Cheetahmen 2 Update

James / August 12th, 2012

This is the budget for the Cheetahmen 2 package (boxed game, poster, comic book) explained by Greg Pabich.

In addition, I’d like to explain: On Cinemassacre, we usually run advertisements for things like Burger King or something like that, so when I was asked to promote a game that I reviewed as AVGN, it sounded like a cool idea. It was something I thought my audience would like. Admittedly, I didn’t know much else about the project other than someone was re-releasing Cheetahmen 2. Just someone releasing a game. How could that go wrong? I got the script and filmed my part for the promo, while I had my head buried deep in the Schwarzenegger Games episode which I was working on at the time.

Over the past week, there’s been a lot of fuss over the Cheetahmen thing, so I looked at the Kickstarter page for the very first time. I admit, I didn’t understand the costs at first and I should have researched it beforehand, but when it was explained to me, it made more sense. Honestly, I’ve paid $60 for the Nintendo World Champion reproduction cart that you saw in the NWC episode and that game didn’t come with a box or comic book. But I don’t know a thing about game production. My suggestion is not to listen to internet rumors and jump to conclusions. Make your own judgement and only donate if you want a Cheetahmen game. The choice is yours. I’m truly sorry about any inconvenience.

-James

Comments

• Slayer40k

August 12, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Just want to add watching that video and hopefully to stop everyone from calling this a scam.

He’s raising the money from a fundraiser site, meaning the amount raised it going to taxed out like with James when he was fundraising for the movie. So 44k to create games plus taxed out money +Misc spends would total close to 60k dollars.

So there it’s not a scam the numbers add up. So please stop boycotting James and Cinemassacre and trolling that this is all a scam

• August 12, 2012 at 6:28 pm

I’ve seen a few people shitposting about this, and I feel bad Cinemassacre. As far as I’m aware, you guys aren’t getting any money or profits from this Kickstarter, yet people are pointing the finger and calling sellout.

The whole point of Kickstarter is to share your idea, and if people want to fund it, they can. The Kickstarter product doesn’t need to benefit mankind. As long as a project has enough people who want to back it anything can be a reality.

While I doubt I will be donating to the Cheetahmen 2 cause, I still think its a novel idea and I would like to see what comes of it. Everyone likes to create drama from everything these days.

• mariolover36

August 12, 2012 at 6:30 pm

People are not gonna buy cheetahmen 2 the lost levels because they still want to get their hands on the original cartridge.

• March 17, 2013 at 3:55 am

Funny how everyone is saying “people are not gonna buy it.” Apparently people have already bought 95,000 bucks or so worth of it. Maybe people shouldn’t be buying it, but apparently they are. It’s okay though because as long as you choose not to buy it, it really won’t effect you at all.

• coolman756

August 12, 2012 at 7:17 pm

That’s what I thought… I don’t understand why people reacted this way. $65,000 sure is a lot of money, but game production costs a lot, and no one is forcing anyone to donate for this anyway.

Some people just couldn’t understand that you were simply helping to promote the project without some sort of disreputable money reason behind it.

I have no idea where all that hate suddendly came from, but that’s sad. Hopefully things will get better.

• Keith the Genesis Geek

August 12, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Thank you for explaining your views James! Pure class, hopefully more believers will become of it

THE CHEETAHMEN CULT SOLUTES YOU!! πŸ™‚

GROOOOWLLLLLL!!!

• Fergusor83

August 12, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Hi James,

I am glad to see that this matter has not affected you too much.
    Unfortunately when you are in the media, as you know, there will always be people that would rather get on their moral highground and knock someone down to make themselves look better, or the create drama, than actually look at something and comment in an intelligent manner.

I work for a local radio station in the UK and I think we both agree that in our line of work we have to be open for some criticism, I dont mind this, in fact constructive criticism helps me to be better at my job.

