Little Nerd

James / May 12th, 2013

A couple weeks ago, my daughter was born. I don’t always share my personal things with the rest of the world, but it’s such a big deal, I can’t hold back anymore. The kind and thoughtful comments from people who visit my site make me feel welcome to share these things. There’s no way to tell if the baby will grow up wanting to be internet famous or not, so I’m keeping this story a little vague.

Honestly, this is one of the hardest things I’ve ever tried to write. I can’t find the right words. I don’t know if I should lean more towards the positive or negative, but let’s just say there’s been some obstacles. My wife did everything right during the pregnancy and is the most responsible mother in the world. Everything went fine up until the birth, when some complications happened.

Childbirth is worse than any horror movie. It’s a roll of the dice. For some, it goes smoothly. For others, it’s a disaster. Our experience came somewhere in-between. The good news is that we’re all home and safe now. My wife and baby are the most important things in the world to me, and it’s top priority that I look after them.

baby-girl-WEB

She’s sleepy.

Comments

• May 12, 2013 at 11:58 pm

I’m glad everything’s okay! Focus on the baby, the movie can wait. Congrats! :)

• May 12, 2013 at 11:59 pm

Big congratulations to you and your family, James. I’m glad to hear that your wife and daughter and home safe and sound.

And you are completely right about childbirth. It really is a roll of the dice. I’m so glad your story didn’t end in tragedy.

I wish you and your family all the best!

• May 13, 2013 at 12:10 am

Congrats, man! I’m happy for you and your wife. Hopefully all will be ok with the Little Nerd. From personal experience that had to do with my own birth (long story but the umbilical cord wrapped around my neck during birth and they thought my brain had been deprived of oxygen for too long leading to life long consequences) I know how hard it can be, but I turned out alright and positive thoughts are being sent to you and yours.

• June 1, 2013 at 11:06 pm

Same thing happened to me, the doctor was rushing to unwrap it from around my neck, I had spent most of my time on my mothers side and she had no idea why. She said one day I was just fighting in there and finally wiggled and settle in the front like I should be. I sometimes wonder if my mental problems are to blame, I have issues with anger and depression.

• May 13, 2013 at 12:11 am

Congrats James! Raise her to be awesome like you!

• May 13, 2013 at 12:14 am

Congratulations! A million blessings to you all!

• May 13, 2013 at 12:15 am

Congrats!

• Jahson Linares

May 13, 2013 at 12:27 am

Congrats, your daughter is beautiful.

• May 13, 2013 at 1:32 pm

As someone who’s been an uncle for almost half a year now and whose sister also had a rough patch in the birth and the initial months, I got to say… Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Nerd :) So very happy, radiant for you two. If you keep the bad games away from her, pamper her and coddle her, share the same kind of love and dedication that you have for games and films with her and you’ll be just fine :)

Oh, and let your kitties play with her when she grows older! Kitties and babies make all better!

• virilevocalist

May 13, 2013 at 8:55 pm

CONGRATULATIONS JAMES!!!

• tuknrolle

May 13, 2013 at 12:28 am

This is awesome. Congrats to you and your wonderful family!

• May 13, 2013 at 12:31 am

Well, congratulations on your little “Nerdlette”, and I’m glad that she and your wife are both okay.

• Quamame

May 13, 2013 at 12:32 am

Awesome news James!

• You Can Just Walk Over It

May 13, 2013 at 12:32 am

Complications are bad and we wouldn’t know what was going on if you never wrote this, let alone let yourself be known to the world almost a decade ago. Your family has the entire legion of Cinemassacre fan’s support, so congratulations, Happy Mother’s Day, and best wishes that things are developing well after the birth.

I know I’m not the only one who enjoyed learning more about your Halloween traditions and random food things from Mrs. Nerd, so hopefully Little Nerd’s exploits will be known in the years to come.

• timthemovieguy

May 13, 2013 at 12:42 am

Congrats to you and your wife James! Glad to hear your wife and daughter made it home safe and sound. I wish you guys the best and hope the future holds many great things for your family.

• EndlessEight

May 13, 2013 at 12:46 am

CONGLATURATION !!!
    YOU HAVE ACHIEVED
    A GREAT GOAL.

AND PROOVED THE FAMILY
    OF OUR CULTURE.

NOW GO LIVE LIKE A WINDRAMMER AS YOU…

I am so glad that you have a healthy baby! It makes me happy to hear that all of you are safe and home despite little trouble. I wish you and your family the happiness.

• May 13, 2013 at 12:47 am

James, I’ve been visiting your site for years and never had the urge to comment until today. Congratulations to you and your family. I can only imagine how awesome it will be for you to introduce your daughter to your collection of movies and games.

Best regards.

• Spottedfeather

May 13, 2013 at 12:51 am

You just HAVE to dress her up like the AVGN. I can just imagine her little white dress shirt and pocket protector and her teeny little glasses….

• May 13, 2013 at 12:53 am

She’s going to be in video game/movie heaven! Congrats James!

I can imagine a AVGN spinoff in 15 years or so
    “She’s the angry… video game.. chiiick”

• Lukas Sprehn

May 13, 2013 at 2:07 pm

No, please no XD

• Lukas Sprehn

May 13, 2013 at 2:07 pm

“The Son of the Fucking Nerd”

• patlefort

May 13, 2013 at 6:14 pm

James’s gonna have to make her play current shitty games so she can rage about them in 15 years.

• etkar

May 15, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Not mentioning any names *cough* Aliens: Colonial Marines *cough*.

• May 13, 2013 at 12:56 am

congrats james and happy mothers day to mrs nerd!

• LicaWolf

May 13, 2013 at 1:13 am

Aww! It’s a beautiful baby girl :)

You usually keep your private life private, so I figured you were not going to say much, but I admit I was hoping you will at least let us know everything went all right. I’m glad to hear that, despite complications, you are all safe at home now.

Internet famous or not, I’m sure she’ll be as awesome as her dad :)

Congratulations to you and your wife!

• May 13, 2013 at 1:17 am

I am so happy for you guys. I wish all the best for your family and your baby girl. Your one of my favorite directors due to the passion for film making and the creative energy you show in your videos. I had the pleasure of meeting your wife as an extra on the AVGN movie she was very nice and loving to all the extras there on the set. Based on the small impressions I have had when meeting both of you i am certain she will make a great mother and you a great father. And although I am really looking forward to the AVGN movie more than a Tarantino or Miyazaki Film, Family comes first and I can wait a little longer.

All the best Jeromy from California

• MadHitz

May 13, 2013 at 1:18 am

Awesome! Congrats to you both!

• Alex Howard

May 13, 2013 at 1:21 am

James I’ve followed you for almost my whole life and I couldn’t be more happier for you right now, congratultions and good luck.

• Tim Harrod

May 13, 2013 at 1:32 am

Congratulations, James! I trust you’ll figure out a way to get her into a Nerd video that doesn’t traumatize her. (A general guideline: don’t have Bugs Bunny in the video)

• DavidARice

May 13, 2013 at 1:40 am

I am so happy for you. What is her name?

• Alex Groshans

May 13, 2013 at 1:52 am

Congrats James! Sounds like it was pretty scary experience. Glad to hear all is well. I’ve been watching your videos for years, and I feel comfortable saying I think you’ll be a great father! Good luck!

• greedo

May 13, 2013 at 2:00 am

Hey James, Congrats! She’s a beautiful kid! I’m sure she’ll up and walking and throwing F bombs in no time! :) JK. Congrats again, you must be thrilled. I’m sure that you two will be very busy changing diapers, feeding, and the like. Welcome to the most challenging- and interesting- project of your life! Have a good one!

• bleed0range

May 13, 2013 at 2:02 am

Congratulations x 1,000,000 … hope all is well and stays well with your new addition to your family!

• May 13, 2013 at 2:36 am

Glad to hear it, James (can i call you that?) I’ve been a fan of yours for 4 years now, but this is the first comment I’ve ever made on this page.

That kid will have an awesome, video game filled, childhood, no doubt.

• xdeathknightx

May 13, 2013 at 3:07 am

Hey James congrats dude! I am glad that in the end it all turned out well and that your wife and daughter are doing great.

I am sure you will be great parents and we all know how much responsibility a child is. So you go take care of your girls :)

• May 13, 2013 at 3:10 am

Conglaturation!!
    To quote Guile from Street Fighter II:
    Now go home and be a family man!

• Ammon Bailey

May 13, 2013 at 3:31 am

Congratulations to you and your family, James.

• curiousgyorg

May 13, 2013 at 3:35 am

So happy you can let us, your fans, really be allowed to feel like part of the Rolfe family too. I wish your family all the happiness in the world.

• kadaverik

May 13, 2013 at 3:49 am

Congratulations. The best days of your life lies ahead of you now, being a father is the best thing that happened to me. I’m so glad for the three of you.

• Levynbass

May 13, 2013 at 3:56 am

I had to make a users account here just to be able to say this. Congratulations and the best of luck to all three of you! You set a great example for the rest of us hoping to build a family someday. Keep it up and don’t let the videomaking come between you and them. We, your fans, can be patient!

• May 13, 2013 at 4:15 am

I wish i was his son but then again i would missed out on many generation of videogames.

• Mr_Nabby

May 13, 2013 at 4:40 am

Ohhhh, congrats!

Best wishes to all three of you!

• Frow

May 13, 2013 at 5:07 am

Congratulations, to James and your family!

• Jack Heffernan

May 13, 2013 at 5:11 am

Congrats James! I wish you and your family the best

• May 13, 2013 at 5:15 am

Good for you man. I hope that the complications you mentioned aren’t too serious. I’m sure she will love all the video and board games you have in your house.

• Kano777

May 13, 2013 at 5:16 am

Congratulations, Mr and Mrs Nerd! :D

And don’t worry, there were some complications at my birth too, and I turned out all right (for the most part :P ). So yeah, it’ll be fine. :)

• May 13, 2013 at 5:26 am

Awww congrats guys, I’m happy for you both…correction happy for all three of you :-) Have fun with the lack of sleep though

• Topper Harley

May 13, 2013 at 5:35 am

Conglaturation James!

I wish you and your family all the best! It’s nice to see you happy beyond all one’s wishes.

Keep it up Angry Nerd, Miss Nerd and Little Nerd. :)

• Entrenaturaleza

May 13, 2013 at 5:42 am

Congtrats you two! you ll be very happy youll see :)

• May 13, 2013 at 6:12 am

How wonderful! Best of wishes to you and your new family!

• Rick

May 13, 2013 at 6:23 am

aw’…James :3 that’s precious… And I’m so happy for you, man. You’re my darn idol, you deserve this…congrats!

