AVGN Movie International Premiere in Canada!

James / June 24th, 2014

I’m very glad to say that Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie will have its international premiere in Canada, at Fantasia International Film Festival in Montreal.

To quote Lloyd Kaufman in his book Sell Your Own Damn Movie, “I believe this is the best-curated film festival in the world.”

The addition of the AVGN movie to Fantasia has been mentioned in Sound on Sight and The Hollywood Reporter.

The festival runs from July 17 to August 5. The festival’s full lineup of screenings and events will be announced on July 10.

Kevin Finn will be attending!

Comments

• geddon

June 24, 2014 at 9:46 am

Maybe we can meet up at Tim Hortons for some donuts after, eh?

• June 24, 2014 at 10:34 am

Yes! You chose the only city I could go to for your international premiere. I’m so glad! Waiting for the dates, hopefully it won’t conflict with my school schedule but I really want to go.

• June 24, 2014 at 10:34 am

Nice. Here’s hoping for Toronto!

• Sebastien St-Onge

June 24, 2014 at 10:43 am

YESSSSSS!!!!!! Omg Can’t wait to know the dates!! :D:D

• June 24, 2014 at 10:51 am

You got to be kidding!!!! How great is that!!! Im there for sure!!! Good job James you are international now!!!

• windrammingroadkillskunk

June 24, 2014 at 10:56 am

As an American who will be attending a U.S. screening, I am glad to hear that this film’s theatrical run will not be confined to the states.

• Bruno Boulay

June 24, 2014 at 12:07 pm

Woah!!!! that’s way to cool! :P I was hoping for a thing like this to happen! Just hope I’m going to be able to assist…:S

• SmashManiac

June 24, 2014 at 1:29 pm

Congratulations James! Fantasia is indeed an amazing film festival with a wide variety of high-quality content! One of the rare locations in North America where they actually had multiple screenings of the Ace Attorney film. Looking forward to it!

• Dsimon

June 24, 2014 at 1:31 pm

Yes ! How awesome is that ? Thanks for that, James ! I’m definitely gonna go see your movie !

I’m stoked !

• June 24, 2014 at 2:11 pm

Am going to a US screening, but this news is awesome. You’re getting closer and closer to the big leagues James, keep up the good work. You’re my favorite online celeb and the only one I contributed money too.

• itscmillertime

June 24, 2014 at 4:05 pm

This is great news! I assume that movie scripts will be mailed soon to contributors who donated the required amount soon?

• June 24, 2014 at 4:29 pm

Just finalised my flights to see it in New York. From Australia!

• June 24, 2014 at 4:46 pm

This is exactly what I asked for! Ohhh your movie is going to do great here!

• Dan021

June 25, 2014 at 12:40 am

same here, im so glad we asked about it!

• June 24, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Glad to see the movie will be shown outside the USA. I wonder what would it take for it to appear on non english speaking countries.

• culwin

June 24, 2014 at 6:04 pm

Will he dress up as Glitchy

• June 24, 2014 at 7:51 pm

That is amazing James. Your movie will have its international premiere. Really great. Unfortunately, I am going to be in San Antonio, Texas from July 28 to August 10 so I won´t see any premiere unless they take me to the premiere in Houston which I do not know if they will let me since getting airplane tickets is expensive and they are already letting me go to SGC so I don´t know if my mom will let me go to another place. I wish if one screening would be in San Antonio so I could see the movie because it is the movie I´ve been waiting since 2013. So I hope to see one screening and if it is not possible, then I´ll try to go to Houston even though the odds in letting me go there are against me, and if I miss the movie, then I´ll buy it for DVD, even though I was still planning on buying it for DVD after the screenings. So, good luck with the movie and I hope it becomes a great movie.

• Davoo

June 24, 2014 at 10:32 pm

Cool, now that you’re going ahead to put one in Canada… could you make just ooooone liiiiittle showing somewhere in the middle of the country? Pleeeeease? I’m willing to drive 5 hours to see it, just not 8 hours, which was my minimum option for living in the Kansas City area.

