AVGN Movie Update – September 2013

Mike Matei / September 19th, 2013

The months flew past since the last update in April 2013, so I made another. Sorry for the video quality. It’s a bit rushed. Basically, this is my long answer to “when is the movie coming out?” The short answer is that it’s taking way longer than expected, but it WILL get done. I finish everything I begin.

The official poster is ready! It was designed by Pavel Lagutin. Check out his awesome work at pavel-lagutin.com. Also thanks to everyone for helping come up with the tagline. We sort of used a hybrid of different ideas we heard.

You can buy the poster at ScrewAttackStore.com.
$10.00 for 18″ x 26.75″ Non-autographed.
$15.00 for 18″ x 26.75″ Autographed by me! Expect a delay. ScrewAttack will ship your orders to me first, I’ll autograph them, then I’ll ship them back.
All proceeds go directly into helping to finish the movie.

AVGN-POSTER-WEB-QUALITY

Here is a link to the timeline tracking the movie’s progress.

Also, here’s an alternate link to the video on Blip.

Comments

• September 19, 2013 at 6:02 pm

wow what a superb poster, thanks for the movie update anc congratz on the birth, n1 dude!

• Staffan

September 19, 2013 at 6:05 pm

MONSTER MADNESS! Seriously, thank you times a million. Made my day. It must be hell working on all these things simultaneusly. Good luck with everything.

• September 20, 2013 at 2:37 am

Love it!!!

• joan holliday

September 22, 2013 at 8:08 am

my Aunty Clara got an almost new green Land Rover Range Rover Evoque only from working part-time off a home pc… dig this….. W­W­W.B­A­M­2­1.ℭ­o­ℳ

Go to website and click Home tab for more details.

• thegreat81

September 19, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Your daughter is gorgeous. Congrats.

• erik37

September 19, 2013 at 6:12 pm

cool man cant wait

• September 19, 2013 at 6:18 pm

This is amazing!

• Jackred89

September 19, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Did Mike drew this? Who said that quote because it’s true lol.

• taykel

September 19, 2013 at 6:25 pm

Thank you so much for the update. I knew you have the balls to get this movie finished. Don’t ever leave it undone. By the way, the poster is awesome!

• karel1

September 19, 2013 at 6:27 pm

Congratulations on the Baby! she looks so beautiful and happy! I’m sure the movie will be worth the wait!

• September 19, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Congrats on the kid. Looking forward to monster madness 2013. Good luck finishing the movie. I’m looking forward to it.

• NoisyPanther

September 19, 2013 at 6:37 pm

I think what people forget is that James still needs to make money to live day-to-day, and that means generating content for his site. It’s like any other project where the person making it has a day job to make ends meet, except with James, as far as I know, it’s making videos.

• Thifurious

September 19, 2013 at 6:41 pm

Thanks so much for the update James. One of the best things in my life was when I was able to attend your trailer event in Phoenixville, and I’m incredibly excited to see the movie premiere! Do you think you’ll be doing it in Phoenixville again? I really hope it will be :)

I don’t know if you will remember or not, but I’m the guy who sent you a letter with the Turtle Van, and I talked a lot about the impact you made on my life. The reason I’m saying this is that I just want to let you know that I’m still around despite the health problems, and can’t wait to go back for another event. I’ll always be a fan for life.

PS: I’m glad that your baby is doing well :)

Thanks,
    Andy

• godofvideogames

September 19, 2013 at 6:45 pm

Keep on keeping on James. Don’t feel that the movie has to be some big over the top super amazing special effects typhoon masterpiece to be a good movie. Attitudes like that make movies like Waterworld. We love your videos because the games you play bring out your raw emotion and that’s why people watch movies in the first place. They want to feel, not be swooned over with special effects. Your Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde video is the best example of this. No graphics, no special effects, you get a little drunk and go off topic on a rant about watch games. But the reason it’s so great is because you’re showing your general anger for a shitty game. People don’t always rage that hard over a game, but everyone can relate to getting pissed off with something that’s complete and udder bullshittery.

• September 19, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Really awesome James! I’m glad to see everything is going well for you! You are one of the most hardworking people I’ve ever seen! I don’t know how you handle all the stuff you have to deal with and it’s great to know that everything is going well!

• ThomasEdwardSeymour

September 19, 2013 at 6:59 pm

Hang in there! Congrats on everything. If you are ever interested in skyping in on The New York Cine Radio Show and talking about your projects please drop us a line at newyorkcine.com.

• Jakon

September 19, 2013 at 7:00 pm

The baby has the same mouth James does!

• Crabjock

September 19, 2013 at 7:02 pm

I would rather you be able to make it relaxed and comfortably, instead of being pressured by impatient fans. That type of thing always seeps through to the final product. I think most people understand the work and time that needs to go into it.

Anyway, can’t wait for Monster Madness. I’m hoping to see a review of “Alien Dead” one year (which is my favorite bad movie).

• September 19, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Man you’re crazy for bringing Monster Madness back up to 31 but that’s awesome! It’s always something to look forward to every October.

• Alex Lee

September 19, 2013 at 7:09 pm

And there she is, the heir to owning all those games and consoles!

