AVGN Movie Blu-ray is here!

James / December 17th, 2014

Get Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie on Blu-ray!
(Distributed by Screenwave Media)

BUY ON AMAZON

INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING AVAILABLE

It totals about 10 hours of bonus content, (12 hours including the main feature film), which is insane! That doesn’t even count the audio commentary track, and audience reaction track. It should be noted that half of the bonus content has already been posted online in some form like the trailers, web updates, Q&A’s, etc, now all together at home in one package, but it’s still about 5 hours of DVD/Blu-ray exclusives (9 hours of exclusives if you count the bonus audio tracks).

MAIN FEATURE
with Scene Selections and Subtitles (all the same languages currently on Vimeo)

AUDIO TRACKS
1. Stereo
2. 5.1 Surround
3. Commentary with Sean, Kevin, James
4. Audience reaction track (using the best existing audio from the Egyptian Theater premiere in Hollywood, and New York City)

VFX – BEFORE AND AFTER – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (11 mins, 25 secs)

COSTUMES – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (9 mins, 21 secs)

SPECIAL EFFECTS – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (39 mins, 53 secs)

ON SET WITH DEATH MWAUTHZYX – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (48 mins, 24 secs)

CAST – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (15 mins, 13 secs)

HSW (9 mins, 20 secs)

MUSIC & SOUND – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (15 mins, 26 secs)

OUTTAKES – Lloyd Kaufman – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (2 mins, 6 secs)

OUTTAKES – Eddie Pepitone – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (2 mins, 36 secs)

OUTTAKES – Van Chase – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (3 mins, 35 seconds)

OUTTAKES – Nerd’s game reviews – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (4 mins, 55 secs)

OUTTAKES – Justin Carmical (in memory) – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (1 min, 53 secs)

BLOOPER REEL – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (9 mins, 21 secs)

FAN REEL – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (3 mins, 25 secs)

DELETED SCENE – “Nerds Before Birds” – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (1 min, 39 secs)

DELETED SCENE – Original Ending – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (37 secs)

EXTENDED SCENE – Mandi Vs. McButter – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (2 mins, 32 secs)

Cyborg Death Skull From Galaxy X – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (15 secs)

Death Mwauthzyx rap song – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (2 mins, 11 secs)

Super Rad Video Game Dude – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (1 min, 13 secs)

Robbie Rist – voice session – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (3 mins, 28 secs)

INSIDE LOOK (7 mins, 26 secs)

AVGN Movie Tour Montage (4 mins, 23 secs)

Trailer 1 (2 mins, 49 secs)

Teaser – excavation team (43 seconds)

Trailer 2 (2 mins, 27 secs)

AUDITIONS – Sarah Glendening – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (5 mins, 4 secs)

AUDITIONS – Stephen Mendel – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (4 mins, 43 secs)

AUDITIONS – Helena Barrett – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (1 min, 26 secs)

AUDTIONS – Jake Johnson – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (1 mins, 17 secs)

AUDITIONS – Time Winters – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (3 mins, 53 secs)

ALTERNATE SCENE – Original Intro – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (1 min, 29 secs)

EXTENDED EDIT – Super Turbo Deluxe Edition – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (43 secs)

EXTENDED EDIT – Zandor hallway – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (1 min, 38 secs)

EXTENDED EDIT – Death Mwauthzyx rampage – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (3 mins, 1 sec)

PA Trailer premiere with James (19 mins, 55 secs)

LA Trailer premiere with Kevin and Sean (6 mins, 11 secs)

Bear MCreary music vlog (7 mins, 28 secs)

Script talk (21 mins, 53 secs)

History of the Nerd – Kyle Justin song (7 mins)

Q&A – Egyptian Theater, Hollywood (16 mins, 25 ses)

Q&A – Comic Con 2014 (7 mins, 45 secs)

Q&A – Colonial Theater, PA (13 mins, 40 secs)

Q&A – New York City (15 mins, 39 secs)

Q&A – PAX, Seattle WA (18 mins, 19 secs)

Slideshow – blues song cover – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (5 mins, 42 secs)

Nostalgia Critic review – DVD/BD EXCLUSIVE (20 mins, 11 secs)

IndieGoGo Response video (1 min, 52 secs)

