AVGN Movie Trailer – West Coast date added!

James / October 16th, 2012

November 5th, you can get a sneak peak at the AVGN Movie Trailer in Hollywood as as part of the GameTrailers film festival. It’s an 18+ event, and you need to RSVP. See here, for more details.

For those on the East Coast, there’s the Nov 9th screening at the Colonial Theater in Phoenixville, PA. I will be there doing a Q&A. See here, for more details about that one.

The online debut will follow shortly afterwards.

Comments

• SsJVastp

October 16, 2012 at 2:46 pm

It’s awesome to see that it’s starting to see the light of day! I don’t expect it to be playing in any theaters in Canada, so I was wondering:
    Maybe you can contact Netflix and have them stream your movie? Since we all got to know AVGN through the internet, maybe we can all enjoy your movie using the Internet as well!

Whatever happens, I will still buy your DVD (if I get to watch it or not beforehand). Keep it up, James! We always knew you’d make it!

• frostare

October 16, 2012 at 2:55 pm

The Internet will have it one way or another, so I might as well have it legal. Wait a second, does this mean the movie is done with the editing part? Or as a whole?

• October 16, 2012 at 3:00 pm

@SsJVastp

Thanks very much! When the movie is done eventually, we hope to bring it to as many cities as possible. Toronoto comes to mind, since I was there this past summer for a convention.

These events we’re doing for the trailer are sort of a test, to get some kind of idea of how it’ll go when we’re trying to show the actual movie. Booking my own live events is a new experience for me. I’ll be learning as I go.

Since it’ll be hard to bring it everywhere in the world, Netflix or something like that may be a good way to go. It’s cutting edge and everybody’s using the internet today. Of course, we plan on a DVD/ Blu-ray as well, but we’ll look into online options too.

• October 16, 2012 at 3:03 pm

@frostare

The movie isn’t even done shooting. After we finished the California locations, it took a long time for me to settle back into my home and now it feels like Pre-Production all over again, gearing up for the last scenes. There’s some editing going on as we speak, so it’s all over the place. It’ll come together in the end. And yes, you’re right about the internet.

• serenity_may

October 16, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Is there any way to schedule a special screening of the movie when it comes out?

I live in Salt Lake City and we have an awesome theater that is called Brewvies. The gimmick is movies food and best of all beer. I could be happy to coordinate if this is a possibility.

• Zero

October 16, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Dear James,

Seeing as how this movie is gonna be played in theaters in Toronto do you think you can play at Selkirk Manitoba as well? Also I heard there was a “Audio”(Like a Music Playlist) section of this site but I can’t seem to find it did you guys get rid of it? Also I hope to see this movie in Selkirk as you have fans there as well LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE IT =3

• Koobion

October 16, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Sweet! It’s fantastic that the movie is already going to get all’ve this exposure. We’re extremely excited to see the trailer on the 9th and meet you, James!

• Keith the Genesis Geek

October 16, 2012 at 4:01 pm

I’m really hoping for a screening in Toronto. James had a pretty big surprise with his fan base at Con Bravo. So hopefully that is a good enough indication, We love AVGN up here and I of course help spread the word of Cinemassacre and The AVGN.too 🙂

• October 16, 2012 at 4:19 pm

I look forward to the trailers and of course the movie! Keep grinding it out James!

• JayReviews

October 16, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Wait, so is this event completely free? As in, as long as you RSVP and show up on time, you can enter and view the trailer without paying for anything?

• vcfghgfhfgg

October 16, 2012 at 4:40 pm

I am extremely annoyed by this whole “show the trailer only to a select few” thing. Just release a “teaser” which can be very short, but do it openly. It will make people talk and long for the full thing. Right now, I have NO IDEA what it’s gonna be like. It makes me unable to look forward to it.

• October 16, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Exciting stuff!!!

• AidanCKY

October 16, 2012 at 5:10 pm

I hate living in the UK sometimes, i’d love to come see your film and see yourself aswell! Cant wait to see the trailer, and can’t wait to make your movie the first one i’ve actually been excited enough to buy in the past 5 years!

