AVGN Movie Trailer – Live event

James / September 28th, 2012

The Trailer for the AVGN Movie is coming along pretty good and will be ready by November. Before it hits the internet, I wanted to give fans a special chance to get a sneak peek on the big screen before it goes online. For the occasion, we’ve rented the Colonial Theatre in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania. That’s right, the same theater where The Blob was filmed!

I’ll be there to host the screening. I’ll show two past AVGN episodes, the Movie Trailer, some behind-the-scenes images and then open up a Q&A session. After that, I’ll be available to sign autographs or shake some hands. I’ll try my best to get to as many people as possible. (I’ll also be doing a signing at RetroCon on November 11.)

AVGN Movie Trailer Premiere
Friday, November 9, 2012
6:30pm
The Colonial Theatre
227 Bridge Street
Phoenixville, PA 19460
Tickets $15
Tickets can be purchased online here. You must have a ticket to enter.  Tickets are limited and are general admission – meaning seats are first come first serve. Parking is not available at the Colonial Theater.
This is an “R” rated event (for language), so those under the age of 17 must be accompanied by an adult.

We are trying to add a west coast date as well. Stay tuned. If you can’t make it, don’t worry, it will go online in November, some time after the event. It won’t be like the new Godzilla teaser where it screens at Comic Con, then disappears into oblivion.

Also, this does not mean the movie is close to being done. There’s still a lot left to film. It’s a long tedious process. I wanted to focus on getting the trailer out first, because I think it’s about time to show something. Then I go back to working hardcore on the actual film.

ALSO, THERE’S A WEST COAST DATE. SEE HERE

Comments

• RyokoAsakura

September 28, 2012 at 8:57 pm

I don’t live in America so don’t forget your fans from all over the world and make sure it comes online soon after the event :P

• JohnSmedley

September 28, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Wow, I just sprouted a serious wood and cracked one major nut! Just purchased two tickets for me and the wife, can’t wait to be there.
    I’m wondering will Mike, or any other cast members be present for this event too?

• timbo92203

September 28, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Dang I wish I lived in Pennsylvania!

• September 28, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Sounds like a great event I can never be at, unfortunately. I hope it goes well and you end up selling a lot of tickets for the event. Can’t wait until November when you premier the trailer online. : )

• darkpower2005

September 28, 2012 at 11:48 pm

When’s the remake of “Plan 9 Of Outer Space ” is coming out?

• darthvader86

September 28, 2012 at 11:54 pm

not from the US, but waiting for it!!!

• metalcommand

September 28, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Will the trailer be on cinemassacre and/or youtube?

• encey

September 29, 2012 at 12:18 am

West coast! West coast! West coast! Preferably, Washington state, lol!

• kneelbeforezod

September 29, 2012 at 1:59 am

after reading the comments I feel bad for the people that can’t go and here I am thinking it’s to far form me it’s only like an hour away from where i live

• dirtpoor91

September 29, 2012 at 2:01 am

Dude your killing me. Bring some live shit to Jacksonville Florida lol

• September 29, 2012 at 2:02 am

damn i wish i could be there. can’t wait to see the finished trailer!

• ninonybox

September 29, 2012 at 2:20 am

Only 1 hour & 19 mins away from my house…ahhh the perks of living in PA. I actually live about an hour from Jame’s house.

• LazyCamProductions

September 29, 2012 at 2:24 am

Damn, my brother and his wife live in Phoenixville, too bad I go to school 14 hours away from them. :/ maybe they can go for me and get an autograph or something.

• Paul Dower

September 29, 2012 at 7:34 am

DAMN! I am in CT but have school on that Friday! I really wanted to make it too!

• Erwinator

September 29, 2012 at 8:34 am

Hmmm.Why do I live in Limburg …..?

Ok , I ‘m going to Oktoberfest etc. So it isn’t that bad ( :D ), but I’m jealous of all the things that you can do in the USA like going to a meeting of James Rolfe .:(

• Sebastien L. Wood

September 29, 2012 at 9:12 am

I’m in Montreal…. way too far :(

• Madrid1214

September 29, 2012 at 9:26 am

I glanced at the entry and saw Phoenix and automatically assumed Phoenix, Arizona. Lousy Phoenixville. Lol. Bring one down to Arizona. We need love too.

• roderick

September 29, 2012 at 9:46 am

i live in spokane how will i watch it

• mitchman

September 29, 2012 at 10:34 am

I’ll try and make it!

• DavidARice

September 29, 2012 at 11:20 am

I live in Kentucky.

• September 29, 2012 at 11:31 am

I want to go to there.

• BMovieBen

September 29, 2012 at 11:56 am

will this B 14A in canada or 18A. most R movies in the US get the 14A rating but occasionally have a 18A. so i was just wondering

• Madmikep22

September 29, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Man, I remember watching his videos in 2006 for the first time on youtube. You’ve come a long way James! Seriously, good for you and keep up the great work!!!

• culwin

September 29, 2012 at 12:37 pm

I live in Siberia how come you don’t show it here

• the flash

September 29, 2012 at 1:21 pm

i live in london England :( how will i be able to watch it ? Will it be posted online at anystage ? And when will we see what happend to kyle ? Is he still tucked up behind your sofa ?

• the flash

September 29, 2012 at 1:23 pm

sorry also how do i add a profile pic ?

• quickson1

September 29, 2012 at 1:28 pm

So damn cool, I can’t wait to see the trailer!

• September 29, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Make sure to invite Mark Bussler from CGR. I want his opinion :-> .