• Snejku

May 13, 2013 at 6:56 am

Like Ash would say: Groovy.

Congratulations, hope she’s healthy.

• Connor Lefevers

May 13, 2013 at 6:56 am

the Nerd is a daddy (:

• May 13, 2013 at 7:13 am

James, the happiness of child birth can only be unserstand by people who lived through it. It’s both an horror movie and a feel good movie. The present seems horrible, but tommorow you’ll remember good memories and probably laugh at some that seemed terrible at the moment.

Protect these treasures more than anything else as this is your legacy. What you will give to the world while you will fade away one day. Movie disapear and are forgotten. But your childrens and their childrens will stay.

Congrats James. Wish you the best. You deserve it.

• FluffyPanda

May 13, 2013 at 7:22 am

Beautiful. Sorry to hear about the complications, I feel amazingly lucky when I think about how smoothly my two sons entered the world (though my wife would probably disagree…)

It’s the best feeling in the world to be a father. Make sure you take the time you need to enjoy it fully – you will not believe how quickly time is going to pass from now on.

• Jakon

May 13, 2013 at 7:22 am

Congrats!
    I hope you 3 had a wonderful mothers day and holy cow I think the baby already resembles James as a kid.

• Joker83

May 13, 2013 at 7:44 am

So awesome man. congrats a thousand times over-

• Kalablade

May 13, 2013 at 7:56 am

Congratulations to you and your wife James, she’s adorable! And you are totally right about child birth. During the birth of my little boy, there were complications and the emotions I felt were indescribable. Glad to hear everything is going well now :)

• Shade

May 13, 2013 at 8:08 am

Congratz and I’m glad the missus and baby are OK.
    Treasure every moment you can with your daughter as time flies by so much quicker when you have a kid.

• May 13, 2013 at 8:21 am

Any guesses as the how old the kid’ll be when she needs her first pair or glasses?

Seriously though, congrats to all!

• Ben_from_G-town

May 13, 2013 at 8:30 am

Hi James! It’s unfortunate about the complications and difficulties, but I’m glad to hear that everything turned out okay in the end! Congratulations on your new daughter! I hope things continue to go as well as they have so far.

• mike blake

May 13, 2013 at 8:48 am

Congratulations James, glad everything went okay in the end. This kid is going to have an awesome 80′s style childhood I imagine :P

• May 13, 2013 at 8:55 am

What a beautiful family…well at least the wife and baby anyway! Congrats James, I have been a long time fan of yours and wish you and yours the best.

• May 13, 2013 at 9:11 am

Congratulations on a healthy, beautiful daughter, James and Mrs. Nerd. i hope you enjoy fatherhood. Just think of all the great things you have to look forward to.. she’ll be cursing out shitty Nintendo games just like her dad before you know it, lol

• May 13, 2013 at 9:14 am

Congrats James!! Glad everything turned out well in the end!

• kyle Rusinek

May 13, 2013 at 9:21 am

Big congrats new dad myself and its the greatest feeling in the world i hope your both ok and look forward to AVGN jr episodes lol and dont forget to get as much rest as you both can because you reach a new level of tiredness

• May 13, 2013 at 9:29 am

She’s beautiful. Great optimistic smile there, Mr. Rolfe.

Hope nothing but the best for your family. I can imagine it’s weird sharing it on the internet, but thank you for sharing something outside of character. Congratulations. :)

• May 13, 2013 at 9:30 am

Congratulations James. Good to hear you, your wife and daughter are all okay! Cheers!

• alexm626

May 13, 2013 at 9:30 am

Congratulations James and to your family, I’m happy for you guys :D

• May 13, 2013 at 9:31 am

Congratulations dude and all the best and well wishes from Singapore !!!!!!! Nerd Power !!!!!

• May 13, 2013 at 9:33 am

Conglaturation !!! I wish you all the best.

• ninonybox

May 13, 2013 at 9:36 am

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Nerd!

• FINjoke

May 13, 2013 at 9:36 am

I’m glad that everything’s OK =) but I have a question and hope that it isn’t inappropriate: Are you going to teach him to swear as much as you? Congrats from Finland! =D

• May 13, 2013 at 9:37 am

Congrats Nerd. So very happy for you!

• Shawneth

May 13, 2013 at 9:38 am

Oh my God.. Would have never pictured this watching you 5 years ago. Congratz!

• Troy Poling

May 13, 2013 at 9:39 am

Congratulations James! Nothing like having a daughter to brighten your world. My own daughter was born on March 10, 2013…and there were many complications for us. Her original due date was May 14, 2013 so we had her about 10 weeks early. We spent a month almost everyday in the NICU visiting her, talking to her, crying and praying. Now she’s home with us and perfectly healthy! :) The world is brighter for fathers with their daughters.

• Josh Smedley

May 13, 2013 at 9:44 am

Congrats man, glad the baby and the mom made it through.

• May 13, 2013 at 9:45 am

Congrats for the three of you. The only thing thats missing in the picture above are tiny glasses for your little princess to look like you two. God bless your family.

• Hank Foreman

May 13, 2013 at 9:46 am

Congratulations! May your family’s future be bright!

• May 13, 2013 at 9:46 am

Best wishes James, Mrs. Rolfe, and the little nerd (she’s so precious :) ).

• ran88

May 13, 2013 at 9:52 am

Congrats James! What’s the new little nerd’s name?

• May 13, 2013 at 9:53 am

congratulations man hope your kid grows up to be as much of a movie fan as you

• May 13, 2013 at 9:54 am

good stuff james.

• May 13, 2013 at 9:58 am

AWW! Congratulations James! She is so adorable! You will be a great daddy! ^_^

• May 13, 2013 at 9:59 am

Conglaturations! Best wishes to you all :D

• Classic_Horror_Junkie87

May 13, 2013 at 9:59 am

Congrats Nerd!
    Good luck to you and your family!

• May 13, 2013 at 10:01 am

May your first child be a masculine child.

• HighKing

May 13, 2013 at 10:03 am

Congratulations :D I have a 3 week old son myself and I can relate to the childbirth experience, it is quite scary. Take good care and enjoy the sleepless nights :D

• Sakura4anime25

May 13, 2013 at 10:03 am

Awww congrats! What’s her name? ^_^

• Bloodhavoc

May 13, 2013 at 10:05 am

Congratz to the Rolfe Clan! but um…. if her birthday is on the day i think it is, she may be sharing her birthday with my daughter, who turned 1 on the 26th :)

• encey

May 13, 2013 at 10:10 am

CONGRATS and cheers to the Nerd family — glad everything came out alright (pun intended). You all look great! Here’s hoping to as much sleep as you can find.

• Mister Buckethead

May 13, 2013 at 10:15 am

Congratulations from France to you both.
    I’m not old enough to tell, but i think having a child is a major step in one’s life and i wish you a lot of happiness but also a lot of courage to deal with all the difficulties that you will have to face, because it is never easy. But i think it’s worth it. Congratulations again ! :)

By the way, does she have a name yet ?

• Dawid Gąsiowski

May 13, 2013 at 10:19 am

Congrats James!

• WollyTheWolf

May 13, 2013 at 10:33 am

Congrats! Mr. and Mrs. Rolfe! :)

• DaringJedi

May 13, 2013 at 10:35 am

Congrats! I’m sorry to hear there were complications but I’m relieved that you’re all home safely now. By all means, take care of family first. The movie, while greatly anticipated, is not as important as your family. Thank you for sharing. :)

• May 13, 2013 at 10:45 am

Big congrats from us over here in the UK, she is beautiful xx

• Alex Myose

May 13, 2013 at 10:47 am

Congratulations on your baby! Good luck and good job!

• May 13, 2013 at 10:48 am

Congratulations, buddy. She’s absolutely gorgeous.

• May 13, 2013 at 10:52 am

Congrats James!

• May 13, 2013 at 10:52 am

What a cute family!!! Congrats to you both! :)

• Firelord Lionheart

May 13, 2013 at 10:53 am

Congrats, James. She’s a beautiful baby. Teach her well in the noble art of gaming.

• Amanda M.

May 13, 2013 at 11:00 am

Aw, she’s absolutely adorable, James. :D Congrats to you and Mrs. Nerd, I have no doubt in my mind that you’ll be one of the most awesome fathers on this planet. Again, congratulations and hope you all are feeling well. ^^

• GeorgeCt79

May 13, 2013 at 11:08 am

Congratulations PAPA and Mama Nerd. :) I’m so happy for you. I wish you all a happy and healthy life. Take good care of each other. Like you said James, Family is top Priority. Cherish every moment with them. Again. Congratulations. :)

• Lukas Sprehn

May 13, 2013 at 11:09 am

Congratulations on the little nerdy girl. I hope that you will be able to get her interested in some of you and your wife’s interests and show her the wonders of film and fiction and of course music :) All the best to you and your family James!

• May 13, 2013 at 11:09 am

BTW, a complicated childbirth is the first of many curveballs your children will throw at you. I really hope to see pictures of her later on, I know you guys like to keep private, but I love babies, and I am a big fan too! :)

• May 13, 2013 at 11:26 am

Congratulations! Take care of your child, everything else can wait! :o ) Any fan who disagrees isn’t thinking straight!

• stoney_1

May 13, 2013 at 11:27 am

All the best to the Nerd familily! :)

• cathy roland

May 13, 2013 at 11:28 am

I have 4 of my own and let me tell you that the older they get they still make you feel young if you learn to adapt with them, i learn alot from mine….and today at 40 I’m what you call a google, wikipedia mom!! If i dont know the answer i know where to find it unlike my parents did, remember no internet. Plus they are the ones got me hooked on youtube and i watch that more than tv. You are my favorite because you are a story teller first. What a lucky gal to have you as a Dad to tell stories to her!!! Best Wishes and Good Luck!!!

• vitekr

May 13, 2013 at 11:28 am

Congratulations James and MRS! Fuck all this internet shit for awhile bro, take care of the family. Your fans will be here when you are ready.

• Uncle Sporkums

May 13, 2013 at 11:48 am

I am SO happy for you and your family, James! I’m glad that everything turned out okay. Congratulations and have a very happy life with your wonderful new child.

• May 13, 2013 at 11:53 am

Congratulations to you and your wife, James. I’m glad to hear you’re past the complications.

• May 13, 2013 at 12:12 pm

my best wishes to all your family James, you have give so much joy to all of us who follow you and support the amazing things that come out of your head that I can only say that my though goes to your family to have a very happy life together.

my best wishes,

Nico Tagle aka Blakynt

• May 13, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Congrats, James!

• darkknightdetec

May 13, 2013 at 12:23 pm

So is she going to star in the next Nerd video?

