VFX artists wanted for AVGN: THE MOVIE

James / February 9th, 2013

Again, this is not the first time I’ve asked, and might not be the last. The reason I ask is because we’re overwhelmed by the amount of visual effects shots in AVGN: The Movie (something I lack experience in). While we have plenty of talented people already working on the film and I thank you all very much, that fact is, in its current state, the movie may not be done for another year! That’s why we’re asking for more help. We are looking for:

Roto artists

Paint artists

CG/3D artists

Modellers

Animators

MatchMove artists

Reply to
[email protected]

Comments

• Lukas Sprehn

February 9, 2013 at 10:15 am

I already mailed Grover about extremely tallented CG modellers and artists that I have met who has expressed interest in helping you.

• February 9, 2013 at 11:55 am

damn i wish I could help but I don’t know anyone who does VFX and CG.

• Barton Baker

February 9, 2013 at 12:51 pm

I am probably not suggesting anything you haven’t already thought of but have you thought about reaching out to different content creators on YouTube? 2 specifically that come to mind (though undoubtedly there are many others) are Jake Jarvi, creator of the Platoon of Power Squadron and Freddie Wong. I would suggest personally reaching out to these and others so that even if they themselves are either unable or it isn’t feasible due to cost, they be able to point you in the direction of those who can. I wish I could have simply said, “I’ll do it.” Unfortunately, Karel and Hypercard are the extent of my visual effects expertise.(It’s OK to laugh) Fingers crossed you get the help you require. And remember to “live like a windrammer as you f*ck”.

• Lukas Sprehn

February 9, 2013 at 3:40 pm

Freddie Wong will not have the time. He is currently shooting and producing Video Game High School Season 2. I wouldn’t ask him though, because even though his VFX is good, it’s not really feature film-level VFX. It’s more like… TV sketch stuff. It varies sometimes though, and some of his stuff is definitely awesome :D

• March 5, 2013 at 12:31 am

Perhaps not Freddie Wong, but maybe the guys from CorridorDigital would be of some help. They have experience in feature length (watch their movie Sync). And as have been said before, if they themselves can’t help, they could maybe recommend someone who can.

• February 9, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Oooh, I’d love to work on this, but I fear I am not yet good enough. If you make a second film, I’ll send you my contact info in a jiffy!

• Tre Ferro

February 9, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Please hurry up and finish that movie!

• February 10, 2013 at 4:39 am

Just take you time James I rather wait one more year to see a great an awesome movie than to see a rushed movie
    Godd luck mate we all belive in you!

• coolman756

February 10, 2013 at 6:26 am

I don’t understand those people who can’t wait. Don’t you have anything else to do with your life? Also, would you not rather prefer a coherent, polished product over a rushed one? Just don’t listen to them. Don’t rush it for this summer if you can’t finish it properly. But I guess you already know that. Next summer is fine too. It’s also my only chance attempting the premiere. I live in France, I need a plane, and for that I need money. And I’m a student. Fuck my life. Good luck!

• An Heroic Hippo

February 10, 2013 at 8:11 am

I recommend you ask around at colleges for teachers that may specialize in these fields. I took a Multimedia course at Fanshawe College in London ON, and our 3D modeling and animation teacher was part of the animation team behind Batman Arkham Asylum. Specifically, he worked on the animations for the Joker. Hell, maybe there’s some teacher out there that’s a fan of your work, and would want to help out.

• February 10, 2013 at 5:49 pm

I would love to participate in this.

• inatspong

February 10, 2013 at 7:34 pm

I know quite a few student modelers who would love the opportunity. I’ll pass this on to them.

• February 10, 2013 at 8:52 pm

I think you may be able to find some Paint Artists around Deviant Art. I’m sure you’ll find alot of art, but not sure if you’ll find what your looking for.

Though I anticipate the completion of this movie, I’ll agree with some people here: Don’t rush it! Things just fall flat otherwise. Try squeezing in an AVGN Episode just to keep us entertained. :)

/Edward

• BrandeX

February 10, 2013 at 11:48 pm

Might be a long shot, but I’d contact Andrew Kramer of http://www.videocopilot.net maybe he would be willing to do a short scene or 2 if a link to his site (sells pro level tutorials, see link) is included in the credits as an advertising exchange?

• culwin

February 11, 2013 at 1:08 am

Hire whoever did Birdemic.
    Incredible realism.

• KT Koskela

February 12, 2013 at 6:52 pm

May I recommend… Tippett Studio, founded by effects wizard Phil Tippett? Or employing people via WreckaMovie.com.

• February 14, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Get Mike Jittlov! If you can find him, that is.

• February 17, 2013 at 8:26 pm