The Title (4 mins, 8 secs)

Thinking Way Ahead (1 min, 54 secs)

Packing Stuff (3 mins, 36 secs)

Road Trip (9 mins, 19 secs)

Ramblings (2 mins, 40 secs)

Locations (3 mins, 31 secs)

The FX Shop (2 mins, 27 secs)

Casting Decisions (3 mins, 36 secs)

The Point of No Return (7 mins, 12 secs)

Greetings from the Studio (7 mins, 51 secs)

28 Nerdy Days (45 mins, 23 secs)

Update May 2012 (14 mins, 9 secs)

Update April 2013 (7 mins, 36 secs)

Update September 2013 (16 mins, 12 secs)

Update October 2013 (6 mins, 12 secs)

Update December 2013 (15 mins, 56 secs)

Update March 2014 (24 mins, 1 sec)

Premiere announcement – June 2014 (6 mins, 29 secs)

Update August 2014 (17 mins, 10 secs)
See AVGN Movie REVIEWS and INTERVIEWS here

Comments

• December 17, 2014 at 9:56 am

Aw, c’mon, website! This is my 3rd time trying to post something!!

*sigh* This site needs a tune-up. Or something.

• Larry Hood

December 17, 2014 at 11:55 am

I’ve noticed there are times when I am unable to post. What is the reason behind this you think?

• assjack

December 17, 2014 at 9:48 pm

Stop trying to write useless F!RST comments.

• Shannon Gold

December 17, 2014 at 10:19 am

Ordered it and on it’s way! Should be here today actually! Yay! Thanks for making Christmas this year awesome!

• luconator

December 17, 2014 at 10:30 am

Just bought it!!! Can’t wait to watch it! Thanks James!

• December 22, 2014 at 8:16 am

thats right paid for the DR Ver and will buy the dvd/blue ray ver too good movie

• Shannon Gold

December 17, 2014 at 10:36 am

If you didn’t like the movie… Don’t purchase the blu ray.

• JayRam

December 17, 2014 at 10:53 am

But, that would be too easy–and logical. I’ll never understand why people go out of their way just to post bullshit like that.

• supaflygibson

December 22, 2014 at 2:04 pm

No, technically you donated meaning you gave money for nothing in return. With all of the content James gives to us for free, how could you mind paying for this movie??

• supaflygibson

December 28, 2014 at 1:49 am

I donated $10 years ago happy to contribute to the movie. Its not necessarily James’ fault you believed it would be free, I never thought he’d just upload it like his other videos. He stated he was creating a legitimate full blown movie and it was obvious with the 15+ minute movie updates he periodically uploaded. I honestly can’t believe any true fan of James could feel entitled to free access to his movie while understanding the incredible amount of work that was put into it. I also gladly paid for a digital copy of the movie.

• December 17, 2014 at 10:55 am

I hope the dvd version has all the same special features.

• Lukas Sprehn

December 17, 2014 at 11:32 am

In the movie industry “flop” implies that you did not make any money back from your movie, it doesn’t imply that the general public’s opinion is that the movie is bad. I do not know how well the film has done, you’d have to ask James, Kevin Finn and Sean Keegan about that, but if it was the latter you meant, I’d hate to burst your bubble, that would be a false statement. A rating of 5-6 out of 10 still means that the majority liked the movie. 4 is average. Anything over generally means success. Maybe not on the highest level, but success all the same.

• dcco

December 17, 2014 at 11:58 am

hahah an NC review looking forward to that. also Mike Matei lol. if he ever appears in an avgn ep as himself it needs to be something epic.

• December 17, 2014 at 12:09 pm

It looks like Shitsmas has 13 days this year! Congrats, James. 🙂

• December 17, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Great work, James.. Keep it coming. Told my wife that would be a great gift for me. Early presents are acceptable. If she wanted..

Oh and I asked her what she wanted. She said and I quote ” Get me The Nerd for a night. I promise I’ll be a bad, vary bad, video game for him. So bad it would take longer for him to review it, than it did ET.”
    Whatever that means. ANyway. Happy Shitsmas to you and your family..

• December 17, 2014 at 12:31 pm

Congratulations James, you did it! The movie is awesome by the way!

