Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (1993)

Mike Matei / March 12th, 2015

Comments

• Xen11

March 12, 2015 at 4:05 am

I was about 3 or 4 years old when I’d sneak into the living room early morning when it was still dark and put on a VHS recording from network television of Friday The 13th The Final Chapter. That was my initial real exposure to Jason.

About 3 years pass and my aunt, who’s like a sister to me and 5 years older, was going to rent Jason Goes To Hell for us to watch. I was too scared to go ahead and watch it (that cover ). She brought it back (the store was a quarter mile away) and exchanged it for a wholesome family film. A few weeks go by and I get the courage to watch it and she rents it again. So we sit down in the middle of the night on the couch and watch this thing. I was scared. This was like a bravery ritual, a right of passage, a growing up / crossing the threshold moment. I would think that Jason (and other movie killers) was holding people hostage and making them film what’s happening so people would think it was all fake, but the killer was actually killing these people, with those that survive having to release the footage so everyone around the world would fear this killer.

The film opens and immediately they blow up Jason and my mind was f#%#%^g blown. They killed the motherf#%#%r!!!! I was ecstatic and this was officially the greatest movie I had ever seen (at the age of 8). What transpired in the film was so wonderful and imaginative. I knew how all the other films were, basically, and this was bold, daring, unique, and new. I loved this movie so much. I declared it the greatest Friday The 13th ever for many years after.

Then 4 more years pass and I’m about 12 years old. I get my mother’s boyfriend to rent it because it was an awesome film and we were movie buffs. It’s around Christmas time and we sit down to watch it (after I’ve been telling him about how awesome it is for over a year) with my mother and the Christmas tree lit up. It was all kinds of f#%#%d up. The movie was no where near how awesome I thought it was. It was embarrassing. And the movie is depressing as you watch this family slaughtered while my Christian mother watches in disbelief in our wholesome Christmas tree-lit living room. And to top it all off, the motherload of all surprise endings was so worn out from people rewinding and rewatching it over and over, it was gone. I felt so bad because I hyped it up as one of the greatest slashers ever.

Now, I do love and appreciate what Jason Goes To Hell did. That movie has balls and it did something new and non-formulaic. I love the concept, the story, the look of it (that awesome early ’90s grit), and much more. What I didn’t like was the cheesy score that ruins the whole film.

I think I saw it yet again a little while after that on cable and hated it so much.

So Jason Goes To Hell went from my favorite to my least favorite of the series in a matter of a few years.

But I haven’t watched it with my experienced, much more loving eyes since then. I always have that memory of this awesome film that is Jason Goes To Hell I saw when I was 8. I also have the memory of this horrible film that is Jason Goes To Hell I saw when I was 12.
    When I watch it in the future (properly in widescreen for the initial time) I’ll be hoping to see the beauty in it again.

As for Jason X, I was so hyped to see it in theaters in 2002. That never seemed to happen as this was just before I got a car. I’ve never seen it. I’ve always put it off because I am imagining this wonderful movie in my mind. I’m afraid to ruin that mystery. It’s like this Christmas gift that I never opened and just stare at, wondering how wonderful it could be and knowing once I open it, the mystery and fun will be gone (and it could very possibly be just like Jason Goes To Hell: a wonderful concept with shitty execution and score).

• March 12, 2015 at 4:50 am

Awesome to read your experiences as a kid and growing up with these films. Jason Takes Manhattan was a film I remember being played on HBO a lot in the early 90s and one I remember most. I was always fascinated by these movies as a kid but only reluctantly watched them occasionally when I was able to rent them or see them on TV.

It’s possible I could have seen any of the others before Jason Takes Manhattan but for some reason I remember seeing it the most when I was younger. I remember it being a bad ass, violent, gritty film but over the years I’ve read how tame and underwhelming it really is. It’s funny how you use a lot of your imagination as a kid to make things scarier than they are and it’s hard to realize until you go back and relive your childhood.

I remember being psyched to see Jason Goes to Hell and my Dad rented it for me, him and my uncle to watch. I don’t even remember much about it except my Dad making me cover my eyes whenever some nudity was on screen.

These reviews from James are awesome and it’s great to relive some memories of watching this stuff as a kid. I haven’t seen most of these films in many years..

