Animated Interview on Doogtoons

James / May 22nd, 2013

Listen to me talk about E.T. and other things of a surreal nature in this animated interview on DoogToons. It was recorded in 2007, but the E.T. nightmare will always be with me, past, present, and future.

Comments

• Sebastien L. Wood

May 22, 2013 at 3:09 pm

LOL that was very funny to watch

• Salculd

May 22, 2013 at 3:44 pm

So, in other words, E.T. as portrayed by the Eraserhead baby.

• May 22, 2013 at 4:06 pm

that was very cool. i think some other guy animated you once as well.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRZ1SJk3p3s that was cool as well but I think i like this one better though.

• May 22, 2013 at 6:07 pm

Yeah i remember ET,i was afraid of him a litle to be honest creepy litle fellah.With that long neck and that big shiny eyes and that weird voice of his.

• May 22, 2013 at 6:34 pm

haha, that was super funny

• Mega-Otaku

May 22, 2013 at 8:28 pm

2007? Christ… i mean, i know dial up takes a long time to upload youtube videos but… my god.

• taykel

May 22, 2013 at 8:40 pm

ET threatening to kill you actually cracked me up. I never knew anybody else who had surreal dreams like that.

• Allen Lucas

May 22, 2013 at 8:42 pm

“E.T. I’m gonna kill you!” (gurgles)

Funny story about the E.T. nightmare. E.T. never scared me as a kid, but I always have nightmares about Judge Doom from Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Basically, my version of Freddy Krueger just not expecting when he’ll show up in my dreams. Luckily, I just try to think of something else and nothing will happen.

I wonder what took them so long to release an animated version of a 2007 interview in 2013? Must’ve something to do with the animation.

• May 23, 2013 at 2:28 am

“E.T. I’m gonna Kill You! GUURARARARARA!”
    Rolfe: “Ahahah…”
    Yeah, ah ah ah…fuck i’m scared.

• May 23, 2013 at 5:52 am

That was funny as hell. I would watch more of these shorts.

• May 23, 2013 at 1:50 pm

That’s really funny James and you have a nightmare about E.T.????

• culwin

May 23, 2013 at 10:25 pm

HOLY SHIT that was scary

• coolstuffoct0292

May 24, 2013 at 12:23 am

Funny

• May 24, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Now that game seems very random, but actually it has a very deep meaning when you think of it. The fact that it starts in the middle mirrors how many of James’ work focus on nostalgia, and looking into the past. As he said you either go on or spend time watching back. And the end level boss is also a metaphore for death itself, with its clocks representing the time wasted, and its being unbeatable mirrors how you can’t escape death (Unles, well, you’re God)… About the gorilla, I think… No, that’s pure random.

• May 24, 2013 at 4:11 pm

You know something? I used to be scared of ET when watching. That which scared me was his glowing heart.

• May 25, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Omg I used to have that nightmare too! My husband teases me for it. To this day aliens scare the sheet out of me, especially if they’re fast and small with long fingers and big eyes. Omfg now I’m creeping myself out :/

• May 27, 2013 at 1:52 am

If my life was a video game, it’d be one of those non-linear rpg type of games, you walk around from town to town, and you have to sleep every 14 hours, but when you wake up, you’re in a completely different part of this universe, and every time you wake up, EVERYBODY mistakes you for somebody else. And if you try to say “I’m not who you think I am” They say, “It doesn’t matter, YOU have to defeat Dr. Chatotica and his legion of mutated fire ants!” and when I ask “why me?” they say “Fuck you, bitch, that’s why!”. The final boss would be an oversized guinea pig whose only means of attack is to spit rabbits at you. He dies after one hit and the screen goes blank and says “congraturation, you have earned your rest, go fourth and prosperity”.

• Haisman3

May 27, 2013 at 8:29 pm

I loved this interview!

• June 2, 2013 at 6:36 pm

I lol’d when ET said he was going to kill him and made that awful noise he makes.

And as far as what kind of game my life would be, I think it would be an MMORPG. It’s all just a big waste of time and money running around spinning your wheels, but not really getting ahead anywhere because the “finish line” keeps getting moved further and further back.

• June 2, 2013 at 8:33 pm

This was Amazing!

• Ben_from_G-town

June 9, 2013 at 5:51 am

Animated interviews… why? I don’t get it. But, I’ll watch this one. James Rolfe content is James Rolfe content. Also, that nightmare sounds awful. I hope I don’t have it when I go to sleep, since I’ll probably be doing that soon!

• Apparition

June 12, 2013 at 12:00 pm

This was brilliantly edited and animated. I love how you look kind of paranoid and disheveled in cartoon form.

• June 12, 2013 at 2:59 pm

I must say James it’s very relieving to hear that somebody else had ET nightmares too. Mine were pretty different though: ET would try to burn me with his glowing finger. Chasing me and yelling ouch the entire time. I wonder now though what he was actually trying to do in those dreams. I guess it’s just a dream and I should leave it alone but I had those so often. I’ll never forget them. They felt so real I thought maybe he was real. I should mention these happened when I was like five, which was just a year or too after ET came out on video. I was made fun of for being scared of him, still people poke fun at it. I think though these dreams are what fueled my equal parts fascination and fear I’ve had with aliens my entire life. I’m guessing that making a movie about ET with an ET like character in it must be an interesting challenge for you.