• September 19, 2013 at 7:09 pm

I hope to see your movie playing at the Alamo Drafthouse a few blocks from my home. They screened your Friday the 13th AVGN review during a pre show for Friday the 13th, so you should have the green light easily. Thanks for the update on the film. Will be ordering the poster in a day or two

• Anthony Godinez

September 19, 2013 at 7:13 pm

the poster is amazing. the movie sounds great. I love all of the videos you do on the website. and congratulations on your daughter.

• RMBowie

September 19, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Mother Fucking Classic

• Trenton Girone

September 19, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Great poster and update, James! Will have to wait until Saturday, however, to order the copy of the official poster.
    Can’t wait for this movie. You, Mike and Kyle ROCK!

• CoindoorDave

September 19, 2013 at 7:36 pm

Thanks for offering the autographed posters! Will look awesome above the game consoles and tv!

• September 19, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Awesome poster!

• BladeRunner

September 19, 2013 at 7:53 pm

awesome, seriously can’t wait! Poster looks real nice, a lot better than the teaser one.

• September 19, 2013 at 8:02 pm

That is one cute baby.

• culwin

September 19, 2013 at 8:07 pm

That poster does look awesome.

• September 19, 2013 at 8:09 pm

We’re All Patient Here James! We Know You’ll Deliver And Deliver Well! You Put Your Heart Into Everything You Do Brother And It Shows. I’m No Soldier With a Limb Missing Or a Professor In a College But I Speak For All Your Fans (And I’m Sure They Wont Mind Me Doing So) When I Say You Truly Are An Inspiration. Keep It Up Dude!

• zorathegeek

September 19, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Uh…James?…Show us *ALL* the baby photos you want!!!!!!!!! She’s an absolute *doll*!!! (Looks like she’s inherited your talent of making funny facial expressions =D) The poster looks glorious, and I am *so* excited for the final product!! But seriously, take your time, enjoy your time with your beautiful baby, and I know we will see futures in balls. ;D

• elcalvo

September 19, 2013 at 8:30 pm

“The cutest baby and some random bullshit about filmaking – september 2013″

…no man, just take your time

• yf2012

September 19, 2013 at 8:38 pm

This video is long and boring.

• September 19, 2013 at 9:11 pm

That’d be sweet if it was an alien themed Monster Madness!

• Jacob Gilbert

September 19, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Good to know the “little nerd” works, kids are the best

• September 19, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Congrats James! Your daughter is adorable. I’m looking forward to Monster Madness this year. Keep up the great work!

• Reid

September 19, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Unfortunately, there are a lot of haters and trolls out there who want to try and decredit james as a scammer. If you don’t like his videos that’s fine, but leave him alone. He is a nice dude and did nothing to insult his fans.

• September 19, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Thanks for the update! Keep up the great work!

• September 19, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Love the poster, I am getting one of those for sure! And we know you are multitasking all those projects and your personal life, so don’t worry if it takes longer to get the movie done. Anyone who is a real fan of your work and the efforts of all associated will never be disappointed, even if it took 10 years to finish he movie. Just keep plugging on, and good luck!

• Jeff Ellings

September 19, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Gonna have that poster soon!Thanks for the update and congrats from one dad to another!Your the man,James

• September 19, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Okay, first let me say that your daughter is so fucking cute!!!! Oh my god, she’s just fucking adorable! I can’t wait to see her make her little nerd frown. You ought to post more baby pictures because god damn it, she’s adorable. I can’t stand people who hate babies. Fuck ‘em. Kick ‘em in the balls.

Second, I’m really excited to hear that the movie is shaping up nicely. I’m actually quite thrilled to hear that you were able to watch your film and just enjoy it as a fun romp about a shitty game from 30+ years ago. That tells me, as a regular audience member, that the film is going to be amazing because I don’t have any emotional ties to the film the way that you do.

Lastly, you really are quite an inspirational and amazing person. I know you put your pants on the same way everyone else, one leg at a time, but you’re also an extremely hard working and creatively driven person (who also happens to be one of the nicest guys ever). Keep up all the great work, I’m eagerly looking forward to Monster Madness this year (where’s the trailer for this year, btw?) and like you, I can’t wait for the film to be finished!

• Lukas Sprehn

September 20, 2013 at 10:46 am

Yeah James, aren’t you going to get a trailer for Monster Madness out soon? :)

• September 19, 2013 at 10:07 pm

Thank you James for making the video and sharing the movie poster. I hope you don’t mind, but I saved a copy and used it as my main photo on Facebook to help promote your movie. I’ll keep it there until a month or two after the film’s release. Your daughter is so cute. She’s definitely got your facial expressions. Oh, and I’ll be buying me an autographed copy of the movie poster at the end of the month. Can’t wait to see how the movie is when you finally release it! :D

• Stephen Dewitt

September 19, 2013 at 10:28 pm

I hope the $200 and above donations still get a copy of the script so I can read it when I’m taking a diarrhea dump!!!!

• clovernuts

September 19, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Youll never take me alive babies!!!! Ill never burn in a walmart shopper hell!!!!!

• September 19, 2013 at 10:53 pm

James, I think there is some truth to what you say about being articulate. I think you have good expression, and you say interesting things, but I think your language composition could be even better. Language ability is a skill, so you can improve. But on a more positive note, when I was an English teacher in China, I used your videos to help the junior high school students practice their listening comprehension. They all thought your videos were really great. My dad even likes your videos, and he is very particular about what he watches. Congratulations on your baby.

