TooManyGames appearance 2014 – AVGN 10th Anniversary event

James / May 5th, 2014

I’ll be appearing at TooManyGames in Oaks, PA. The event takes place June 27-29 at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center.  Here is the link to the site for more info.

What makes this one a little extra special is that we will be celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the Angry Video Game Nerd. (It was late-May 2004 when I made the first episode, Castlevania 2: Simon’s Quest. The second video, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, the first on-screen appearance of the Nerd, was in June.) Now that it’s been 10 years since I created this character, we’re having an after-party for the “Final Boss” badge holders. See here for more info on the after-party.  That’s something extra. Even without the special badge, you can still see me during the regular convention hours. An exact schedule will be posted later.

AVGN10th

Comments

• Jimmy Reed

May 5, 2014 at 9:44 am

Well, I’ll be saving up for something around here, so I won’t be able to attend. I would like to extend my sincerest congratulations to you James, you rock!

• Ross Morgan

May 5, 2014 at 10:58 am

I wish you had more appearances in CA, but congrats on going 10 years strong as the nerd. Hopefully we see another 10 years, and maybe by then you’ll be reviewing n64 games.

• Ross Morgan

May 5, 2014 at 11:00 am

Oh yeah, are you going to release a soundtrack for the movie? If so I would like to submit a couple of songs for consideration.

• KennyM

May 5, 2014 at 1:34 pm

So when are you going to be there, what and time? will you be doing any signings or just there for the party? the website is not very specific at all, what day and time is the after party, whats the address? am I just not seeing something or what? PLEASE HELP

• May 5, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Only like a 3 hour drive away from me but I can’t go.. damn it!.. don’t suppose you can stop down at my place on the way there James? 😀 well conglaturations on 10 years as the nerd

• CrushingC10996WM

May 5, 2014 at 8:32 pm

Can we expect anything else special to celebrate?

• fryguy

May 5, 2014 at 9:23 pm

To classify the Atari Game recovery any less than crushing would be an understatement. This has been an epic disaster from the beginning. #1 the AVGN character does not translate to a full length motion picture. It’s like taking a 5 minute SNL skit and making a full length movie about it. Been done several times all shit even with big budgets. Seen the preview, this movie will be a tedius 90 minutes (and I LOVE the AVGN short skits). #2 taking too long to make the movie. Sure I know it is a limited budget, etc. but there is a shelf life for things such as this. Especially when the short skits have been completely shut down. The momentum has been slowed and thats a problem. #3 and obvious is this discovery. It is crushing, devistating and takes all the mystery out of the legend (the only good quality about this movie gone). We all love James but it doesn’t change the quality of the product. Will we buy it because we like him, yes. Does that make it good, no. Watch the preview again and remove “James” from the equation. You wouldn’t pay 99 cents for it in a walmart discount bin. Any other opinion is just insane or in denial. I feel sorry that it turned out this way. But momentum by definition has to be continued. Taking 3 years to do the movie and stopping the skits was enough. Add this to it and it’s game over. James, get this done and behind you ASAP.

• Slayer40k

May 6, 2014 at 7:21 am

#1: Movies like Waynes World proofs that wrong. #2: Independent films can take 5-10 years to make. #3: The dig was to ‘find’ the carts, not to proof a point because it has been sourced as factual many times, James is taking that fact and spinning it to make it bigger and more interesting. Plus he wants to make a feature movie and fans want the nerd and E.T, sounds like a great compromise.

• Griff

May 10, 2014 at 8:38 am

I’m not expecting the movie to change my life or anything, but I’m sure it’ll be a good time

I do hope James finishes it soon though

• May 6, 2014 at 10:17 am

Noice

• Shannon

May 7, 2014 at 9:39 am

I don’t think I’ll be able to make it but I will do a whole AVGN marathon in your honor. Happy 10 years!

• Uncle Sporkums

May 9, 2014 at 7:16 pm

Alright! Congratulations on 10 wonderful years of entertaining us, James! I live in PA, so I’ll try to make it, although it looks unlikely.

• Jacob Dyer

May 23, 2014 at 2:56 pm

Spoony is going to be there!!! 🙂

• windrammingroadkillskunk

May 29, 2014 at 7:13 pm

Now that it has been announced that the AVGN Movie will be released this summer, I wonder if it will be released before or after this event.

• agar minda