• Xen11

March 12, 2015 at 5:27 am

Yea, imagination was a wonderful thing as a kid. I used to scare the shit out of myself so much. And HBO was fucking awesome back then. I’d only see HBO at someone else’s house and I have very fond memories of it (Edward Scissorhands, Tales From The Crypt, Predator 2). I’m trying to remember if I ever saw Jason Takes Manhattan on there. It definitely has that gritty early ’90s HBO vibe which is what I adore about Jason Takes Manhatten.
        Movies were so much better as a kid because everything was fresh and new. Nothing was cliche because you’d have nothing to compare it to. I’m glad I wasn’t sheltered and hidden from movies too much as a kid. My biggest problem was simply getting access to them because I didn’t have cable and my mother rarely rented films. I had to rely on my aunt or mother’s boyfriend at the time to see cable, rent films, or go to the movies.

Just watching this review brings back the really good memories of Jason Goes To Hell. How can I possibly hate this film? That’s what I’m thinking. I really do think I’ll love it all over again when I revisit it.

• Griff

March 12, 2015 at 7:34 am

I have an aunt who’s 6 years older than me and while I can’t say we’re like sibling we are good friends.

• mike keith

March 12, 2015 at 11:02 pm

WTF?!?! You were too scared to watch FT13th at 8yrs old??
      Hell, I was watching Fulchi’s House by the Cemetery and SKs Cujo at 6yrs old at the drive inm that my dad took me to. They were ‘scary’ but I knew they were fake. I have NEVER understood this concept of actually being scared of a movie. The only thing I remember being scared of as a kid, was being abducted by aliens, and that was because I would read all those UFO books, but we are talking about ‘non-fiction’ here, not some cheezy special FX, LOL…

• jasonjrf

March 13, 2015 at 1:35 am

Yep you can’t understand why a kid would be scared of a movie I guess your just a badass but you were scared of being ubducted by aliens and that’s somehow not as dumb???? Whatever bud

• June 2, 2015 at 12:02 pm

tl;dr

• March 12, 2015 at 5:11 am

Turns out the Necronomicon becomes more than a reference. It’s a plot point in the Freddy vs Jason vs Ash comic miniseries.

• Xen11

March 12, 2015 at 5:21 am

Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Ash was going to be a film but Sam Raimi (who’s basically in charge of the rights to Ash) declined and rightfully so. It’s said that the reason was that Sam asked if Ash gets to kill off Freddy and Jason for good and New Line said no. Then Sam basically hung up. So they used the screenplay and made it into the comic miniseries.

• March 12, 2015 at 11:08 am

Hate to break this to ya, but Sam Raimi refused the rights to Ash for less “noble” reasons. Remember how the news of an EVIL DEAD remake broke almost immediately after Raimi shut down the FvsJvsA project? Turns out another company had offered more money than New Line to produce a remake instead, and Raimi grabbed it. I know this for certain because I once sent an email to Bruce Campbell making a fuss over the whole deal, and in typical Campbell fashion, he replied with, “You don’t happen to have two kids to send to college, do ya?”

So there you have it. Regardless of whether Raimi and Co. needed the extra moolah or not, the motivation behind choosing the remake over FvsJvsA was purely monetary. Considering the best part of the remake was the end-credits stinger, I think it’s safe to say we missed out on something that could have been a blast.

• Xen11

March 12, 2015 at 11:18 am

@ Ben Winfield

Wow, good to know. I did not know that. I believe you.
        I know for me personally I didn’t want Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Ash because I hate crossovers. I didn’t want the superb Evil Dead trilogy to crossover with two other series (that already crossed over) and tarnish the Evil Dead universe. I admit though that its a wonderful idea and I kinda wish it did happen but what if it sucked and did tarnish Evil Dead and Ash?

Yea, I didn’t like the 4th Evil Dead film either (but loved the end credits stinger). If I could turn back time, I think I would agree with Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Ash because it does seem kill and why the hell not? Campbell is older but I bet he could get back into a decent fraction of the shape he was in for Army Of Darkness. Ash Vs. Evil Dead is happening after all. And who knows, maybe the crossover could still happen. These strange days, we have a phenomenal Marvel Cinematic Universe, an Alien 5 happening with Weaver, and many more unimaginable projects happening thanks to fan outcry from the internet.

• March 12, 2015 at 5:40 pm

Raimi’s coolness just boosted a little bit. One of the weak points of Freddy vs. Jason is that the ending is vague because they didn’t want to upset fans, can you imagine how more frustrating it would have been if they had tried that kind garbage with such a kick-ass hero like Ash?

• March 12, 2015 at 6:47 pm

I’m not sure what you mean by “rightfully so” regardless of the reason. FvsJ was frikkin awesome! FvJvA would have been even better. You can’t kill Freddy and Jason, so that stipulation would have been a moot point anyway.