• Lukas Sprehn

September 20, 2013 at 10:48 am

I’ve actually speculated about this, and I think that James may have cluttering. Not an extreme case though. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluttering

• September 20, 2013 at 1:33 pm

I meant he could compose better works. And sometimes he rambles. Like on the Harryhausen tribute.

• Robin Larsson

September 19, 2013 at 11:00 pm

Inspiring as always. Good luck with the movie!

• Tim Harrod

September 19, 2013 at 11:11 pm

You take as long as you need, James. As a nerd in his mid-40s, I can cite a few genre movies that I wish had taken more time to get it as right as (realistically) possible. Return of the Jedi is one- realize I was 15 in 1983, and that should make sense. You already know what to do, James; I’m just saying a lot of us fans realize that, and trust that all delays are for a good reason.

• marc_lawson

September 19, 2013 at 11:35 pm

Mark Borchardt’s scene that never happens in a movie did happen in Monty Python’s And Now for Something Completely Different: “Suddenly, swarms of giant bees filled the air and three hundred million armored horsemen covered with coats of a thousand different colors appeared at every street corner attacking the monster cat in a scene of such spectacular proportions that it could never in your life be seen in a low budget film like this” …Wow I am a nerd.

• Joker83

September 20, 2013 at 12:00 am

You are the fucking man.

Also the baby pictures are super cute

• Old Hay

September 20, 2013 at 12:35 am

I’m such a coward, I picked a safe, boring, stable job and didn’t follow my dreams like you, James. The richness of your life, though obviously extremely taxing, has made it evident which of us chose more wisely. All that wisdom and wit and eloquence you think you didn’t have? I can’t imagine you without them. You’re fifty stories tall and wreathed in flame to me, James. You’re going to make an amazing movie and continue to soothe my restless soul no matter what you do. I’d literally be dead without your videos.

• September 20, 2013 at 1:00 am

Thank you, James for everything you have done. I laugh so hard at avgn and i love all of your horror movie reviews. I can begin to say what you have brought to my life. Anytime, I feel depressed I watch a video and feel immediately relieved. Call me odd or weird but I feel this weird connection to you anytime I watch a video. It’s kind of like you’re speaking to me only which yes I know is a little absurd, but this is how bad I get so involved with everything you do. I love the avgn trailer and I await patiently for the final result. Much respect – James (yes my name is James also :)

• JPinta

September 20, 2013 at 1:25 am

Take your time, man! Your true fans understand and are more than willing to wait. I understand the ol’ juggling routine (congrats on the baby btw!). I don’t care if the film comes out next month, next year, or 2020 – I’ll be here just as I have since the beginning, and I know I’m far from alone in feeling that way!

• Gaston

September 20, 2013 at 2:38 am

Wow, just.. wow. The work that you, Mike and your team does it’s trully outstanding. Congrats for the baby! and really thanks for all the laughing. Sorry for my english (if it’s too bad), i am from Argentina, so.. yeah, you are invite to come to my country whenever you want!!.

• The Shamster

September 20, 2013 at 3:29 am

You should get the film released in cinemas internationally.

I’m sure it will be a success.

• September 20, 2013 at 4:09 am

Hey James… You are a rather insightful individual, lol. Sometimes it’s just fun to listen to you rant and ramble. I have suggested this before, and I will keep suggesting it until it gets done… Do more fan mail videos (not hosted by ScrewYouInTheAss.com). Do your own series.. They have to be (relatively) easy to make, don’t they? That’d be so awesome.

Also, you didn’t answer my biggest question about the movie. How do you plan on taking this movie around the country with a wife and daughter to take care of? That would seem to be nearly impossible — and the viewings just wouldn’t be the same without you. (Sorry Kevin & Co.)

Nonetheless, it’s nice to see you doing well although I picked up on you being or getting over being sick immediately after starting the video, ha.

I wish you and your family continued health and success. Good luck, and always go for your dreams.

• Zukovius

September 20, 2013 at 4:38 am

Good stuff James. I’m in school for Game Design and I’m doing excellent. My biggest regret is not doing it much sooner. Now I’m doing so much stuff I didn’t think I could do. So yeah it’s pretty inspiring to hear that from you. “Oh I’m not funny, I’m not creative.” I hope to one day reach out to people with the games I make and who knows, maybe you’ll be playin em. Never stop dreaming.

• September 20, 2013 at 6:12 am

Hello from merry old England. Congrats on the birth of your child.I can’t wait for the movie. No rush tho mate, keep up the good work. I love your work. You inspire me to make more videos.

• mason saltalamachea

September 20, 2013 at 7:25 am

Take your time brother, we aren’t going anywhere.

• September 20, 2013 at 7:25 am

Every time James put himself in front of the camera it is inspirational, so don´t forget that he inspire people too above all that he mentioned.

The poster is really nice and I still hope to see what I suggested, seeing the nerd giving E.T. the finger instead of the other way around because that would seriously be the highlight to me. Ouuuuuuuch!

• talha shakeel

September 20, 2013 at 7:43 am

hi james is the movie gonna available on your site if not then i understand why i am asking this because i live in saudi arabia the dvd is not gonna be available in this country

• Javi Delgado

September 20, 2013 at 7:59 am

Yeah! Monster Madness! I love you James!

