Happy Thanksgiving – from Mrs Nerd

James / November 27th, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving! Here at the Rolfe residence, Thanksgiving is a favorite holiday for us (next to Halloween of course).  I know, it’s an American holiday, but the message is what I’m interested in.  Give Thanks.  It’s that simple.  It’s a yearly reminder to take a moment to look at your life and be happy with what you’ve got. It’s so easy to get caught up in the negative and to focus on what you don’t have, what you wish you had, and how things don’t go exactly as you planned. This is something I personally struggle with a lot and am trying really hard to change.

James has touched on it a bit in his own updates but we’ve had a rough year. Without going into too much detail, there were some oversights and complications involved with the birth of our daughter. She and I were both in bad shape for a while. I bounced back a bit faster, but our daughter has required continued medical attention since day one. I’d like to be clear that she is OK and all of her issues are temporary and treatable, but they are time consuming and stress inducing nonetheless.  Any parent out there can tell you that seeing your child in any form of discomfort is the worst pain you can face. “When you choose to have children, you choose to have your heart walking around outside of your body for the rest of your life.” – a quote I read recently that couldn’t be more true.

All that said, we do have a lot to be thankful for. We have an amazing new daughter, a loving family, a wonderful home and the chance to follow our dreams. The last of which would not be possible without all of you. It is important to us that it be known how appreciative we are to all of you. Cinemassacre (and it’s visitors) is what enables us to live this life, to provide entertainment and have a creative outlet. We have a voice, lots of people care and are incredibly supportive.

It’s very important to me that we use this platform as a chance to do good in the world, so in the spirit of Thanksgiving, if you have the resources, here is a link to donate to Shriners Hospital. The reason we picked this particular hospital is that we have first-hand experience with them, and can vouch that they are excellent. They are treating children from all over the world. This is by no means a “drive” and there is no pressure to contribute. They are a great organization that we recommend, and we are very thankful for them.

From all of us at Cinemassacre, we wish you joyous holidays and a happy and healthy New Year!

-Mrs Nerd

Comments

• Riknight36

November 27, 2013 at 7:08 pm

I’m thankful that there’s great content on this site that I can come back to time and time again. I hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Take care.

• nowaitstop

November 27, 2013 at 7:19 pm

Happy Thanksgiving, and good luck to you and your baby!

• Thifurious

November 27, 2013 at 7:26 pm

I’m very sorry to hear that your daughter has been having some health problems, but it’s great to know that this is just a temporary thing. I can’t imagine what it must be like for you guys. What I can imagine though is the support you’re receiving from family, friends, and even fans; it’s easy to see how much you mean to those close to you – just from watching your videos and attending events/conventions and seeing you there…it’s clear to me that so many people have your back.

I hope you all have a great holiday season. Take it easy as best you can!

Thanks,
    Andy

• CrushingC10996WM

November 27, 2013 at 7:44 pm

Always proud to be a part of Cinemassacre’s fan base.

• Tim Harrod

November 27, 2013 at 8:56 pm

My household’s got its own family health issues commanding a lot of our time- but when there’s a new Cinemassacre video to watch at the end of the day, it makes life a lot nicer. Happy Thanksgiving and continued good fortune to House Rolfe! I can’t wait to see what December and 2014 bring.

• The Ascended Saiyan

November 27, 2013 at 9:59 pm

I’m thankful that, even in the face of such personal hardships, there are people like you and James who continue to do all they can to entertain and put a smile on the face of a stranger.

• November 27, 2013 at 10:51 pm

Happy Thanksgiving, Rolfe family!

Sorry to hear of all your troubles, but I’m glad to hear you’re doing well now. It’s amazing to know that despite everything, this site has continued to provide awesomeness without faltering, all without asking anything of your fans.

Of all the things of which I have to be thankful, Cinemassacre is easily one of them! Here’s a hand drawn tribute:

• November 27, 2013 at 11:23 pm

Glad to know that everything is OK with the baby! Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving! Since James is the video game guy and you both like Thanksgiving, here’s a video mixing both: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qywKFw5IMtQ

• zengie

December 10, 2013 at 11:45 am

Happy Thanksgiving and good to hear all is okay! May i ask, is the baby home yet? Seasons Greetings from Holland!

• November 27, 2013 at 11:32 pm

Best wishes to the Rolfe family; I hope your daughter continues to get better! Happy Thanksgiving

• November 27, 2013 at 11:38 pm

“All that said, we do have a lot to be thankful for. We have an amazing new daughter, a loving family, a wonderful home and the chance to follow our dreams”

This has always been what I want to say to the Nerd should I ever see him in person. You guys are amazingly gifted.