However, I was rather disturbed by some of the anger and hatred that were thrown your way and also the accusations made. All I can say is I would not worry about these people, if they stop watching your videos or unsubscribe it is not really any loss to you. The vast majority of the fans you have built up do not believe these rumours, will and have defended you, and are looking forward to the movie πŸ™‚

• culwin

August 12, 2012 at 7:35 pm

People are stupid.
    It’s not worth it to me, I mean I have no interest in it, but people shouting “scam” are either just dumb or like seeking attention.
    If you want a boxed, fixed version of the game, buy it. If you don’t, then don’t.

• Vulcan Assassin

August 12, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Thanks James, you talked me into it. What NES collector could refuse THIS game in their collection? Considering the history behind it, and all you get for the $60 price tag – this is a project worth funding. I pledged my 60 bucks. Now… we wait…

• hu1kamania

August 12, 2012 at 8:29 pm

This whole situation feels pretty transparent to me. Everything was spelled out on this video, and on the kickstarter page. Don’t like it? don’t pledge!

I trust the guys at Cinemassacre, and Pat the NES Punk. I look forward to future videos.

I think James handled this post perfectly, and made some excellent points. The only skepticism I have now is the alleged censoring of comments for the Cheetahmen 2 promo video. That wasn’t cool guys! I would like to see an explanation for said censorship. Not a big deal, but until I see it addressed, some lingering doubt will remain.

• Unsealedcross

August 12, 2012 at 8:45 pm

James as I fan I’m glad you apologized and admitted to your mistake. That’s all I was looking for out of this. Thank you so much for just being honest with me and others of your work. I’ve been a fan of yours since high school and I want to see you succeed and not make a bad business decisions. Anyways that’s all I have to say. Again thanks and when’s the movie going to be ready?

• August 12, 2012 at 9:17 pm

I still dont get it.

-“Hey guys, i would like sell to some suckers 1000 copies of Cheetahmen 2. But i dont have the money to make them. So all 1000 people should preorder this games. But remember, only reasonable donation – 60 dollars, or you will be more sucker ever lived on this planet, but please, donate me 1000 dollars or more, because i so great.”

So, James, why you help to sell 1000 copies of that craptastic game?
    Because it’s bad. You can play fixed rom and it still the worst game i ever played on NES/Famicom.

• culwin

August 12, 2012 at 10:19 pm

@Unsealedcross
    LOL, what apology? He didn’t apologize, nor should he.

• Geminigem

August 12, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Fair enough! People are free! You did a good job in repelling this abomination the first time. You slayed the monster. But it deserves to suffer more! So let these guys naively try to make it better. Let them vainly fix the bugs and revive the monster. Let this Frankenstein be revived! It’s alive! It’s alive!!! And then unleash your fury again in a new review! May the ultimate proof that this game deserves a re-killing be given to us by you. Totally the Nerd’s style of deeply meditated machiavelic revenge. This is epic! Should write a song and make this ode be chanted by bards in every corner of the country.

• Amy

August 12, 2012 at 11:20 pm

What is wrong with people these days? They sit there and read/watch something, and because the don’t like what it says, they turn on something they’ve enjoyed for years. Its not like this thing *demanded* people to donate money. And its not like James or Mike *demanded* money be donated either. All the trash talk I have seen on various videos just further proves that individual intelligence in some people is failing drastically, and collective human intelligence can’t be salvage from the pit it now resides in. I trust Mike and James when it comes to the things they offer their support to. And if it turned out to be a scam, I can easily understand it being a mistake, because when does a scammer tell anyone he’s fooling that he’s working a scam? If you people would learn to *think* before spouting off such hate, the internet, and world, would be a much better place. And all of you people who demanded an apology from James can go jump off a cliff. What he promotes is his decision, not anyone elses. That he bothered to clarify what is going on just shows how mature and classy James is, and further shows how ignorant and arrogant you people are.

Well…..that rant was long, and I don’t anyone cares what I have to say, but there it is. Can’t wait for what you guys put out next! You both are awesome!