• March 17, 2015 at 2:32 pm

Heroic to decline such a bad idea!

• Xen11

March 12, 2015 at 5:43 am

I figure that Pamela Voorhees used the Necronomicon to bring her dead son, Jason, back to life from his drowning. She also ordered a creature from Antarctica (as seen with the crate which is a prop from Creepshow) to act as a vessel for her son’s soul. Then when Jason is destroyed by the toxic waste perhaps he floated back to Crystal Lake or the creature that made up his heart found its way back to Crystal Lake by jumping from body to body.
    Then the creature goes into Pamela Voorhees’s corpse and Jason is reborn. Or perhaps what we see at the end of Jason Takes Manhattan is simply in Rennie’s mind (the little boy and Jason’s head being ripped apart by the toxic waste).

• March 12, 2015 at 6:20 am

The uncut version of this movie has the funniest gore I have ever seen in a flick. It gets 5 stars for cheese factor, but you MUST see the uncut version.

• Zces

March 12, 2015 at 11:42 am

Saw the uncut version and the girl o riding his boyfriend is a really nice kill!

• Zces

March 12, 2015 at 11:43 am

In the tent =)

• Don Skiver

March 12, 2015 at 6:37 am

This movie was fucking terrible. I know there wasn’t much they could do after 8 films…but jesus christ. To me, the answer was obvious: Don’t make a slasher franchise last 8 fucking films. When you have a franchise burn out, and you still want to share it with new audiences (read: still want to make money) that’s when you need to reboot the series.

Fuck man…this was the worst F13 movie yet. Even worse than part 8: “Jason takes a Boat Ride”.

• Sweetdeath

March 12, 2015 at 7:52 pm

I will always call it Jason takes a Boat ride now. Perfect title. I really wish they were able to film at more locations in NYC.

• March 12, 2015 at 7:47 am

That dagger is from Evil Dead II James.

• March 12, 2015 at 8:15 am

This is the WORST film in the series and shouldn’t even be acceptable to watch!

• Guillaume Beck

March 12, 2015 at 9:06 am

THANKS !!! I TOTALLY AGREE !

• March 12, 2015 at 11:39 am

Yeah, I saw this right after it came out on video, and I was ashamed of it… I remember Manhattan so much more fondly, and I still think Part XIII is worlds better, to this day. I don’t get why people think Jason X is so great, however, either.

• The Formless One

March 12, 2015 at 9:54 am

Nope. James is right. Part 8 is the worst.

• March 12, 2015 at 10:03 am

Agreed that Part 8 was the worst. The redeeming quality of part 9 is the uncut version, where you can point and laugh at the cheesy gore. Part 8 doesn’t even have that going for it.

• March 12, 2015 at 10:57 am

Nope. This is the worst! It’s barely a Friday the 13th flick. Eight is one of my favorites. It’s straight up slasher flick, has the highest body count in the series to that point.

It doesn’t do anything spectacular, but it sticks to the formula just fine, has some interesting kills, and a cool ending!

• March 12, 2015 at 12:59 pm

Zach, if part 8 is one of your favorites, then you’re pretty fucked up. I was there in theater when it came out, and everyone agreed it was bay far the worst of the entire series. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY liked it.

• March 12, 2015 at 1:00 pm

*by

• sev666

March 12, 2015 at 8:42 am

This is the worst film in the series.

When New Line got their hands on this franchise, it was all downhill from there.

• March 12, 2015 at 10:58 am

Agreed. This ruined Friday the 13th. I forget this one happened; Jason X takes place after FT13 Part 8.

• Senna4ever

March 12, 2015 at 11:09 am

It went downhill after part 1.

• March 14, 2015 at 3:27 am

I’d say you’re trolling.

• March 12, 2015 at 8:56 am

Speaking of Rocky V: The Coroner who eats Jason’s Heart? That’s Richard Gant, the same actor who played fight promoter George Washington Duke!

• Guillaume Beck

March 12, 2015 at 9:04 am

James, you said Part VIII might be the worst one but as far as I’m concerned (and that’s not saying much) this one really is the worst of them all.
    At least part VIII had Jason on screen more often and didn’t shat all over the Voorhees mythology. This film is seriously broken and the fact it’s more “original” than most other episods still don’t make it worthwile.

• The Formless One

March 12, 2015 at 9:53 am

No reference that the main male actor here is the same as in the Friday 13th series?