• Rick

November 27, 2013 at 11:45 pm

I’m thankful that for you guys. All three of you <3 James is my only real-life hero and, as a wanna-be filmmaker slowly crawling his way above the 'wanna-be' status, I can honestly say that without James Rolfe (and you and the little one :) ) I would not have had the strength to keep going. I love you guys and so do so many other. Happy Thanksgiving, Rolfes. Never stop what you do.

• November 28, 2013 at 12:38 am

Very well said, Mrs. Rolfe/Nerd!
    I’m incredibly thankful for Cinemassacre as well. For the last 7 1/2 years, throughout too many difficult times in my life to name, this site has been here to make me laugh and forget about my troubles. I couldn’t be more glad that you, James, Mike, and everyone else involved with Cinemassacre all exist and are here to entertain us.

Happy Thanksgiving!
    Steve Schrider

• Guybrush

November 28, 2013 at 4:35 am

I wish your whole family a wonderful Thanksgiving from Germany.

• Bright Anderson

November 28, 2013 at 5:23 am

I wish all the best for you and your family. It may sound cheesy but there’s a lot of love and positive energy directed your way from a lot of people, and there’s a lot of power in that love. Have a very wonderful holiday season and a fantastic new year!

• November 28, 2013 at 5:26 am

Hope you’re both having a great time. It’s good to know that relaxing and watching videos is helping someone else get by in life. On a different note, can I have an update on Audio Slaughter. I know you guys are extremely busy and also need spare time to relax, but it’s been a while since the last episode, so i’m curious about any development on the next episode. When might we hear more Audio Slaughter.

• MrsNerd

November 28, 2013 at 8:23 am

Would love to do one soon. We have ideas for a lot more bands. Glad you enjoy them!

• November 28, 2013 at 5:37 am

God bless you guys, enjoy the rest of the year. Very glad to hear things are starting to look up. Still in my prayers.

• November 28, 2013 at 8:20 am

I’ve had a lot of first hand experience with the Shriners myself. My life definitely would not be the same without them. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

• Lodmot

November 28, 2013 at 9:23 am

Wow, what a really profound message. I couldn’t agree more with everything you said. And while I don’t have a child of my own yet, I think I’ve got sort of a glimpse of what it’s like, thanks to my two little cousins, Lauren and Emily. They’re very significant in my life, and when we play together, time just stops for me. I’m definitely in no rush to have kids, as I’m still just 24 years old yet, but when I do, I have a feeling it’s going to be beyond sensational. I wish your daughter a speedy recovery, and hope you guys have a happy, safe, and fun rest of the holidays! ^^

-Tommy/Lodmot

• Joker83

November 28, 2013 at 10:39 am

Thank you for the kind words. Happy Thanksgiving to you guys as well! Wishing you nothing but the best. Personally I am very thankful for you guys and for Cinemassacre, thank you so much for all the entertainment. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday :-)

• Brickmaster4496

November 28, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Have you thought of a name for the baby yet?

• frostare

November 28, 2013 at 12:49 pm

Mrs. Rolfe, thanks for the kind words! I had a hard time believing that episodes with such outstanding quality (like TIGER games and AVGN games) come out in these trying (but also joyous) times for you both. Hearing from you comes as an additional surprise.

Just as you said; no pressure or anything, but if you decided to make your own video series I’m sure you would add a unique touch to the visuals on the site like you already do in text form. Either way, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us fans and the people who always loves to hear from you.

• Rubizon

November 28, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Thank you for the message Mrs Nerd! Always stay positive, and realize you’re not struggling alone. We’re all struggling together in this wonderful thing called ‘life’ having good friends, family and fans around you will help you make the best and even enjoy it. I don’t know what I am actually try to say here. So I’ll en with thank you!

• greedo

November 28, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Dear Mrs Nerd: Thanks for taking the time out of your life to talk to us. It means the world. Your husband means a lot to us, and we appreciate the fact that he makes such great content for his audience. I’m sorry to hear about your daughter, and her issues. I wish that there was something that I could do for her, and believe me, if I were in the position to do so, I would.

Having said that, I’m glad that that your daughter’s issues are treatable, and that she’s doing fine otherwise. Have a Very Happy and peaceful Thanksgiving! :)

• greedo

November 28, 2013 at 3:18 pm

One last thing: Any plans to do an audio slaughter with Rush? I LOOOOOOOVE that band, and would be interesting in hearing you and James’ take on them!

• November 28, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Happy Thanksgving and hope things go great for you, James and the baby

• November 28, 2013 at 5:58 pm

You too! You guys are like friends to me! I would love to hang with you guys because you seem like great people!

