AVGN Movie VFX Status 2-23-2014

James / February 23rd, 2014

Again it may not look like much, but we’ve made a lot of progress on the shots up there. You’ll notice some have been ripped off the bulletin board since last week. By next week, I expect to see a lot more. We’re always moving forward. Never backwards.

status-4-WEB

Also, many have asked why I don’t save these scraps of paper, rather than throwing them in the trash. The truth is, I am not throwing them in the trash. I’m saving them all in a folder… so later that I can burn them! But really, they all exist in my computer. The document they were printed from will still exist.

I’m planning to make another AVGN episode sometime soon, but in order to do that, I’m going to have to take a break from the movie stuff for a week. Unless I can clone myself. That would be very helpful.

Comments

• February 23, 2014 at 2:44 pm

But don’t you already have a few clones, looking at the Addams Family-episode? 😀

Good progress!

• russiancthulhu

February 23, 2014 at 2:54 pm

Looks good! Keep these updates coming, James.
    Are there any chance you’ll make a new trailer for the movie when all VFX done?

• February 23, 2014 at 5:47 pm

@Jordy, or Nightmare on Elm Street…

• February 23, 2014 at 6:03 pm

Didn’t you like, kill your friends or something?
    “It was the phone!!!!!”
    Awesome moment.

• February 23, 2014 at 7:15 pm

YEAH NEW AVGN EPISODE!

• n30neuromancer

February 23, 2014 at 8:08 pm

Love watching these come down each week, thanks James!

• moleman124

February 23, 2014 at 9:29 pm

Great to see the weekly updates 🙂 Keep on rolling

• culwin

February 23, 2014 at 10:40 pm

If you clone yourself, make sure you don’t clone the clone.
    I learned that from Multiplicity.

• IbanezJFS

February 23, 2014 at 10:48 pm

GO JAMES GO!

• CrushingC10996WM

February 23, 2014 at 11:30 pm

I can survive without a new AVGN for a while, just take all the time you need. But, if I may make a suggestion, at some point I would really love for you to do a WWF Games video.

• February 23, 2014 at 11:35 pm

so, 52 (or so) left. Nice 🙂

• February 24, 2014 at 12:58 am

CAN’T WAIT TO SEE THE MOVIE! It’s gonna rock!

• mike king

February 24, 2014 at 2:38 am

James, any idea about the runtime on the movie?? Do you have something your shooting for? Would love to see it at 2+ hours.
    1 1/2 is just over way too soon.

• February 24, 2014 at 3:27 am

We don’t need an episode, Keep up on the movie, my man!

• DaveStation3

February 24, 2014 at 5:50 am

I got one of these (two actually, since my sister is also a big fan) in the first run, and framed it. A poster that James signed now hangs in my house, in in a relatively remote part of the Irish countryside, thousands of miles away from him. All of the AVGN/Board James DVDs also sit on a shelf nearby.
    I wonder does he ever think about that stuff; how wide his reach is, and how many fans he has is all different parts of the world.
    Just, you know – his signature, framed, hanging on a wall in the room of some fan he’s never met but who has watched nearly everything he’s ever made, who lives thousands of miles away… I don’t know, maybe I’m weird, but if that was me, I’d think that was pretty cool 🙂

• DaveStation3

February 24, 2014 at 5:52 am

Oops, that was meant for the post about the Signed Posters being available again… Can’t delete, sorry, my bad.

• Germaniac

February 24, 2014 at 6:07 am

The only thing that counts here is that it keeps proceeding. But take your time. We wait till it’s finished. Even if it takes to 2020. But it’s good to see the bulletin board getting back to sight more and more.

• Don Skiver

February 24, 2014 at 6:55 am

A new nerd episode soon?! Oh my… James, you shouldn’t have! 😀 I’m so excited for a new episode, and I’m so excited for the film! I can’t hardly wait!!

• frostare

February 24, 2014 at 10:28 am

Remember when you said that “just the fact that they’re able to fit in the bulletin board means you’re making progress?” Well now I don’t think there’s any doubt that they would fit in that ol’ corkboard.

• February 24, 2014 at 11:45 am

Love it. The corkboard is getting easier & easier to see. Can’t wait for either this or the new episode!

Speaking of, I have no clue what game will next receive the Nerd’s wrath, but if I could make one request: Quest 64. That game just… sucks.

• February 25, 2014 at 6:18 am

take your time with the film James, we all know the wait is worth it. a new AVGN episode would be cool but no need to to over extend yourself.

• February 25, 2014 at 7:56 am

As much as I want a new nerd episode. I would really like it if you could keep working on the film. You are on the home stretch now. I can almost see the nerd pooping on a bad video game at the finish line. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

• Ben_from_G-town

February 25, 2014 at 1:20 pm

There’s no need to rush or worry about making AVGN episodes, James. While it’s true that you probably don’t want the content on the site to stagnate while you make the movie, it would be better to just focus on that until you can get it finished. We can subsist on some James and Mike Plays and other stuff for a while. 😛 Of course, if you want to make an AVGN episode and throw it out there, we’ll enjoy it and I don’t think anyone would complain. Feel free to do whatever you think is best. 🙂

• February 25, 2014 at 8:58 pm

I’m loving these updates. The day this board is cleared and I see an update video is probably going to be one of the best things I hear this year.

• anthjens

March 10, 2014 at 4:18 pm

Hey James,
    I just read on Yahoo that someone is REALLY close to digging up the atari ET games. Do you think that this may have a negative affect on your movie for people that are not fans?
    My hope is that it ends up being a crap shoot and they find nothing, giving your movie even more of an air of authenticity!