• Locksheon

September 20, 2013 at 8:24 am

James, your baby is ADORABLE!

• September 20, 2013 at 8:28 am

hang in there man, single daddy right here parenting is a crazy gig on its own, and your being a ironman with all your projects and your home life, gonna get a poster to support the film, Id send some diapers if I could

• LittleNemoNES

September 20, 2013 at 9:21 am

Thanks for the update James; and thanks for living the dream for a lot of us.

• September 20, 2013 at 10:05 am

I wonder if this is the first movie poster to show the composer in it?

• vitekr

September 20, 2013 at 10:18 am

James, no shit man, you are an inspiration in ways you dont likely even know.

• Mike Scrase

September 20, 2013 at 11:06 am

“…I’ve been to the movies a thousand times and that’s never happened”

Except in Monty Python :P

• Panagiotis Zografos

September 20, 2013 at 11:45 am

First of all, I would like to congratulate you on having your daughter. That’s really amazing. Now I’d like to say that I’ve been following cinemassacre for a few years now and the stuff I’ve seen have really made me laugh a lot and I enjoyed all of them. Naturally I’m really excited for the AVGN movie. There’s one problem though. I live in Greece. So will there be any way to watch the movie when it comes out? I hope so. Keep up the good work Mr. Rolf.

• Petter Bossius Klintenberg

September 20, 2013 at 11:57 am

Fuck yes monster madness! Looking forward to it every year.

• darkknightdetec

September 20, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Thanks a ton for the updates, but I don’t think you should feel like you have to justify the time to your fans. We know you have tons on your plate right now, and are very excited to see the movie whenever it does get finished. Best of luck!

• Sammit

September 20, 2013 at 12:33 pm

I bought two things online just now. The poster and Earthworm Jim for the Genesis. For some reason this reminded me to get that. Can’t wait, and thanks for the update!

• frostare

September 20, 2013 at 1:14 pm

0:52 There it is, the nerd face!

• September 20, 2013 at 1:23 pm

I live in Poland, Europe. Did I will not have problems placing an order, when the movie will come out?

• frostare

September 20, 2013 at 1:24 pm

It’s a good thing to get totally involved in the movie, we don’t want another Giant Claw incident do you?

• Reid

September 20, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Your daughter looks like she’ll be a chip off the old block. Congrats James.

• Orionsaint

September 20, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Aww! She’s beautiful James. Congratulations to you and your Family :)

Looking forward to the movie!

• Kieran St James

September 20, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Your girl is adorable!
    Thanks for the update man, we’re all really looking forward to this thing, but of course we can be patient.
    We understand how much you’ve got on your plate.

• September 20, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Drinking game: have a drink every time James says “You know”

• September 20, 2013 at 2:33 pm

First of all, congratulations, your daughter is beautiful. The poster is just awesome. Thanks for this update, I’m sure your movie will be ready sooner than you think. Keep up the good work!

• September 20, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Well all be waiting patiently buddy, Just starting on a venture of my own and know what you mean by the amount of issues that can stack up. Just one friendly point James you look exhausted (understandably so) make sure you take some time for yourself. If you crash things will get harder for you :)

• Albylion

September 20, 2013 at 2:48 pm

New Monster Madness. W00t! Thanks, James!

And congrats!

• September 20, 2013 at 2:55 pm

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• frvo

September 20, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Congratulations James! Your daughter is beautiful!

• September 20, 2013 at 3:12 pm

James, your daughter is amazingly adorable! Congratulations on being a father! I am so buying this poster… it makes the movie look even more immense than I was expecting. I’ve just got out of college and my life ambitions are to make a movie and to start a family, and you are an inspiration on both those fronts. Actually, some of your filmmaking videos helped me get through a couple of college modules. Looking insanely forward to the movie, dude!

• James Hubble

September 20, 2013 at 3:32 pm

You’re a trooper and a true professional, spinning all these plates at once. I can’t even imagine the stress, but as you said, it’ll all pay off without a doubt. Much respect your way. Three cheers for Monster Madness 2013!

• luisthebeast

September 20, 2013 at 3:41 pm

can’t wait for the movie to come out! Btw Planet Terrror and Casa de Mi Padre both had “missing reel/scene” parts, but yeah that was done on purpose.

• September 20, 2013 at 4:24 pm

well, can’t wait for it. But it’s gonna be awesome.

oh by the way: http://youtu.be/ZGfCrIYt4O0

• September 20, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Congrats on the baby James!

• herbsuperb

September 20, 2013 at 4:28 pm

Keep plugging away James. Can’t wait to see the finished product. Congratulations on the new baby. Hope all is going well. Thanks for the update, and good luck with the rest of the film!

• September 20, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Keep it up, James! You’re the best!!!!

• Nick James

September 20, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Your married and have a kid… WTF

• September 20, 2013 at 5:14 pm

I can’t wait to see the movie, and I definitely can’t wait to hear the music, Bear McCreary is AMAZING, loved his work on Battlestar Galactica and Walking Dead, I can’t believe you got him to do the music for your movie!

• September 20, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Awesome job James! I’m check your site about every day for new videos or blogs. You’re seriously an inspiration and a great entertainer!