~Amy~

• Amy

August 12, 2012 at 11:21 pm

doubt*

• Souperintendent

August 13, 2012 at 12:14 am

It’s just hard to believe how so many people will go crazy over the ASSUMPTION of something.

I was never in doubt, James. I’m glad to see that you explained the misunderstanding, but I myself knew that you wouldn’t do that on purpose. You’re very busy, so you likely didn’t really pay attention to the small details because you just did this on the side to help out for what seemed like a good cause. Turns out I was spot on.

But of course, this is the internet, and of course the luxury of anonymity can get to people and bring out their true colors. I hope I’m bringing out mine here.

Anyone who said that they weren’t going to watch any content ever again, or that it was unforgivable, they’re lying. They’re exaggerating. Controversy is just something people love to see and take part in, so this kind of stuff happens and people say mean-spirited things they don’t mean. Are they still mean-spirited? Most likely. But they wouldn’t stop watching your content over something like that. Very few people are that moronic.

Either way, thanks for all that you continue to produce, and I’ll be eagerly watching for more. Can’t wait for the AVGN movie!

• August 13, 2012 at 12:26 am

Well, it’s better than no explanation at all, but it’s still doesn’t seem legit to me. If this guy wants money to create “a whole game package”, he should create his own game, not just download a hacked ROM (claiming he’s fixing it himself) and throwing it on a repro cart.

If you want a Cheetahmen II cart, go buy a Cheetahmen II cart. If you want a Cheetahmen II repro, go get a Chettahmen II repro. If you have THIS guys Cheetahmen II repro, then you’ve got more dollars then sense.

Just because he “explains the cost of the product” doesn’t change the fact that he’s creating a product that already exist and can be obtained for much cheaper than he’s providing.

You really, really should back out of this endorsement.

• Genesis

August 13, 2012 at 12:34 am

I made an account just to comment on this situation and how pitiful people complaining about this are. I can almost guarantee all the people who have the time to go on and on about this so called scam haven’t done anything in life ever remotely worth mentioning. I am fairly new to AVGN (i just recently got into online personality types) but it’s clear he’s been putting out free content for years which over the past couple months I have thoroughly enjoyed. While i would never pay for a game that is probably terrible and painful to play to be remade I fail to see the scam that people are talking about as you are getting the cartridge you payed to receive. There is no gun to any persons head forcing there money out of their pockets if people want to donate or foolishly jumped into something unwittingly they are solely to blame end of discussion. I look forward to any content being released by this site in the future.

Sincerely MJH

• August 13, 2012 at 12:59 am

Okay, how about this…

This guy downloaded a free hacked ROM, is putting it on a cart, and using the manufacturing cost to justify the KickStarter campaign.

You all think there’s nothing wrong with that? Okay, I respect your opinion.

Hypothetically, what if I were to download all the AVGN episodes and have a KickStarter campaign to manufacture my own AVGN DVDs to sell as my own? Would explaining how much it cost me to manufacture those DVDs justify anything?

• culwin

August 13, 2012 at 1:02 am

@Shaolin Dave
    First you say it isn’t legit, then you diverge to saying that you can buy a different version cheaper.
    Focus on one thing: You said it isn’t legit.
    How is it not legit? Greg is selling a product he owns at a price of his choosing.
    It doesn’t get more legit than that.
    End of story.

• culwin

August 13, 2012 at 1:04 am

@Shaolin Dave he owns the company and the rights to it. He didn’t just download a free ROM and slap it on a cart. He owns the damn company!!
    You do not own the rights to the AVGN videos to sell them.

• NA_Three

August 13, 2012 at 1:16 am

I am sorry, I have to interject an opinion here. The drama that this has caused is so unwarranted. Look, I am not an AVGN fan, I collect games. I am a game collector. I can appreciate that many people are not and it appears that way judging from many of the comments I’ve read here and elsewhere. If you were a collector, then you’d realize what a non-issue this is and what an ass you might be making out of yourself. Whenever I hear a new NES game will be coming out, that makes me excited, regardless if it is crappy or good. To hear it has a low print run and a collector’s box, yeah, that totally has my interest. If I want to give this man 60 bucks for it, then I am going to give him my money. Frankly, I don’t give two flying shits what anyone thinks of that. Go spend your own money on fireworks to blow up or beer to drink and then piss out of you, I’ll spend mine mine how I see fit. I realize the game is available for free download. I don’t do ROMs and neither do most of my friends.

