AVGN Movie – an update on the update

James / August 31st, 2013

I’ve been getting a lot of requests for an update on the AVGN Movie. The last update I did was in April 2013, but it doesn’t feel like that long ago to me. That was right before my daughter was born, and since then, the months raced by. Seriously, to me, April felt like a month ago. So here’s an update on the update.

I recorded another vlog. It’s extremely rushed. Almost no editing. Also, we’re about to reveal the official poster! (It’ll be on sale at ScrewAttackStore.com) I plan to release the poster at the same time as the update. It should come early to mid-September.

What to expect in the update: Not much new to report, but I manage to talk for at least 15 minutes. The short version of the story isΒ I’ve been busy trying to get my personal life under control. With the little time I’ve had, I’ve been working on Monster Madness (It may be the best yet!), trying to get it ready in time for October. Now, I’m working on a new AVGN episode. Between all that, I’ve been working on the movie sporadically, but haven’t had much time to focus on it. This frustrates me more than anyone. Fortunately, in the Fall, I expect my time will open up a little more and I’ll make some significant progress.

Comments

• johnpseudo

August 31, 2013 at 11:52 am

Good to hear that … I love Monster Madness !!! And to say it with QUEEN “Don`t try so hard, you can leave it for another day …” πŸ˜‰

• Rick

August 31, 2013 at 12:04 pm

MONSTER MADNESS! Always been my personal favorite series you do πŸ™‚ so go ahead and work. No rush on the movie, James. Just the fact that you’re working on anything is good enough…

• Seigfreed2391

August 31, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Glad for the update, Always good to know what to look forward to next. Monster madness has almost become a routine for me the last few years Always informative and well edited.

• August 31, 2013 at 1:36 pm

that’s awesome that Monster Madness is coming along great. Yeah i agree with the movie, don’t rush on it man, take as much time as you need to make it a great film. I’m very curious what the theme of MM will be this year. Anyway, Keep up the great work James. Your fans all appreciate it so much

• Joorum

August 31, 2013 at 3:05 pm

Monster Madness is without a doubt my favorite show from James, I’m glad he’s putting effort into it. October just wouldn’t be the same without it. The fall is my least favorite time of year so those reviews actually make the season bearable for me.

• August 31, 2013 at 3:57 pm

Woo! Gotta love Monster Madness. But like always, take as much time as needed. It’s much better to wait on something that’ll be amazing than to rush it and have it be mediocre. I’m kind of excited for the poster, I might need to buy it, I got some wall space left in my room.

• StriderinHell

August 31, 2013 at 5:39 pm

James take as much time as you need, you do have a personal life. fuck everyone trying to rush you for their own entertainment

• August 31, 2013 at 7:10 pm

I can’t fucking wait for monster madness!!! I seriously love october more than any other month because of halloween and monster madness. I wonder what the theme will be this year… Perhaps…ZOMBIE MOVIE MAYHEM!? That would kick so much ass. All zombie movies for the month of october. Let’s hope we get 31 episodes again (not that last month was bad, but you were so fucking busy…I hope some more time has opened up for you).

Yeah!! Getting me pumped for october!!

• culwin

August 31, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Cool, I know what that’s like.
    I haven’t had time to do anything for the last few months, so I took this 3 day weekend to get stuff done.
    Do what you gotta do.

• August 31, 2013 at 10:22 pm

Take as much time as you need. Though i’ve been desperately craving a new Audio Slaughter, I respect that you’re busy with your family and other projects. Of course you need to have personal time to yourself as well. Monster Madness is something I look forward to every year. When October comes around, I get really excited.

• September 1, 2013 at 12:02 am

Thanks for updating us, James. Do try not to overwork yourself. I hope that you’re planning on a vacation after the movie is finished filming. And I hope for your sake you don’t have much left to do. Enjoy your time while you can with your daughter, those early years go by real fast.

• September 1, 2013 at 1:10 am

I’d like to at least see another teaser clip or trailer #2. Can’t wait to see the poster and new AVGN.

• Joker83

September 1, 2013 at 1:17 am

Sounds good. Life definitely has to come first and I’m glad that everything sounds like its going well. I am really excited about Monster Madness this year! This update made me happy just for that! Also, new AVGN episode on the way? Awesome.

I can’t wait to buy a poster when they come out!

