The Legend of Zelda – 2nd Quest Swordless Run by Mike

Mike Matei / August 5th, 2013

(Post by Mike)

Well, right after I finished the FIRST QUEST with no sword I decided I should give the second quest a shot. (I figured I’d better do it while my skills were sharp) I start this off with the classic game code where you type in the name “Zelda” to get to the second quest immediately. This was a challenge for sure, but fun!

Second Quest (Part 1 of 4)

Second Quest (Part 2 of 4)

Second Quest (Part 3 of 4)

Second Quest (Part 4 of 4)

Comments

• Thifurious

August 5, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Did you have to break up the single video into multiple parts? It was pretty long lol :)

• August 5, 2013 at 4:44 pm

I was having trouble uploading it as one video so I broke it up.

• LauraB333

August 17, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Thank You.

• August 5, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Did your fingers start hurting like by part 3?

• Takeo Shiro

August 5, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Amazing Mike, didn’t really know that you’re such a Zelda Maniac :D
      Heh, Maniac Mike :)

Love all the stuff you and James are doing, keep up the good work!

Looking forward to some new “James & Mike Play” videos aswell :D

Regards!

Tako

• August 5, 2013 at 7:30 pm

@ROGHomeMovies – My hands never hurt doing this, no. They were killing me when I did the Mario Paint video though.

• judgen

August 5, 2013 at 6:48 pm

Sorry, this episode is temporarily unavailable. DAMNIT!

• August 5, 2013 at 7:18 pm

Wow Mike! Awesome job! I didn’t think you’d do the second quest so soon! Cheers man.

• Wally

August 5, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Hey Mike, did you mess up? There is a video on on the app that doesn’t play. I’m guessing it is not suppose to be there yet since its not on the main page or YouTube. Should be an interesting video

• August 5, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Amazing Mike :) , Just Like Awesomeness You Know.

• sloth-machine

August 5, 2013 at 9:13 pm

Heh, this is awesome. I love watching stuff like this. Mike, I know you have a full plate and requests are the last thing you want to read…but you should consider doing more Game Glitch videos in the future.

• Joker83

August 5, 2013 at 10:53 pm

Wow this is incredible, well done man.

• August 5, 2013 at 11:07 pm

Did you use a guide to help you?

• August 12, 2013 at 5:58 am

No. I’ve been playing this game since I was a kid. I just know it really well. I don’t see a problem with using a guide if you really need to though. Some of this stuff is super cryptic.

• August 5, 2013 at 11:08 pm

Also if you want a harder challenge you could try doing it without the armor and the sword.

• Dan Johnson

August 5, 2013 at 11:28 pm

you are one of the best retro gamers I’ve ever witnessed. I’ve never been able to beat the second quest of zelda much less without a sword! Good work Mike!

• August 6, 2013 at 3:18 am

I’m not willing to watch all the videos but i’ve seen bits and pieces of both quests and you seemed really skilled.
    Why know what’s a challenge? The Master Quest on Skyword Sword, the motion controls work fine until you panic a little and in the Master Quest you panic a whole lot…an hard game when you panic and gotta be precise, a bit stupid from Nintendo i gotta say. (and i say this being a total Ninty) Ocarina of Time Master Quest was hard but you gotta have really skills there, like in this (the first game in the series), so it’s all good and fair.
    Hard as concrete but fair.

• Frow

August 6, 2013 at 3:59 am

Wow, that’s awesome! I wouldn’t have the guts to even try to make a challenge like this!

• Travis McNabb

August 6, 2013 at 12:01 pm

That’s so cool you’ve been playing this. I play the game non-stop every other day and beat it endlessly. However, I never even bother with the 2nd Quest. It’s just too damn hard, lol!

• August 6, 2013 at 9:54 pm

keep doing these mike.i don’t care what anyone says,your video’s are great and i enjoy them as much as james videos.

ps.gotta do a plus for me hope that’s ok,come check out my horror site guys http://www.daddyhorror.weebly.com

• stoney_1

August 7, 2013 at 12:36 pm

WOW! That was crazy! i can never remember where any of the dungeons are lol

• Andrew Kinsey

August 7, 2013 at 7:45 pm

Awesome work Mike! This seems unreal to me seeing as the normal game still challenges the hell outta me. Watched this last night but wanted to leave a comment saying you and James are awesome.

• August 8, 2013 at 10:04 am

Am I the only one who noticed that Mike lost at the end of video 4 and then the Cinemasacre logo comes up and it ends? I didn’t watch all of the videos but I wanted to see how you beat Gannon and yeah it just ends. Are you going to release a 5th video or is it impossible?

• August 12, 2013 at 5:54 am

You can’t beat Ganon without a sword. As I said at the start of the first video, the goal in these was to MAKE IT TO GANON with no sword.

• flawn scorpion

August 10, 2013 at 5:25 am

Awesome !! Please do A Link to The Past

• August 12, 2013 at 5:57 am

Getting to the end of Link to the Past with no sword would be impossible. The game requires you to get the sword early on.

• Justin Kwapich

August 15, 2013 at 2:01 pm

I know you’re more likely to reply than James, so can you suggest him to give us a small update on his movie? I’m starting to get impatient ^_^ Thanks!

• Dirty Dom

December 2, 2013 at 1:20 am

Did playing swordless make your ass hurt like that time when you ate too much hot sauce and washed it down with some doo doo brown chocolate milk after pooping tobasco out your poop chute and getting amazingly wonderful poop-stains in your boxer shorts and toilet bowl?