• diegowar

September 29, 2012 at 2:00 pm

As much as I’d love to see anything from the movie, I don’t like watching trailers of movies I’m sure I’m going to see ^^. Got to be patient, but I always enjoy more something I discover for the first time :)

• Madrid1214

September 29, 2012 at 2:01 pm

It’ll be kinda cool if you film the audition as well while showing the trailer. See their reaction

• diegowar

September 29, 2012 at 2:01 pm

(with the exception of a few movies that can stay as good or even get better with repeated viewings, but I’m sure a movie can’t be better because I’ve watched a trailer ^^)

• Vulix14

September 29, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Can you come to Canada(ON)? It can be after Nov 11 if you want. Plus, you can sight see various locations in Toronto (Toronto being a good movie set location). If money is a issue that’s okay, but just letting you know that you have a Canadian audience too!

• Zen

September 29, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Two tix bought for me and the wife, will get there early enough to be in front row, looking forward to it!

• stoney_1

September 29, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Wish I could make it, but it’s a far walk. Can’t wait to see it online soon :)

• MikeDaWiz

September 30, 2012 at 2:39 am

Make a South Texas Appearence! It would be great to see you at a Con i could actually attend!

• A-Tyen

September 30, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Kickass! I live in PA!

• Barry the Nomad

October 1, 2012 at 7:25 am

Sounds awesome! I’d be able to make it if it was later in the night. Drive to Phoenixville is 40 mins and I’d be getting out of work at 6.

Still, great to hear there will be a live event, and should the movie premiere near or around Philly (or even back in Phoenixville) I’ll be sure to attend!

• RX_79

October 1, 2012 at 5:39 pm

I dont know if this has been asked before, but is there going to be a movie poster for your movie? If the answer is yes where can i get one?

• October 1, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Please don’t remind me of the Godzilla teaser…..it’s too painful.

Wish I could make it man, Indiana doesn’t get any attention!

Didn’t realize there was so much left to film still! Good luck with everything!

• ditka187

October 1, 2012 at 8:53 pm

I WILL BE THERE!!! I can’t wait to meet you and shake your hand. You are the man!!!!!

• gdzacher

October 2, 2012 at 12:49 am

Sir nerd dude,

I’m sure you cannot afford to get a theatrical release out here in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada.

But, if humanly possible, you should. I am sure you would get a sell out here. We are a small Canadian city, but we have a huge geek population.

I’m not saying personal appearance (hell, I wouldn’t wish that upon you during the winter months here), but a release would be awesome. Even one of our smaller theatres that don’t feel the need to have big, blockbuster crap despite the fact that they only have one or two screens. I’m not saying that you’d make alot in ticket sales, but dvd sales later… Just give us a chance.

Bah, it’s a pipe dream anyway. Anyway, Mr. Rolfe, James… I support you all the way, and I WILL be purchasing a copy of the film…hell, I might rent out a theatre and screen it for my friends. ($200 or so for a feature length flick ain’t bad, get five guys to go in with me and we get to see the Nerd at the theatre.)

Anyway, all the best to who is becoming my modern day hero (can’t wait till you are the next Whedon)

Greg

• tri0xinn

October 2, 2012 at 1:11 am

cool… might have to do this.. could take care of the NOTLD cemetary/Monroesville mall visit I’ve been wanting to do for years!! Bit of a trip coming from the Seattle area though…….. hmmmmmmm

• Wendy

October 2, 2012 at 9:16 am

Man, if I wasn’t currently living in Japan I’d so take a trip to PA.

• marc_lawson

October 2, 2012 at 9:55 am

that’s a funny picture

• KnucklesOwnsGC

October 2, 2012 at 2:43 pm

This is sweet, I would love to go to an event on the west coast hopefully it happens.

• Smack2k

October 3, 2012 at 6:44 pm

So cool…..I am in Pittsburgh and am going to try HARD to get there…

• punn177

October 4, 2012 at 1:54 am

Been following you since the start! I don’t know if I can make that showing, it is only 4 hours from me, but I bought a ticket anyway!!! Supporting! Can’t wait for the movie!

• Ben_from_G-town

October 6, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Sounds great, James! Unfortunately, that’s too far away for me to attend, but I’m sure it will be a special treat for those that can. I definitely look forward to the premiere of the trailer whenever you put it online, though.

• Evechkin

October 6, 2012 at 10:14 pm

I’m driving 4 hours to come to this, tickets are bought! AVGN FOR LIFE!

• DarkSouske

October 7, 2012 at 1:02 am

Ok I live 21 hours from Pheonixville, PA….I think I got this.

• tri0xinn

October 7, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Alright I’m in.. I’m coming from Seattle.. so it better be F**’n good! :) .. Flight arrives in Philly at 4:30.. hope I can get there on time!

• A-Tyen

October 8, 2012 at 7:47 pm

HELP! When I was ordering the tickets online on the colonial theatre, it was for some reason saying my credit card was invalid. Anybody else have this problem? Do I have to buy it online?

• sportinmorton

October 9, 2012 at 1:54 pm

If you get a chance, please be sure to walk around the Retrocon vendor area, James. I’m a longtime fan and an 80′s toy dealer who’ll be peddling my wares at the show. Would love to meet you!

• Koobion

October 11, 2012 at 3:48 am

I’ll be there, and at Retrocon! We can’t wait to meet you James.

• monci09

October 17, 2012 at 9:21 am

Coming in from Houston, Texas!!! I would go to the LA viewing, but I been to cali two times this year. Time to head East! lol