• Pablo1989

March 12, 2015 at 9:54 am

πŸ˜€ That Jason worm Kinda reminds me Alien movies, where faceguggers need living host.

• CrushingC10996WM

March 12, 2015 at 10:36 am

The best part was the ending, no doubt about it

• JayRam

March 12, 2015 at 10:52 am

Wow, this movie looks like utter dog shit. I never have seen this one, but by the looks of it I wasn’t missing much. Looked like the filmmakers were making things up as they went along, just to try and keep the series fresh. They failed–horribly!

• March 12, 2015 at 1:08 pm

I saw this when it was new-ish, on video (I think this killed $-wise on video but not at the box office) and I loved how it broke the formula and was so different. Then again I was in high school and we all know how teens have great taste.

In summation: you haven’t missed anything by not having seen this film.

• Senna4ever

March 12, 2015 at 11:10 am

Interesting tit-bit.
    The hand playing the Freddy glove at the end was Kane Hodder too.
    So he’s the only actor to have played Freddy and Jason…and in the same film too.

• Xen11

March 12, 2015 at 11:28 am

Why do people hate this film? Is it simply because its not conventional and Jason isn’t featured throughout in his traditional image?

Is it because you feel that the mythology sucks? Do you think it doesn’t make sense in the grand scheme and why not?

• gattz

March 12, 2015 at 12:51 pm

I would wager that 90% of the hate the movie gets is simply because it is not Jason’s traditional appearance throughout the movie. Which is understandable. It was a bold move but not a very good idea.

Still, all things considered, I have a hard time calling this the *worst* film in the franchise. Creighton Duke is probably the coolest character other than Jason himself to ever come out of these movies. There is some great effects and kills (the girl in the tent is probably one of the best kills in slasher film history). The story isn’t particularly great, but it tries new things in a way that isn’t completely retarded (New Blood and Jason X) and feels fresher than a lot of the previous sequels.

All things considered it’s certainly one of the weaker Friday the 13th films, but I don’t think it really deserves the terrible reputation it seems to have acquired.

• March 12, 2015 at 11:46 am

James, I just wanna point out that the Necronomicon was created by horror author H.P. Lovecraft, not the creator of Evil Dead. Just thought I’d point that out πŸ˜›

• Xen11

March 12, 2015 at 1:50 pm

But that particular Necronomicon is the one from the Evil Dead films (the Necronomicon Ex-Mortis) that was created by Tom Sullivan (without his permission for this film).

• Glorious Gerbil

March 12, 2015 at 11:56 am

Necronomicon is originally a H.P Lovecraft idea…i think.

• aekprr

March 12, 2015 at 3:34 pm

The thing I love the most about this film was Jason’s design. That was the Jason design of the 90s, wether it be toys, costumes, comic books, posters, etc etc. they all used the Jason Goes To Hell look. If Part 7 look was your generations Jason then this was mine.

• March 12, 2015 at 4:18 pm

my roomate’s step-mother makes $62 every hour on the internet . She has been without work for ten months but last month her pay was $18554 just working on the internet for a few hours. why not try this out

➜➜➜➜ http://www.Jobs-Sites.om

• BADam

March 12, 2015 at 4:31 pm

I can explain this movie: Clive Barker

• March 12, 2015 at 5:15 pm

I don’t think that’s it.

• March 12, 2015 at 5:46 pm

No I know what he means; the creators of this movie watched Hellraiser and said ‘That’s how we’ll make Jason new, throw in a Clive Barkeresque mythos!’

• fanboyfilms

March 12, 2015 at 4:53 pm

The reason the Necronomicon was in there was simply because KNB effects did both the Evil Dead films and The Final Friday. Wasn’t Freddy’s glove also hanging in the work shed in Evil Dead 2?

Fans have suggested that Jason’s body looks so bulbous in this one because he’s still recovering from the toxic waste in Part 8 that melted him but didn’t kill him. The little kid you see at the end of 8 is just another hallucination of Rennie’s.

I think New Line went with “The Final Friday” because they had just killed off Freddy in “The Final Nightmare.” Weren’t the early rumors that they were supposed to meet in Hell for FVJ? According to the FVJ DVD that movie was in production hell for a decade and went through dozens of scripts.

The worm really makes no sense with the mythology and makes this movie basically into “The Hidden.”

• March 12, 2015 at 6:53 pm

No it doesn’t, but then again, by the time they kill off Freddy he’s got demonic dream ghost snakes powering him as well. So yeah… don’t explain things.

