Composer Bear McCreary on AVGN: The Movie

James / December 21st, 2012

Check out this MTV article on Bear McCreary, composer of The Walking Dead, Battlestar Galactica, and coming up: Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie!

Comments

• ramo10

December 21, 2012 at 9:10 am

wow his favorite game music is from megaman x? Awsome :D, you sure make me more and more hyped for the movie ^^

• December 21, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Great interview with McCreary. I’m glad he’s just as big a fan of your work as the rest of us are. I can’t wait to see the movie in its entirety. I ask a favor though, James. Could you try and update us all in the near future as to how things are going with the filming you’ve been doing since you returned home to Philadelphia? We’d love to see some new photos of what you’re working on. I know you’ve been exceptionally busy, but it would be a real treat for us to see the progression of your film. Again, can’t wait to see the film in its entirety. I know it’s going to be great just from the trailer I saw. :)

• flukesy

December 21, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Great interview. I’m so looking forward to the movie

• Lukas Sprehn

December 21, 2012 at 6:27 pm

I’m so excited that this was finally confirmed! I hope, though, that he will still work alongside Kyle Justin. That would be awesome!

Stay creative,
    Best,
    - Lukas

• nostalgiavhs

December 21, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Nice, how’d you manage to hire this guy

• Lukas Sprehn

May 17, 2014 at 1:34 pm

James and Bear are good buddies. Bear did the music on the Christmas special in 2010. You know “How the Nerd Stole Christmas”. Bear turned out to be a huge fan of James and the AVGN series, which is why he reached out to James in the first place to score that episode.

• Steven

December 22, 2012 at 1:19 am

The world didn’t end so you know what that means. You have to actually start working on makeing this movie lol. Its not to bad though, I say you take what very little money you didn’t blow on cocaine and hookers grab Mike and Kyle and make 1 long ass game review of E.T. You may want to add some of that crap from the trailer aswell. Lol (just fucking with you) the movie sounds better everyday. Cant wait.

• December 22, 2012 at 9:21 pm

You’re a mean one, Mr. Nerd.

• coolman756

December 23, 2012 at 8:23 am

@nostalgiavhs: Did you even read the interview?

I love this guy for his work on The Walking Dead and I’ve been hoping he would be the composer for the movie, so that’s great news, although it was pretty obvious since the trailer came out.

I’m really excited about the Theme song being included in the movie, too. Maybe you should consider using it in the episodes again, James, cause I really miss it and I’m sure I’m not the only one. Maybe an updated version, or whatever.

• Slayer_Boxer

December 26, 2012 at 1:42 pm

• Ben_from_G-town

February 19, 2013 at 10:25 am

Interesting interview. I have to say, I haven’t anticipated a movie this much since the first live action Transformers! I can’t wait much longer!