• unreal.reality

December 17, 2014 at 1:05 pm

So you clearly but the runtime where everyone could see it. But why the 114m an not the 1h 54m?

• Elias Huter

December 17, 2014 at 1:17 pm

Unfortunately I didn’t like the movie at all. I bought the online stream, and thought it was one of the worst movies I have seen.
    It was rarley funny, boring, and confusing – me and my girlfriend didn’t even finish watching it.

Nontheless I don’t regret to have bought it, as I really appreciate all your web videos, beginning from AVGN all the way to monster madness. Thanks for all your hard work James! Keep up your good work, and hopefully also I will like your next movie 😉

• December 18, 2014 at 3:09 am

Awww Cmon’ maaann.. You didn’t laugh at “It helps when you shake me sir.” or “Rectal Scanner..?”.

• S3ntinel2001

December 17, 2014 at 1:35 pm

VHS release please!

• Ryan Midkiff

December 17, 2014 at 1:46 pm

This is going to sound like a joke to you guys, Mr. Rolfe and Mr. Mattei, but I’m serious. Is there any chance of a release of the movie on VHS? I know movie companies don’t do that anymore but thought that if there was anybody that would, it would be you. I’m one of those rare breeds without a working DVD player. I still use my trusty VHS player.

• goodpenisbadpenis

December 17, 2014 at 6:42 pm

You can get a DVD player for like nothing nowadays. Then you can just tape it and there’s your VHS. You would spend more on blank tapes than a new DVD player.

• December 18, 2014 at 3:14 am

That would defeat the purpose of the title “rare breed” man. I don’t have permission to but if I did, or could get it, I would hook you up Mr. Midkiff. Complete with cover and all.

• Ryan Midkiff

December 18, 2014 at 11:45 am

The reason why I haven’t isn’t money, it’s I have a really old TV that still uses coax cables. There is no other way to hook anything up to it. It doesn’t have RCA attachments or anything like that. I mean it is super old. The reason why I don’t get a new one is I see it as a shame to get rid of that TV when it still works just fine, so I need something that has coax hookups and most DVD players nowadays don’t have those. I have had DVD players in the past that used coax hookups but those are hard to find anymore, and my past DVD players broke while my old VHS still works like a champ. That’s the deal, I have an old-ass VHS and an old-ass TV that still work like a champ while DVD players, and DVDs for that matter, break if you just look at them wrong. That’s bullshit, pun intended.

• December 18, 2014 at 3:17 am

If you can get permission. I would, gladly, hook you up. You don’t know anyone who could record vinyl do you? I’d buy the soundtrack on LP in a heartbeat.

• Eric

December 17, 2014 at 1:47 pm

Wow man……can’t wait to see the finished result!! Well done!

• Night-X

December 17, 2014 at 1:57 pm

Well this fuckin suck I don’t have a Blu-ray player anymore after some old dickhead lost it. Plus I call this year the shitty year after all the bad luck having this year and almost over in next two weeks. So fuck you 2014 and kiss my ass fuckin shitty year.

• December 17, 2014 at 2:54 pm

Can you let us know if it will be stocked on Amazon Canada? Can be twice as much after shipping/import fees.

• fallout1312

December 17, 2014 at 3:29 pm

I KNOW WHAT I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS!!! So glad it’s finally here. Thank you James for all the special features, and thank EVERYONE who made this movie possible. All of you actors who played in it were great. I swear yall did such a good job on this movie. This is a great buy man. I can’t wait to get this. THANK YOU CINEMASSACRE!!! YOU ROCK!!!

• pjeramcroft

December 17, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Already ordered it to be delivered to the UK. Can’t wait 🙂

• Dylan Spallin

December 17, 2014 at 4:37 pm

Its finally here! its been awesome following this journey with you guys over the last few years. The movie was even better than I imagined. Thanks for the years of laughter, James. You too, Mike. 🙂

• December 17, 2014 at 4:54 pm

James, tell me you got you some of dat hot Nerd Girl action….. I know you can’t say it out here, but we all believe your getting some nice trimm

• Englandsdreaming

December 17, 2014 at 7:09 pm

I HAVE been watching AVGN since 2006 and have loved all your videos over the years. Out of all the videos i have watched on the Internet you have made me laugh the most.
    Any way i could only watch 25 minutes of THE AVGN film….You know whats BULLSHIT, that fucking film..
    Any i still love your work, i don’t believe in bullshitting you and saying it was amazing!!! Peace and love

• December 17, 2014 at 7:25 pm

Will it be available on Amazon Canada anytime soon?