This man owns Cheetahmen and wants to make a product with it. Why is this so demonized? Because he wants to partake in capitalism and the free enterprise system? Is it so frowned upon by the counter culture club to want to make money? Does the 15K this man might make really make you stew in so much anger that you are ready to take up arms like many of you most likely did when you watched the Kony hype video? Holy shit, grow the fuck up. I can’t wait until internet holy war comes next week so you can move on and most of us can be free of your idiocy.

On the subject of James, he did some advertising. HOLY SHIT, what a horrible man this makes him. DERP. Yes, the game is horrible. Yes, he is advertising for a horrible game. Yes, a chunk of his audience is into this shit, so why shouldn’t he? And even if they weren’t, so what? He has an opportunity here to better himself and he took it. Anyone who even mutters the words “sell out” needs to grow up.

• cybercon

August 13, 2012 at 1:23 am

Je t’aime James

• Stefanoragnopazzo

August 13, 2012 at 2:06 am

AVGN was fitting, you talk about shitty games, you said that he needs them desperatly, you probably will do a re-visited review of this game to see if now it’s good or not so what the fuck is up with your audience?

Haven’t they seen the famous video when AVGN tries to select a great game and he can’t simply resist to the shit?

For the guy in the video: he owns the company he can do what the fuck he wants, it’s not legit you say?, read my line before. James wants to advertise and give a boost to someone? So the fucking what?

You can say whatever but you just ignore them, as i do. This is internet at it’s best for you James.

• August 13, 2012 at 2:27 am

@NA_Three
    Lol, “collector” who happy to buy reprint version without original gamedata.

Just buy PowerPak then, “collector”.

Also, do you buy every shitty hack, which comes in physical case?

• Henrik_J

August 13, 2012 at 3:03 am

To anyone who still thinks that this is a great idea:

Download the bugfixed rom (which is the exact same version that is going to end up on the $60 cart), and just play it for 5 minutes. Just try beating the first stage.

Then, realize that someone is trying to SELL this garbage in the year 2012 for $60.

Sure, it may come in a nice box with manuals etc… But really, you’ve just been fooled. Like biting into chocolate-covered shit…

• gluserty

August 13, 2012 at 3:37 am

I think there was a bit of an overreaction here; I suppose because The Angry Video Game Nerd plays games that are meant to discourage anyone from playing them, and supporting “Cheetahmen 2” in any way felt disingenuous. Personally, I think the cause is a waste of time, because this is a game not worth any sugar.

• August 13, 2012 at 4:18 am

hey james. it’s ok and I knew you didn’t do this on purpose. Sure maybe you could have checked it a little better, but we’re all just human.

i’m just a bit upset because of all the bashing you guys got for this…djeez…is it all such a big deal?

the truth is we don’t know if this is scam or not. At the one hand maybe it is for a bit, but at the other hand…there are collectors who really want the game with original package and such…this guy (Greg) offers them this product for a price and well… If there are people who want to pay for this, then I don’t have a problem with this accually…then they get their cheetaman 2 package with all the stuff in it…so what’s the big deal?

I understand that for some people this is worth 60.

Just my thoughts on this…

I really didn’t like the way much people freaked out yelling that James and Mike were “selling out fans” and stuff like that..

