Halloween 1978 TV program

James / October 28th, 2013

Last year, on Halloween, all around the clock, I tweeted as Michael Myers, in real time, following the events of Halloween and Halloween 2.

This time, I bring you the TV schedule that the characters in the movies were watching that fateful night, the Dr. Dementia horror marathon. If you want to recreate the experience for yourself, watch The Thing from Another World (1951), the very non-horror Forbidden Planet (1956) and Night of the Living Dead (1968). The ultimate trick would be to watch them alongside the Halloween films simultaneously and have them sync up.

Halloween-Marathon-1978-web-size

Comments

• Havik99

October 28, 2013 at 1:42 am

That was you tweeting?! I had no idea that it was you doing that last year. Good stuff!

• October 28, 2013 at 2:34 am

How freaking weird that you just posted about the programming in Halloween because I just went to the 5:30PM Master Pancake Theater riffing of Halloween with Mary Jo Pehl from Mystery Science Theater 3000 in Richardson, TX and I noticed the cast in the film were watching the Thing, but then when the camera panned back at the tv they were watching Forbidden Planet, but I think we the audience were supposed to think that we were still watching the THING. crazy

• October 28, 2013 at 3:39 am

You rock James! That’s some great nerdy Halloween fun for sure!

• Lukas Sprehn

October 28, 2013 at 6:00 am

Wait a minute James! Did you RETWEET someone else’s Mike Myers tweets? Or did you actually create the Mike Myers account and tweetet as him? I thought you said last year that it was someone else, and that you found the whole thing to be interesting. You didn’t say it was you. I am confused, please enlighten me to the facts here.

By the way, if it was you, that’s friggen fantastic. What a great idea. You should try and do it as the AVGN some time. Maybe then you make an AVGN Sequel. We wanna know some of the things the Nerd goes through on his next adventure. Without spoiling the whole film of course πŸ™‚

• Lukas Sprehn

October 28, 2013 at 7:23 am

Just re-read your original post about the Mike Myers tweets from last year. And I just noticed, you did actually say it was you tweeting.

For anyone wondering, James’ post read: “Have you ever wondered what it would be like if Michael Myers was using Twitter during his killing spree on Halloween? Well, that’s what I’ve been doing. Tweeting as Michael Myers in real time as he makes his way around Haddonfield, Illinois. Follow the events at Twitter.com/TheShape21” Source: http://cinemassacre.com/2012/10/31/michael-myers-on-twitter/

• Dr. Breakfastmachine

October 28, 2013 at 8:50 am

I’ve always wondered why that tv station was playing Forbidden Planet during a “horror” marathon

• October 28, 2013 at 5:18 pm

This was like 3 weeks and 1 day after I was born πŸ˜‰

• mx3guy

October 28, 2013 at 10:48 pm

I thought it was Mike with a 70’s wig photoshopped to that TV guide page..but it’s actually Billy Crystal! Hahahaha. Uncanny resemblance!

• culwin

October 28, 2013 at 11:33 pm

I’m kicking things off at 7:30 with Hollywood Squares.
    Paul Lynde cracks me up.

• October 29, 2013 at 5:37 pm

I live in Illinois so this seems like an epic idea!