• March 12, 2015 at 5:43 pm

I haven’t seen this movie (I haven’t seen any of these movies. one of the reasons I’ve been watching it is that I wanted to see if any of these movies were worth watching) but just from an outsiders point of view that opening is…GENIUS!!!
    It’s incredible! The idea of the government getting wise to how slasher movie villains work and trying to stop them is a great one and this opening executes it brilliantly! Imagine a whole movie about this; The government deciding to take out slasher movie killers once and for all and all the slasher movie killers uniting to take them out? Wouldn’t that be cool?

• March 12, 2015 at 6:50 pm

Yeah it is, but the demonic snake thing kind of ruined it. If you liked the opening of this film then stick around for Jason X…. they use the exact same one only this time they wise up and capture Jason instead.

• Jacob Snyder

March 12, 2015 at 5:54 pm

Jason Goes to Hell is the worst of the films in my opinion, since Jason is barley in it in all his pride and glory! Grant it the makeup was great when we did see him, but I hated the idea of having him possessing peope, it just didn’t feel like Jason to me, it felt like some stupid possession slasher movie.

• March 12, 2015 at 6:53 pm

I haven’t seen any of the Friday the 13th movies but I feel like I have because of these reviews, you do a real good job on them!

• MadHitz

March 12, 2015 at 6:59 pm

Freddy Vs. Jason is still one of my most memorable movie-going experiences. It’s the only movie I’ve seen in theater where the crowd is cheering and clapping for the 2 villains.

• Xen11

March 13, 2015 at 12:44 am

For me as well. That was the initial time I drove to a movie by myself because I had gotten my initial car. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do all my life: Drive to a busy opening night showing of a Jason or Freddy film.

The audience was awesome. They would make the right sounds at the right times.
      A bunch of young hood guys were sitting there with their little brother. The older brother clowned his younger brother (about 11 years old) when the naked girl on the shower was on screen. “Look at Jimmy getting hard.”

Whenever Jason one-upped Freddy they’d go ‘OHHHHHHH’ with black women cheering, “BEAT HIS ASS!!!!!”

When Freddy and Jason are about to fight in that fiery cabin, a guy in front of me totally girled out and giggled while pumping his fists and feet like a little school girl. His girlfriend did not approve and looked at him in disbelief.

Somebody had the audacity to bring a baby there but the baby only cried once. It was at the beginning of the film when Freddy is talking to the audience in his boiler room and there are close-ups of his face. The baby’s cries added a creepy atmosphere to that scene as if it was one of his victims.

• Zach Standig

March 12, 2015 at 7:04 pm

It’s like…if you take the best parts of all the movies you can get a masterpiece…

but…you know, “if”

• gluserty

March 12, 2015 at 7:09 pm

I actually like this film, but it’s real two saving graces for me is the scene in which the female camper gets hacked in half while having an orgasm, and the appearance of Erin Grey, who I remembered fondly as Colonel Wilma Deering from “Buck Rogers in the 25th Century”. Also, i liked the DVD commentary.

• Smokingspoon

March 12, 2015 at 7:47 pm

It’s Mr. X from the X-Files!

• Sweetdeath

March 12, 2015 at 7:51 pm

Really excited for you to do Freddy vs Jason. I think all of us wanted more from that movie, but yeah. Anything is better than this one. This is the worst imo

• March 12, 2015 at 8:18 pm

This movie was pathetic, and was easily the worst in the series.

• March 13, 2015 at 2:42 am

This movie is awful. My least favorite in the entire franchise. Not only is this the worst Jason film I’d consider it one of the worst big studio horror movies I’ve ever seen. It’s hard to sit through. I’d rather watch Part VIII 100 times in a row then be forced to sit through this turd again. Bleh.

Visually unappealing (not in a good way), A story that makes almost no sense, annoying characters with acting so bad it makes high school stage plays look professional. Although I can’t entirely blame the actors for not giving a shit given the dialogue they are forced to spout. Other then some nice effects if there is any entry worth skipping, this is it.

• Hanglyman

March 13, 2015 at 10:24 am

I’ve never seen the movies, but… how is Jason still around to blow up at the beginning? I thought he melted into a puddle of goo at the end of the previous movie. Did he actually just get horribly deformed or did they retcon it?

• fanboyfilms

March 13, 2015 at 11:56 am

The fan theory is that the toxic waste melted him but didn’t kill him, and then it washed him out to sea or something and he made his way back to Crystal Lake. The kid you see at the end of 8 was just another hallucination. This is never explained in the movies but since they gave us no explanation at all, it’s all we’ve got.