• Itanium64

November 28, 2013 at 5:58 pm

I have a young daugther myself that was born 5 weeks early (Friday the 13th in September, pretty cool eh?). She was alright from day one but she still had to stay over a week in the ICU. Although she was completely fine this week was really hard on us. The first few weeks at home were extremly stressfull because she was to small to drink properly and we needed about 2 hours to feed her which left us with another 2 hours of sleep before the cycle started again. Having about 4 hours worth of sleep each night really drains your energy pretty quickly! But what helped me through the night feedings was this years Monster Mandess! I spared the new videos and made some kind of ritual out of it and watched them in the middle of the pitch black night (between 1am and 4am depending on when our daughter decided she needed another meal).
    So: This year I’m of course thankful for our daughter and also for Monster Madness – which for me is a real highlight each fall.
    I wish you three all the luck in the world! Thank you!

• Rosti_NeoGAF

November 28, 2013 at 6:00 pm

I wish you, James, your baby and everyone else at Cinemassacre a wonderful thanksgiving.

• Entrenaturaleza

November 28, 2013 at 6:27 pm

I wish you all happines, you deserve It, the whole Cinemasacrre family.

• culwin

November 28, 2013 at 6:41 pm

I’m thankful for the free-ish entertainment this site provides.
    I’m also thankful that LJN is out of business.

• joliet_jane

November 28, 2013 at 9:03 pm

Thanks for the post Mrs.Nerd. You’re a classy lady.

So sorry to hear that your child is having problems. If there’s a malpractice lawsuit involved, I do hope you win and get a settlement.

• BladeRunner

November 28, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

• Dur

November 28, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Happy Thanksgiving! Proud to be a fan; keep up the greatness!

• November 28, 2013 at 10:15 pm

It’s always nice to hear from you. Hope your Thanksgiving went well! :D

• Andrew Kinsey

November 28, 2013 at 10:22 pm

Thank you Ms. Nerd, your first paragraph made my night. My thanksgiving was ruined when I come home after dinner to find my 250gb hard drive stolen out of my Xbox 360. I’ve been so furious that last hour about it till I read this post and it made me realize I shouldn’t be so angry about possessions and that I should be that kcal for my awesome friends and family
    I’m literally almost in tears and I’m glad you helped me to night Ms. Nerd! Good luck to you and James! Thanks, Drew.

• Andrew Kinsey

November 28, 2013 at 10:22 pm

Thankful* for my friends…etc

• vitekr

November 28, 2013 at 10:44 pm

Best wishes to you Mrs Nerd and James and Mike, and the whole crew. Hope you and the baby get to full life soon!

• Daniel The Keymaster

November 29, 2013 at 12:31 am

Thanks Mama Nerd that was really touching, Truly. I’m really thankful for Cinemassacre and the thousands if not millions of hours of entertainment, comfort, and inspiration it has brought to me

Best wishes for the future.

• yf2012

November 29, 2013 at 7:34 pm

You’re nothing but a distraction keeping James from completing the movie…

• Jarnor23

December 1, 2013 at 3:53 am

I’m thankful that so few people on this site are as stupid as this troll.

• SGold93

November 29, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Glad everything is ok Mrs. Nerd! Have a Happy Holidays!

• Damian Wayne

November 29, 2013 at 10:40 pm

• str8spaceball1

November 30, 2013 at 1:37 am

This hits home with me. James and family, I wish you nothing but the best and continued success. Since I last wrote you about my wife having a miscarriage, she is now pregnant again and we are hopeful things will turn out better :) . Bless you all and i’m VERY glad to see family is the most important thing in your life.

• VV

November 30, 2013 at 7:39 am

“It’s so easy to get caught up in the negative and to focus on what you don’t have, what you wish you had, and how things don’t go exactly as you planned. This is something I personally struggle with a lot and am trying really hard to change.”

You are the master of your inner world, Mrs Nerd! Yes! We have the power to choose between positive or negative thoughts, words and actions. Even if life sucks sometimes – we can stand tall above all the bullshit and spread love. This experience here on earth is harsh sometimes, yeah, but every moment of our life we can choose uplifting thoughts and positive vibes.

I think Thousands of people envy the Rolfes. I mean… from outside, the life of James is looking like a dream. He is the fucking Nerd! He got a cool house, a great job and a fantastic wife. He got funny friends, enought money to fullfill most of his needs and he is living his greatest vision. To be honest: Often my own situation feels like hell and then I look up to James and say: “Damn, what a lucky man!”. ;)

And, yes: The extravagant success you are celebrating is the inspiration for Thousands of other creative people who are wanting to rock the world with their work.

