Filmography updated

James / March 12th, 2013

Cinemassacre 400 came and went if you’re curious. The official video count is now 409, but the list is too hard to keep track of. In the beginning, it was all original films. Then, when I started making AVGN episodes, Movie Reviews and various other web videos, they got counted too. The first run of You Know What’s Bullshit episodes got counted as all one project, because that’s how they were produced. Many videos didn’t get counted at all, because they were too impromptu or didn’t have enough production (“vlogs” or anything that I didn’t feel like counting as a Cinemassacre movie.) Also, Mike’s videos didn’t get counted, even though they are Cinemassacre videos. It’s more of a personal “James Rolfe” filmography, because that’s the way it started back in 1989.

It’s not important, and it was too much effort to keep updating, so I abandoned the filmography page for a long time. Lately, I’ve been curious, so I gave it an update. If you wanted to know number 400 was the Video Store Memories. Not very epic. But the numbering criteria is debatable. Lately, I’ve been averaging about 50 videos a year, so whenever I reach the next hundred, it’s not as big of a deal. Will there ever be another retrospective or personal film like Cinemassacre 101, Cinemassacre 200, or Dragon in My Dreams (Cinemassacre 300)? Possibly. I’m going through major life changes and it’s possible that I might make another personal film this summer about the chapter after the Dragon.

One thing I can say is that some of the “lost ” Cinemassacre films like SNIX will finally see the light of day. I will be posting SNIX in time for its 20th Anniversary in April, along with all of its sequels.

Check out the filmography. (It needs some formatting work. It’s a little messy, but for now, I’m too busy to tend to it.)

Coming-4-3-2013

Comments

• March 12, 2013 at 8:16 am

Wow, tons of work, and its been one hell of a ride. Keep doing what you’re doing!

• March 12, 2013 at 8:25 am

Are you sick? Video Store was a great video, and way more fitting for 400 than just about anything else. Almost poetic that it happened by accident.

• sloth-machine

March 12, 2013 at 10:23 am

The video store memories is pretty fitting for 400, since the majority of Cinemassacres orgins were filmed in VHS format.

• March 12, 2013 at 11:42 am

Well thanks. Yes, the video store is a very important past time. I just meant it wasn’t a big production like Cinemassacre 200 for example.

• Slayer40k

March 12, 2013 at 8:33 am

I think the best thing for a video follow up too ‘Dragon in my Dreams’ would be, ‘Papa James’ :D Diffenatly something related to that being a rememberable video for the future.

• Thifurious

March 12, 2013 at 9:01 am

I love reading these blog posts, James. Your life is indeed changing quite a bit – what with the movie, the baby, and everything all’ve that entails. I’ve said it before, as well as in real life when I met you, but it’s worth saying again – congratulations man. In all honesty, it’s hard to put to words the positive impact you’ve had on my life. Keep doing what you love; you’re always going to have myself and many others as dedicated fans, for life!

• March 12, 2013 at 9:14 am

James, could you upload Cinemassacre 101? I’ve never seen that movie.

• March 12, 2013 at 11:47 am

It used to be on the site when they were quicktime movies. I guess I never reposted it. Cinemassacre 200 was an updated version that made it obsolete. Another thing, I always felt kind of worried about the tone of Cinemassacre 101. I was concerned that it might have come off as self indulgent. But that’s just my own feelings on it. I may post it again sometime in the future.

• March 15, 2013 at 3:27 pm

I’ve seen it, and I don’t think it’s self indulgent at all. It’s good that you’re proud of your work, and you have a lot of passion behind what you do. Cinemassacre 200 did a better job with the whole thing, though. But were those VHS tapes actually the real ones, fully stacked like that?

• taykel

March 12, 2013 at 9:35 am

I’m not sure if this might interest you, but you should make a film about your feelings on starting a family for the first time. I hope having a child won’t effect what you are doing now. Your fans, especially myself, will always be here for you.

• curiousgyorg

March 12, 2013 at 9:56 am

Having a child will most definitely affect a lot of things. But I’m so happy for James and his family, I really can’t be selfish enough to worry about something as petty as my own entertainment. We love you James, so do what you gotta do and like Taykel said, we will always be here for you.