Preeeeetty pleeeeeease? If you just put oooone in Iowa, you’ll pretty much have the whole country covered with the ability to see the film without staying at a hotel.

• June 24, 2014 at 11:24 pm

YES! As a Canadian who already bought tickets for the Phoenixville premiere, I’m excited that I may get to catch a second screening!

• Dan021

June 25, 2014 at 12:35 am

OMG WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IM SOOOOO FUCKING HAPPY RIGHT NOW!

• flawn scorpion

June 25, 2014 at 4:57 pm

I’m going to this!! Going to drive from Newfoundland.

• June 25, 2014 at 10:27 pm

Holy crap you don’t know how happy that makes me to learn that you’re movie will be premiering in my city! Freaking awesome.

• June 25, 2014 at 11:58 pm

Oh man, world premiere in my hometown! I’m sure you have a ton load of work James but you should come!

• luconator

June 26, 2014 at 1:13 pm

OMG!! Thank you so much James!!

• June 26, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Man, if there’s one thing Vancouver is missing, is its own brand of film festival apparently :\

oh wait.. http://www.viff.org/

Ah well, glad that the ol beaver is getting some love anyways ;)

• June 27, 2014 at 6:32 am

yeah, there needs to be a Vancouver showing for sure. Show some love James, so many movies are shot here.

• June 27, 2014 at 9:47 am

I can’t believe I’m going to get to see the AVGN movie. I am soooo glad you guys came to Montreal before Toronto because usually it’s the opposite way around. Toronto is boring anyways

• June 28, 2014 at 12:25 am

This is great news James! Glad you are getting an international release. Too bad I can’t go. It sucks cause I got relatives in Toronto too. I would really reccomend this though:

Fathom events allow you to show the movie at smaller local theaters. You can sutomize what theaters you want to show it in so that you can show it in areas where the AVGN is most poular. I will definitely pay to see it if you show it at the theater in West Covina, CA. It has fathom events and I know MANY people that want to ss the movie. Just for your consideration. Thanks man.

• June 28, 2014 at 10:46 am

Bienvenue à Montréal :)
    We can’t wait to see your movie!

• Nami

June 28, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Aahhh, so happy! I was hoping you’d eventually show it in Montreal, but never thought it’d be so soon! :D

• The Shamster

June 29, 2014 at 5:17 am

Why just Canada? Why not other countries as well? I mean, I’d love to see this film at the cinema too!

• June 29, 2014 at 11:42 pm

WOW James, I’m from Montreal been a fan since day one, Fantasia is amazing, going to watch Rurouni Kenshin. It’s every directors dream to show their film in Fantasia. it’s a one of a kind experience, pretty surprised you won’t be going, Montreal is like a European city in North America so it’s is unique in that aspect and you can make some serious connections here for your future projects.

• July 1, 2014 at 2:22 pm

*BREATHING INTENSIFIES*

• olivier chartier

July 11, 2014 at 3:04 pm

Fantastic!! I’m so glad that i’ll be able to see the movie, i was afraid that it would only be shown in the states. I will surely pre-ordered the tickets, because last year when i went to fantasia i wasen’t able to see any films because every place were already sold out…. Un bon baiser du Québec, James! Et félicitation pour ton film!

• math_bech

July 11, 2014 at 5:59 pm

A second date in Montreal, still during Fantasia film festival, august 6.

can’t fucking wait!!!

• July 16, 2014 at 12:03 am

I’ve JUST seen this post, this morning before leaving to work, and the sales began at 1pm (the same time I start my shift). I got so nervous I’d miss this GREAT opportunity, I actually bought tickets to both representation!
    My girlfriend thought it was overkill, but I explained to her how much effort you put into this massive project, and how proud you must be. And, man, I’m proud of you too. As a freelancer movie-maker, you inspire me (and, I suppose, a lot of other independent movie-makers too).
    So, the much I’ll attend your movie, just like millions of people will do this summer, the much it’ll represent your success. Be proud, you deserve it!

JD

• July 24, 2014 at 10:09 pm

Just created an account after all those years because I’m so pissed that I just learned today the AVGN movie will premiere in Montreal, and tickets are sold out already! Fuck!!