Djeez…get a grip…

• August 13, 2012 at 4:51 am

“I thought my audience would like”, your’e missing the real point here James, your audience will support almost anything you post in your personal space in this case your Youtube channel (because they’re are grateful on your awesome and free materials) it reflects as your real opinion instead of a mare useless commercial. that’s the difference between a banner Ad about food and a video with your name on it.
    Try to ignore all the groupies around here for a sec and listen, there’s a real moral problem here, an error lots of people will have problem to forget, it’s not about this moron Greg or what’s his name? it’s not about Kickstarter and it’s not even about the the fact that you wanted to show around this project, matter of fact I don’t even think it’s a scam even tho it’s a shit cause, because no one forced into paying, it’s about you didn’t respect your audience enough to protect them from false massaging.
    In my comment I’m leaving out the way you handled the situation (deleting comments is never ever the way), just next time you plan on participating with this kind of stuff, read again and again until you fully understand what your’e supporting.

-sane and long time fan.

• Pompkinini

August 13, 2012 at 5:06 am

It’s all good. Personally I barely understand what all the fuss is about even after looking up info about the so called “Cheetamen scandal”. Really if the guy wants to sell his game and some people are willing to pay for it that’s their business. All you did was a commercial helping out really.

• speccyboy

August 13, 2012 at 5:50 am

Well done for admitting your mistake, James… and now the next big question: Why censor comments and likes/dislikes on the Cheetahmen 2 video?

What I don’t get is why charge an obscene amount of money for a game that one can simply download for free (and don’t give me that smeg about purism and actual consoles).

I will leave with just three simple words, directed at the most guilty parties (I won’t name names):

You fucking wankers.

• August 13, 2012 at 6:17 am

Why all the hate for this project?

And if you aren’t a collector or aren’t interested, then DON’T BUY IT!

It’s that simple.

And for everyone hating on James for being in the commercial, stop being retarded! Just because he is in the commercial doesn’t mean you have to buy it. Don’t be a sheep and make up your own damn mind. We’ve all seen pictures and videos of his room, we know he’s a collector, so why is it a surprise that he supports this? And more importantly, why does that matter to any of you?

Either buy it or don’t and either way, stop bitching at James. Morons!

• mathewnintendofan

August 13, 2012 at 6:18 am

Hey James and Mike,

I just want to say that I am such a huge fan of your guys’ work, and after researching this whole controversy, I just had to give my input.

First off, I would like to say that on behalf of many of your loyal fans, I would like to apologize for the unnecessarily harsh amount of backlash that you guys have both received due to this scandal.

That being said, I don’t understand why so many people are blaming you for this. As an extremely loyal fan, when I look at the stuff you advertise or promote, I will not support it just because you do. I have to have some sort of interest in the product or message, which I feel a lot of your fans that donated to this did not have. If I want to support the Angry Video Game Nerd, then I will personally send an electronic payment directly to Mr. James Rolfe of cinemassacre.com.

Why anyone would want to support the reproduction of Cheetahmen II, ESPECIALLY after watching your review of the game, well, to quote the Nerd, “WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!?”.

It is true that due to your many followers, your opinion becomes important and recommended to others. That being said, your only mistake was not researching the project enough, which I’m glad you admitted. However, as fans, it is our responsibility to research it ourselves. Why should we blame you because some of us didn’t read the fine print?

I’m sure more facts and statements will come from you and others involved in the near future, and I would love to just get your final overview of what happened. Just know that you’ve got at least one more fan supporting you all the way.

• August 13, 2012 at 6:30 am

@knuckles316
    >It’s a chance for collectors to get a game that usually costs anywhere in the 5-figure range for $60.
    Do you even understand what collector means?

• August 13, 2012 at 6:34 am

these bullshit episodes aren’t getting stale. james is tied up with MORE shooting of the movie. you guys forgot that? it hasn’t been completed yet. THEN there’s the inane editing. happy console gamer said he put in 1000 hours or more. i put in over 400 hours to make a dvd for my clients (took 4 weeks of straight work non stop).

the point is, james is busy up the wazoo. the guy is trying to run his site by keeping us entertained, as well as complete his movie. i am happy with at least getting something, including from mike (the snes obscure games was pretty cool as was the gameboy games on batman imo).

and i agree with you guys. the mask does nothing for the skit. if it enhanced or supported the clip, it would make sense but it’s like having a butterfly or a box of mangoes in this clip. it doesn’t add anything to the experience and is useless.