• December 17, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Now all I need is the DVD version. Ho ho ho!

• December 17, 2014 at 9:01 pm

Yeah, I’m one of the unfortunate bastards that bought an XBOX 360 instead of a PS3. But I have learned from James that movie-making is easy! He’s already got one person making indie movies, so good game, man.

• Don Skiver

December 17, 2014 at 9:36 pm

Got my Bluray disc today (2 days early!)
    I’m looking at the reviews on IMDB and…I feel like a lot of the disappointment is coming from people who expected to watch a 2 hour nerd review (or several shorter reviews adding up to 2 hours) and didn’t get that. Not only that, but there was SO MUCH HYPE and anticipation for this movie, people were bound to be disappointed in some way.

This movie really does feel reminiscent of “Wayne’s World” and it suffered from the same problems. That said, I enjoyed “Wayne’s World” and I enjoyed this movie too.

James got to make the movie he wanted to make. I’m hoping that he is able to apply all the hard lessons he learned making this feature film towards his future feature films (unintentional alliteration :P)

• Neil Merritt

December 18, 2014 at 7:37 am

Hey Cinemassacre crew, just a question, I bought the movie from Vimeo and I loved it so much I wound up watching it about 5 times 🙂 I really wanna buy the blu-ray and I noticed it has international shipping but is it region free as I am in the UK and my only way of watching Blu-Ray at the moment is my PS3 or my PS4?

• DaveStation3

December 18, 2014 at 12:05 pm

It is region free. I’m from Ireland (hi neighbour!) and already received my copy. Ordered Dec 15th, arrived Dec 17th, super fast. Playing on my PS4 just fine.

• December 18, 2014 at 10:30 am

Please, please, please find a way to get it sold via Amazon.co.uk, as the postage and taxes from the US to Denmark pretty much doubles the price.

• Anna Inka Maria

December 18, 2014 at 11:56 am

Just bought it! It’ll arrive next year in GER. Cant’t wait to see the movie on blu-ray! ^.^

• Robodino

December 18, 2014 at 2:06 pm

And yet I still haven’t received my signed photograph for my donation OR any word about whether or not I will still receive it at all. That just makes me sad. You did a REALLY great job on the movie though.

• December 27, 2014 at 11:27 am

Wow, this is awesome. I’m happy your dream has finally come true. As a fellow film guy, I’m still trying to make mine come true. But anyway, I would love to buy your blu-ray, but Amazon is out of stock. Are you making more copies of it? Can’t wait to get a hold of it. 🙂

• December 29, 2014 at 4:25 am

Hey! I’m the “biggest Fan from Germany” guy.
    Is there any way to buy a signed copy of the Movie?

You guys are awesome!

People of the Internet! Buy this Movie! Buy thousands of them to build a monument out of them!

Greetings from Germany,
    Adil

• December 31, 2014 at 8:39 pm

This will probably get deleted, but that’s okay. I may be a later fan of James’s work (I didn’t discover the AVGN until the fall 0f ’10), but once I discovered the marvel that is The Nerd, I binged on every Nerd video I could find on YouTube.

That being said, this movie was sub-par at best. I should have realized that something was rotten in Denmark when James got to his goal then KEPT E-BEGGING. I still love watching the Nerd videos on YouTube, and I don’t understand why he couldn’t have stuck with the simple charm of that for the movie.

Instead of an good underdog indie-comedy, we got a bad action flick. And to everyone saying that the movie was “intentionally supposed to be cheesy”, I have one question: why did he raise about $300,000 more than he needed if he was going to intentionally make the film low-budget? Either

a) James is not a good filmmaker
    or
    b) He decided to take the money and run.

It almost seems like the plot from The Producers, except with a movie and not a Broadway play. And I don’t know what kind of mind control James has over his friends, but if they truly cared about him they would have given him an honest critique. Even Doug said that he felt he HAD to give a good review.

I’ll still watch his episodes, but people need to stay away from KickStarter-funded films from now on.