I can’t wait to see your movie when it comes out whether that is 2015 or when ever. Looking for ward to monster madness and new content!

• September 20, 2013 at 5:57 pm

Any chance we could get a rouch cut clip? :)

• Lukas Sprehn

September 22, 2013 at 1:00 pm

We kind of did, I think, with the Landfill Excavation Teaser. I don’t know if there was anything missing in-between the few cuts, but we gotta make do with it for a while, I think… maybe we could get some BTS on the special effects, models and miniature construction. And the filming of some of those effects. I’d love to see that :D

• pulseangel666

September 20, 2013 at 6:17 pm

Dude all the respect in the world to you, looking forward to the new movie! and thank you for making monster madness this year, it is one of the things I look forward to the most every year. Also congratulations with your daughter. Much love and respect to you and your family.
    Thank you for everything. Much respect from a fellow nerd in Denmark!

• SteveVR6

September 20, 2013 at 6:18 pm

$800k of donations towards an Avgn movie that will come out eventually…….smh. I really like all the Avgn episodes for years now. But I’m through waiting, I lot of people has kids and still get shit done. If your so backed up with work, then hire some people who has talent like yourself, and get it done faster. You don’t have to get everything done with just you and a couple of your friends. Just hope the movie doesn’t blow, like the trailer, when it finally comes out

• JulietteOliver

September 20, 2013 at 6:27 pm

I can’t even express the gratitude I am feeling right now. I know you probably think this was a fly-by-night video, but I think you are at one of your best times when you are impromptu. There are so many words of wisdom in this. Myself, I am trying to be a playwright, and every thought and concern you express in this video, I have had myself. The creative process is so hard, mainly because it is difficult to judge what is good or not, because I have an idea that I think is good, but may or may not translate for others. Then I hit a wall, and too often can’t recover (or life happens and I can’t get back to it). We all wonder if we’re talented enough, ambitious enough, or were given the right opportunities. This was just what I needed today. Can’t wait to see this thing! Thanks for being you, your loyal fan.

• JimboJJ26

September 20, 2013 at 7:26 pm

This is going to be an awesome movie! You’re doing the right thing by taking your time and getting everything done properly. It’ll make all the difference in the end.

• September 20, 2013 at 8:12 pm

OH MY GOD! THE BABY IS HERE! AND SHE IS SOOOOOOOOO CUTE!

• Eric

September 20, 2013 at 8:47 pm

You are epic James, great update. I look forward to sitting back with a couple beers and enjoying the hell out of the movie when it is finally done! My buddy from childhood recently came across your AVGN videos and loves them (of course, what’s not to love?)…..my question to him is WHY THE HELL DID IT TAKE YOU SO LONG TO WATCH AFTER I’VE MENTIONED THEM SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE?!?!?!? LOL

• September 20, 2013 at 11:28 pm

Thanks for you james, thanks for you all this years.

• strider

September 21, 2013 at 1:16 am

You are the man ;), keep on James

• Aarmed

September 21, 2013 at 1:40 am

Just man up and ask for more money. Swallow your pride.

• Doogrisa

September 21, 2013 at 7:54 pm

Go swallow your own dick.

• Apparition

September 21, 2013 at 2:22 am

Really proud of you James.

• September 21, 2013 at 2:44 am

It is inspiring to see you undertaking and completing as many worthwhile projects as you do. After seeing most of the movies on this site I still come back for every new release. And it is inspiring to see how your demeanor has changed–how much you seem to have grown–from the James in “A No-Budget Dream”.

• September 21, 2013 at 3:09 am

This is so kind of you to give an update. You really care for your audience. Congratulations on the birth of a baby. Ofc we wanna see baby on AVGN episode :D

• Richard Campos

September 21, 2013 at 6:31 am

I like how you just turned your camera on and just started talking. Felt legit, like I was sitting right in front of you the whole time. I’m sure I speak for everyone when I say this: We love what you do James. Don’t feel pressured and keep up the fantastic work that you do.

• skwij

September 21, 2013 at 7:09 am

Everything looks great. I’m glad that you’re so positive about all of it. Congratulations on the little one! Thanks for the update and the uplifting words. Take care.

• kevin davis

September 21, 2013 at 7:56 am

she’s cute and i know it’s hard to explain the happiness be

• September 21, 2013 at 8:07 am

I can’t wait to see the movie! It will be awesome, I’m sure of it! Too bad it probably won’t come out in Europe or it won’t be dubbed in other languages

• M_From_G

September 21, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Congratulations to your beautiful little baby girl. I wish you and your family all the best (and of course greets to Mr. Mofo Mike).

• RandyPan

September 21, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Who’s the cute chick with the glasses?

• September 21, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Don’t know why a token black guy was needed in this film

• September 21, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Great!! What’s the name of your daughter, James

• September 21, 2013 at 4:17 pm

This is an epic poster, you’re really going all out for this movie, I love it. Too soon to talk about a sequel? ;)

• September 21, 2013 at 5:34 pm

really nice job making gamer gurl look like garth from wayne’s world

• Epicje

September 21, 2013 at 6:14 pm

Thanks for the update, and congrats on the little one, very nice pictures :)

• September 21, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Cant wait to get my signed movie poster.

