Hear me on 80’s Horror Podcast – ThisWeekInGeek

James / October 28th, 2012

I talked 80’s horror with ThisWeekInGeek. Thanks guys for including me again. Check it out right here.

Comments

• October 28, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Very cool! An unexpected additional along with all the monster madness is great.

• Snejku

October 28, 2012 at 9:29 pm

I see

• October 28, 2012 at 10:50 pm

The movie he was referring to around 1:05 is called the men behind the sun. I saw this movie on a late night public access horror host show when i was a kid and i never forgot it, truly fucked up film.

• hammerhorrortexas

October 28, 2012 at 11:35 pm

This is very entertaining to listen to. I’ve never heard of thisweekingeek, but I like it and will check it out more often. I like when the host of the show is recalling his childhood memories from a horror movie book that he read at his school library that introduced him to the world of film special effects and who Tom Savini is. Very cool! James, if you release another dvd, this audio podcast would be very fitting for as an extra.

• orc145626

October 29, 2012 at 11:11 am

you should rename this podcast to netflix 80’s horror whats in my netflix que

• NeoGhost

October 29, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Penn and Teller are awesome on everything they do! I can see why you would like them as horror hosts. You guys talking about Elvira reminded me my grandpa has an Elvira cardboard cut out in his garage. I always thought that was cool to look at while i was growing up and I would tap that too. I mean Elvira not the cardboard cut out haha. Can’t wait to see the AVGN movie! Have a happy Halloween James and Mike! You guys are cool as fuck 🙂

• likalaruku

October 31, 2012 at 1:14 am

I wouldn’t mind it if you did a podcast anytime you don’t have time for a video. I listen to them when I play Minecraft, & whenever I visit a building, I can remember what podcast I was listening to & what they were talking about.

• frakballz

November 4, 2012 at 12:28 am

In Houston, our local host was Captain Harold, who hosted “Captain Harold’s Theatre Of The Sky.” He used to wear this nutty WWII bomber pilot getup w/ sunglasses. My fav was Elvira though, she was hot. XP Still, I miss Harold though. I remember one of the last films if not the last he ever did for Channel 2-“It Came From Green Hell.” A generic B N W Horror films from the 50’s about monsters from a Jungle, might be giant ants. My memory’s kinda fuzzy on that part because it was so long ago. XP

• frakballz

November 4, 2012 at 12:46 am

Before Monster Madness was TNT’s “100% Wierd.” I wish they’d mention this too in their commentaries. I loved that show. 🙁