• NoisyPanther

May 13, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Congratulations, James and Mrs. Nerd!

• KT Koskela

May 13, 2013 at 12:24 pm

:D Oh, most joyous of days!

• darkknightdetec

May 13, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Congratulations!

• russiancthulhu

May 13, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Congratulations!
    I’m sure you’ll be the best dad ever. This baby will definetly get all the love and entertainment that she deserves and that you and your wife can easily provide.
    Long live the Nerd Family !

• Tom Blake

May 13, 2013 at 12:30 pm

James, you are such a nice person that your fans sincerely want the best for you. From one father to amother, and from a fan to a creator, congratulations.

• May 13, 2013 at 12:36 pm

My family has suffered many complicated births, saying it’s a roll of the dice is probably the best analogy for it.
    Congratulations, James, it’s a real sign of maturity on your part for keeping all of this private, I really respect you for that.

And now, I’m going to blubber like an idiot for a while.

OHMAIGOD, LOOK AT THE BABY. SHE’S SO CUTE.

EVERYONE, JUST DROP WHAT YOU’RE DOING AND LOOK AT HER.

• May 13, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Repent repent!!! The end is nigh!!! The first born of the AVGN is here and shall bring order 2 the new world!!!!! All hail all hail!!!!!!!!!!!

• May 13, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Congratulations! You bring my daughter and I a lot of joy with your videos. It’s a wonderful feeling when you find a connection with your children. I’m so glad you have the opportunity to feel it, too. You have a beautiful family.

• May 13, 2013 at 12:40 pm

It is always good that things went out well at the end, congratulations to you and your wife for your adorable baby! :D :D

• lockex007

May 13, 2013 at 12:44 pm

Congratulations James to you and your family. I hope that your wife and newborn daughter are doing well. :)

• Retr0Hedgehog97

May 13, 2013 at 12:46 pm

James, in the past four years or so that I’ve been following you I’ve learnt a lot. Your span of film knowledge astounds me and you’ve been such a huge inspiration throughout my life. I’m very happy for you both, I’m sure you’ll me an excellent dad! Congrats again man! :)

• May 13, 2013 at 12:59 pm

Had to comment on this, so very, VERY happy for you James. I’ve been a big fan of yours for years and it’s nice to see you finally add another accomplishment to your list. I wish you and your family the best of luck and even more wishes for the baby’s health! You deserve it, and keep up the great work! We’re always with you Nerd!!!!! =D

• May 13, 2013 at 1:07 pm

Forget about the movie for the time being and just concentrate on being a daddy and husband for a while, your daughter is adorable and it is best you take care of them and dote on your little girl for a while before worrying about any movie.

Congrats on the birth and I am glad everything is alright with the two.

• Lukas Sprehn

May 13, 2013 at 2:05 pm

With an actual crew working on it that might not be possible though, I fear. I dunno really. But even I do think that he should take a holiday to be with the daughter and the wife.

• Lukas Sprehn

May 13, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Or rather, it wouldn’t be possible to forget about it… whatever. Congrats to James again :D

• May 13, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Awesome news Congratulations Mr and Mrs Rolfe, good too see your wife and your daughter safe :)

• zorathegeek

May 13, 2013 at 1:19 pm

James, I am so happy to hear of your daughter’s birth, and very relieved that Mommy and Baby are doing fine!! (and both look beautiful, by the way. =D) Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful news with us, and it goes without saying that Mommy and Baby DEFINITELY come first, so please don’t worry about AVGN or the movie or anything but your family. You aren’t letting us down, and you’re certainly not our dancing grinder monkey either. XP Take care, love and good health/wishes to you and yours. ~Zora

• bahamutt99

May 13, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Congratulations! You guys looks so happy, I’m envious. :)

• relapse808

May 13, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Fatherhood is great. Prepare to be come the “Angry Video Game Insomniac”

• sZachr

May 13, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Congrats, James! You all deserve the very best.

• Brad Cunningham

May 13, 2013 at 1:33 pm

Congratulations James! My wife and I are stoked for you guys! You guys are in for the ride of your lives, and it’s one of the best rides out there. Just keep laughing, take it in stride, surround that kid with love, make it up as you go, and all will fall into place (still learning with my 3 yr old). Again, congrats to you and Mrs. Nerd, keep on loving each other and life will rock! (PS, I am with you on childbirth being worse than a horror movie, it really sucks…must be the fact you are personally involved. Glad your family is home and safe!)

• 00bam

May 13, 2013 at 1:44 pm

im glad for you now you need to play some more shitty games ok

• Haisman3

May 13, 2013 at 1:53 pm

Congratulations James, I wish you and your family the best from the bottom of my heart!!! I’ve been your fan for a very long time, and I’m really happy for you!!! Now you know how it feels to take care of “baby Moses” :P hahahaha :D

• kingrat2314

May 13, 2013 at 2:10 pm

Congratulations you two, I’m sure you’ll be amazing parents.

• dakaarts

May 13, 2013 at 2:24 pm

A new legend was born!
    Can’t wait to see what clothes of videogame characters you might buy her! :D

• May 13, 2013 at 2:26 pm

No matter how well you prepare for things, you will never be able to prepare for all of them. Sometimes medical problems will arise when you least expect it. That’s why it’s exceptionally important that women give birth at a hospital so that the proper actions can be taken by the doctors. I’m glad everything is okay now. Congrats on becoming a dad, James. I hope that everything goes beautifully from this point forward. :)

• disrupture

May 13, 2013 at 2:27 pm

I am sincerely happy for all of your family, all my love to you guys.

• May 13, 2013 at 2:37 pm

This is such a lovely story with a beautiful picture to go with it. Congratulations and all the best to you and your family!

• May 13, 2013 at 2:43 pm

I wish you luck in raising your new daughter. I hope you’ll introduce her to some great classic video games along with some new ones for years to come. And someday she will appreciate having a cool dad like you. Anyways congrats on you and your wife.

• May 13, 2013 at 2:53 pm

congrats!!!!!!

• May 13, 2013 at 2:59 pm

It’s very cool that you have such a massive video timeline of your life growing up as a child and making amateur films, to your current role as a father of your newborn daughter and husband to a very supporting wife. I just know 20-30 years from now Criterion will have your work with the best bonus features ever. Good luck to the Rolfe family! You are like family to those of us that have been watching your films since the beginning on youtube. What a wonderful ride it’s been and will become.

• Dean Mortiboy

May 13, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Congrats to Mr and Mrs Rolfe on a successful child birth and I with the entire Rolfe family happiness on this ‘Rad’ occasion

DeanDude

• May 13, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl! :D

• May 13, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Hey Congrats on the new little addition to your family! I understand the horror you’re talking about and have experienced something similar. When my sister gave birth to my nephew, she experienced a lot of complications. My nephew was born with severe scoliosis and had to have surgery right when he was born (his esophagus was connected to his lungs rather than his stomach and he couldn’t swallow). Needless to say, when my sister was rushed into the ICU for an emergency C section, my heart dropped. I wasn’t sure what was going to happen, but thankfully both of them were ok. While my nephew will have to undergo surgeries until he’s about 15, I am happy that he is ok. No matter what happens in life, I hope you cherish every moment you have with your wife and your new baby. :) Congrats!!! Here’s the link to read my nephew’s story if you’re interested: http://www.toledoblade.com/Medical/2007/01/07/Novel-surgery-saves-life-of-boy-with-curved-spine.html

• May 13, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Congrats, James! There is nothing in the world more important than family. I completely agree with everyone on here: focus on family and don’t worry about us! We always have the older videos to go back and keep us entertained. Congrats again!

• Rosthouse

May 13, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Congratulations to you and your family, James.

That girl is going to have a great time growing up, with all the awesome things you hide in your basement :D

• Shiini

May 13, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Congratulations to you three James !

• Vulcan Assassin

May 13, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Congratulations to you and your wife, from a fan since the 1st AVGN Episode. You look very proud in that photo, as you should be!

• Blade LaVigne

May 13, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Wow, James I must say congratulations man. Can’t wait for the movie!!!

• May 13, 2013 at 3:32 pm

Oh man, I am so happy for you and your wife! Congratulations! Best wishes to all of you!

• Tristan Lee

May 13, 2013 at 3:34 pm

Congratulations! Take care and thank you for all the laughs, inspiration,and hours of entertainment. From one nerd to another you rock!

• Matthew reilly

May 13, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Congrats James best of luck to you I’m sure you will be a great dad and be sure to teach her about the classical games and movies liek you taught us

• May 13, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Congratulations! Its a relief that both your wife and child are doing well. After all the time spent creating, you two finally have your greatest creation. Best wishes to you all. Here’s to a happy new beginning.

• taykel

May 13, 2013 at 3:43 pm

The baby is so cute. I am crying tears of happiness. Have you given her a name yet? Congratulations James and Mrs. Nerd!

• angela misserville

May 13, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Congrats to you and your wife!!! My husband and I are proud parents of our 15 month old son. My pregnancy was perfectly normal up until the labor. Two days after my due date I was induced. We were planning on a normal birth but we also had complications. Twice our son’s heart beat fell way under the normal range. We had to have an emergency c-section. He had his umbilical cord wrapped around his neck three times but he ended up perfect. Enjoy that little angel, they grow up so fast. Sending much love from my family to yours!

• May 13, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Congratulations to you both! I truly wish for a long and happy life to the three of you. The Nerd Family

• marc_lawson

May 13, 2013 at 3:57 pm

Wow I am so happy! That is one lucky kid and she’s making the nerd frown!

• May 13, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Congrats James On a healthy baby. I am glad that you, your wife and your daughter are all fine. Hope to see some more exciting and cool stuff from you. maybe the litter nerd can be in it too.

• Nikk

May 13, 2013 at 4:02 pm

Congrats on parenthood to both of you! :)

• Reid

May 13, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Congratulations James and April! One day she will learn the ways of the Nerd! (hopefully)

• Otowi

May 13, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Gongrataulations Jeames. Good too hear that everything went well in the end. What a beautiful daughter you have. Children are precious, so take care of her and you wife.

Happy wishes from Norway :)

• Otowi

May 13, 2013 at 4:34 pm

Argh! Why do you hate me so, stupid typo monster??

Meant Congratulations offcourse. And I got you name wrong too :(

• Alexandre Pelletier

May 13, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Congrats, to you and your wife, James,take care of them, we can still wait for the AVGN movie. My best wishes from Montreal.

• May 13, 2013 at 4:27 pm

I’m happy to hear the good news! Congratulations to all of you!

• Connor Mcloughlin

May 13, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Congrats on becoming a dad for the first time! Glad everything is OK now! You will be a brilliant dad and I can’t wait for the movie!!