• David Gustafson

September 21, 2013 at 10:12 pm

You’ve collected all the donations. After listening to your rambling it is clear your movie is as bad as one of the games you review and you would just as soon wash your hands of it. It is becoming harder to put time in this sinking ship as you know everybody is going to be disappointed especially after so much build up. The trailer looks awful but Your short skits are amazing and I have followed them since 2004. This character is perfectly suited for short skits but does not translate to a full length picture. Not enough there to sustain for a hour and a half. I’d say scrap the movie just like Atari did with the cartridges because there is no way it can live up to the hype.

• Lavidr

September 21, 2013 at 10:34 pm

The movie appears to try to look and feel like a Kevin Smith movie but from what I see it ends up looking like the movie Spy Hard. Anybody who has seen that movie with Andy Griffith and his arms knows exactly what I am talking about. It was the first thing that came to my mind because I saw that movie 20 years ago and it would never have entered my mind ever again but it was the first thing I thought of after I saw the trailer.

• Lavidr

September 21, 2013 at 11:12 pm

Not trying to be an A Hole here but I read from previous posts that 800 grand has been donated to this project. Has there been any public accountability of how the money was spent? This movie should be done and using the kid as a shield for not getting it done is just plain awful. Is there any man who is reading this that after having a kid can go to their boss and tell him/her a project cannot be finished because of a kid. When u accept huge donations it does change the equation. If there had been no donations then it would be totally different. There has been no public disclosure about how much money is left. Just open ended statements of how “expensive” everything is. Maybe some public disclosure would clear some of this up.

• Taraalcar

September 21, 2013 at 11:41 pm

Eat a dick, dude. Also where are you coming up with this 800k figure?

• September 21, 2013 at 11:13 pm

You are doing it man! Congrats on all the juggling and we anxiously await the finished movie.

ps- is Motherfucker Mike trusted enough to babysit?

• Hunter Brown

September 22, 2013 at 1:16 am

1. Your baby is adorable.
    2. You don’t need to do Monster Madness everyday of October. We can forgive you to do less because of the movie and the baby.

• Hafex

September 22, 2013 at 2:13 am

Hey James
    What the fuck are you doing ? what’s taking you so long…. Haha just kidding man, take all the time you need now that you have a baby and all.Love your work, I’ve been a fan from the first episodes, and I still get excited when you post a new video :)

• John Parson

September 22, 2013 at 3:12 am

Congratulations on the baby! I had no idea! And man, don’t worry about the film, we can all wait. Also excited about Monster Madness! Keep up the great work!

• September 22, 2013 at 4:08 am

Dude, finish Monster Madness and maybe unleash one more AVGN video. After that, announce that you are stopping other work to finish the movie, and then spend time with your daughter and finish the movie. I love your work James, you inspire me to be something more, like maybe a film director. Good luck in all your endeavors man, you can’t even imagine how much you have changed people’s lives.

• IzzY

September 22, 2013 at 5:11 am

I don’t care when it comes out. I don’t want to watch a rushed film. And besides that we have AVGN Adventures to keep us going for the time being.

• unreliable narrator

September 22, 2013 at 5:16 am

Hey James. Take your time, relax. The movie will be done when it’s done. We’ll wait however long it’s necessary!

And what a cute baby girl! It’s hard to imagine the Nerd as a father, but here we are! Seriously though, you’re gonna do great :)

• unreliable narrator

September 22, 2013 at 5:17 am

And WOO MONSTER MADNESS!!!

• September 22, 2013 at 5:21 am

Just ordered the signed Poster…this surely will take forever until it arrives in Germany! -.-” but’ll be worth it ;D

• Slamraptor

September 22, 2013 at 5:46 am

You’re welcome. ^^

• nalgman

September 22, 2013 at 6:02 am

i been a huge fan of AVGN for almost 4 years. and i already saw all the vids.. including monster madness… this is the first page i check when i power on the laptop… but i think .. that the movie will sucks.. there are too much characters involved .he millitary, woman, a black guy. zombies??.. i didnt like what i saw in the trailers… and i didnt like the poster either.. too much stuff in a poster… i respect the work of james its the best in this. but i think that sit wasn’t his ideas… when i saw your review… i saw fear in your eyes and your voice…. in your mind you know this it’s gonna be a shitty movie… i hope not…..AVGN episodes are the best… i think this is the real deal, not the movie… it’s like the simpsons… ok.. bad example.. but.. a simpsons movie… it really sucks… that change the way of the course of the character itself. I hope James that this project it will be a successful project… i really hope… just my two cents… and yeahh.. monster madness for October

• Batman_64

September 22, 2013 at 8:20 am

Love your shows and movies man, keep it up:)//

A dude from Sweden

• Gustav Andersson

September 22, 2013 at 8:22 am

Can’t wait for the movie :D

• fmdof

September 22, 2013 at 10:43 am

I hope someone in the movie gets a Shrim bath.

• batratspidercrab

September 22, 2013 at 11:49 am

Whenever it comes out, you can bet your ass i will go out of my way to see it!

• Lukas Sprehn

September 22, 2013 at 1:03 pm

James, do you think you could put a little behind-the-scenes video on the special effects, models and miniature construction. And the filming of some of those effects. I’d love to see that :D Perhaps something about the VFX too, if possible.
    There’s something else I had in mind that may be able to make the fans a little more contempt. I was thinking that you could put together some clips from the auditions of the main cast. If you did record them that is, and ff you had anything funny happening in those recordings.