• Spirrwell

August 13, 2012 at 7:47 am

I love the idea of re-releasing a game from the NES, but yes this game is pretty much going to be shit. What someone should really do is make an entirely new game for the NES or SNES and produce it. The Assembly language for programming on these consoles isn’t too complicated, so it should be really easy for people to start making games for these consoles again by today’s standards.

This would mostly be an appeal to retro gamers, although it would be great to reintroduce the classics to the next generation. Could you imagine if Nintendo re-released the Super Nintendo, made it a bit more powerful with some modern touches to it without taking away from the original console? I would love that, and that’s what I think should be done, but I’m sure it won’t.

• RichterBelmont

August 13, 2012 at 11:33 am

To me, everyone is way over the top about this. James thinks this idea is cool and decided to advertise it. Some gamers will agree and think it’s worth spending $60 or donating to one of the other bundles. Other gamers will think it’s too expensive and pass or just think the game is painful to play, let alone pay for that pain. Some others may think this will be a collector’s item someday (who knows???)

I don’t see anything wrong with any of this. It’s just like any new product. People will make up their own minds about the value to them. But why anyone would get so upset at James or the guy selling it just bizarre to me.

• shawnperolis

August 13, 2012 at 11:35 am

Seriously guys, if you don’t like the idea, don’t donate or buy the goddamn game. James thought people would be interested and some people probably are. Get off your pretentious shit podium and shut the fuck up. It costs a lot to produce a game, 60 bucks for a new Nintendo cartridge and manual is not a bad deal for a collector who wants to get their hands on it.

• zorathegeek

August 13, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Oh my God, some people are so ridiculous! Seriously, lol…

If the idea upsets you THAT much that you feel you need to crusade against it whilst spewing petty insults to the crew of Cinemassacre, why not instead: Get off your high-horse, quit acting like you’re being persecuted or oppressed, stop whining like little bitches, and just don’t buy the game. There.

James/Cinemassacre….you guys rock. Myself and countless others have your back. ^_^

• NateDogg

August 13, 2012 at 12:49 pm

“so I looked at the Kickstarter page for the very first time.” Wait, so James didn’t even buy one of these games? Hopefully all this commotion causes people to stop and think about what they’re throwing money away at.

• TeconMendes

August 13, 2012 at 12:58 pm

@speccyboy

“What I don’t get is why charge an obscene amount of money for a game that one can simply download for free (and don’t give me that smeg about purism and actual consoles)”

I will give you this: do you know downloading ROMs and using emulators is illegal? You’re actually supporting piracy saying “you can simply download it for free”. There’s this side to why James never uses emulators.

• shadowdio

August 13, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Lucky for Nes game collectors like me so excited and those who commented shits out there,,,, “KISS MY ASS” your not Fucking Nes game collector…. :-p PEACE!,,,,,

• Good

August 13, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Hey dude help me out. I’m raising $65,000.00 to take a shit. I really need your help and it would be nostalgic cause I haven’t taken a shit since the 80’s and I might crap out some chunks of Pepsi Free or several other nostalgic goodies.

You don’t understand the costs of raising money to take a shit from the 80’s and I have to go really bad. I just need the proper support from a good person like you James. I am honest and legit about this.

Every last penny will be going to the right things. First of all I need the proper medical team around to make this happen. I need the right cameras that are waterproof and fecal proof in order to properly document this event without any complications.

I need some magazines to read while this turd is developed out of my ass like a Polaroid picture. To make this safer in the event of an emergency I’m planning on purchasing some glow in the dark toilet paper to make sure I don’t wipe my shadow’s ass.

You have to understand that after such a long time that I require a therapist and a motivational speaker to assist me while I learn how to shit again. This isn’t like riding a bike. I need the professionals to help me out.