• May 13, 2013 at 4:32 pm

Congratulations! Best wishes for you and your family, I’m sure everything will be fine from now on! :)

• PhenomenalX

May 13, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Congrats to both of you, and I agree with you James. Family always comes first. I hope you don’t end up putting too much pressure on yourself to get projects done too quickly. My best wishes to you, the Mrs., and your newest addition.

• The Afroman

May 13, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Deeply I know truly that your family will be alright Congratulations on your little baby girl. You have TheAfroVideoGamer’s blessing. ;D Do what you need to do, you’re the worlds favorite nerd!

• May 13, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Congratulations! Hope everything goes well for you.

• flippythemaster

May 13, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Congrats! Great to see everyone’s there safe.

• May 13, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Congratulations James on becoming a father! I’m glad to hear everything went well. Your daughter is adorable and looks just like you. I wish you and your family the best of luck!

• May 13, 2013 at 5:03 pm

As one of the backers of the movie (although I’m sure many of the other commentors are as well) I want to say take as much time as you need with your family. As much as we all love and are eager for nerd videos and the movie, you family is absolutely more important. Congratulations on your daughter’s health and safety.

• May 13, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Congradulations, James! You’ll be the coolest Dad ever!

• laser

May 13, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Glad to hear the news. :)

• 16bitMJ

May 13, 2013 at 5:18 pm

Registered quite simply to say congratulations, James and Mrs Rolfe. This has certainly brightened an otherwise rubbish couple of days. Take care of them buddy, we all know you will.

• Valis77

May 13, 2013 at 5:24 pm

AVGG or AVGC?

• May 13, 2013 at 5:29 pm

Gratulations!
    I am glad that everything is fine now :)
    But cant wait to see her first “Nerd” episode XD

• May 13, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Wishing your new family the absolute best!

• Leah

May 13, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. What a beautiful family you have and I am glad that though there were some complications, things are going a bit more smoothly for you now. That’s one lucky little girl because we can all already tell what responsible and caring parents you will be! All the best wishes for you and your child’s future.

• VizionX

May 13, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Conglaturations James. I see she has already mastered the nerd frown. I’ve been a long time fan but have never registered to your site. But I had to sign-up to wish you and your family the best. Keep up the great work.

• Roth Sothy

May 13, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Welcome to the world, Little Nerd! \:D/

• Crisis_Charlie

May 13, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Congratulations James, you will be an awesome Dad.

• maximusprimate

May 13, 2013 at 5:43 pm

So glad to hear that everything is okay. Now you’re the Angery Video Game DAD!!

Congrats.

• May 13, 2013 at 5:44 pm

Congratulations! Very sweet picture. Strangely enough, your experience sounds similar to mine…I gave birth to my first child (a girl) just two weeks ago on April 28. The pregnancy went perfectly and our birth plan was set for an unmedicated natural delivery but there were complications the day of and after 30 hours of labor, we were forced to get an epidural and do a C-section which was one of the hardest things I had to relent to, but the baby’s heart rate was decelerated with every contraction. Turns out the cord had wrapped around her neck and it was a few days before the baby was able to breathe on her own. Scariest few days of my life and I’m sure it was even scarier for my husband. I’m glad everything turned out okay for you and your family!

• May 13, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Congrats to you James. You and your wife will make great parents. Focus right now on your daughter. Happy Future to you and your family.

• amberh

May 13, 2013 at 6:03 pm

Congratulations!!! I just had our son a month ago, and he surprised us by coming a month early to the day. I know what you mean about the in-between labor–mine was incredibly swift and I had an oxygen mask on for a period of time. His heart rate kept dropping at the end of contractions. Thankfully he and my husband and I are doing excellent, and he was released a week after his birth. Congrats again, and enjoy your little girl! :)

• Kanger

May 13, 2013 at 6:20 pm

Congratulations!

• elcalvo

May 13, 2013 at 6:22 pm

Congratulations James. Keep the little nerd away from shitty games.

• Raseph

May 13, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Good thing you’ve already played all the shitty games that suck ass so she doesn’t have to!

Gratz man! Looking forward to hearing more about your endeavors.

• May 13, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Congratulations to you, James, and your wife. I’m glad to hear the baby’s healthy and safe. Nerd dad!

• May 13, 2013 at 6:29 pm

The end is what matters, and she looks healthy to me, unless you are holding some info back about her.

But if she has no health issues that will affect her life, sounds to me like it’s all good news, in which case you should be very, very grateful.

• May 13, 2013 at 6:31 pm

Conglaturations !!!

You Have Birthed A Great Child.

And Prooved The Justice Of Your Culture.

Now Go And Rest Our Heroes !

• ugaboo finkenstaedt

May 13, 2013 at 6:38 pm

well james,
    we are all very happy for you
    you baby is very cute and you have a great wife i bet ^_^
    i think most of us know-well i know that videos will not be posted for a while due to your child.Thats fine of corse we all know you have a life besides videos so life the good life and have a good time with your little girl

• Ken Iti Sonoda

May 13, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Congratulations, James!

• May 13, 2013 at 6:49 pm

Congrats James :)

• May 13, 2013 at 6:51 pm

James, and Mrs. Rolfe, I congratulate you on your little bundle of joy. I am sorry to hear about the complications. When my brother and his wife had their first kid about a year ago, they had complications when my sis-in-law went to give birth. The Dr.s told them, their kid would be a vegetable. What a terrifying thing to hear about your first child. A year later, and my nephew is a normal baby. Please think of this and don’t worry until you KNOW. I don’t know what’s gonna happen to the AVGN now; kinda hard to be angry when you have so much to be happy for. ;)

• raziel

May 13, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Congratulations from Heidelberg, Germany!

• MetalHorrorNES

May 13, 2013 at 7:31 pm

Absolutely beautiful man. I more than understand where you’re coming from w/ this. I went through it last July and it’s worth every minute. I still feel like it was yesterday personally and now my daughter is almost a year old! It freaking flies by man! Enjoy it! There is NOTHING like it! Glad to hear all is well. Best of luck! I’m off to out mine to sleep now! ;)

• Dénes Takács

May 13, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Hi James, I’ve been your fan from Hungary since so many years, but I just registered on your site to say, I’m very happy for you. I think you will be an awesome father.

Very nice family, very nice baby!
    All the best to the Rolfes!

• May 13, 2013 at 7:39 pm

yaaaay James gl with everything

• May 13, 2013 at 7:40 pm

can’t wait to see the first appearance of the little nerd.

• Mr. Saturn

May 13, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Congrats, James. I had no idea you and your wife were expecting. Glad to hear everything went well.

• Keydsimon

May 13, 2013 at 7:51 pm

I can’t see it on this nice picture, but I’m sure she’s got the same blue eyes as you two.

Congratulations, you will be a great father ! You are knowledgeable about a lot of things and you’re such an entertainer. My guess is that child will never be bored.

Make sure to be a 100% available to your family.

• May 13, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Congratulations!!! enjoy this new stage of their live, peace bro!

(From:Buenos Aires, Argentina)

• May 13, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Congratulations! I hope she gets to learn about turtles and bad video games from you but also your passion for films! Wish you and your family all the best! :)

• May 13, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Haha! Congrats James! Hey, make sure you keep the baby away from vaccines!! No Joke!

• May 13, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Congrats on the kid hope you do good

• May 13, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Congrats with the kid hope you enjoy

• G-Man

May 13, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Congratulations James, wishing you and your family all the best!

• sonic-x

May 13, 2013 at 8:24 pm

congrats to you and the family wish you all the best from the uk

• Venom65437

May 13, 2013 at 8:24 pm

I registered just to say congratulations. Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

• darkmetaly

May 13, 2013 at 8:31 pm

congratulations to you and the misses

• May 13, 2013 at 8:36 pm

Conglaturations!!! ;)

• May 13, 2013 at 9:44 pm

congrats to you James glad to here everything ok this will truly be one the greatest things you’ll do you two will make great parents

• PancreaticDefect

May 13, 2013 at 9:52 pm

Congratulations. I know from experience how something thats supposed to be the biggest, happiest moment of your life can take a turn for the worse. Luckily my daughter was fine. My wife not so much but we’re dealing with it. So, let me say, I know exactly the emotional rollercoaster you experienced. And I’m glad you three were seen through everything safely. It’s not a ride I would recommend.

• May 13, 2013 at 9:55 pm

Congrats! :) Best of luck to all of your family.

• Sir Vejeiro

May 13, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Congratulations to the couple for the beautiful little angel :3

• May 13, 2013 at 10:08 pm

CONGRATULATIONS MR. AND MRS. NERD! She’s soooooooo cute! HUGS ^_^

• Ace

May 13, 2013 at 10:08 pm

Best wishes to the happy family!

• Helldast

May 13, 2013 at 10:10 pm

A big and huge hug to you and your family James!

Whit love from Italy!

Eldast

• May 13, 2013 at 10:11 pm

All your baby are belong to us.

• BecomingPt2

May 13, 2013 at 10:18 pm

Many, many congratulations. She’s adorable and I certainly hope for the best for you and your family.

• Jesse Porter

May 13, 2013 at 10:24 pm

Congratulations from me, to you and your wife James! Thank you very much for sharing this wonderful news. You and your wife are now a mother and father!

• May 13, 2013 at 10:31 pm

In most cases a GAMER with a first time newborn would’nt get to play much anymore BUT in your very awesome case JAMES YOU NEED TO PLAY MORE GAMES to support your family!! Oh enjoy ALL the BUUULLLLL(baby)SHIT!!!

• Griznif

May 13, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Congratulations, James, Mrs. Nerd, and Little Nerd. You have brought joy to millions for nearly a decade, and you will bring a lifetime of joy to your family. We, your fans, feel so much dedication and devotion to your work, and you will be an amazingly dedicated father and husband!

• May 13, 2013 at 10:41 pm

Congratulations to the both of you!

• Liza Charay

May 13, 2013 at 10:54 pm

Congratulations to you both! Little Nerd is very adorable. Glad to hear everything ended up okay. It was nice to see this ’cause my boyfriend and I were just talking about your new addition and wondering when said addition would arrive. Thanks for letting us know :)

• str8spaceball1

May 13, 2013 at 11:12 pm

Awesome picture James. I’m happy to hear you’re putting them over all of us. That’s how it should be :) . Sending my best wishes from my family to yours!

• May 13, 2013 at 11:33 pm

You better take good care of that child now, ya hear? I won’t wish you luck cause I know you won’t need it. You’re gonna be a great dad.

