TMNT season 10 finally released on DVD!

James / August 21st, 2012

A couple years ago, I made a video complaining about the DVD releases of the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series. Episodes were out of sequence, (some were missing altogether like “Once Upon a Time Machine” and “Planet of the Turteloids”) and season 9 and 10 were yet to be released.

Since then, there’s been some updates. Season 9 was released last year and Season 10 just came out this month! It also includes the missing episodes I mentioned. Excellent! While it’s too late to fix the lack of consistency on the earlier DVDs, it’s really nice they came through with this and to have closure on this mess. It’s now complete!

Comments

• Old Hay

August 21, 2012 at 8:35 am

Were you really following the broadcasts right up until the end of the series? Maybe it’s because I’m in Canada and stations may have dropped it towards the end, but I couldn’t have even told you where to watch the later seasons on TV when they were airing. It’s remarkable that you know them well enough to lament the absence of one or two episodes.

• scronan

August 21, 2012 at 8:54 am

the glitch gremlin lives!

• NKW160

August 21, 2012 at 9:25 am

He probably used an episode guide to find out which episodes were missing Old Hay. I was a huge TMNT fan when I was a kid but I only remember watching the first maybe 4 seasons and found out way later in my teens that there was actually 10 seasons.

• August 21, 2012 at 10:36 am

That’s awesome! Now if they could just release season three of The Adventures Of Pete & Pete my world would be complete! : )

• August 21, 2012 at 11:19 am

James, please, do us all a favor and put all the TMNT videos you did on the next AVGN DVD release as a bonus section. These videos were amazing. : )

• TheProfessor

August 21, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Why aren’t my comments appearing…

• AVGNFAN505104

August 21, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Thats awesome James! But I have to bring bad news to everyone. Nintendo and Future Publishing are shutting down and stopping making Nintendo Power! Im sorry to bring this news to everyone. James if u read this please talk about it! Its very sad news for the gaming community.

• mantrox

August 21, 2012 at 3:25 pm

• BlazeHeatnix

August 21, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Well James, technically not. After all, Once Upon a Time Machine and Planet of the Turtleoids are still missing.

• klsadfj sklfj

August 21, 2012 at 4:20 pm

thats cool. they can hear the underdogs.

• Keith the Genesis Geek

August 21, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Right On! It’s great to see Turtles DVD’s still being released … but I’ll stick with just the first 3.

• doemaaan

August 21, 2012 at 5:04 pm

RIP nintendo power =’(

• Nintendomaniac

August 21, 2012 at 6:21 pm

RIP Nintendo Power magazine. I’ve been subscribing ever since I was 8 (over 20 years) and I’m still subscribed to this day. I stuck with the magazine until the very end…even though it isn’t even a shadow of what it used to be.

I’d like to see James do a video on this, but I know he already did an AVGN episode of Nintendo Power. Maybe he can make it a little different, like just talk about his own personal memories of the magazine.

• juliocrl

August 21, 2012 at 7:28 pm

man !!!! is very hard to find Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – Season 3.6: Turtles Against H.A.T.E.

• CantPlayTheSolo

August 21, 2012 at 11:53 pm

For anyone concerned about the missing episodes.

They’re going to be on Season 10. Man what a clusterfuck.

• smd

August 22, 2012 at 12:33 am

Cowabunga!

• promise_panda

August 22, 2012 at 2:32 am

I don’t if you read these ever, but according to G4 Nintendo Power is shutting down. I remember you showing your collection (I cant remember the video sorry :3), but I was wondering what you think about it. Also, keep up the good work can’t wait for the movie. http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/727150/nintendo-power-magazine-to-shut-down/

• Snejku

August 22, 2012 at 8:31 am

I have a complete boxset for the entire tv series Oz, it’s got something like 20 discs but all in cosistent order, the number of episodes per disc differs but they’re all at least in cosistent order. So that’s what they should have done with the turtles, a smart boxset with just thin pages so it doesn’t become a huge box and then obviously have all the episodes in a cosistent order.. why are companies having so much trouble releasing shit without messing it up.

• August 22, 2012 at 6:14 pm

• RX_79

August 23, 2012 at 8:54 pm

I am glad they finally made it.

Now they need to finish the 2003 series, and release the next mutation episodes. then I will be truly be happy.

Also Godzilla vs Megalon was released on dvd for those Godzilla fans out there.

• frostare

August 24, 2012 at 12:19 am

Wow! Glad that’s complete! Some coincidence, I just fund out the cartoon series that reminded me of the TMNT, it was called The Adventures Of T-Rex. I knew I wasn’t imagining it.

• Jon-Erich

August 24, 2012 at 1:43 am

This is good. Now somebody has to come along and complete or restart the collection of the 2003 series.

• Manolito Mystiq

August 24, 2012 at 6:54 am

@BlazeHeatnix

The two never before released episodes “Once Upon a Time Machine” and the double length “Planet of the Turtleoids” are included as a bonus in the Season 10 set.

• RX_79

August 24, 2012 at 9:06 am

“The Adventures Of T-Rex” was that the one where teenagers get rings that transform them in dinosaurs?