Never forget what you both are doing over here: You are making so many folks happy. You are inspiring us! Be positive… I think the fucking universe will reward you for this great work. ;)

I’m so bloody thankful! Be blessed, Mrs Nerd and James! <3

LOVE FROM ALL YOUR GERMAN FANS! :-)

• Dan Simmons

November 30, 2013 at 10:42 am

Happy holidays!

• Jarnor23

December 1, 2013 at 3:55 am

Our baby born in October has bilateral clubfoot, so we’ve been going through some excitement ourselves. I’m glad to hear that, like ourselves, it sounds like the health issues should come through okay. It really does put everything in perspective.

Best wishes to your family at this time!

• December 1, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Happy Thanksgiving James, i keep coming back to Cinemassacre week after week, for 7 years now. So on this day i give thanks to you. Fantastic content, keep up the great work! And all the best to your daughter and family.

• Boo Daclown

December 2, 2013 at 6:42 am

Happy holidays and many blessings to you in your future

• johnpseudo

December 3, 2013 at 7:13 pm

Touching text, thanks ! Happy thanksgiving to you, the little and the big nerd, Mike, Kyle, Bootsy and the whole Cinemassacre-Team! Enjoy life and keep up the friggin awesomeness !

• karel1

December 4, 2013 at 6:12 pm

I’m Thankful that you too are around to help me remember the ‘Good Parts’ of my Childhood. I’m Thankful to James and his bravery at following his dreams (he’s inspired me to chase mine).

I hope you ALL have a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year. Keep up the great work!

• Concerned Member

December 7, 2013 at 12:30 pm

What do you mean by “me and my daughter were both in bad shape”? Has James been violent towards you? Hit you? Harmed you? If so, please seek help, too many women allow men to mistreat them and their children, it ruins the lives of everyone involved.

• SGold93

December 7, 2013 at 1:58 pm

Don’t worry he didn’t do anything. In James’s post called “Little Nerd” and even in this post, it is mentioned Mrs. Nerd suffered complications during the birth of their daughter. Luckily both are doing better.

• MrsNerd

December 8, 2013 at 10:54 am

Nothing of the sort. James is an amazing husband and father. Our injuries were the result of complications during the birth. We are both doing much better now.

• December 8, 2013 at 9:43 pm

I wish you & your baby all the best.

• aareyn

December 9, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Motherfuckers is thirsty james, we need an update on the movie and some avgn episodes to boot.

I am almost so avgn deprived my spirit is wavering, I have no idea whether or not I am even interested anymore.

• Sesame Doctor

December 11, 2013 at 7:34 pm

I would first off like to say, I am very sorry for all that your family has been through. Having a young baby going through difficulties and medical problems must be very taxing and I completely understand that your family takes priority over everything else. Still the fact James has been able to produce content even through these difficulties is a testament to his abilities. I really do hope everything continues to get better for your daughter and family, it is good to hear these problems are only temporary. As a mother of a 15 month old daughter I can sympathize with the stress that comes with seeing your child under distress. Anyways, I hope the best to your family and look forward to new content, whenever that may come available. :)

• December 12, 2013 at 12:29 am

Happy holidays!!!! I just moved back to PA this year and can’t wait to hit up a convention!

• Bieseger

December 12, 2013 at 5:26 am

Happy celebration of exterminating entire indian population! True genocide fully finished, by proud American people. Oh, a little confusing name, thanksgiving. It should be renamed to: day when we fucked up indians to dust… Just teasing :) i know nerd didnt killed that much indians. :D

• Juho Suomalainen

December 12, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Thanks to you guys for providing entertainment that lasts throughout the years. I go through the various AVGN and other videos every now and then they’re always good, light-hearted fun. I’d say James and all you Cinemassacre folks are part of my internet “family”. The internet is a pretty huge place too, but there are only a few I’d recognize as part of my family!

• breeman

December 16, 2013 at 8:31 am

When it was discovered that I had scoliosis as a teenager (they found it when they x-rayed my chest after an asthma attack, and saw my crooked spine in the x-ray) I went to Shriner’s to get a back brace that I wore for a few years. Thanks to Shriners, my parents didn’t have to pay anything for the brace and my spine was corrected to a point where it hasn’t caused me any issues.

My parents and I have donated soda can tabs to them (which is an acceptable form of donation) for years after my treatment. Definitely a great organization.

• December 20, 2013 at 6:05 pm

Thank you so much. The Nerd has been in my living room for years providing the very best entertainment any person could wish for. You are all amazing, gifted, wonderful people. And I thankful for James, his hard work, his amazing videos, and the love he shares with his wife and daughter. Thank you Mrs. Nerd!