• giantmeme

May 14, 2013 at 12:03 am

I hope everything is okay with baby Rolfe. Pregnancy is hard enough as it is without complications. Good luck to the family!

• May 14, 2013 at 12:08 am

James words cannot express how much you inspired me to do certain things. Thanks to you I want to do video game reviews considering also that video games are my childhood. You have also inspired me to go to college for film making. You and a guy I don’t know if you remember you met him at Too Many Games 2012 his name is Juan, John, or Johnny one of those three Ortiz is his last name and he had you sign Bubsy 3D you and him have inspired me so much to want to do game reviews so thank you. Straying away from that I have to say how happy I am for you, your wife, and your newborn child and that I wish you the best of luck in fatherhood and I will wait for anything you want to put out but as of right now I don’t care just focus on your wife and your child!. Best of luck.

• May 14, 2013 at 12:16 am

Your life will never be the same. Glad everything turned out well.

• May 14, 2013 at 12:29 am

Good luck being a father, James. I’m sure you’ll do just fine. Best wishes to the fam

• Netter

May 14, 2013 at 12:41 am

Congratulations James! You deserve this kind of happiness – to have a baby! I’m sure that you and your wife will be able to bring up your daughter a worthy member of society. Bring her up smart, strong, and kind!
    I wish your family a Siberian health and a Caucasian longevity! (as we say it in Russia :) )

• voltronface

May 14, 2013 at 12:47 am

My wife and I have our first child on the way in a few months. You probably will be too busy to read this comments, but with all heartfelt sincerity congratulations and I’m glad everyone is home and safe. She’s a beautiful baby!

• hambukmil

May 14, 2013 at 12:50 am

Yeah all cinemassacre`s fan legion`s are with you and your family james. Congratulations.

• Katharsys

May 14, 2013 at 1:10 am

Major congratulations to you and your wife, James. I’m glad they are both doing well. Welcome to the amazing world of parenthood– and enjoy every moment, they go by way too quickly.

• May 14, 2013 at 1:14 am

James aside from the Avgn persona, you are a class act a good dude and just all around loveable! all the best to you and your new kiddlet! and wonderful family! :)

cheers! :)

• May 14, 2013 at 1:46 am

well james dont be afraid of spending more time with your new family over things that u usually do. its going to happen man. i can tell you from personal experience. having a new baby changed my life. and im happy with my daughter and you will be happy with yours too. ull watch her grow up.. ull be slowly changing your life from this point just like most every dad. it aint so bad. the babys gonna puke and wake your ass up and your wife will drag you into her new full time job… taking care of your new little girl
    good luck and have fun man. i love your avgn videos btw and im no longer in a rush to watch your new ones because of my little girl. anyway good luck. ill keep being a dad and ill shut the fuck up now

• Apparition

May 14, 2013 at 1:52 am

Congratulation James, I wish you and your family all the best.

• kc

May 14, 2013 at 3:42 am

Big “conlaturations” (!!) :) I’m happy for the both of you, all three of you. She’s beautiful, as are you and your wife. I’m sure all the fans will understand if you need time away from making videos/content for a while. Take time, and take care of each other. Best wishes from Sweden.

• Thifurious

May 14, 2013 at 4:41 am

Congratulations James. For me personally, it means a lot to me that you feel like you can come to your website and talk about your personal life. The reason for that is that I have spoken to you through letters and a little at the movie trailer event, and let you know how much your work has meant to me over the years – especially the ones where my health was not the best. I was extremely open about my life, and it’s just great to see you able to confide in your fans.

Like I’ve said before, I and others I’m close to will be fans for life. We’ve got your back man, and I know that you have so much support from friends and family too. That’s truly something to be proud of, and I hope you are as proud of yourself as your fans, and loved ones are.

Congratulations once again James. You and your family will be in my thoughts. I’ll see you at the movie premiere!

• Taraalcar

May 14, 2013 at 5:29 am

Fantastic. She’s adorable. Nice work.

• rustinpeace1992

May 14, 2013 at 6:27 am

Congratulations

• Mariogamer

May 14, 2013 at 6:50 am

Congratulations James!!! I love your videos!! Will you show them to your baby too??

• rudocurtir

May 14, 2013 at 6:54 am

Congratulations James!

• May 14, 2013 at 7:45 am

Congratulations! She is beautiful.

• May 14, 2013 at 7:55 am

I’m so happy for you James. I have a 7 month old so speaking from my own experience; take pictures and catalog EVERYTHING. It will go very fast and you will want those memories. Congratulations!

• May 14, 2013 at 8:03 am

When is AVGN?

• May 14, 2013 at 9:24 am

Congratulations! All the best to all of you!

• Bronson

May 14, 2013 at 11:14 am

Congrats James, I’m sure that you’re a great father.

• MetallicOpeth

May 14, 2013 at 11:21 am

Congratulations to you and your family James!! You’re the man.

• blendo75

May 14, 2013 at 11:32 am

Congrats! From one daddy to another.

• Laura R.

May 14, 2013 at 11:34 am

Congratulations to the whole family! She’s beautiful. I’m sure she’ll grow up to be as awesome as her daddy!

• Emmanuel Mailloux

May 14, 2013 at 11:42 am

It is true that childbirth can be difficult (My wife got two difficult) but I now have 2 boys (4 years and 4 months) in great shape. Do not be discouraged by the difficult times. The first child changes a life, the second adds more joys and fears.

I hope your daughter is in good health and will remain (as well as your wife and you).

• crashv10

May 14, 2013 at 11:54 am

congratulations nerd, I am sure you will make an awesome father, although I doubt you would put her in a video it would be funny to see her in one and see the nerd have to watch his mouth. anyways congratulations, I hope she doesn’t keep you up to much at night

• Dirty Jared

May 14, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Congratulations! I’m glad everyone is doing well. Did you pass out?

• ChildrenofBodom

May 14, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Beautiful family. Congratulations James! What did you name her?

• S3ntinel2001

May 14, 2013 at 12:15 pm

Congratulations to you the baby and your family!!

• May 14, 2013 at 12:21 pm

My girlfriend recently gave birth to 2 twin daughters 2 months before their time, so I have my share of experience with problems related to pregnancy. My daughters are slowly growing up and are fine now. I don’t know what happened with you, but hang in there! Congratulations to you and your wife. Take some time off and take care of them!

• frostare

May 14, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Is Mike gonna be the godfather?

• Dark Pythagoras

May 14, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Congratulations, you are now a father.

• Flinty

May 14, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Hiya Mr and Mrs Nerd,

I don’t log on often, but I just wanted to express my heartfelt congratulations to you and to welcome your beautiful baby daughter to the world – I know you guys will be wonderful parents and I wish your new family every happiness.

A special shout-out to Mrs Nerd: I just know Cinemassacre wouldn’t be what it is without you, your input, your insight and your support over the years. Thank you so much from all of the fans – your fans! It’s not hard to see that you are already an amazing mother: you’re little girl is very, very lucky to have such amazing parents! Take care xxx

• horrorshow

May 14, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Really happy for you James, I’m sure she’ll grow up to be as awesome as you are. And well done Mrs Rolfe! :) - Dan

• May 14, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Congrats, James! Prepare for the hardest production period ever!!! Welcome to earth little nerd!

• May 14, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Congratulations!

• May 14, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Congrats James. Pretty awesome.

• Shawn Wilder

May 14, 2013 at 4:52 pm

I’m glad everything worked out in the end and CONGRATULATIONS! It’s great seeing such an amazing family come together and can’t wait for my child to enter this world in about 20wks, My wife and I are in a similar situation with several possible health problems we need to look out for and complications along the way, but hope everything works out as it did for you and hope you 3 have a wonderful happy life, and definitely hold off on the movie, baby comes first! But I do have to say I have always enjoyed your work, and yes there may be a hiccup here or there but I’m glad to wait for your work to come out, I always send the link to my friends whenever something new is posted! Again CONGRATS you two!

• HomingMissiles

May 14, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Congratulations, James, and best of health and luck to you and your family. Welcome, little nerd!

• trina_crys

May 14, 2013 at 5:01 pm

She’s beautiful, congrats!

• Taraalcar

May 14, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Congraduration!
    Very cute baby

• zgh50

May 14, 2013 at 5:24 pm

conglaturation!!!
    You have completed a great game
    and prooved the justice of our culture
    Now go and rest our Heroes !

• May 14, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Well, I’m glad your wife and baby are okay. It’s a beautiful picture by the way, you have a great family.
    Conglaturation :)

• EchnaTron

May 14, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Congratulations to the three of you! All the best to you little family. I know it can be very challenging living with kids and I wish you all the strength you need.

• Dave G

May 14, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Congratulations! I know your daughter will love growing up with such an awesome Dad.

• avgnfan370

May 14, 2013 at 5:58 pm

Congrats James!!! This is #1 priority, top of the list, the movie can wait and we will wait happily. Just ignore the trolls. Also, cut down on the yelling and swearing in future nerd episodes because that can leave bad consequences for the little nerd.

• Matthew Bogatz

May 14, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Congrats on your baby I hope that you guys will have a safe and peaceful life

• Bobby1001

May 14, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Congratulations on the baby James and Mrs. Nerd!

• culwin

May 14, 2013 at 8:31 pm

Conglaturation

• JPinta

May 14, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Wonderful to hear that all are home and safe. My warmest regards and best wishes to you and your newly expanded family!

• May 14, 2013 at 10:29 pm

Glad they’re home safe, and hopefully healthy. Hope for nothing but the best for you folks!

• Pablo1989

May 14, 2013 at 10:58 pm

Great News J :) ive hope she gonna be your next sucessor of AVGN series hehehe.

• elfang0r

May 14, 2013 at 11:30 pm

Congratulations to the both of you James and April. Thank Goodness you’re all okay and happy and good luck with your biggest, longest, and most serious and time consuming job ever… parenthood.

• May 14, 2013 at 11:42 pm

Oh my gosh! Congrats! You look so proud! :)

• Jszypka

May 15, 2013 at 12:14 am

This is great news James. I’m glad to hear that your family is doing well. I wish you nothing but the best to you and your wife and baby nothing but the best.

• Jukari Welch

May 15, 2013 at 12:15 am

I wish you all the very best, you all deserve it simply for being who you are, and trying your hardest to deliver great laughs.

• Justin Kwapich

May 15, 2013 at 1:26 am

You know, as a huge fan of yours, I am so incredibly excited for your movie and all your videos. But, I think I speak for everyone when I say, do what you need to do. Take as much time as you need. I am more a fan of you than your videos. You’re the nerd all of us nerds can look up to. Live your life, focus on the child, take your time on the movie and don’t stress. It will come in time, and we’ll think no less of you for taking care of your family first!

