UFO Movie Quizbook (Part 2)

James / November 2nd, 2012

Description: Mike Matei and James Rolfe do some more trivia from the UFO Movie Quizbook.

Comments

• BlazeHeatnix

November 2, 2012 at 11:47 pm

Oh my god you actually moved back to Youtube instead of messing with Springboard? What took you so long?

• khriptus

November 2, 2012 at 11:52 pm

What you guys think about the remake of the day the earth stood still?

• November 3, 2012 at 12:28 am

its amazing how much you guys know about movies

• Iron65

November 3, 2012 at 1:04 am

nice quiz :)

• fcabanski

November 3, 2012 at 2:47 am

Police, which is how Klaatu describes Gort, use violence to stop violence. In this case Gort would destroy the Earth if it was deemed that their violence would threaten galactic peace.

• Stefanoragnopazzo

November 3, 2012 at 3:22 am

It exists an Hollow Man 2 without Kevin Bacon? (aka the best actor in the world forever…obviously)
    That is bullshit.

• November 3, 2012 at 3:38 am

The Day Gort Didn’t Stand Still

• Lanlost

November 3, 2012 at 4:23 am

I have nowhere else to post this so I’m just going to hope Mike or James sees this here..

Anyway, I think James should drop the word “Nerd” from his movie title and just make it the “Angry Video Game Movie” which flows better, including the acronym AVGM.

It’s what I end up saying naturally anyway.

• zengie

November 3, 2012 at 4:25 am

Amazingly Springboard works fine here in Holland.. Got adblock?

• stickemup

November 3, 2012 at 6:42 am

it’s not Kevin Bacon in Hollow Man 2, dudes, it’s actually much worse. it’s Christian Slater. (who else, I mean, this is the man who was Alone In The Dark)

• JoEy TeRrIfYiNg

November 3, 2012 at 6:47 am

I actually got most of these answers right but I did just see this movie like a week or so ago when I believe it was AMC aired it. I knew the answer to Gorts purpose as soon as I heard the question because I remembered Klaatu describing Gort as like police for when things get out of hand. The space suit color question did have me stumped though.

• geramul

November 3, 2012 at 7:23 am

3:50 Peace through power. Despite the obvious Command and Conquer reference, this is true in real life as well, as sad as it may be.

• November 3, 2012 at 7:43 am

Cool guys, I remember this movie mostly as it was my dad’s favorite as a kid, so I remember as a boy myself paying close attention to it for that reason.

I loved the remake because I was drunk in a hotel room with a big ass plate of 30 hot wings sitting in front of me…I don’t remember the actual movie…

Invisible man with Chevy Chase, the only scene I can remember is in the beginning, I thought to myself, what an ass-hole, showing up to a job hung over as Otis fackin Campbell!

• geddon

November 3, 2012 at 10:59 am

I think you can answer the suit question based on promo shots like this.

• November 3, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Hey, I noticed some interesting DVDs in your collection Mike. “The Hilarious House of Frightenstein” is a very nostalgic show for me. I loved it when I was a kid.

I noticed you also have The Hidden Fortress, one of the inspirations for Star Wars. I’m a fan of Akira Kurosawa movies. I recommend “Yojimbo”, “Sanjuro” and “Rashomon” if you’ve never seen them and they look excellent on Blu-ray.

• Ace

November 3, 2012 at 2:15 pm

The power of invisibility is bullshit, because if you’re invisible, you’re also blind. Instead of images reflecting onto the retina to be transmitted to the brain, the light would just pass through your invisible eyes and leave you nothing to process…

That out of the way, love the trivia videos. Simple in production compared to an AVGN or the like, but the casual tone makes one feel like you’re hanging out with buds on the couch rather than watching a production. Looking forward to part 3!

• Pompkinini

November 4, 2012 at 9:01 am

That music reminds me of Eric the Midget. *ack ack!*

• chucktheslice

November 5, 2012 at 10:41 am

wow I never realized the similarities between this movie and the watchman. In watchman the comedian burns a map and basically says the world will be turned to cinder, and Dr.Manhattan basically acts as Gort by the end of the movie where all war ends due to the greater fear of Dr.Manhattan, an indestructible man.

• B4You

November 6, 2012 at 10:41 pm

• Sniffie

November 8, 2012 at 7:32 pm

i actually dont like youtube, you cant fullscreen unless you’re watching from youtube…

• Rick

January 19, 2014 at 2:33 am

LANLOST… that’s actually a GREAT idea. It does flow better and it sounds good :) you should email James about it. Maybe at the help page. I mean, at least they check that one regularly.