AVGN Movie VFX status 2-16-2014

James / February 16th, 2014

I know this isn’t too exciting of an update, but I just want to keep everyone in the loop. This is the update of the week. I’ll try to keep them up as much as I can. You can see that more VFX shots have been finished since last time. But you’d have to take a close look to see the difference. (see last week’s update.) I know it may not seem like much, but I’ve seen progress on many of the shots that are still up on the bulletin board. Let’s all continue to watch these shots disappear. I wish it could go faster, but I can’t control peoples’ schedules. We’re all doing the best we can.

status-3-WEB

Aside from managing the VFX team, and editing the finished shots into the movie, during my spare time, I’ve been color correcting which is close to halfway done, minus VFX shots. I still haven’t looked into sound design yet, so I’m going to have to take care of this first. One thing at a time. That’s just the way it works.

Also, if things ever seem quiet from me, that just means I’ve been getting a lot of stuff done.

Comments

• February 16, 2014 at 5:31 pm

Every update is a good update.

• n30neuromancer

February 16, 2014 at 7:30 pm

We all know you’re going to cinemassacre it, only a matter of time.

• Don Skiver

February 16, 2014 at 11:58 pm

Haha! Nice!

• Shannon Gold

February 16, 2014 at 5:37 pm

Keep up the awesome work James!

• stoney_1

February 16, 2014 at 5:51 pm

Ha, cool! It’s like a game. We can guess what VFX shots wont be on the board for the next update.

• Dan021

February 16, 2014 at 6:06 pm

James! Thanks for the update, it’s fun to see these shots getting done as time goes by. Please take your time with it, you don’t have to hurry up and forget about your life and other stuff. We’ll get there all together, no worries. Keep working hard when you can, you and your team can rest too so no worries. Also, I hope your recording alot of footage of your newborn, they grow up so fast it’s crazy! 😀 Have fun and take care!

• itscmillertime

February 16, 2014 at 6:44 pm

Glad to see some progress! I’m glad we got to see an update one week later. Keep these up! Hoping it’s not too much longer until I get a copy of the script!

• nowaitstop

February 16, 2014 at 7:26 pm

Slow and steady wins the race. This movie is gonna be great!

• February 16, 2014 at 7:29 pm

I counted those shots and although this counting must be wrong somehow (look at the longer pages, the shotless shotsplaces andstuff), I count 104 shots. Soooo, let’s say just 104 shots to goooo! 😀

• Jessica

February 16, 2014 at 9:23 pm

Thanks for the Update. Just take your time James.

• frostare

February 17, 2014 at 2:35 am

That middle column looks threatening

• culwin

February 17, 2014 at 6:03 pm

Cool, don’t burn yourself out.
    But if you need motivation, imagine how awesome it will be when it’s done.

• February 18, 2014 at 1:28 am

Awesome. Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

• Razgriz

February 18, 2014 at 9:11 am

Great progress, keep it up and remember not to rush it.

• Ben_from_G-town

February 18, 2014 at 12:50 pm

Good to know. It’s unfortunate that people can only work on this in their spare time. I’m sure you and everyone else wishes that they could do it full-time, as you do. I figured that when you were “quiet”, you were hard at work. Nice to hear.

• Jim Davis

February 18, 2014 at 1:18 pm

Keep it up man! Any progress is progress!

• NoisyPanther

February 18, 2014 at 6:58 pm

OMG James! You should totally make more nerd episodes or quit slacking on the movie! You should work 24-7 like a machine until this movie is complete, because I’m a know-it-all who’s never stood behind a camera in my life, but my 3rd cousin worked on this TV commercial one time and that took them like a week, so this should obviously only take like a year!

In all seriousness, keep up the good work James. People are woefully ignorant when it comes to things like this.

• February 19, 2014 at 6:04 pm

as long it you get the movie done and your enjoying the process, i’m rooting for you, so take your time

• Chris Yewcic

February 19, 2014 at 7:27 pm

Always cool to see progress on this very much anticipated film!

• Entrenaturaleza

February 21, 2014 at 11:45 am

Its important to slow down sometimes to ensure succes, I enjoy your videos so much but I think Its better to focus on finishing the movie first, a lot of positive energy to you and all the crew/family!

• moleman124

February 21, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Great stuff James, love that you are keeping us in the loop

For those who care enough, I’ll try save some time for you… there’s approx 100 shots left(Rough count), and approx 12 disappeared since last week… so rough Approx guestimate ballpark by extrapolation these VFX shots should take 2 months to complete… Though, if a lot of these shots are already half done and issues with peoples schedules get sorted out…. 😛 could be sooner.

NO PRESSURE JAMES!