• Ome

May 15, 2013 at 1:26 am

Congrats on the baby!

• May 15, 2013 at 1:37 am

congrats, james!! i hope she grows up to be a healthy little girl!

• May 15, 2013 at 2:42 am

Congrats, man!

It’s funny. My brother-in-law is making is own movie right now too. He started filming last year and is finishing the movie right now.
    His daughter, my niece, was also born a couple of weeks ago.

I’m really curious now. When exactly was your daughter born? Maybe she was born on the same day my niece did, which was the 26th of April.

I’m sure you two will be amazing parents and your daughter will always have enough games to play! :D

Greetings and the best of luck from Germany!
    Your fan,
    Matthias.

• strint519

May 15, 2013 at 3:08 am

Great family shot James. You both should be very proud for your new addition to the world.

• Chendzeea

May 15, 2013 at 4:19 am

We love you James!! Be well Be safe. BIG HUGGLES to you and the fam. :) :)

• May 15, 2013 at 6:40 am

congrats mr. and mrs. nerd glad she looks more like mom than dad

• Blue Wizard

May 15, 2013 at 6:56 am

Congratulations James. It’s nice to get the occasional connection to your personal life without overexposure. I’m relieved that everything turned out fine, and I’m really happy for your family. You’ve been entertaining fans for practically a decade, so I agree with the other comments that encourage you to take a break. And with the serious comment aside…

What kind of picture is this? James carrying April, carrying Little Nerd, carrying Boo carrying a shit pickle? I’d never thought I’d see that.

• slick3620

May 15, 2013 at 7:55 am

Congrats James. Long time fan. I just found out my wife is pregnant! Life comes out of nowhere sometimes huh? I wish the best to you and your wife and daughter.

• May 15, 2013 at 8:02 am

That really good news James and your wife as well I’m very happy for guys umm.. what are you going to named your Baby daughter

• Michael Barborek

May 15, 2013 at 8:17 am

Congrats on the new baby. We just had our first daughter last week. Even if you know what is going to happen it is still the scariest day of your life. Glad everything went ok thou. Keep up the good work and remember, family comes first.

• vash47

May 15, 2013 at 11:21 am

Congratulations, James! I wish you the best to your new family, you are a good man, you deserve all the good things in the world for all the times you made the world laugh. Greetings from Peru, my friend!

• nintendoaddict1

May 15, 2013 at 11:37 am

Gratz man!

• May 15, 2013 at 11:40 am

Congratulations!!!! I’m glad my idol is a father now :D :D

Take care of baby. What’s her name?

• zobook

May 15, 2013 at 12:15 pm

Congrats to you and your wife!!
    Of all the work you show to us in your site, this is the hardest but the most beautifully one: being a father.

• WyldeGoose

May 15, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Congratulations!!! Blessings upon you and your family!

• May 15, 2013 at 1:19 pm

huge congrats man, i got one of those myself a Little less than a year ago, its a wild ride!

my wife also has some complications during and after the birth (its all good though), that is some scary shit :)

you never hear about the stuff that happens right after the baby comes, and i think its almost impossible to be prepared but just hang in there and it’ll work out :)

congratulations again and keep focusing on the wife and baby, us nerds will be here but that baby time will never come again :)

• Forsythia

May 15, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Congratulations, James! Beautiful! :)

• KauseMcFlo

May 15, 2013 at 1:58 pm

Long time fan, first time commenter, but if ever there was a time to voice my appreciation, it is now. As a new father, I can totally relate to the joy AND trepidation that comes with the responsibility. Thanks for all your hard work, and I wish you and your family the best of luck, whatever the future holds.

• WinterborneTE

May 15, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Congrats. I can’t even imagine the crazy home movies that will ensue, haha. Glad to hear everything’s all right.

• lockshockbarrel84

May 15, 2013 at 5:45 pm

And suddenly you realize what is really important in life.
    Congrats and all the best to you and your little family.

• otherside4

May 15, 2013 at 6:35 pm

I am over joyed to hear everything went well. I hope you, your wife and your daughter are all well. Raise her to be an amazing person just like her dad (and I am sure her mom to!) Congratulations and best of wishes to you and your family!

• aedan jenner

May 15, 2013 at 6:35 pm

congratulations! glad it all turned out good. teach her the way of the nerd.

• Arc Nova

May 15, 2013 at 7:27 pm

Congratulations!! :D

• karel1

May 15, 2013 at 8:11 pm

I’m so Happy for you both! I can’t think of Better People, than you two to be parents! I wish you both the Best of Luck! :-)

• resiDANCEevil

May 15, 2013 at 8:30 pm

Well done you “sexual tyrannosaurus” :D

• thepcguy

May 15, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Im happy for you both :) .

• frostare

May 15, 2013 at 10:36 pm

It’s the miracle of life! She’s precious… Glad you both pulled through!

• matute

May 15, 2013 at 11:15 pm

Congratulations James!!! I’m sure you’ll be a kick-ass nerdy dad. Protect her from shitty games!

• May 16, 2013 at 1:18 am

Congratulations to you and your beautiful family. No matter the choices you have to make, your fans will always stand behind you. Thank you for all of your hard work and constant devotion to all of your followers! We aren’t dissapointed! :)

• Connor Campbell

May 16, 2013 at 10:26 am

Congratulations James! My blessings to you and your family!

• May 16, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Congratulations james and April. So good to know everything is fine. Enjoy the little miracle!

• max kanevsky

May 16, 2013 at 2:50 pm

congratulations!!! James for your new role and for the newly born baby girl wishing you all the best,a lifetime of, happiness, laughter and joy and many years of good health and love.

• May 16, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Conglaturation, Jimmy

• May 16, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Congrats James!

• May 16, 2013 at 9:33 pm

I wish u and your family the best :-) So u have to try some games harder, or your little nerd will show you the way how games are played :>
    Greetz

• erik37

May 16, 2013 at 10:02 pm

awesome man happy for u guys congrats :)

• May 16, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Everyone is saying congratulations and is happy for you, and I wish to extend the same feelings. Besides that I just had to point out that look of absolute pride on James’ face. Awesome.

• May 17, 2013 at 12:52 am

Whow James!
    Congratulations to your new family!
    NOW THE CIRCLE IS COMPLETE
    I sincerely hope all the best things in the world for you, your wife and you beautiful baby girl.
    All the blessings, best wishes, and power ups for the Rolfe family! hehe
    Now the true game begins… be a dad! I know that you dont share a lot of your personal things but I know truly in my hearth that youre going to be a great and fantastic father, also pretty cool too because youre going to teach her in the ways of the “force” of the AVGN! Note: you know what can be really awesome that when you show her your old NES games she can land the plane in TopGun on the first try haha
    Just kidding!
    God bless you!
    Regards from Mexico City

• May 17, 2013 at 3:42 am

Amazing how most peope here seem to mostly be concerned how the newborn will fit into the AVGN theme. Have you ever considered that maybe she doesn’t want to be in internet videos when she grows up? Or that she may not even be a videogame nerd? Just because James is her father doesn’t mean she will automatically be addicted to videogames. You can steer your kids in a direction, but in the end it’s up to them what they want to do with their life.

Also it sounds like the birth went troublesome. I think the last thing on his mind right now is dressing her up as the AVGN. Honestly, think before you say something.

• May 17, 2013 at 8:19 am

I’m glad everything turned out ok. I wish you and you family the best.

• May 17, 2013 at 10:25 am

Hey James, Did you noitce your daughter is doing the nerd frown in that picture? Lol. Congratulations!

• diegowar

May 17, 2013 at 12:16 pm

So, will she grow listening to metal or to some cute teens ? I have my idea :)

• Michael Lewis

May 17, 2013 at 1:17 pm

I have three kids. I can tell you that first child births are usually complicated because you don’t know what will happen or how you’ll react. When my wife had our daughter, I was scare shitless when they said she wasn’t getting enough oxygen and her heartrate was low. But apparently, this is common. Babies are incredibly resilient and judging by the picture, she looks healthy and chubby (as a newborn should be). Congratulations and have fun with those diapers. As I’m sure you’ve already figured out, babies produce more shit than LJN.

• Johnthegamer

May 17, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Big congrats to you James!

• Ricky Vega

May 17, 2013 at 3:15 pm

:’) Congrats James, this is the start of something awesome for you, I hope you have many long and happy years with your new family!

• Magnum66

May 17, 2013 at 3:48 pm

That is so amazing James. Really glad to hear it worked out well for you and couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy. I hope things continue to remain fine and this was really great to read. Congrats man and continue being the great dad/person that you are! :)

• May 17, 2013 at 4:18 pm

dude, congrats. with watching you for so long i feel like i’m growing up with you so it’s been like we’re friends kind of. i’m very happy to see you have started a family and everything is going well for you.

• Cineassacre

May 17, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Conglaturation.

• Mario Landry

May 17, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Congratulations to you and yours on the birth of your baby daughter. I wish your family nothing but the best.

• shane77x

May 17, 2013 at 11:14 pm

Thanks for sharing James, I’m sure I speak for everyone when I say I feel like I’ve gotten to know you after watching every one of your videos time and time again, from sifting to watch a random one to going for a cinemassacre all nighter. So this means a lot to me, like a brother who sends a pic of his family. Cheers buddy and enjoy.

• May 18, 2013 at 12:38 am

Congratulations on your and your wife’s little girl James. I wish you all the peace and happiness in the world.

• Wei Li Heng

May 18, 2013 at 2:08 am

Have you decided on a name for Nerd Junior?

• NukaFandango

May 18, 2013 at 3:34 am

• May 18, 2013 at 4:37 am

CONGRATS! Tell Ms Nerd and Littlle Nerd that we hope they recover well and have an easy first few months <3 -fans

• Carson Shover

May 18, 2013 at 8:27 am

Glad you and your family’s all right James!Congrats!

• yf2012

May 18, 2013 at 9:29 am

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE LAST INSTALLMENT OF SNIX ????????

• Brenda Cleary

May 18, 2013 at 9:45 am

Congratulations. The Little Nerd is beautiful! You and your family are in the thoughts and prayers of me and my husband. We wish you all the best of love, life, luck and health.

• May 18, 2013 at 10:04 am

• Prizm

May 18, 2013 at 10:24 am

James, your daughter is a little cutie. I have a little girl myself, they bring so much joy it’s unbelievable. The first few months are stressful because you freak out over every little cough :) But as they get a little older they are so much fun. Congratulations.

• Zachary Gearhart

May 18, 2013 at 11:51 am

The movie can wait for as long as you need it to. Take good care of your daughter and congrats on becoming a father.

