Audio Slaughter podcast #3 – Rob Zombie

James / April 24th, 2013

Rob-Zombie-IMAGE

Discussing the music of White Zombie AND Rob Zombie.

Listen here

03 Rob Zombie

INDEX:

0:00:00 – Current music events

0:07:35 – How we got into White/Rob Zombie

0:11:30 – Explaining the appeal

0:20:45 – White Zombie discography

0:29:00 – Rob Zombie discography

0:47:45 – New album! Venemous Rat Regeneration Vendor

0:54:20 – Rob Zombie concerts

1:10:30 – RANT: Why was there never a Rob Zombie LIVE DVD?!

1:15:00 – Final Rob Zombie thoughts

1:16:55 – Top 5 band logos

Comments

• April 24, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Cool, I’ve been waiting for this one! I was obsessed with White Zombie in High School. Some of the first internet websites I’ve ever been to in the mid-90s were White Zombie fansites.

• eyeofodin

April 26, 2013 at 8:53 pm

i think i found the upcoming episodes:
      James & Mike Play: Double Dare (NES)
      James & Mike Play: King of the Monsters 2 (Neo-Geo)
      James & Mike Play: Super C

lol

• eyeofodin

April 26, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Also AVGN: Toxic Crusaders

• Lucy Coode

May 2, 2013 at 6:28 pm

Start working at home with Google! It’s by-far the best job Ive had. Last Monday I got a new Alfa Romeo from bringing in $7778. I started this 9 months ago and practically straight away started making more than $83 per hour. I work through this link, http://www.g00.me/Work

• April 24, 2013 at 5:47 pm

CDs with odd use of tracks? Broken by NIN should have gotten a mention there. 99 tracks, most of them are a second of nothing.

• April 24, 2013 at 5:53 pm

I have fond memories of Rob Zombie, particularly one song he had featured in a game a played a heck of a lot when I was younger, Need For Speed Underground 2.

• The Kaleidoscopic God

April 24, 2013 at 6:46 pm

I have fond memories, of one particular Rob Zombie song, also featured in a game I played a heck of a lot when I was younger. Goes back a bit further than Underground… Namely, Sled Storm for the PS1. Anyone remember that?

• November 3, 2015 at 10:15 am

Yeah remember that game!kinda like road rash on a sled.

• April 24, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Underground featured Two-Lane Blacktop, he didn’t have a song in Underground 2. I remember that game’s soundtrack as well, it was much better overall than Underground 2’s to me.

• Thomas

April 24, 2013 at 6:28 pm

rammstein have an amazing show too

• The Kaleidoscopic God

April 24, 2013 at 6:52 pm

To me, King Diamond is the ultimate Halloween music.

• Atomos1293

April 24, 2013 at 7:33 pm

Sweet!!! I knew you would have Rob Zombie on an Audio Slaughter!

• Atomos1293

April 24, 2013 at 7:34 pm

By the way, I own all the of the White Zombie albums and prefer listening to WZ over the solo work, I just kinda like the music better.

• Atomos1293

April 24, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Well I should say I own Let Sleeping Corpses, but I used to actually own Make Them Die Slowly and God Of Thunder.

• Keydsimon

April 24, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Good choice ! Rob Zombie is a band I do not yet know very much. I do love some of their songs. Can’t wait to listen to that !

• CharlieBrownGhostAss

April 24, 2013 at 8:49 pm

I went to see Rob Zombie’s newest movie “Lords of Salem” in NYC last week. All I can say is that it’s not as good as “The Devil’s Rejects”, but it’s a lot better than “Halloween 2”.

• taykel

April 24, 2013 at 9:19 pm

I really like listening to these podcasts. You and your wife should do one on Aerosmith. That is my all time favorite band.

• eyeofodin

April 24, 2013 at 10:20 pm

La sexocisto or whatever is one of my favorie albums ever,
    but i hate techno so i never liked his solo stuff.
    Also his new movie is out if you want it look for:
    The.Lord.Of.Salem.2012.DVDRip.X264.AC3

• culwin

April 25, 2013 at 12:40 am

James’ dad listens to country music HAHA

• Keydsimon

April 25, 2013 at 12:58 am

What’s wrong with country ? I’m not a fan myself, but who hates Johnny Cash ?

• The Kaleidoscopic God

April 27, 2013 at 1:17 pm

I don’t think one artist can justify an entire genre. Rules and exceptions and all that. As for me, though, I do not like Johnny Cash. But I don’t hate him either. In my opinion, or from what I’ve gathered anyway, only a handful of songs (and mostly ones that aren’t exactly country) in his ridiculously huge discography are great, and I guess that’s more than I can say for 99% of musical acts, but I’m still no fan. Anyway, I think Culwin was just saying it’s surprising James’ father likes such comparatively “pussy” music. I have the same situation, turned up to 11; my father exclusively listens to dansband (a Swedish thing; look it up) whereas I rarely listen to music that isn’t related to death or black metal (infinitely heavier than Rob Zombie). That’s how it often goes, I suppose.

• April 25, 2013 at 8:15 am

The Lords of Salam is like the best movie in the history of movies!!!!! I seen it 3 times!! and if you do get the new Rob Zombie album go to fye and you get a free poster. also you forgot to mention war zone off the the punisher war zone soundtrack.

• Filip Claesson

April 25, 2013 at 2:55 pm

Iam happy for you and your child!

