AVGN Movie Trailer Premiere dates

James / November 1st, 2012

Just a reminder. The AVGN Movie trailer will be hitting the web soon. Before that, we will be premiering it LIVE at two events. One on the West coast and one on the East coast. If you happen to live near one of these locations, come be one of the first people to get a sneak peak at the trailer.

The first event is in Hollywood, CA. It’s a sponsored event by GameTrailers. In fact, I just checked and it seems like it’s sold out. In case anything changes, check here for details. I will NOT be there, but my writing and directing partner Kevin Finn will be there, with producer Sean Keegan to represent.

The second event is very different. This one, we ourselves rented the space, and my wife did a lot of work organizing the event. It’s at the Colonial Theater in Phoenixville, PA. The same theater where The Blob was filmed! I WILL BE THERE to host the screening. I’ll show two past AVGN episodes, the Movie Trailer, some behind-the-scenes images and then a Q&A session. After that, I’ll be available to sign autographs or shake some hands. I’ll try my best to get to as many people as possible.

Friday, November 9, 2012
6:30pm
The Colonial Theatre
227 Bridge Street
Phoenixville, PA 19460
Tickets $15
Tickets can be purchased online here. You must have a ticket to enter.  Tickets are limited and are general admission – meaning seats are first come first serve. Parking is not available at the Colonial Theater.
This is an “R” rated event (for language), so those under the age of 17 must be accompanied by an adult.

As for the web premiere, it won’t be like the new Godzilla teaser where it screens at Comic Con, then disappears into oblivion. We’re planning to post it that same weekend. I’ll also be doing a signing at RetroCon on November 11. It’ll be a big weekend for sure!

Comments

• scat3710

November 1, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Where is the Midwest Love? =)

• Gorey O' Rotten

November 1, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Another amazing event in history that I will miss out on… CURSE YOU MONEY!!!!

• russiancthulhu

November 1, 2012 at 2:44 pm

good luck, James.
    I wish I could visit your event. But anyway, if you gonna post the trailer same weekend, I think I’ll make my own premiere party for my buddies. Maybe a little AVGN marathon, with the trailer to conclude the event.
    Do you mind?

• Koobion

November 1, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Hi James! :)

I’ll be attending the screening on the 9th, and I’m also going to the convention on the 11th. My girlfriend, brother and I had been planning on going to RetroCon ever since you announced you’ll be there. Adding the trailer showing on the 9th was just AMAZING news for us. We’ve been long time fans, and I swear I’ve never been as excited for anything as I am to finally meet you.

Your videos have been such an inspiration for me, and they’ve helped me get through a very difficu.t recent few years. I just wanted to let you know, because I don’t know if I’d have enough time in person to truly thank you.

• Slayer40k

November 1, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Hey James, would you allow worldwide events takening place between the first live screening and the online premiere to screen the trailer once for one of there events?

• MR__HYD3

November 1, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Luv u James! no homo

• November 1, 2012 at 4:49 pm

@russiancthulhu
    Yes I honestly love that idea. Don’t do it on account of me, but if it’s something you want to do, go for it.

• GameDudeMat

November 1, 2012 at 5:54 pm

Hey James! I have been a fan since 2009! And though I love the A.V.G.N. videos I really like the Cinemassacre 200 video! You have inspired me to get going and film myself! Check out my channel sometime if you like! And I await the trailer and of course,.. the movie!

( my channel ) http://www.youtube.com/user/Gamedudemat

Keep up the awesome work!

• November 1, 2012 at 11:31 pm

I wish I could make it out to these James! I can’t wait to see it once it’s released to the internet. Good luck on the premiere I’m sure everything will go as planned!

• Steven Jielburg

November 2, 2012 at 12:01 am

Damn. If I could completely skip my classes on the 9th, I’d totally make it to Philly. Sadly, I can’t make it. It would have been awesome to go! I hope it’s a blast. :D

• Steven Jielburg

November 2, 2012 at 12:02 am

Sorry, Phoenixville. :P

• majikman19

November 2, 2012 at 2:25 am

if it were in san antonio, texas where i live, i def would go. sadly i will not, but i will have a avgn and all around cinemassacre marathon and i’ll be there in spirit :)

• MIKER

November 2, 2012 at 3:49 am

The Colonial Theater, damn thats cool. Props to your wife!

• illusion92

November 2, 2012 at 5:51 am

Years ago, I was going through a really rough time in life and became a partial insomniac. I found the AVGN videos at that point, and I had marathons each night that kept me smiling until I passed out.

I’ve been a fan ever since, and seeing your movie is going to make my year. Thanks for all the joy and memories, James!

• AbsoluteDeicide

November 2, 2012 at 7:30 am

PA’s too far of a drive for me, but good luck. Can’t wait to watch the trailer online.