• May 18, 2013 at 12:16 pm

I get the feeling your delivery of the word “shit” will become a lot more personal with a newbord around

• fcabanski

May 18, 2013 at 2:09 pm

No beer in the baby bottle, James.

• Phoenix7786

May 18, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Family first James! Your movie will patiently wait for you to finish it! In fact, do you even KNOW of anyone who ever regretted spending as much time with their family as their work?

• George Parker

May 18, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Congratulations!

• Scott Castro

May 18, 2013 at 7:31 pm

Congratulations. Your family looks great and I can understand why sharing your personal life is a challenge. However,we are glad you are taking the time to share your bundle of joy. Wish you the best of luck on your new family. Well, I know you movie is important but family comes first. Good luck on being a father and good luck on your movie as well. :D

• fred

May 18, 2013 at 8:04 pm

I am really happy for you but at the same time, i’m kind of sad
    i’m gonna miss your videos

• May 18, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Hi James,

I’ve just heard about your wonderful news, congratulations! Now begins a new part of your life, it will seem hard at first but it will get better and be enjoyable watching your daughter develop each and every day.

Regards Ste (father of 2)

• May 18, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Congrats to you and the Mrs.

• Jordon Morgan

May 18, 2013 at 10:47 pm

Congratulations James. I can’t imagine the stress and worry that goes along with childbirth and it’s great to hear it went well. I wish the best for you and your family.

• DrSmiley

May 19, 2013 at 2:02 am

That’s the best thing you’ve ever created James.. and that’s saying quite a bit.

• Luis Contreras

May 19, 2013 at 2:04 am

Congrats! Hope everything is ok now, she’s a beautifull baby and family!

• May 19, 2013 at 2:34 am

Congratulations James to you and your wife. What music do you want your child to first listen to? Some AC/DC?, Metallica? Ozzy Osbourne? Or maybe a bunch of 8-bit music from NES titles?

• BlueAuraEX

May 19, 2013 at 3:43 am

Holy crap! Congrats, Mr. Rolfe! I’m sure, even through all the troubles it may have given ya, it’ll definitely be worth it in the end, dude. Here’s hoping you and the family do well! 8)

• Matt Canning

May 19, 2013 at 8:23 am

Good-lookin’ family! Conglaturation!

• May 19, 2013 at 10:29 am

Congrats to the both of you! What a beautiful baby! Best wishes!

• tannerkish616

May 19, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Beautiful family, sir. It’s a ladies household now, huh?

• May 19, 2013 at 1:02 pm

• May 19, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Adorable. Congratulations to you both! :)

• ejp022791

May 19, 2013 at 3:55 pm

I hope everything is okay, James! Congratulations on the baby. :)

• flawn scorpion

May 19, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Congrats Buddy

• portalcrazy

May 19, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Glad to hear this, James. Best of luck to you and your daughter.

• Grimmjow Jeagerjaques

May 19, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Congratulations James. Glad to hear Little Nerd and Mrs. Nerd are safe and sound. :)

• keillan burke

May 19, 2013 at 10:11 pm

congrats

• May 20, 2013 at 5:14 am

Congratulations James. I wish your family all the best.

• Haseo

May 20, 2013 at 6:43 am

Congratulations to you both James, family is what counts even the Nerd will understand

• Toni H

May 20, 2013 at 7:29 am

Really nice to hear everything went well; congratulations from here as well! 8)

• christoph chapman

May 20, 2013 at 9:11 am

Dear Mr Rolfe

Let me express my dearest congratulations.
    Im glad all turned out well for you and your little family.
    My 2 year old recognizes the nurd theme by now -ja i guess he shouldnt
    Be watching given the language etc… But with small children One cant always
    Pick your Free Time.

Well All the best for your projects and your family

Chris chapman Bonn’ Germany

Thanks for making me forget some adult worries with a little dose
    Of Avgn or BoardJames now and then.

• May 20, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Congratulations, James. May you and your family have a lifetime of blessings. ;)

• jackieblue420

May 20, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Congrats on the baby, I’m so glad everyone is well, healthy and safe =)

• Jel-K

May 20, 2013 at 3:56 pm

congratulations James

• ABOhiccups

May 20, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Congratulations, James and Mrs. Nerd!
    Just don’t with your daughter watch all AVGN Videos you made before she was older. Also, don’t with your daughter play all shitty games you own.

Good luck!

• Boo Daclown

May 21, 2013 at 12:51 pm

ur right nerd familys most important

• May 21, 2013 at 6:22 pm

Congratulation James and Mrs Rolfe! In the end, Im sure all is going to be fine! Thanks for all you do on or off camera!

• Wally

May 21, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Congrats, good luck from keeping her away from all those shitty games

• ejp022791

May 21, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Conglaturation James! :D

• May 22, 2013 at 2:20 am

Congratulations to you both It’s a great feeling. My daughter who’s now 6 years old just loves to play games like Mario 3, Mario World and Kirby which she is quite good at. If your daughter plays games with you when she is a little older I’m sure you will find it strange but it’s a great feeling. Show her the games that kicked ass and don’t suck, LOL! All the Best in the future. :-)

• Jareski

May 23, 2013 at 1:11 am

James, we can wait. Please, put your family first. Congrats.

• darksideofdonny

May 23, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Congratulations James and April! God bless your new family!

• May 23, 2013 at 10:36 pm

She has your nose and forehead/brow line. The jawline and ears seems to lean more towards Mrs. Rolfe’s though.

In any case, congrats.

• nerdfanokc82

May 23, 2013 at 10:50 pm

James, I have a daughter about to turn 4. You are absolutely right about childbirth being a scary thing. My advice to you, enjoy the early years. It will be tough dealing with crying and stuff but be strong through it. I find myself in tears remembering that little baby and how much I miss her as she grows up. Those first 3 years are the most precious I think. Give her all the attention you can because, trust me, you will miss them when she gets older. I know I do. Congratulations and God bless you all.

• lebitt

May 24, 2013 at 3:07 am

What a lucky baby to have such concerned parents, best wishes to the whole family specialy the heir to the nerd throne (no pressures there) xD
    beautyful family =]

• MikeDaWiz

May 24, 2013 at 7:21 am

Congratulations to you and your Wife James! Im glad to hear that all three of you are home safe and sound. As much as you want to keep the personal life personal, I would like to hear about your life with a child. My wife and I are planning on having a child as well, so it would be nice to hear about your experience.

• bradley adams

May 24, 2013 at 12:14 pm

right on! : )

• Roland Allard

May 25, 2013 at 3:43 pm

That must’ve been scary for you and your wife with the child birth but you both powered through. I just wanna say congrats to you both and the baby. Keep on gamin’.

• pacman01

May 25, 2013 at 9:47 pm

congrats on the family ,man that an anticipating the movie i hope its a big success and maybe gets a sequel that ang i hope you and your family have a real good time

• May 25, 2013 at 10:39 pm

she’s a doll!

• Clowater

May 25, 2013 at 11:33 pm

Congratulations to you both!

• JJF Pedersen

May 26, 2013 at 8:37 am

It IS scary becoming a parent. When my wife and I had our son back in 2011, it ended up as a C-section. I’ve never been so afraid. Congrats James and family.

• Amy

May 26, 2013 at 9:41 am

Congratulations James!! I’m so very happy for you. Your family should *always* come first!! We fans can wait for the movie. I’m glad your wife and daughter are home and safe!!

• J5

May 26, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Awwwwh!!!!!!! (applauding) great job James to u & your wife!!!!(-;

• J5

May 26, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Awwwh!!!! (applauding) great job James 2U & your Wife!!!!(-;

• luconator

May 26, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Congradulations James! All the best to you and your family!

• The Kemosabi

May 27, 2013 at 11:43 pm

Congratulations! You look like a wonderful family!

• May 28, 2013 at 4:09 am

Wow seems like only yesterday when the pregnancy was announced,and now look at you two and the baby! :) Congrats to the Rolfe(Nerd) family! :)

• brandnewjenn

May 28, 2013 at 4:17 am

Congratulations to you and your wife, James! I think the first comment said it best…family first. :) I’m just glad that you are all home safe and sound. Exciting times for you. I hope to have my own little nerd someday! Lol

• LukeBK

May 28, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Congratulations to you and your wife! My wife and I just had a daughter 6 months ago and it has been the best thing that ever happened to me. (BTW AVGN episodes are just the right length to watch well feeding a baby.)So enjoy the ride!

• Martin Jones

May 29, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Congratulations! From one dad to another, enjoy, because the years will fly by. An added side effect of children seems to be that they speed up time.

• Logan Hal

May 29, 2013 at 8:33 pm

That’s so awesome James! I ‘ m glad your happy and that things are going good. I really hope all the good luck continues for many more years.
    Congrats :)

• Tim Anderson

May 30, 2013 at 9:16 am

That’s a great thing. I have 2 kids of my own so i know the exact feelings your having right now. Always make them the first priority and know all us fans are right behind you.

• totoofze47

May 30, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Congratulations to you and your wife ! I have to admit, I was a little scared myself when I read your post, but I’m relieved to hear everything turned out OK ! Your daughter is really cute, and I’m sure both of you will be wonderful parents !

• theNOVAsplosion

May 30, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Congrats James. She’s beautiful. No need to rush any AVGN stuff, for now, keep an eye on that daughter of yours. Could you tell us her name at the very least?

• Smack2k

May 30, 2013 at 9:53 pm

Hey James,

Congratulations on your birth…I dont know you personallly but can 100% relate with what you went through…

We lost a baby at 5 months in 2009 and then got pregnant again in 2010. My wife started having bad issues at 4 months and was put on bed rest and had a procedure done to keep things going. 5 months / 3 doctors appt’s a week / 56 Shots a week later and we were ready to have our son. Of course, the last hop was my wife having serious issues during childbirth…In the end, we made it through and my now 2 1/2 year old son Jordan is worth every minute of stress and pain we went through. Me physically for doing EVERYTING for 5 months while my wife was in bed…but mostly my wife for being SO STRONG for that whole time, knowing what happened before that in 2009 and staying strong to the end.

Be happy with what you have now…many others dont get as lucky at the end!

• kingbuzzo

May 31, 2013 at 5:20 am

james, i just registered so i could tell you, whatever happens, you are a good man. i have been watching your work since the very beginning, and, its strange to say, i know who you are because of it. you will put all of your passion into your daughter just like you do with everything else in your life. if i knew you in person i would, buy you a beer, punch you in the arm, and tell you to stop being such a pussy, then shoot you a shit eating grin that we both knew meant i got your back. best of luck, friend. you will be an awesome dad.