• Snaggle-Teeth

April 25, 2013 at 3:00 pm

Great talk on Rob Zombie. I don’t mean to be nitpicky though, but the animated scene in the Beavis and Butthead movie was not directed by Zombie. A lot of people seem to be misinformed about this. The designs were based off of his art but was directed by and designed by Chris Prynoski who created Mtv’s Downtown, Motorcity and is the owner of animation studio Titmouse (who does Metalacolypse and Superjail). Just thought you should know. Love the podcast, keep em coming!

• Cody NELSON

April 25, 2013 at 3:52 pm

I really love these Audio Slaughter, even thought I’ve never really listened to Rob Zombie I still enjoys listening to you guys. I can’t wait until you talk about AC/DC and Guns N’ Roses!

• April 25, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Hey James. There is a website that streams theatrical movies for free. Here is a link to Lords of Salem.

• Paul Dower

April 25, 2013 at 9:10 pm

Beastie Boys? Nah just kidding, do what you want ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Tommi Heikkinen

April 26, 2013 at 3:24 am

La Sexorcisto: Devil Music, Vol. 1 is one of the best rock albums from the 1990’s, it is almost perfect.

• ejp022791

April 26, 2013 at 4:20 am

So I listened to the new Ghost (B.C.) album. Thanks James, that was awesome. And thanks again for letting me know Black Sabbath is making a new album. Love the new song. Great podcast, look forward to the next one. I anticipate these now.

• April 26, 2013 at 3:24 pm

I personally feel Rob Zombie was only good during the White Zombie years. I just felt his solo career went into that corny area and it just turned me off. I first heard of the band back in the early 90s when the Alternative Rock movement was in full swing with ‘Thunderkiss ’65’. I thought the band was amazing, and it’s sad that White Zombie is no more.

• April 26, 2013 at 5:12 pm

I’m 30 and I feel like White Zombie was the soundtrack for my grade school and junior high years. I wasn’t as big of a fan after the group broke up and just became Rob Zombie. La Sexorcisto: Devil Music, Vol. 1 was and still is my favorite album by the group. Also, I used to be obsessed with the the song “The One” by white zombie on the “Escape From LA” soundtrack. It’s the shit! Cool podcast. Thanks Rolfe family

• April 26, 2013 at 6:33 pm

Hands of Death Rob & Alice Cooper great song from the X-files songs in the key of X.

• April 26, 2013 at 11:42 pm

always enjoys these pod cast’s since i pretty much get into most bands you to both get into. my first official album i bought with my own money was astro creep way back in 96/97, i listened the shit out of it and thats where i really got into rob zombie, and at the time i was playing the hell out of twisted metal 3 which featured music from rob zombie. anyway thanks for another great pod cast and hope we see more in the future. love to see iron maiden and judas priest in the future. Cheers ๐Ÿ™‚

• Jonathan Fredrick

April 27, 2013 at 11:33 am

James, you have the coolest wife ever. Period.

• nando magoo

April 29, 2013 at 6:02 am

Awesome podcast! My best wishes to you and your family, James!!

• Darkshaman

April 30, 2013 at 1:16 am

James man,….. You need to watch this shortfilm,…. When i was watching it i immediately think of you!,! Its callled Fist of Jesus http://youtu.be/GuKV2Z3eYTY its from Spain,… ๐Ÿ˜€

• April 30, 2013 at 1:58 am

Hopefully this means a Lords Of Salem review will happen. Definitely looking forward to your opinion on that, James.

• WickedChild

April 30, 2013 at 2:22 am

No love for the Slayer logo? Come on, it’s a freaking pentagram with swords and Nazi SS lettering, how much more badass can you possibly get?

Also, in the future I’m guessing you’ll do a Sabbath podcast. I hope you also do a whole podcast for Dio and don’t just fold him in to the Sabbath discussion, as I think he deserves a full discussion on his own (you could probably really do 2 or 3 podcasts about him easily).

• May 1, 2013 at 9:54 am

My top 5 band logos:
    1. Motรถrhead
    2. Ramones (the eagle with the names in circle)
    3. Morbid Angel
    4. Black Flag
    5. Napalm Death

• corpse123

May 4, 2013 at 11:14 am

I have a question about Audio Slaughter: what’s the name of the opening music/intro? Thanks!

• clovernuts

May 5, 2013 at 12:59 am

Do any of you know of “The Haunted World of El Superbeasto” its a Zombie cartoon, and it kind of kicks ass. If you where not that much of a fan of the live action, but loved his animated Bevis and Butthead animation, this should be right up your alley. It has zombie nazis, boobs, demons, monsters, mexican wrestlers…. yada yada yada. You both I think would love it.

• Belligeron

May 12, 2013 at 8:47 am

I propose you do an audio slaughter of Slayer next, paying respects to Jeff Hanneman, and because they’re f***ing awesome!

• Brendan Lopeman

May 21, 2013 at 5:38 pm

You should check out Staind or Godsmack.

• ejp022791

May 21, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Omg, I’m obsessed with that Ghost album.

• June 26, 2013 at 1:08 am

I heard Rob doesn’t like to go to horror cons because he doesn’t like charging for his autograph.

• Jake Harness

September 3, 2013 at 6:57 pm

nice podcast guys ๐Ÿ˜€

• batratspidercrab

January 8, 2014 at 12:32 am

Ah, Twisted Metal. Where would I be without you?

• Aaron Lougee