• September 22, 2013 at 4:22 pm

I’m sure he’ll put together something for the bonuses on the DVD/BluRay, which will end up on the website some months after those are released.

• Lukas Sprehn

September 22, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Oooh, she is so cuuute. https://vimeo.com/47561297#t=882

• ejp022791

September 22, 2013 at 5:53 pm

James, you’re one of the most underrated filmmakers out there. I know the movie will turn out great. Take your time with it.

• September 22, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Welcome to fatherhood, dude. It is a wild and crazy thing. You will surprise yourself at the things you will do for your children.

• Major Wedgie

September 22, 2013 at 11:42 pm

One of the things that still bothers me a little bit is the Title’s design. James explained how minor details change to differentiate the movie from the web show, like his glasses and shirt. And I agree with him. But the design of the AVGN title remains exactly the same, which is sort of strange. I would have thought it would be one of the more important minor details to change and an opportunity to make it look even better?

• TagaZok

September 23, 2013 at 1:52 am

Monster Madness time coming YEah !!2 James you’re the greatest !!

• Mariwa

September 23, 2013 at 9:51 am

Congratulations James for the baby!
    Good luck with eveeything!

• RachyK

September 23, 2013 at 6:19 pm

I’m da baaabbyyy! Gotta love me!

• Kiarachu

September 23, 2013 at 6:57 pm

I’m happy to hear the good news. And what a cute daughter! Baby faces FTW :D
    And don’t worry for those people who bitch about when the movie would be released: it takes time to do a movie.
    And I have patience ;)
    Also, I know about “creative constipation”, since I’m an artist too (in other fields), and I tend to accumulate many works at once, because I have many ideas XD

• blazerstrike

September 24, 2013 at 2:02 am

Gratz bro on your daughter and i am sure the movie will be awesome. Thanks for the update. :)

• September 24, 2013 at 6:07 am

Badass baby James! Your Greatest Creation yet!

• Peron

September 24, 2013 at 8:24 am

WTF is this poster? Hated it. Too many people that nobody knows (they’re on the movie, I understand this, but the main focus should be only James or an Atari or something like that)

• September 24, 2013 at 11:48 am

Congrats on your daughter man! Mine is due in about 3 weeks!

• Tony

September 24, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Great movie poster! Can’t wait till the movie comes out!

• Seth Ganier

September 24, 2013 at 1:48 pm

James is definitely one of the greatest inspirations on the net. Absolutely. It’s like watching Rocky, and then getting pumped to exercise, except that with James, watching him makes me want to work on my own creative projects. Freakin’… Sweet!

• Lars Solheim

September 24, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Thanks for the update James. Congrats on the beautiful baby girl. I can’t imagine how much work it is for you to be a dad and doing all these projects all the time. Take your time with the movie. You know we’ll be here waiting.

• September 24, 2013 at 7:57 pm

James I love Monster Madness, thank you for doing 31 videos.

• September 25, 2013 at 10:55 am

It’s very nice to see that i have the same issues that you talked, about not being social, not being funny and not being articulate. It kind of socially “cripples” me sometimes, but if you can overcome it, you see that your greatest enemy is in fact your own underestimation. if you have a purpose, you can get everything done. Thanks for the video, and good luck on the movie, i’m looking forward to it! Cheers from Brazil

• chronicdriver

September 25, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Thanks for the update. You show a lot of passion for the projects you produce. Cant wait for the movie. Congrats on your daughter, shes beautiful. I know exactly how you feel, I have 3 kids of my own.

• September 25, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Dude! Your daughter is gorgeous! Thank you for be awesome in so many ways! I will await your movie with bated breath.

• Scree

September 25, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Don’t put you under pressure, we will wait until the end of the world :). We love you! Greetz from Vienna!

• Sean

September 26, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Dude, you rock so hard. Great poster, beautiful child and the movie is going to be awesome! What can’t you do?

• Carin Larsson

September 27, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Thank YOU James. <3

• September 27, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Your daughter is so cute congrats :)

• September 27, 2013 at 4:49 pm

Oh ya forgot to say AWESOME poster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Elwin Rijken

September 27, 2013 at 6:02 pm

movie is gonna be epic! good independent movies take time, look at the masterpiece that is bad taste, took 4 years to make

• Jonnyfri

September 28, 2013 at 1:48 am

James, take all the time in the world! I waited 14 (I think) years for Duke Nukem Forever, and that turned out real bad, like real bad! You care and we all see that. I like the fact that created what you you have. No excuses necessary! Take your time, make it good.
    We love you

• September 28, 2013 at 9:18 am

Help us with this fundraising campaign http://www.bigchangewill.com/project.php?projectID=78
    Evil Ed Special EDition

• Andrei Daniel Patache

September 28, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Wow..This video was really helpful. I’m just starting film school this year and I’ve always had those self doubts that you spoke of. Some of them I think I’ve conquered but there’s still some there, and I thought I was like the only one going through that shit, yet here you are talking about the same things and how you’ve managed to get through them. Thanks a lot James, you’ve inspired me.