• May 31, 2013 at 8:45 am

Congrats =D
    I was happy for you and your wife when you first announced this, and I am still happy for you now. For all three of you =)
    Glad to hear that, despite the toubbles you talked about, your daughter still seems to be okay now, that is the most importand thing of all.
    Welcome to the world of parents =)

• May 31, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Congrats :) Wish u and ur baby very long and happy life ^_^

• Xtremo

May 31, 2013 at 5:06 pm

I’m so happy for you three and I’m glad your daughter is fine! She looks just like you – in this picture at least. I wish you all the very best and after all those years of following your work, I think it’s safe to say that you deserve it! I love you, man! ;)

• Boba Theft

May 31, 2013 at 7:49 pm

conglaturation !!! you have completed a great chapter!

In all honesty congratulations James! Really happy for you, it is truly a special occasion, which will bring many more in the future I’m sure. May you and your family find joy on your continued path(s) no matter how small they may be.

• Ric_Pantera

June 1, 2013 at 7:15 am

I’m a little late but congratulations to you and your familly.

• Asterix_13

June 1, 2013 at 10:59 am

Good job James. I can’t even imagine going through so many things at once.

• Jared Benicky

June 1, 2013 at 6:59 pm

Congrats James you deserve a beautiful family after all the things you’ve done for us!! We love you!!

• Patrik Gustafsson

June 2, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Congrats James!

• Daniel Brown

June 2, 2013 at 6:26 pm

A belated many congratulations.
    And as gauche and tactless as this is, the fact that THE nerd can have a babe for a wife is an inspiration to all of us nerds everywhere….

• nerdyguy64

June 2, 2013 at 7:33 pm

Congratulations James, I am so happy for you and your family. I wish the best of luck to you, your wife, and your baby girl. Your baby girl is so beautiful! :) Congratulations again!

• nerdyguy64

June 2, 2013 at 7:35 pm

I cant believe it, I am guessing maybe you posted this on her birthday, but she has the same as me if you did :) funny :)

• June 3, 2013 at 2:44 pm

James,

I believe we’re the same age. I even think we graduated high school the same year. My point is I relate a lot to you, from childhood to adulthood. My son was born two years ago, and man, I wish I could chat with you about all the things I have learned since then just to give you a head start! I have two quick bits of advice: 1. If you and your wife feel like life will never be the same again, don’t despair. At the THREE MONTH mark, the both of you will start to remember what it is like to feel normal. 2. Not really advice…but when I got married the person I loved most was my wife. I never imagined that I would love another person. You just don’t understand until it happens. Neat, huh?

• June 3, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Congrats on your daughter’s birth and your wife’s good recovery!!!

As a girl gamer, I want to say, I hope she becomes the biggest nerd girl gamer of them all!!!

• June 6, 2013 at 9:11 am

oh man I’m glad everyone is okay. I’m very happy for you. she looks just like you bro.

• Brandon Ballou

June 6, 2013 at 5:33 pm

congrats James i hope the best in the future for you and your family cant wait to see the movie but honestly it can wait your family is more important take care james from Brandon Ballou

• vertex11

June 6, 2013 at 7:34 pm

Congrats, James! You are finally, FINALLY, a real man now! Nothing puts life into perspective than the miracle of having a child! Your life is permanently changed! You thought marriage was a change? That is nothing compared to now! But it is really wonderful and your fans in our household wish you the absolute best! I hope you consider having another child some day because I can tell you from experience that a boy really appreciates AVGN! My son and I can attest to that! Even my wife laughs at much of your stuff, but us guys really get it! All the best! Tom

• Ryan Schaffer

June 6, 2013 at 9:14 pm

Congratulations James! My wife and I just brought our son Liam home yesterday! It’s our first child as well. Here’s to Parenthood! It’s an amazing change. My thoughts go out to you and you’re family.

• TheRD100

June 8, 2013 at 12:41 am

Congrats James. Let’s hope she’s a gamer cause you got PLENTY to choose from :D

• June 8, 2013 at 1:50 pm

congrats man.. all the best.. Hails from sweden :D

• dalton stokes

June 8, 2013 at 4:54 pm

congrats James you are gonna be a great father man :)

• June 8, 2013 at 6:13 pm

I bet that Mike and Little Nerd are gonna be best friends :)

• butterorguns

June 9, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Congratulations James. I’ve watched AVGN since the very beginning and have respect for you, your videos and your passion. I hope the qualities that have allowed you to entertain the world also allow you to be a great Dad; I have no doubt that they will.

You look very happy and I am pleased for you. All the best to you, your wife and your baby girl.

• alex young

June 9, 2013 at 11:46 pm

Oh My FUCKING GOD This Is the best thing i have ever seen in my life!

Congrats! I hope she has fun playing Those shitty games

• tommy denisson

June 10, 2013 at 7:52 pm

she is cute man i´m happy for you congrats

• June 11, 2013 at 5:11 am

You guys made that happen. Isn’t life great? Enjoy the peace and quiet while you can lol.

• Ben Kolker

June 11, 2013 at 11:29 am

Congratulations James. I wish you, your wife and of course your newborn all the best! Greetings from The Netherlands!

• charles85wv

June 12, 2013 at 7:47 pm

Congrats Im happy for you and your wife. I have two kids a son and a daughter. They are the best thing that has ever happened to me.

• charles85wv

June 12, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Im a big fan of yours love the AVGN episodes. Im 28 I grew up playing Nes and super nes. I have a nintendo wii u and ps3.

• June 15, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Congratulations!o/
    Take you time, family is the most important thing on anybodies life.

• Aaron S

June 16, 2013 at 4:15 pm

Very late to the party, but congratulations to the two, well, three of you! Are you going to be nice and let her play GOOD games when she’s a little older??

• Yalokinh

June 17, 2013 at 9:09 am

Honestly, its fine you don’t share your personal info. We respect you enough, that isn’t a problem. Congrats on the baby!!!

• Oliver Axelsson

June 18, 2013 at 5:59 am

She will probably be as creative and awesome as you, James! I hope that everything goes well for all of you three!

• June 18, 2013 at 2:59 pm

Congratulations James. You deserve nothing but the best.

Best wishes from Brazil.

• June 18, 2013 at 5:30 pm

My Son was born on April 25th! Congratulations James!

• June 18, 2013 at 6:43 pm

Yes focus on family movie and videos can wait

• Jonathan Marcoccia

July 21, 2013 at 12:12 am

Congrats James, as a father of a little girl myself, I know how you must feel with that little princess entering your life. I wish you and your family the best of luck, there is nothing more precious in the world than daddies little girl, always be there for her no matter what, and never take her for granted.

• August 6, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Congrats, James! We all believe in you!

• August 9, 2013 at 1:47 am

congratulations, dont keep god out of the equation. peace and love.

• August 9, 2013 at 10:39 am

Hi James.
    My name is Jean-Francois Lagace. I’m a huge huge fan of yours and the work that you’re doing. Just wanted to say congrats on the new addition to the family. Similarly to your situation, my wife had complications at the birth of our little girl (now 13 months old). The good news is that she is doing amazingly well now. She is progressing very well and even though we had a huge fright at the birth… things are progressing better than we could have wished.

Have fun with your little girl and wife. Like you said, they are the most important thing in the world. All the hard work that comes with a new baby is more than worth it. Enjoy.

Your big fan, JF

• Desi Darling

August 21, 2013 at 12:49 pm

Oh wow! :D I only recently discovered your work, but I enjoy it so much I’ve been spending hours this week going through all the films and blogs here. :)

It makes me happy to see your family life is as successful as your professional one! Between interviews and the way you handle fan stuff, it’s obvious you’re a cool person just
    doing what you love. Hope you continue on to bigger things, I’m one of many who will keep supporting your projects!

(Btw, I see a lot of ugly shit in the comments sometimes, please don’t let that bother you or deter you from sharing with fans. It just comes with the territory of success, all the bitter trolls come out of the woodwork. They always try to find something to shit on to feel better about themselves. Don’t take it to heart, it has nothing to do with you or your work.)

• tamadrummer

August 23, 2013 at 1:57 am

Congratulations James!
    I’ve been watching your videos for 7 years since i was 10 which might have been way too young to see the videos you were making but to me, you’ve always been an icon and someone to look up to when i was growing up. Watching your videos really brings me back to the past to a time when i was growing up watching Nerd videos 24/7. But enough of my Nostalgia moment.
    Congrats James, make sure she turns out great like her dad!

• August 24, 2013 at 6:00 pm

she is just…. too CUUUUTE :3

• September 2, 2013 at 7:15 pm

wow i didnt even know you were married, congratulations james

• weiwei

September 7, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Congratulations, James!!! I’m sure you will be a great father!!! :)

• Brendan Matelan

September 7, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Conglaturations James, I am glade that you’re now a Filmmaker, Husband, and a Father. Let’s hope things go smooth sailing for now on.

• September 22, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Congrats james or avgn whatever you prefer I hope your daughter and wife are ok and happy. Good luck with the movie and make sure to teach your daughter how to play nintendo. I give you a 1000000 blessings,oh and tell mike I said hi

• Robert Patterson

September 22, 2013 at 10:39 pm

mine gave me a fright when she popped out 3 months early, but now shes a happy healthy loud 4 year old. congrats, enjoy projectile vomiting being a daily occurrence.

• Ruefull

October 13, 2013 at 2:01 am

Adorable as fuck. Congratulations!

• tubster30

November 8, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Belated congratulations. It’s true – you can do everything right during pregnancy, but when it gets to the big day and your body does NOT want to co-operate, it all goes out the window and becomes a horror show!

Still, it’s all worth it in the end.

• November 12, 2013 at 4:49 pm

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. I know I’m super late but I didn’t know until now. I’m happy for you and your wife. I’m also glad your wife and baby are OK :D

• Deven D'Addario

December 17, 2013 at 12:17 am

Sorry for the EXTREMELY late post, and sorry to hear about the complications. I’m thrilled, however, to see your baby doing alive and well! God bless you and family, James!

• Isaias Pimentel

December 20, 2013 at 8:45 pm

good job nerd.you did good

• Marco Antonio Llanes Rodriguez

January 4, 2014 at 9:10 pm

Hola James, disculpa por la felicitación tan retrazada, no había visto el post sino hasta ahora, les deseo mucha salud y felicidad a ti y a tu familia con toda sinceridad. Que Dios los bendiga y proteja siempre.

• January 26, 2014 at 2:12 pm

What’s the baby’s name?

• Keith Toso

February 12, 2014 at 10:10 pm

I know I’m a little late for this but COMGLATURNATION ON MINI-NERD

• fuertherbube

February 13, 2014 at 11:04 am

I know it’s a bit too late but:

CONGLATURATION !!!