• March 13, 2015 at 5:45 pm

I just wish the reviews etc were a lot longerish. Otherwise Mad Coolies James.

• March 14, 2015 at 12:11 am

I like to think that Jason is probably a deadite and is fueled by the necronomicon which could explain why when he leaves people’s bodies in this movie their bodies melt just like the ending of the evil dead when scotty and cheryl melt and i haven’t read it but I think this theory is referenced in the freddy vs jason vs ash comic

• DARRYL HALL

March 16, 2015 at 3:03 am

This is by far the best Friday the 13th movie in the franchise.

• March 17, 2015 at 2:40 pm

This movie was a Jason going Necronomicon going gouaould going Freddie Kruger shit film. The shit just got shittier by the movie.

• March 18, 2015 at 5:12 am

There is actually a series of comic books with Ash from Evil Dead series fighting with Jason and Freddy in Washington, along with a bunch of characters from Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street series. I think it was Dynamite Entertainment that made that happen.

• Ben_from_G-town

March 22, 2015 at 6:11 am

It’s not good, but not the same old shit. Yay? πŸ˜€ Yeah, the wait was so long, that I didn’t think Freddy vs. Jason would ever happen.

• March 24, 2015 at 8:48 am

Wow, I hope Friday The 13th 2015 will be good.

• Raul Armando Gamez Obregon

April 3, 2015 at 12:13 pm

Jason goes to Hell? the only thing that went to hell was the franchise…

After the fiasco of Jason takes to manhattan (a sequel was planned called “Jason goes to bahamas” but it was scrapped guess why) what a way to kill the franchise: now Jason is a some sort of demon that can jump from body to body? only a relative can kill him using a dagger that came out of someone`s ass? WTF? whoever came up with this shit is just screaming “i was in charge of writing Jason goes to hell but i have no fucking idea of what i`m doing i don`t fukcing care either” the most dissapointing part was Craighton Duke… the whole movie i was expecting to see him go mano a mano with Jason and what happend? he got injured BEFORE even facing Jason and all he does is scream like a pussy as Jason gives him a bear hugh… and that was it… Just like Rob in part 4…

• Raul Armando Gamez Obregon

April 3, 2015 at 12:17 pm

I`m going to reply myself here… now that i think of it…

What if in the last fight… Jason had possesed Craighton? plot twist! the man who was going to kill Jason becomes Jason… not enough to save this movie from hell but it would have been nice to see it…

• Stephanie Obernier

April 9, 2015 at 5:20 pm

I remember me and my family went to see this movie in the theater. I was 11. I remember the audience roaring with applause when the real Jason finally showed up, and then the ending when we saw Freddy’s glove. Good Times.

• M. Ryan

April 12, 2015 at 10:53 pm

THE BOOK FROM EVIL DEAD is from Lovecraft itself…

• Joshua Bradley

June 11, 2015 at 2:57 pm

We don’t speak about this movie where I come from, y’all just head back the way you came. There’s no such thing as Jason Goes to Hell, it never existed…

• Deathbringer

October 27, 2015 at 7:23 am

I’m a Voorhees you never knew about. I wonder if I could kill Jason πŸ˜€

No seriously, my last name is Voorhees, lol.

• Vgeeta solo

January 30, 2016 at 6:02 am

To be honest watching Jason goes to hell was uncomfortable especially how Jason transfer his soul via mouth

• August 19, 2016 at 11:50 pm

I’ve heard, only heard mind you, that Sean S. Cunningham DID write a treatment, simply titled ‘The Final Friday,’ in which Tommy Jarvis from Jason Lives returns as the protagonist, leading a group of bounty hunters into Crystal Lake to finish off Jason once and for all. Essentially, it was going to be a Predator movie with Jason Voorhees. In fact, the opening of Jason being shot WAS going to be used at the end of the climactic battle as his ‘final’ death. It would have been Tommy versus Jason, the former stabbing him, shooting him multiple times, setting him on fire, and finally killing him by blowing up a dockside fuel tank with a grenade launcher, eviscerating Jason’s body. The final shot was going to be Jason’s mask ominously floating on the service of the lake before gently sinking down, the camera would pan up to the exhausted Tommy walking away as the authorities arrive. Personally, I think this would have been a far more appropriate finale to the series, but that’s just me.

• Xen11

September 12, 2016 at 12:23 pm

It would just be a rehash of Jason Lives. Same thing with the premise that Corey Feldman pitches – Tommy Jarvis facing his fears and confronting Jason. That already happened in Jason Lives.