• August 24, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Good to know they’re backtracking on missed episodes. btw, they just announced a complete series set in a giant party van package: http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/17417

• Anthony33

August 25, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Just heard not only are the remaining episodes being released on DVD, but they’re releasing a complete series boxed set of all the DVD releases in one Turtle Van box. Now that’s cool.

• Madman12

August 26, 2012 at 9:15 am

Well at least they finally released season 9 and 10 I got season 10 soon has it dropped they also included the missing episodes that were not part of season 5 on season 10 sucks ass I was saying why can’t THEY MAKE A COMPLETE SERIES anyway hopefully they will release it in the Turtle Van collection has someone said I hope it’s true and I hope they make a complete series for the 2003 Turtles Series.

• ptbibble25

August 26, 2012 at 9:17 am

I really liked the turtles forever special, it was cool to see the different generations

• Madman12

August 26, 2012 at 9:28 am

Yep there making a Turtle Van Complete Series Anthony is right wow and I told my cousin watch them release a complete series and I remember telling my cousin imagine they release in a turtle van wow thats crazy. here is the link for anyone wanting to see it.

• speccyboy

August 26, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Huzzah!! Now the ultimate question: With the Turtle Van Box Set… are the episodes being re-released in the correct order or are they just repackaged DVD sets? :)

• Geminis666

August 27, 2012 at 11:15 pm

i would like your support for this awesome kickstarter project:

LEGEND OF ZELDA : A LINK TO THE PAST ANIMATED SERIES

please help us to make it happen, spread the word, we are nearly out of time!!!

• DTysonator

August 27, 2012 at 11:58 pm

As much as I love the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I have never purchased a DVD of the animated series oddly enough! This video makes it seem as though I made the right decision.

Not sure if I should buy the complete party van set now, I need to do a little more research first haha :).

The first few seasons were probably the most nostalgic anyway.

I wonder if this all means that the movies will finally be getting the special edition treatment that we’ve all been waiting for. Let’s hope so, dudes and dudettes!

• BakaYoshi

August 28, 2012 at 7:53 pm

theyre also releasing a box set containing every season in a big turtle van, for only $100

• HeadBangerAust

August 29, 2012 at 10:22 am

excellent I’ll have to torrent it

• August 30, 2012 at 3:29 am

This is good news!

Btw have you guys seen the preview page for the new TMNT series that’ll be released on Nick next month?

It looks AWFUL!

The art direction and turtles are ok, but they’ve made some very “nick-like” plot changes.

April is now 16, which with all due respect to teenagers now makes her fairly useless as the turtle’s link to the outside world.

Krang, has been convered to an entire race of beings called the Kraaaang? Why not just use the Utrom and have their leader named Krang? Why the extra “a”s.

Ugh…. turtles are dead again I guess.

• Madman12

August 31, 2012 at 7:50 am

I sure hope the episodes are going to be in the correct order it will suck if there not we just have to hope they will do it.

• Spirit31

September 4, 2012 at 7:41 pm

heres the crazy box set of the entire series theyre released in the shape of the turtle van, and its only gonna be $100!

• Madman12

September 7, 2012 at 10:02 pm

I’ve also notice they do that with a lot of dvd’s they release either volumes 1 2 3 etc.. or season 1 2 3 etc.. then they alway’s come out with a Complete Series Boxset will contain all the volumes or season’s that’s been happening with alot of dvd’s not just the TMNT Dvd’s.

• goldultima

September 8, 2012 at 2:03 pm

I think it’s safe to say that this is a direct result of your video James. I think the entire TMNT fanbase owes you a thank you. =3

• oliverworld

September 9, 2012 at 3:31 pm

For All You FANS OF WORLD OF WARCRAFT http://youtu.be/iHSGN5yvIac

• Dev3000

September 16, 2012 at 11:24 am

I got the set pre-ordered on Amazon, I love TMNT, was my favorite show when I was a kid, that and Transformers

• Marcum

September 29, 2012 at 11:20 am

Please tell me there is going to be a review on the new TMNT series, I’m curious to hear your opinions on the twisted mixed up back stories, I’m digging it already, but it’s fucking strange lol

• maniac_3_2000

September 30, 2012 at 10:46 am

You should review the new turtles series that just started 9/29. They rehashed the original 1987 theme song into a rap. It’s better than that fucked up bullshit they made in 2003.

• Early Gamer

October 1, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Hey they are releasing the complete animated series of the Origional TMNT. The date to be released, is November 13th, 2012. It comes in a Turtle-Van Box-Set, with all 10 seasons, with 23 DVD’s. Here’s a link to Amazon.com.>>> http://goo.gl/ype0g .

• Moe63

December 25, 2012 at 4:43 pm

James, you should really give the new TMNT show on Nick a watch. It is a really good show and is a great remake of the Turtles. people say the animation is awful but if you ever played the Walking dead video game, then you can kind of see were the designers were heading with that idea. They added many old characters from the original cartoon with a new update like Leatherhead and Baxter Stockman. If you loved the original then you should give this show a watch.