• September 1, 2013 at 1:41 am

No offense to your other work, but October Monster Madness is the greatest stuff you put out. I’m glad this is still ongoing and will watch back to previous year via the app.

• Aaron1375

September 1, 2013 at 1:51 am

Awesome! Monster Madness! Love it when you guys do horror film reviews!

• taykel

September 1, 2013 at 6:34 am

Cool. I’m can’t wait for the update, new AVGN episode, and especially the poster!

• fusionater

September 1, 2013 at 10:32 am

Hey, so long as the AVGN movie doesn’t become your Duke Nukem Forever(Time taken to make it does not reflect the end quality of the product), which will be pretty hard, unless if you plan to hold off on finishing it for another decade. πŸ˜‰

Good luck. πŸ˜€

• thegreat81

September 1, 2013 at 11:07 am

You were already a busy guy and then having a kid just makes it that much busier. I assume your sleep schedule got a lot more complicated. We were told to “sleep when we could” after our first. Boy, they weren’t kidding, lol.

• September 1, 2013 at 11:10 am

Sweet! Thanks for the update! I hope you do something in the video store for Monster Madness and make the reviews detailed like sequel-A-thon! Also, I heard you were the one editing it this year! Good for you man! Can’t wait for Monster Madness and everything else!

• September 1, 2013 at 11:50 am

Thanks for busting your ass for the fans man!

• September 1, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Monster Madness! Maybe this year… Stephen King-a-thon?

• September 1, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Maybe we should give it over to Gearbox to finish it up.

• DMM_poo

September 1, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Can’t wait for Monster Madness and FALL!! April feels like a month or two ago to me, too. I have been insanely busy at work. I haven’t even enjoyed the summer, and it’s over. Oh well, bring on the Fall; bring on the Monster Madness.

• greedo

September 1, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Man, that sucks! But that’s what happens when life gets in the way. Whatever you do, don’t give up on the film! It will all be worth in the end when it’s finally released!

• roboraygun

September 1, 2013 at 7:03 pm

Yeh no I agree with everyone not to try and rush it. Can’t wait for this year’s Monster Madness! OH and of course your personal life and family should always come first. I’m sure we all understand =). Can’t wait tho to see what you put out next! =)

• jacob Green

September 1, 2013 at 10:00 pm

oh I knew this October was gonna be a good one!!

• Blue Wizard

September 1, 2013 at 11:02 pm

I only got into Monster Madness a couple years ago, so I’m really looking forward to this one. The stuff you guys do around this time of year is always cool and entertaining. Hell, I whipped out the Halloween decorations this weekend and plan to set em up soon.

• September 1, 2013 at 11:34 pm

Can’t Wait for Monster Madness

• erik37

September 2, 2013 at 4:04 am

Fuck its September already thx for the reminder FUCK!!!!!!!!!! lol

• September 2, 2013 at 10:22 pm

Lack of sleep slows everything down.

• DrZaius

September 3, 2013 at 3:08 am

Kick that movie’s butt, James! Can’t wait to see the next Monster Madness! I wonder what the theme will be… I’m guessing it’ll be a genre-based theme. Like just alien movies, or something.

• September 3, 2013 at 9:08 pm

Take your time, dude. Family always comes first. Glad you are doing ok!

• douglaz

September 4, 2013 at 6:56 pm

I am very excited to hear that monster madness is on the way. Love James’ reviews! Keep it up

• Ben_from_G-town

September 5, 2013 at 12:45 am

Thanks for the update. It’s unfortunate that work on the movie has stalled, but personal things do have to be taken into account, I suppose. I would say that you should just drop everything and just work on the movie, but you probably don’t want the site to stagnate with no content, either.

• September 9, 2013 at 3:25 am

How are you ever going to travel around the country showing this film with a newborn daughter. Sigh. It’s unfortunate but it probably won’t happen. πŸ™

• September 16, 2013 at 10:00 am

Shut up and take my money! Seriously, take your time and make that movie amazing!

• frostare

September 19, 2013 at 1:11 pm

YOUR BEST MM!? I cannot wait!! My favorite so far is Camp Cult, which by the way was a creative name as well, I hope Monster Madness 7 not to be called “Something-a-thon” I think we’ve had enough of those and you can come up with more creative names