AVGN Movie VFX Status 3-30-2014

James / March 30th, 2014

status-10-WEB

This week will mark the 2 year anniversary of when cameras first rolled on the AVGN Movie. (Principle photography began April 1, 2012) Now, I’m starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. The visual side is getting closer to being done. The rest of the work will be audio (Sound design/ music). 2 years of production is not bad for an independent film. They usually take several years. So everybody who worked on the movie, or supported it in any way, you should give yourself a pat on the back. Although, like Joe Bob would say, that would mean bending your arm at a weird angle.

Comments

• jack wason

March 30, 2014 at 2:26 pm

yeeeeesssss

• Allen Lucas

March 30, 2014 at 3:39 pm

I agree with Joe Bob! I can only pat the back of my upper shoulder. If I was to try to pat my back like that, I would’ve tried to reach for my back so hard that my arm would rip itself off of my body.

• jaxon93

March 30, 2014 at 4:29 pm

Thank you for the update. I bought a signed movie poster for support and I am very excited. Just take your time this is a turning point in your life. Make your movie and dreams come true.

• Luke Bristow

March 30, 2014 at 5:29 pm

well done

• fusionater

March 30, 2014 at 8:33 pm

I think Joe Bob has a poor understanding of how arms work if he thinks it takes a weird angle to get your hand behind you. :p

By the way…..

Is it just me, or are you picking up the pace with this?

• March 30, 2014 at 9:52 pm

that board definitely started to look more empty than full!

• March 30, 2014 at 10:06 pm

James,

Knowing that we’re both American Movie fans, I think you should consider doing a version of the scene from American Movie where Mark is calculating how many copies of Coven he needs to sell in order to produce Northwestern.

It could be hilarious.

• lymic

March 31, 2014 at 12:14 am

Looking forward for the movie. Hopefully it will be available as a download, maybe on iTunes or something like that.

• seaweedsalad

March 31, 2014 at 12:24 am

James, it has been so exciting watching the development of the biggest project of your life. Through your detailed and constant updates i really feel like I’ve been along with you on the ride. I’ve been a fan since 07 and through the years seeing you grow as a movie maker has been the single most entertaining and awe inspiring stories of internet success. The sky is the limit for you, and i will be watching you for years to come. Hopefully you are kicking around ideas for the movie part 2 ;). regardless of where you decide to go next, whether it be AVGN or something else, you will always have me watching and laughing and hungering for more. Thanks for everything. You’ve secured a lifelong fan no doubt with me.

• Don Skiver

March 31, 2014 at 2:03 am

Yessss…. Inching ever closer to completion… I can almost taste the shitload of buffalo diarrhea fuck-farts…

I sincerely hope there will be an option to maybe pay for a digital release for us workin’ folks who don’t go out to the movies anymore because it’s just too god damned fucking expensive nowadays.

• Uncle Sporkums

March 31, 2014 at 2:47 pm

I’m happy for ya, James!

• March 31, 2014 at 3:23 pm

But, nerd a couple means 2 to 3. Thus this independent film like the others has taken a couple of years to make.

• Pablo1989

March 31, 2014 at 4:05 pm

“We can do it”

• Joker83

March 31, 2014 at 7:27 pm

Congrats James, I can’t wait to by multiple copies

• culwin

March 31, 2014 at 11:51 pm

Wow, looks like some real progress.
    A complete column is gone.
    So close.

• Tross

April 2, 2014 at 1:31 am

It’s good to see you’re getting closer to the end. It may be slow going, but all progress is good progress, and I can’t wait to see the finished project. Making a film sounds like serious business, so I’m sure you’ll be relieved when it’s finally done.

• Eric

April 2, 2014 at 5:54 pm

I am doing my small part as being a part of the anxiously awaiting audience really looking forward to seeing this masterpiece! That counts for something, right?

• frostare

April 2, 2014 at 7:07 pm

Ahhh looka at those tacks not holding anything! Surely the colors are stress-relieving. My paper’s still there, BTW.

• Matt Bird

April 2, 2014 at 9:07 pm

Looking forward to it!

• April 5, 2014 at 9:38 pm

You can do it James!

• Ben_from_G-town

April 10, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Very nice work, James. It’s definitely chugging along! 2 years is not bad at all. I anxiously await the film’s completion.