AVGN MOVIE VFX Status 3-9-2014

James / March 9th, 2014

Here’s the weekly update. I’ve been planning to do a video update sometime soon explaining the process in more detail. I honestly don’t know when because I’ve been so busy working on the movie. Progress is being made! And it’s hard to stop when progress is being made.

status-6-WEB

Again, you’re going to have to compare it to the last update to see the difference. But we’re getting there. Oh yeah! I can’t wait to rip all the shots off the boards. After this is all over, I’m going to rip the whole bulletin board off the wall. Then body slam it! And throw it in the fire.

Here’s a reminder to where we started.

Status-1 VFX-bulletin-board-1-web

Been in post-production for 2 months now, and we kicked a lot a of ass.

Comments

• Wally

March 9, 2014 at 11:56 pm

Nice progress, keep at it James

• March 10, 2014 at 12:34 am

Very impressive! I wonder if the movie will be done by the end of this year…

• March 10, 2014 at 1:04 am

Holy Cow!!! Nice work James! I hope Mike has a lot to do with the production!

• frostare

March 10, 2014 at 4:19 am

I guess the corkboard would become too dull if you took off those tacks. It’d be great if the last shot was a tiny one.

• Jamie Mahon

March 10, 2014 at 6:37 am

Really looking forward to seeing the final product. Keep up the great work.

• March 10, 2014 at 8:26 am

“Iā€™m going to rip the whole bulletin board off the wall. Then body slam it! And throw it in the fire.”

Can we get a video of this? With the action shot of the throw being repeated, each time slower than the last for dramatic effect.

• March 10, 2014 at 12:45 pm

Looks like you’re about 40% done! Can’t wait to see when it’s all finished šŸ˜€

• russiancthulhu

March 10, 2014 at 1:36 pm

“After this is all over, Iā€™m going to rip the whole bulletin board off the wall. Then body slam it! And throw it in the fire.”

Don’t forget to film it!

• anthjens

March 10, 2014 at 4:16 pm

Hey James,
    I just read on Yahoo that someone is REALLY close to digging up the atari ET games. Do you think that this may have a negative affect on your movie for people that are not fans?
    My hope is that it ends up being a crap shoot and they find nothing, giving your movie even more of an air of authenticity!

• Zukovius

March 10, 2014 at 6:04 pm

I count 80 this week. I counted 91 last week. Good job James. It’s coming along great šŸ™‚

• culwin

March 10, 2014 at 6:29 pm

You should break it over the head of Bugs Bunny

• moleman124

March 10, 2014 at 9:19 pm

It’s about 8 shots from last week. awesome stuff James, hope you string these together as a bonus on the dvd, all 47.3 seconds worth of these shots

• March 10, 2014 at 11:56 pm

this is really exciting!

• Don Skiver

March 11, 2014 at 12:54 am

Nice work James! I like to open this week’s and last week’s bulletin board and click back and forth really quickly to see how many shots disappeared. It’s just so cool to actually see the progress week after week, the number of shots shrinking ever further until they’re all finally done!

I can’t wait for the film to come out. Here’s to hoping that maybe it’ll be by the end of this year!

• March 11, 2014 at 4:22 pm

great work James.. but i am disappointed that your ONLY gonna to rip it off the wall, body slam it and throw it into a fire… you could at least tear it off the wall, beat on it with baseball bats, take a chainsaw to it, and then light it on fire:D

• Sheikah_Benji

March 11, 2014 at 6:17 pm

When you destroy the bulletin board, make sure to do it as the Nerd šŸ˜›

• Ben_from_G-town

March 13, 2014 at 6:24 am

I wouldn’t worry about making a video explaining it or doing anything extra that you don’t have to, James. Just knowing that you’re making progress is good enough.

• March 13, 2014 at 3:12 pm

FUCK YOU AND YOUR FUCKING MOVIE GET THE NERD BACK ON YOUTUBE YOU STUPID FUCKING ASSHOLE MOTHERFUCKER GO EAT SHIT AND DIE!!!!!!!!! ps. fuck you fuck you to fucking hell you fucking suck you asshole.

• culwin

March 16, 2014 at 1:05 am

You sure do have some brilliant “fans”.