• January 13, 2015 at 6:31 pm

I’m so proud of you! You achieved your goal!

I loved the movie! It made me laugh (because it was hilarious) and cry (I’m working on my goal too!).

You’re quite the inspiration to me. All the best from Canada!

• January 21, 2015 at 8:16 am

I’m happy the blu-ray in on amazon; I always had bad blood with paypal over them not taking VISA Gift Cards it was so bad i heat it wean paypal is the only option. I well get this moive asap I what to see it. I so prized he never connected The Louisiana Film & Entertainment Association thier one of the holly geils for inead flim makers.

• January 23, 2015 at 11:39 pm

LOVED THE MOVIE WHEN I WATCHED IT! LOVED THE BLU-RAY WHEN I BOUGHT IT! ALREADY ADDED IT TO MY FAVORITE MOVIES LIST!

• February 8, 2015 at 9:52 am

soory neard y have to see your movie, look real good!!! i tell you i will see your movie one way or another ÇXD BIG LIKE FROM SPAIN

• Eric Price

February 16, 2015 at 4:31 pm

Any word on when the DVD will be released???

• April 10, 2015 at 10:36 pm

Spending my Friday night watching AVGN Movie Blu-ray eating popcorn and laughing my ass off! I

• June 9, 2015 at 9:18 am

I wonder if there’s an Angry Movie Nerd out there who watches the shitty movies that suck ass. If there is, he should do a video on this movie. It’s a big flaming turd sandwich, and as fans, we’re all expected to take a bite.

• June 15, 2015 at 4:07 am

where do i order it at?

• June 15, 2015 at 10:49 pm

I just ordered the AVGN movie on amazon with overnight shipping! i cant wait, i wan to see the extras, the nerd is so bad ass, i bought it just to see him in action, i got a blu ray burner/player in my PC, hooked up tgo a 32inch HD 1080p TV, im gonna enjoy it up close .. im sorry to say i dont have 5.1 surround sound but i do got 4 stereo speakers and a huge 15 inch subwoofer, so i will without a doubt enjoy it

• frozenwolf

June 18, 2015 at 10:33 pm

After all these years… Congratulations James. It’s a dream come true.

• SouL Prisoner

August 17, 2015 at 11:27 am

Good sht bro. Would have supported if i had tons of cash. :/

• September 18, 2015 at 12:42 am

Just got on steam duel pack the game & movie =) Great stuff keep it up

• Vernon Schaal

September 29, 2015 at 10:34 pm

This movie was ass! I rather eat buffalo shit. Should I use your slogans? No I’m not joking, this movie was terrible. It wasn’t funny, at any time i the movie. I got seriously bored after 20 minutes, and forced myself to continue watching just because it was AVGN. But it just continued to get worse. The special effects were garbage, the actors sucked, the sets were cheap, yet you raised over 300k. Your movie is estimated at around 68k – 70k lol. We all know where the rest of the money went, into your pocket.

• October 24, 2015 at 9:40 pm

Wow, Vernon. You’re incredible filmography of completed projects has once again proved useful in estimating the budget of other people’s films. Without your insight and experience, we wouldn’t have all of the films that we love today. I’m just glad George Stevens had you on set to produce the new Mad Max films, because you truly are a living legend.

Oh, wait. You haven’t actually made a movie? Hm. Yeah, I guess that makes more sense when I read your comment. But don’t let that keep you from spewing ignorance all over the internet.

• October 24, 2015 at 9:41 pm

Wow, Vernon. Your incredible filmography of completed projects has once again proved useful in estimating the budget of other people’s films. Without your insight and experience, we wouldn’t have all of the films that we love today. I’m just glad George Stevens had you on set to produce the new Mad Max films, because you truly are a living legend.

• October 24, 2015 at 9:49 pm

Hey, James. I’m very interested in the Blu-Ray version of this film, but it appears to have sold out. As a filmmaker myself, I think the behind the scenes features would be very educational. Working on shoestring budgets myself, I’d like to see how you pulled off your ambitious script with such a small budget. Will there be another run of disks? Or is there a secret stash somewhere from which I could procure my treasure?

Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]

• Kristy

December 28, 2015 at 11:53 pm

The blue ray is no longer sold on amazon!!! Will it be back??