• DavidB

November 2, 2012 at 9:48 am

Congrats and I’m looking forward to the movie (not the preview, but the actual movie) more than any other upcoming movie. (Well, maybe ‘Wreck it Ralph’ is close.)

However, considering that this was really a fan-financed movie….it seems more logical to share it directly with the online fans who paid for it.

Really, this is a grassroots movie, and I just wish that would be embraced, rather than trying to copy Hollywood. (Didn’t the Hollywood cartel reject the opportunity to finance the AVGN movie, anyway? So I don’t understand the desire to now buddy up with them for the release or distribution.)

• Lodmot

November 2, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Can’t wait to see the trailer! I’m definitely gonna be there with my dad. :3

• nate64

November 2, 2012 at 11:36 pm

well shit my geographical local fucks me once again. GL on ya’lls trailer premiere. I’ll be theer in spirit while drinking alot of spirits.

• montrealmatt

November 3, 2012 at 9:07 am

;( What about your northern canadian neighbors ?!
    A lot of AVGN fans in Montréal, Québec !
    Je comprends James… nous attendrons la sortie officielle… merci!

• sidora

November 3, 2012 at 9:47 am

yeah you should come to Montreal sometime!

Good luck on your big weekend.

• matty0327

November 3, 2012 at 10:36 am

James. I got a question. When the movie is released, is it gonna be on Youtube? Or in an actual theater?

• ditka187

November 3, 2012 at 11:40 am

just one more week!!! I will be there in Phoenixville.

• Elwin Rijken

November 3, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Cant wait to see this trailer!!!

• November 3, 2012 at 6:34 pm

See ya in Phoenixville! Making the trip from Harrisburg, PA.

• JJRambo

November 3, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Awesome!!

• the flash

November 4, 2012 at 6:14 am

will i be able to watch it if i live in England ?

• misterprickly

November 4, 2012 at 8:24 am

Are you still going on about that?
    Show it already!

I pity those people who are PAYING to see a trailer.

More dollars than sense!

• November 4, 2012 at 10:14 am

misterprickly – perhaps this is a way for james to raise funds to complete his movie. Besides, it seems a lot of work went into this event. What a cool thing for the fans! And James is going to be there. its an AVGN event! There’s not a whole lot of those. This sounds amazingly cool. I wish I could be there, this will be a great time.

• Fortune

November 4, 2012 at 9:22 pm

is there a way to live stream the trailer when it releases?

• coolman756

November 5, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Oh boy, I’m really looking forward to seeing that trailer.

• Agent13

November 6, 2012 at 2:39 am

Just came back from the GT Film Festival. The trailer and behind the scenes videos are great! Excellent work James! I can’t wait for the release of the movie.

• doemaaan

November 6, 2012 at 8:19 am

@ agent 13 – was waiting to see if someone would show their feedback. good to hear. can’t wait to see this thing myself.

• Mataoja

November 6, 2012 at 2:05 pm

GT Film Festival was an overall awesome event. The trailer got me even more excited for the movie. Kevin handing me a Rolling Rock, and throwing me an Eee Tee cart made my night. Thanks guys!

• vaultmartyr

November 6, 2012 at 5:08 pm

does anyone know if the AVGN film will be released in the UK

• November 7, 2012 at 8:02 am

I would LOVE to come, but the first come first serve is too much of a risk, if I told my daughter she was going to meet her beloved “Diarrhea” but arrived and couldn’t get in, I’d be crushed!

My best to you, Kevin and Sean, I hope that both events go swimmingly!

• FoxBoy

November 7, 2012 at 10:14 pm

does anyone know if the AVGN film will be released in Portugal?
    Keep up the good work.

• zander

November 8, 2012 at 10:11 pm

This is great, I’ve been waiting for this movie for the longest of times, and now to finally get a real idea as to what’s in store is exciting. The only real question is that, will it be released in Canada. PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

-Thanks, from one of many big fans.

• DMM_poo

November 8, 2012 at 11:27 pm

See you tomorrow night in Phoenixville, James! This is so awesome! I used to live right down the block from the theatre in an apartment above Xpress pizza, but I’ve never been to the theatre. I started watching your vids in 2008 or so. I think the Superman 64 review was my first episode. I’m looking forward to an interesting/unique/fun night.

• naginfog

November 9, 2012 at 6:11 am

Waiting for the trailer and the movie, a lot of greetings, fans from Croatia.

• Shazza1990

November 9, 2012 at 8:03 am

Good thing I live down here in Australia haha. Still, can’t wait to see this trailer :D

• Kamdan

November 9, 2012 at 8:10 am

• dxeel

November 9, 2012 at 8:38 am

What about us people from Europe?:D we want to see the trailer as well, please James, we are dying here.Hope you will consider us, Greetings from Transylvania.

