Monster Madness 2007 – 1980′s Recap

James / September 30th, 2012

This is a compilation of all the 1980′s themed reviews we did previously for Monster Madness “A History of Horror” in 2007.

Comments

• toolman5944

September 30, 2012 at 2:07 am

LOL No matter how many times I see jason beat the camper to death with the other camper I laugh. Literally Everytime.

• floridaboy

September 30, 2012 at 2:35 am

Thanks Mike!!! Way to get everyone pumped up for some Monster Madness !!!

• September 30, 2012 at 4:07 am

I’ve always felt that The Monster Squad is the most under-appreciated movie of all time. It’s just so awesome! I’m glad you’ve pushed it a couple of times now. I remember my friends and I basically wore out the old VHS copy I had. Thank god for the DVD!

RIP Horace / Fat Kid :(

• Devil_Rising

September 30, 2012 at 5:47 am

The worst thing about Monster Squad, is that it’s director, Fred Dekker, was obviously very talented. He only got to direct three films before his career went MIA: Night of the Creeps, The Monster Squad, and Robocop 3. And honestly, all three films are at least decent, with Monster Squad of course being fantastic. Robocop 3 isn’t nearly as bad as many make it out to be, in fact it’s tons better than 2, which was utter shit. I think Dekker did the best he could considering the smaller budget and PG13 rating that the studio forced on him. He was kind of set up to fail, honestly, and even so, it’s still a pretty good film. I just think it’s sad that a guy who for all we know could have gone on to be the next great “horror director to make it big”, ala Peter Jackson or Sam Raimi, but his career got derailed all because RC3 flopped.

Really, really too bad. Tragic even.

• SirSuperSouthern

September 30, 2012 at 6:04 am

They’re remaking Evil Dead 2!? That may be the scariest thing I’ve ever heard! Noooo!

• Plumb

September 30, 2012 at 8:16 am

I’m actually excited for the movie, but I wonder if I’ll be able to handle all the zealots at the theaters, what with my social anxiety and all.

Hopefully this thing makes it to Denver, or somewhere in Colorado

• Plumb

September 30, 2012 at 8:19 am

I seem to have posted in the wrong comments.

Sorry!

• Keith the Genesis Geek

September 30, 2012 at 9:06 am

I loved Monster Squad as a kid. When I ask friends about it, most don’t remember it or haven’t seen it. The Werewolf getting blown up answered all my questions about the silver bullet. lol

• Allen Lucas

September 30, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Nice to see some of the 2007 Monster Madness videos getting remastered for their recaps. Hope will see more of these recaps throughout the month of October. I assume it’ll be for the ’07, ’09, and ’10 editions of Monster Madness.

• zardoz

September 30, 2012 at 1:48 pm

the 80s

• Andrew Fantasia

September 30, 2012 at 5:08 pm

James, Mike, since you guys are such huge horror buffs, I’d love to know what your thoughts are on 2012′s “Cabin in the Woods”, the Drew Goddard/Joss Whedon film.
    Thanks, and keep up the amazing work on the site.
    Peace!

• Jean Kiraly

September 30, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Thanks for the recap Mike ! It was nice to see again those videos, and since James will cover other 80′s horror movies this time its good to revisit those that already been reviewed! Is there gonna be another recap of 80′s movies videos?

• dmaradona10

September 30, 2012 at 6:50 pm

My first horror movie was the first Nightmare on Elm Street and the Depp scene freaked me the f out!

• Anthony33

September 30, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Nice editing and a great teaser for this year’s (2012) upcoming Monster Madness, can’t wait guys. Cinemassacre rules, best video blog EVER.

• floridaboy

October 1, 2012 at 12:40 am

Well, it’s October 1st in Florida…I bet James is waiting for it to be October 1st in all of the time zones before he releases the first Monster Madness 80′s-A-Thon.

• hammerhorrortexas

October 1, 2012 at 12:55 am

Oh shit, it’s time for Monster Madness!

• opszanski

October 1, 2012 at 1:06 am

Awesome stuff

BTW, Linkara gave you a free plug for your “Monster Madness” event. You should probably do the same for his “Longbox of the Damned” event.

• fata_morgana_pseudonym

October 1, 2012 at 2:42 am

@Devil_Rising

I have to agree… I preferred Robocop 3 to 2 as well, though neither can top the first one, of course.

• Clutchkman

October 1, 2012 at 8:07 am

Very cool stuff; can’t wait to check out Monster Squad! And of course Monster Madness 2012!

• aleksdroid

October 1, 2012 at 11:11 am

from witch freddie movie is the line- now i’m playing with power.

• October 1, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Hey, are you looking for a great site to recieve game review? Then check out Retro Game Cloud, The newest site to recieve reviews on games from the NES to the Xbox360. Check us out on the web: Retrogamecloud.wordpress(dot)com

• Moap Soap

October 2, 2012 at 3:06 pm

You forgot “This, is my BOOM STICK!

• Wildside50

October 7, 2012 at 12:24 am

I can’t believe you had a whole segment on The Evil Dead without mentioning it’s influence on one of the most memorable characters in video games; Duke Nukem. He’s a damned steroid carbon copy of Ash

• Marvin James

February 10, 2013 at 5:11 am

The Monster Squad been My most watch movie since 89 & I nvr get tired of it

• June 19, 2013 at 1:29 pm

LOVE MOSTE RMADNESS i am gonna donate a few horror movies