Keep up the good work James!

• FilmMaker99

October 16, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Hey James , Will You Come To Dallas,TX for Screwattack Gaming Convention?

• alexmustang692012

October 16, 2012 at 5:41 pm

THIS IS FUCKING AMAZING. I think its awesome to see James have a feature length film of his own going through Hollywood. All fans know that this is his dream…and it’s becoming true..CONGRATS JAMES!!!!!

• alexmustang692012

October 16, 2012 at 5:43 pm

I SWEAR I’M GONNA SHIT MY PANTS WHEN I SEE THIS…

• October 16, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Man, I wish I lived somewhere along one of the coasts of the US…. but I live in the Netherlands. We have to Eureally patient (I know, boos on the bad pun) but with all the anticipation building, it’s gonna be a hell of a blast!!! Can’t wait for the trailer and all the best with the fiming, editing and post-production!

Best of luck from Holland!

• jdshald

October 16, 2012 at 6:56 pm

James, are you attending the west coast event?

• BlazeHeatnix

October 16, 2012 at 7:25 pm

@James

Before the trailer gets shown, can you give us a screenshot or two? 😀

• jdshald

October 16, 2012 at 7:29 pm

uh I would go if it were the movie premiere but I don’t have the money for gas to drive over there at the moment. hope the event goes well. can’t wait to see the trailer.

• drbermudez

October 16, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Awesome news!! I don’t know if a US release includes Puerto Rico, but I’ll buy the BluRay when it comes out. I did my own AVGN tribute on youTube 2 months ago (you can look it up in youTube by searching retromusicologo avgn tribute) simply because I was hyped about this movie. Hope to see more AVGN episodes and keep ’em coming!! There’s still more and more games to review.

• Norteno del Sur

October 16, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Maybe in Mexico?
    I wanna see it right now! D:

• Keydsimon

October 16, 2012 at 10:36 pm

I can’t wait to see the trailer !

• shuu

October 16, 2012 at 10:53 pm

Do you have any plans for special features such as a gag reel..a behind the scenes look.. any of that shit? That could be neat.

• Naccarius

October 16, 2012 at 11:50 pm

I’ll be there in PA!

• culwin

October 16, 2012 at 11:50 pm

Why don’t you do a screening at my house.

• Flinty

October 17, 2012 at 7:14 am

Can’t wait to see the trailer!

I know I’m not alone when I say I’d love to see the AVGN movie in cinemas here in the UK. There are some absolutely fantastic independent cinemas here in London that are creatively-minded and I’m sure many of them would be amenable to a one-off screening or short run of the AVGN movie. I would really recommend you research The Prince Charles Cinema in particular; it is unique and has a real thing for cheese and horror (they’re currently screening Killer Clowns from Outer Space among a plethora of other things for Halloween!). It does private hire for screenings, and they relish a bit of novelty. They’re also in Leicester Square, the centre of London!

Just a thought, as I think they’d really love the whole AVGN movie concept.

Kind regards,
    Stephanie

• Elogotar

October 17, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Pissed I can’t make that seeing as I live in South Carolina. Can’t wait for somebody there to record it and post it on YouTube. 😛

• tweight

October 17, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Thnking about the huge and constantly growing fan base your AVGN character has made, you should probably be expecting some more notoriety after this movie. Prepare! Well, at least I’m being supportive. I’m very hyped about this movie and please don’t hold back on your talent and resources; I bet things are going to turn into pure awesome.

• Justin Hall

October 18, 2012 at 1:23 am

Good luck! I’ll probably have to wait for it to come out on dvd next year since I live in Bumble-#$%^ Missouri, but I’ll be waiting. I was tempted to volunteer to help edit, but I don’t really have much spare time, or harddrive space to edit video.

• Dobbs351

October 19, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Bullshit, i can’t get there. Why was i born i Europe!

• alexmustang692012

October 21, 2012 at 3:48 am

i would do this without a doubt if i was 19 but im 14 so that sucks ASS!