• adder_doner2

November 9, 2012 at 11:01 am

“Why do you need $15 if you’re just going to show a trailer? Didn’t that Kickstarter money cover all of that?”

Because a) Renting a theatre isn’t a free venture, especially re: event 1 (in Hollywood, CA I can just imagine…) b) Event 2 he’ll also be there doing signings etc.

• November 9, 2012 at 12:02 pm

@Kamdan
    Depending on the turnout tonight, we just about barely broke even with the costs of renting the theatre and buying insurance. This is separate from the movie budget and is coming out of my own pocket, if we don’t break even. And no, it’s not just the trailer.
    * Introductions by me
    * Live screenings of two past AVGN Episodes (R.O.B. and Speilberg Games)
    * Trailer
    * Exclusive Behind The Scenes video that is ONLY being shown at the event.
    * Q&A (People ask me questions)
    * Autograph signing

Reasons for doing it.
    1) There’s nothing like a live audience. To be able to hear their reactions and get instant feedback is very important to me.
    2) This is the first time I ever booked a theater myself and I’m learning from it. It’s an experiment for when it comes time to show the actual movie around.
    3) It’s a historical theater in need of restoration. Portions of the tickets go to restoration fees. I’m all about preserving film history.

• TruSoulja91

November 9, 2012 at 1:00 pm

“As for the web premiere, it won’t be like the new Godzilla teaser where it screens at Comic Con, then disappears into oblivion.”
    LOL I’m still looking for that trailer!

• Lodmot

November 9, 2012 at 1:22 pm

See you tonight James! :D This is gonna be a great night!

• TheProfessor

November 9, 2012 at 2:02 pm

I’m a loyal avgn/james rolfe fan. Don’t get me wrong and maybe I’m speaking from an “uneducated” point of view, but this whole trailer thing just feel like you’re milking it. Not saying it is, just saying what it feels like to one person. If anything, the people who donated to the film should see the trailer first. And I get the whole “celebration” aspect of showing a trailer, but why show it to a couple hundred people when posting it online would reach several hundred thousand people. Again, just feel like it’s being milked before it goes online for free.

I’ve stuck with James through all the things thrown at him by critics and haters. I’ve kept the faith through the whole Cheetahmen debacle. And even kept my mouth shut about all the subpar “filler” content over the last few months. But my patience, and I assume that of other fans is wearing thin.

I realize James has to capitalize on the AVGN phenomenon and strike while the iron is hot. Just seems all the “striking” is what’s making it cool down. If you get my metaphor.

• Thifurious

November 9, 2012 at 2:18 pm

I really don’t see how anybody has any right to suggest that James is milking this at all; It’s unfounded completely in my opinion.

Even if in some twisted way somebody can justify their complaints, it’s not as if you’re entitled to anything or have any reason to believe that James isn’t working his tail off developing and promoting his movie. Donators will surely see the trailer very soon *wink*.

• DMM_poo

November 9, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Heading over now!

• Senna4ever

November 9, 2012 at 5:03 pm

@ TheProfessor.
    James has already explained the idea behind the trailer showing up there ^^^.

He’s not making money from this, he’s rented out a movie theatre from his own pocket…which is not cheap.
    Plus profits from the show are going toward restoring this iconic movie theatre.

Personally it seems James is being VERY generous and helping keep a slice of movie history alive and pleasing fans at the same time.

As for “milking”…what is he doing any different to any other movie release which also “milk” their release?
    It’s crazy, but it’s almost as if James is running some kind of production company…Oh wait, he is.

Just to finish, it’s clearly stated the trailer will be hitting the web soon.
    So what exactly is the “problem” here?

• Luka1184

November 9, 2012 at 6:30 pm

It’s time for the Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie trailer premire!
    Enjoy, everyone who’s there! Enjoy the interviews, the handshakes with James Rolfe himself, autographs and the Q&A, and of course the grand thing you’ve come to see: the trailer to the feature film based on the Nerd character.

Join the Trailer event on Facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/events/404389356301536/

Stay creative,
    - Lukas

• Definition

November 9, 2012 at 11:44 pm

Damn. Please do some events in western PA instead of Philadelphia. I’d love to attend one of these.

• Lodmot

November 9, 2012 at 11:52 pm

Hey James

Just wanted to say that you guys were fucking awesome tonight! Me and my dad had like the greatest time seeing you and Mike there. Hope everything’s going well with you, your family, and everyone else at Cinemassacre, and we wish you all a happy holidays! ^^

I’m really eager to see the movie when it’s released, and we’ll likely see you again next year! Take care guys. ^^

• Lanlost

November 10, 2012 at 1:21 am

It’d be really awesome if the trailer was uploaded here tonight. It’s my ex’s birthday today and I REALLY miss her so this would be a great distraction.