• Dore

March 12, 2013 at 9:42 am

When is the baby due, James?

• March 12, 2013 at 11:51 am

A little over a month from now.

• sloth-machine

March 12, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Only a month away? That’s incredible. I am really happy for you James. I have 2 kids myself (still both very young) and it’s funny how they have a way of coming first for everything, pushing all other passions down a notch on the level of importance. But you want it that way. Something non-parents will never fully understand, but you soon will. Not to say that your passion and work take a back seat…it’s crazy just how parents quickly adapt to a whole new level of blissful chaos, something that would make the average person fall apart.

I’m babbling now, but just be prepared for the highest sense of love and feeling of accomplishment as you witness and help her grow, because it goes beyond anything else imaginable.

• curiousgyorg

March 12, 2013 at 9:53 am

Wow, James thank you so much! I’ve been waiting to see Snix for so long now!! I even named that plush dragon after Snix haha!

• March 12, 2013 at 10:23 am

didn’t know you had a filmography list page on the website. checking out Ed Wood A Thon now :D

• HomingMissiles

March 12, 2013 at 12:13 pm

See, James’ videos are like newspapers: a new one arrives every day. Keep up the good work!

• Dr. Breakfastmachine

March 12, 2013 at 12:21 pm

James, are you still planning on someday doing a movie about the guy on the Neighborhood Watch signs? I think a perfect chance to do another retrospective video like Cinemassacre 200 would be after you finish AVGN: the Movie, so you can look back at that experience, and finish by talking further about more ideas you have for feature-length films like the sign guy one.

• March 12, 2013 at 2:13 pm

I thought the video room video was awesome. It brought me back to the 80s when VHS was king and you could go there and hang out and talk to people about the movies there. Don’t minimize your work compared to others, James. It’s all important. It’s all different. That’s what makes it awesome to come to Cinemassacre.com. : )

• March 12, 2013 at 2:15 pm

I literally yelled YES after reading this. I’ve wanted to see the Snix Movies for a long time now. I can’t wait to see it finally after seeing various clips throughout the years, this may be more anticipating for me than the AVGN Movie.

• Topper Harley

March 12, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Keep on doing your lifemission, James. It’s great to see the progress in all these years. Since 2005 i watch your videos. You made so many boring evenings into great, fan-fucking-tastic nights…well, thanks for that!

Greetings from Germany and last but not least: best wishes for your family!!

• March 12, 2013 at 2:57 pm

It’s so cool to see someone as passionate about video stores as I am. I think of those memories, and they make me so happy, and so sad all at once, I just want to cry.

• March 12, 2013 at 3:22 pm

I just looked through the list, and I got to say it’s very impressive that you actually keep a good record of your work. Even the ones you might not like, you still keep, and that is something I admire about you. With me as an artist/film maker, I barely keep a record on my own work.
    I’m exited to see Snix, good luck to you James! :)

• Alex L

March 12, 2013 at 4:03 pm

I’ve never thought about this until recently, but James, you and your films/videos have been more inspirational than anything else in my life. If I never would have watched one of your old AVGN videos many years ago, I probably wouldn’t have gotten into film, music, or animation like I am today. Every once in a while I sometimes lose my ambition to do what I love to do which is to make videos. But whenever you release a new AVGN, movie review, or whatever, I ALWAYS get that creative spark back in my head and I become eager to make something. I hope you keep making films/videos and keep doing what you love, because it always encourages me to do the same. I wish you luck in the future and that you never stop inspiring people like me.

• Topper Harley

March 12, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Great words. I want to make videos in the future, too (when i own a good computer), but i will be just a hobby. A hobby i want to spent much time on it. Best greetings Alex!

• Alex L

March 12, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Thanks, Harley. If you want some advice, try to use whatever you have now to make videos. Even if you have the worst of the worst camera and computer, try to make at least one video using them. It could encourage you to buy a new computer or even stay with the one you have. I used to use my friend’s Flip video camera and Movie Maker to make our silly videos with. Now I’m using Adobe Suite to make short films and animations, some of which I do for my friends over the Internet.

It’s also a cool feeling to say to people that you used to do crazy things to make movies like shoot on a VHS camera and edit film with scissors and tape or whatnot. The moral is to make due with what you have. Its the motto I’ve always lived by.

