Cinemassacre Tumblr page

James / March 7th, 2013

Mike tells me to check out this thing called Tumblr. I had no idea what it is. I thought it was the thing Batman drives. Well anyway, I’ve been taking a look at the fan submissions on there and there’s some really talented and funny stuff! Thanks everybody for submitting your songs and art.

So check it out. The official Cinemassacre Tumblr page.

We also occassionally post Behind-The-Scenes photos here, like this one fromΒ Board James: Shark Attack.
BehindScenes

Comments

• taykel

March 7, 2013 at 8:48 pm

The Tumbler page has a lot of cool stuff. I like to see more of these behind the scenes photos like this one. I never knew it was Mike holding the shark.

• sloth-machine

March 7, 2013 at 9:03 pm

Better put all those DVDs higher up on the shelf, you’ll think of this comment when your little one arrives, haha. My house has no books or DVDs on bottom shelves (home to a 1 and 3 year old) and it looks strange at first, like we are preparing for a flood.

Anyway on topic, I also love the behind the scene photos.

• Spottedfeather

March 7, 2013 at 10:15 pm

Who’s Doctor Who dvds are those on the next to bottom shelf ?

• March 8, 2013 at 12:29 am

There are no Dr. Who DVDs. I know because those are my DVDs from a picture taken over a year ago.

• Lukas Sprehn

March 8, 2013 at 11:22 am

As Mike said below, neither of them own Doctor Who episodes, in any way. They’ve said before, in an entry of Name That Tune, the one with the TV themes specifically, that it’s the TV series they’ve heard most talk about while having not actually seen it. So, I think it’s safe to say that they’re going to at some point. Maybe soon, even πŸ™‚

• March 8, 2013 at 1:18 am

Whats the point in using Tumblr if you use a blog/wordpress for the site anyway?

• Lukas Sprehn

March 8, 2013 at 11:18 am

The point of it is being able to let fans post fanart and flood their own account with pictures, like BTS stuff, so they don’t have to flood the blogs, Twitter or Facebook accounts instead. They’re using Tumblr for pictures and video shares strictly.

• March 8, 2013 at 5:46 am

Very cool to see all of the fan art and tributes. I have never been to Tumblr before the mention of it here. Keep up the hard work guys, and hope to see some film reviews from Mike, his are the shit!

• March 8, 2013 at 9:09 am

Awesosme! Very cool stuff!

• Lukas Sprehn

March 8, 2013 at 11:17 am

Cool to see the AF100 and the lens upclose πŸ˜€

• Lukas Sprehn

March 8, 2013 at 11:31 am

But James, what lens is that? I mean, both the brand and mm?

• March 8, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Hey, that’s a Olympus PEN M. Zukio Digital ED 9 – 18mm F/4.0-5.6. I use it for my wide shots, but it needs a lot of light.

• Lukas Sprehn

March 9, 2013 at 2:05 pm

@James Thanks for sharing that with me πŸ™‚ Anyway, you inspired me to go and get one of the newest Panasonic cameras out there, though it’s a DSLR. It’s said to be one of the best HDSLR packs at the moment. I got the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3, but it’s usually just called the Panasonic GH3. It works great with the Lumix zoom lens I’ve got πŸ™‚

James, if you are ever looking for a DSLR to take out with you in the field, at conventions for example, this is the one to get. Or the GH2, which can be found quite cheap with a kit lens right now at B&H.

I’m looking forward to work more on the Movie by the way. I really appreciate everything you’ve done for your fanbase for all these years!

• March 10, 2013 at 5:46 am

tumblr is for hipsters in saying that i have 1000 followers on my tumblr. i’m really not that interesting.

• frostare

March 10, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Hmmm Tumblr instead of Twitter? Now you’re talking my language

• LicaWolf

March 13, 2013 at 2:06 pm

I already follow you guys on Tumblr(I think the cinemassacre tumblr even reblogged me once). Loving the behind the scenes photos πŸ˜€