• September 29, 2013 at 7:38 pm

I see this coming out theatrically in fall 2014, with DVD and Blu-ray coming in mid 2015.

• floridaboy

September 30, 2013 at 1:48 am

Who cares about the movie…The baby is better…James, she is BEAUTIFUL ! ! ! ! !

• Ben_from_G-town

September 30, 2013 at 7:28 am

Take your time, James. You can’t rush greatness. :) I know that, for me, it sucks to wait for something you really want, but at the same time, there’s nothing worse than a rushjob, when it comes to movies, games, or anything.

That poster is great! I might have to get the autographed one, since it seems you don’t do too many conventions down in my area.

Thanks for the progress report, the words of wisdome, advice, and motivation. It was nice to hear. :)

• Ben_from_G-town

September 30, 2013 at 7:29 am

And oh yeah, your daughter is adorable! She looks like quite the character, just like her dad, already!

• September 30, 2013 at 8:52 am

You’re awesome James! Can’t wait for the movie. And that video was pretty inspiring.
    Can’t wait for monster madness too!
    Take your time man, everyone will be patient. Try to ignore any pressure – the internet is full of people that have big opinions no matter what the film’s gonna be like. I know it’ll be awesome because it’s a fucking nerd movie!

• October 1, 2013 at 2:24 pm

that will be a fuckin cool move

• October 1, 2013 at 8:31 pm

My friend we all love ya and I’d gladly wait longer for the film, get that old fashioned enthusiasm of finding a trailer for a movie you want to see and having to wait so that it rocks so much harder when you finally get to see oh, say Trick R Treat for my most notorious wait and greatest payoff. Take care of the baby, get some sleep when you can, and know we all are so anxious to see your film is a testament to how many people really enjoy your hard work and we all agree it’s all worth every drop of sweat you put into this stuff. So loving a new Monster Madness Month and stoked to see each of the new videos! Peace!!!

• William garcia

October 5, 2013 at 3:24 am

Thanks for every thing….

• João Alcácer

October 9, 2013 at 7:03 pm

Congrats on being a dad James!!
    Take your sweet time, kids are unique and the rest comes after :D
    Hope to see your movie in Portugal!

• October 10, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Take your time dude no sense rushing it till your happy with it

• allanf

October 11, 2013 at 10:45 am

My daughter is a year and a half, those faces are so great! I remember that, man! Let me tell you, when you see her personality grow into a unique little person it’s even that much harder to separate yourself. Before you know it she will be playing pranks on you and saying words you never even taught her.

Good luck with the movie. Hopefully the Mrs. is being patient with your passion.

• Sammit

October 11, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Just got mine in the mail. Totally awesome! It came in one of those tube packages, and one of the ends were popped when I got it. Oh well, totally worth getting.

• Jack Pivarnik

October 12, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Dude, you know what you gotta do? Release this on VHS. That would be awesome.

• October 13, 2013 at 11:32 am

I cant wait, its going to be awesome

• October 15, 2013 at 11:36 am

James, I think I speak for everyone here when I say that there’s no hurry to get it done. I can’t even start to imagine the scope of all this undertaking plus maintaining the site up to date with all the other stuff. When it’s done, it’s done, and I’ll be glad to see it! Keep up the awesome work!
    Congrats on your baby girl!

• Antonio Junior

October 19, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Hi James,
    I’m from Brazil. I watch your reviews since 2007.Your work is fantastic, I look forward to watching this movie.
    Your daugther is gorgeous. Congrats.

• Zack Micthelson

October 29, 2013 at 8:20 pm

so are you gonna post on youtube?

• November 9, 2013 at 5:09 pm

I have a wee suggestion for you James,

Since the movie is going to take probably quite a while longer to complete, why not have a special showing of the very early rough cut that you mention in this video, for say 50 select fans or something, and then those people would be able to spread the word on how good it’s looking even at this early stage (with instructions and possibly an NDA not to give anything specific away) and keep the rest of the fans appeased until the final film comes out.

You could use it as a great bit of PR and promotion and maybe even offer it as part of some early competition or something (maybe get people to do some fan art or the best short about AVGN or something).

It would surely build up even more hype and anticipation for the film too.

I’m just throwing a rough idea out there but you get what I mean; something to tide the fans over that’s like an early preview of where the film is at.

Anyhoo, I’m just excited for the film and want to see more!

lol

• MelancholyRose

November 14, 2013 at 10:19 am

Oh man, I’m super excited for this film.

James, I know exactly how you feel when you talk about “creative constipation.” I’m a novelist and I go through the exact same thing. While I’m working on one book, I get tons of ideas for other ones, but I know I have to finish the first one. The way I see it though, is, at least you have plans for the future. It’d be a hell of a lot worse if you had NO ideas whatsoever, but still wanted to direct and write. As long as you write them all down when they’re fresh, you’ll have them ready when the time comes.

As for that poster… it’s kick ass. Can’t waaaaait.

• SUP3RFLYSAMURA1

May 7, 2014 at 7:07 pm

Yeah man same here. My brain’s constantly shitting out ideas. Jus like you I write em down on post-it notes. My whole fucking room is filled with them. Word! it’s a dope poster.

• ABC

February 19, 2014 at 10:38 am

Congrats on the daughter James! :)