Distraction being a light way to put it since I’ve been waiting for this since the day the movie was announced.

Also, glad to hear that the event went well. Phew, I bet that felt so bad ass to finally show it off!

• Lanlost

November 10, 2012 at 2:40 am

Also, James / Mike / Kevin / Sean, how can I help get the movie itself (when it’s ready) in a local theater?

I know of a theater around here (in Columbus, Ohio) that is a small single screen that serves beer and popcorn that would be PERFECT. I’m pretty sure I can work my magic and convince them to let me set it all up but I wanted to know what that would cost or how we could work it out.

I just don’t want to miss seeing it on the big screen. If anyone else from Columbus would be interested in going to this or helping me out please let me know.

brent.rittenhouse@gmail.com

• Jay Decay

November 10, 2012 at 2:40 am

• November 10, 2012 at 3:14 am

Great trailer James, really look forward to the film, hopefully you will be able to get a wide release after it officially goes public I am sure it will get a lot of attention which will hopefully help your efforts in a theatrical run.

Again awesome trailer I like all the little things in there and from seeing all your reviews and videos its cool seeing the influences from other films you kind of pay homage to. Great stuff :)

• Senna4ever

November 10, 2012 at 4:57 am

Hmmmmm.
    The trailer is on Cinemassacre’s YouTube channel, but not on Cinemassacre itself?

• November 10, 2012 at 8:52 am

@Senna4ever – because it was sent through indiegogo to those that donated and wasn’t intended to be made public yet:

“Change of plans, a link to the trailer for Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie will now be in your in box on Saturday morning, November 10th. You will still be seeing it before it’s made public. Enjoy!”

Anyway, loved it, awesome awesome job everyone can’t wait to see it!
    Hope last night went without a hitch and everyone had fun!

• November 10, 2012 at 12:39 pm

@Senna4ever & @analbag – the link was also handed out on little sheets of paper at the end of the Phoenixville premiere. It will be officially public tonight!

• AVGNXPERT

November 10, 2012 at 1:30 pm

james when you have finished the movie and are doing avgn episodes
    do call of duty just for a joke lol imagine the nerd like wtf then gets killed.

• November 10, 2012 at 5:28 pm

I’m shocked to find that the trailer has leaked so much. For that reason, I’m posting it a little earlier than expected. Glad you liked it though.

• ImYourFan

November 10, 2012 at 6:54 pm

So James, Can you upload the movie on your channel BUT no the whole movie just like the first 15 mins so like a free/pre-view. This doesn’t mean you can make money from the movie (you can but just upload a 15 minute free/pre-view). Thx! :D

• ImYourFan

November 10, 2012 at 6:58 pm

@AVGNXPERT lol your right imagine what happens when he plays MW3 with all those crappy spawns that come left and right and sometimes behind you! BTW who remembers the time that he said something like “An Xbox one of these new consoles it might have good graphics,it might even be in 3-D.”*Puts on the game* 6 seconds later *EXPLOSION!!!*

• November 10, 2012 at 7:23 pm

@James Hey that’s the interwebs man, some asspacket gets ahold of the goods and robin hoods it to the populous. But it was kickass man, me and the fam can’t wait to see the movie!

PS from my 4yr old daughter: she LOVED the ninja turtle pizza vid, I’d love to see something similar, I bet we watch that at least once a day :)

• Seel

November 10, 2012 at 8:18 pm

James, it’s freaking amazzzzing, can’t wait for release now :C

• Thifurious

November 11, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Meeting James and Mike at the trailer premiere and Retrocon were experiences that I will never forget. I had such a good time that words can’t really express how much it meant to me.

Thanks so much guys, and to everybody involved.

• November 12, 2012 at 2:39 am

Loved the Trailer….. something about a general with a tank for legs…..

• Harro

November 12, 2012 at 6:25 pm

Can someone write the dialogues of the trailer please? I would like to translate the vidéo in french but sometimes it’s really hard to understand. Since english is not my mother tongue, some slang phrases escape me.
    I would also like to be faithful to the original, so if someone can take 5 minutes to do that, it would be appreciated.

(you can send me the texte at ak_harr@hotmail.com )

• paulstokeuk760

November 13, 2012 at 6:25 am

will the dvd be available in the uk?

please please please let it be so ;.)

• ninjabackwards

November 14, 2012 at 5:40 am

Trailer really looks awesome. Looks like it’s going to be a great movie. Can’t wait for it to be released.

• komothoes

November 15, 2012 at 9:52 am

are we going to get the movie before christmas