• Alex L

March 12, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Also my avatar looks like a pixelated penis. I’m alright with this.

• Topper Harley

March 14, 2013 at 6:08 pm

Thanks for the response Alex! You encourage me with your words. I will keep track on this project/hobby. A few days before i found some videos i made in the past. It’s a good feeling to see your own work, specially when it makes myself or friends laugh.
        I wish you every success for the future :)

• March 14, 2013 at 4:43 am

holy shit that does look like a penis. jealous.

• March 14, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Yours looks like a guy with tiny eyes vomiting two streams of vomit at the same time.

Wanna trade

• March 12, 2013 at 4:44 pm

I’ve followed you since I was a teenager, sort of like how I grew up with the Harry Potter films as a kid. It’s weird to think about how far you’ve come, yet uplifting as well. It’s also difficult to answer how or why you feel proud of a person that you’ve never even met. Not that it matters. Keep up the good work, Mr. Rolfe.

• tannerkish616

March 12, 2013 at 4:51 pm

I’m alright with 400 not being “epic”, but 500…don’t let that one come and go! Compilation video, perhaps?

• Daryn Grant

March 12, 2013 at 5:02 pm

James, you’re such an inspiration in my life, man.I wish I could be half as talented/funny as you. You just keep doing what you love doing, and no matter what may come, I’ll always be a huge fan!

• mbtthew

March 12, 2013 at 6:31 pm

I was one 0_o

• Thomas

March 12, 2013 at 8:34 pm

Man. So many videos. I like many of the titles you did choose. I still dont understand, how you master all those things you have to keep up. Your wife, the baby coming(congrats man. That kid will have a great childhood) your AVGN Movie & Episodes and all your other videos and projects and soooo on. You really love what your doing. Thats the only explain for this.
    To end this “i love you so much, bussi bussi” comment…
    I wish you all the best and your family and thx for your work and the entertainment.
    - A guy from Austria (Ill be back xD )

P.s: Like Officialjab said above me, that Video Store video was really great!
    Sry for my lack of english. I think its still a little better since ive started watching you vides,but…ur the judge on this. :D
    Peace out

• LicaWolf

March 13, 2013 at 12:37 am

I was waiting for Cinemassacre 400 to appear any day, turns out I already watched it without even realizing it! :P Belated congratulations for reaching the 400 mark and beyond.

I’m looking forward to the next retrospective video and to the 20th anniversary too :)

• The Kaleidoscopic God

March 13, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Well, a gigantic fucking congratulations on the baby! Don’t let your fans get in the way. I can only speak for myself, but I’m fine with one post a month (whether it’s an AVGN episode, vlog, status update, or whatever, just so we’ll hear from you) knowing you’ll be busy raising Nerd Jr.. Best of luck, man. Great times ahead.

• March 14, 2013 at 1:26 am

James, I am grateful that you have made 400+ films and that you have shared them with the world. You are truly a special gift to mankind. Whenever the world and its craziness stress me out, I can always count on one of your videos to calm me down and make me laugh. Thanks for all of the blood, sweat, and tears over the years.

• March 14, 2013 at 4:37 am

seriously james great job with everything you’ve accomplished, i don’t feel like you are better then me or some out of reach celebrity, i feel like you are my friend and i know you and that’s something you don’t find so much now-a-days. i hope everything works out great for you and i’ll be there to help you with whatever i can, like any friend should. can’t wait for SNIX!

• March 15, 2013 at 1:24 pm

Out of all your old films, SNIX is the one I’ve been wanting to see the most.

I demand a modern day remake!

• Stefanoragnopazzo

March 17, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Can’t already wait for SNIX as you wrote it.
    PS: You already did a great job with this site for me this year (runs smooth, works great with chrome [it has only one second for login] and it feels really responsive when typing) and the VHS Memories video was just about your total passion and style so don’t worry it’s fitting.

• frostare

March 19, 2013 at 4:37 pm

Gotta wonder what number will the AVGN movie be

• March 23, 2013 at 6:42 pm

James thats awesome that your uploading films that i never sawed before so can’t wait for Snix and the sequels to come on this website and keep up with the movie.

• Evan Dahl