Roast of AVGN

James / August 2nd, 2013

They roasted me! (But not as much as each other.) This was a special event that closed out the TooManyGames convention 2013. I’ve never been in this kind of spotlight before. It was interesting. I was speechless. Flattered, honored. All that. Thanks everybody.

Comments

• mitchman

August 2, 2013 at 8:44 pm

I was in the audience. Hadn’t laughed that hard in a long time!

• Thifurious

August 2, 2013 at 10:20 pm

I was there! It was hilarious, and just offensive enough! lol

• Jordan

August 3, 2013 at 1:19 am

Why was James even there? That wasn’t really even a roast. They were just happy to be in the same room with James.

• sidl3000

August 3, 2013 at 2:21 am

lame

• frostare

August 3, 2013 at 2:52 am

It probably happened before but this was the first time I saw James and Brent in the same room! Amazing! Too bad Mike wasn’t even shown on camera

• Sedado77

August 3, 2013 at 3:30 am

WOW! 1h long!! WOW! I Laughed soooo hard!! you rule, you’re THE NERD! :)
    Congrats and keep doing what you do best, make us laugh and think :)

• johnpseudo

August 3, 2013 at 9:07 am

Awesomely well done and clever roast ! I did enjoy it more than those shitty Shatner or Pam Anderson roasts … I loved that “I have nothing prepared, I have nothing to say” and you even got away with it, your work speaks for yourself. Good job !

• August 3, 2013 at 10:07 am

Haha! Great video! Laughed my ass off.

• Darkade

August 3, 2013 at 3:01 pm

Now that I’ve seen Stephanie again i must say WE NEED new episodes of Overanalyzers

• joliet_jane

August 3, 2013 at 8:32 pm

Agreed. I really liked that show

• Allen Lucas

August 3, 2013 at 6:30 pm

Hilarious! Keith’s mishaps were the highlight!

Plus, BEST SPEECH EVER!!!

• culwin

August 3, 2013 at 6:53 pm

Funny stuff.
    “His game is so shitty, James Rolfe is going to review it later”
    I’ll have to use that one

• Soulsower

August 3, 2013 at 7:37 pm

Enjoyable video, though disappointing that Mike didn’t participate.

• Tommi Heikkinen

August 3, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Why wasn’t this video on the front page as the new main video? Maybe Mike didn’t take those jabs taken at him too well, just like he didn’t take the criticism on his Elmo movie review very well… Anyway, this was kinda hit and miss. Brentalfloss was clearly the best, Captain S was good too, and I am a hardcore Nathan fan, so Keith was a pleasure to see as well. The guy with the ‘translator’ sucked. It must’ve been kinda painful for James to sit through this and try to look like it was all funny or enough to evoke a reaction. At times he really did seem to have a good time, though, and that was nice to see. I hope that this comment didn’t come off as too douchy. I do like Mike, so please don’t censor this comment ;) (I’m on drugs btw, just in case if none of this makes any sense).

• joliet_jane

August 3, 2013 at 8:31 pm

Holy hell that was funny. I didn’t expect it to be so good.

• joliet_jane

August 3, 2013 at 8:32 pm

Holy hell that was funny. I wasn’t expecting that roast to be so great, but it was!
    Whoever did that Don Pardo impression at the start: great job!

• August 3, 2013 at 9:33 pm

not that it matters anymore, but it would of been interesting and funny if Gilbert Gottfried showed up as the final roaster.

• August 3, 2013 at 10:29 pm

You REALLY should have contributed more. A roast where the roastee doesn’t say anything isn’t much fun.

• Tim Harrod

August 3, 2013 at 11:42 pm

How well-deserved… if it hadn’t been for this great man, James Rolfe… we might never have learned how funny Keith Apicary is. (Still in roast mentality after watching the whole thing.)

• Seigfreed2391

August 4, 2013 at 1:07 pm

Keith is a legend on youtube he is in tv commercials and as hard to believe as it is Keith is a character he created his real name is Nathan Barnatt.

• August 3, 2013 at 11:50 pm

That was a great roast.

• Seigfreed2391

August 4, 2013 at 1:06 pm

The roast was alright more awkward than funny but it was a good show.

Keith Apicary aka Nathan Barnatt was great. That guy is a legend He broke his foot During his and still continued it.
    Not very many people are that committed to a character and their fans.

• Spottedfeather

August 4, 2013 at 5:27 pm

This would have been funny if I had heard of any of these people…..

• taykel

August 4, 2013 at 6:43 pm

James is awesome!

• juggalo747

August 4, 2013 at 7:45 pm

Matt was really good.

• K6CTX

August 4, 2013 at 9:23 pm

Man, Mike (or Matt, depending on who you talk to) Matei got screwed over. I think he should have had to chance to go in front of the mic and defend his honor after those cheap shots.

• Soulsower

August 5, 2013 at 2:39 am

Agreed, but the ROB joke from Pat Contri’s video was pretty funny…Mike, we all love you man, you do a great job

• Tommi Heikkinen

August 7, 2013 at 4:03 am

Let’s remember that in roasts, people tend to go for the most obvious topics when making jokes. In Mike’s case the obvious one just happens to be something like that he is a “handyman” or whatever. It may sound unfair when put into roast jokes, but we all know that he’s a hard worker for Cinemassacre and that his boss just happens to be an internet celebrity who decided to take Mike into the public eye as well. That’s why some people view the two in a Smithers and Burns way.

• Blaze Aro

August 8, 2013 at 12:26 pm

It was Funny

• Blaze Aro

August 8, 2013 at 12:46 pm

nostalgia critics rant was epic

• August 11, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Was Keith trying to be a Foster Brooks there? Either way, made me laugh. And then YOU!! Man of few words. Thumbs up! … someones… orifice…

• August 12, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Awesome, just, Awesome

• Ben_from_G-town

August 28, 2013 at 11:54 am

That was a good roast, even though, I gotta’ admit, I didn’t know who most of those people were, either. But at least they acknowledged that and even made fun of themselves for it. Maybe there will be a better roast later on where Pat the NES Punk and other big names can actually show up. :P