I can’t just take a shit on a regular toilet, this is a special occasion where I must sit on something more finer than your average john when I’m making history happen. It must be on a seat plated in 24k gold so my ass knows that it’s a true team player. I will be keeping this seat as a trophy so no take backs.

I need to purchase custom nets made of pure silver in the event that one of my turds may have become a werewolf. That is another aspect that people neglect, and negligence is never excused.

The stunt shitter must also be funded, in case I get sick or my asshole is damaged in the process. We have to do this right and cannot reschedule such an important moment in history. If I am able to perform without any possible delays I will have my stunt shitter do his business in the tank of the toilet in which we will have a special bonus in our DVD called “Behind the scenes: The Upper Decker”.

I think it will all go great. Please contact me James and we can get this project started soon.

• Rubizon

August 13, 2012 at 2:09 pm

I think there are enough opinions on this topic allready. However I would like to suggest our fanbase here on cinemassacre would love to have a FORUM section. I think here are enough potential good potential moderators within the fanbase in order to facilitate this.

• DTysonator

August 13, 2012 at 2:48 pm

The update was not required, James, as your true fans were already well aware that this was not your project. It was painfully obvious to all of the people who watched the Cheetamen 2 video anyway!

When I first watched that commercial, I could immediately tell that your heart wasn’t into it, man. Something about the Angry Video Game Nerd was off, especially when the Cheetahman 2 cartridge was stolen and you said “Nooooooo…cough cough cough”. It just didn’t seem like your style all, James.

You were obviously given lines to read, so you don’t have to apologize for anything. Besides, it’s not like you flat out told your viewers at any point to buy the game, Greg did, as it’s his project after all.

The editing was absolutely horrendous as well, so it was obvious that no one on your team had put that aforementioned video together.

Thank you for caring, James, but you shouldn’t feel guilty about the negative response, that’s just a result of people blowing things out of proportion as always. All the best to you and your crew, take care, guys ;).

*Just noticed the previous post by Good. You’ve got some good ideas for a parody of this whole fiasco, so why not make a video of it?

• JonC

August 13, 2012 at 5:10 pm

sef

• August 13, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Damn, shut up the fucking whining. Some guy wanted games help to make some dough. Not the first or last time it will happen. I’m sure James has made more off Cheetahmen than Cheetahmen made of Cheetahmen so fo fucks sake QQ

• August 13, 2012 at 5:26 pm

*James ^ sorry for typos, in a rush.

• Keith the Genesis Geek

August 13, 2012 at 5:56 pm

You all better buy the cartridge or ELSE Hercules will put you in a HEADLOCK!

GRRROOOOOWWWLLL!!!

CHEETAHMEN RULE!!

• Craig Newfoundland

August 13, 2012 at 6:25 pm

testing

• JonC

August 13, 2012 at 6:52 pm

test

• JonC

August 13, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Let’s just admit now that it was just a simple money grab. You think James put up all those banners on here for free?! You think he did that portion of the video for free?! Cmon now.

He should have looked into it more but didn’t; simple as that

• bigbangnet

August 13, 2012 at 7:10 pm

so I’m supposed to pay for a crappy game ? uhh is it buggy like the first 2 ones ? lol

• therogue117

August 13, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Yeah this is only for serious collectors, personally there’s a lot of other games I would purchase for 60$. But hey, to each their own.

I think what they should had is just made a HD remake of Cheetahmen 2 ported to the IPAD, Iphone, android and maybe to the consoles. Charge 3$ for it and call it a day.

• Keith the Genesis Geek

August 13, 2012 at 7:20 pm

@bigbangnet. First off Cheetahmen II is a great game and a fun challenge, πŸ™‚

Second of all -The lost levels are added in. So, once you buttfuck the monkey! πŸ™‚ It goes TO to the neXt level!!!! HURRAY!

LET’S HOPE ALL THE REST OF THE BUGS AND GLITCHES ARE STILL INTACT πŸ™‚

NES FOREVER!! CHEETHMEN LIVE!!

• Craig Newfoundland

August 13, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Hello James

Long time watcher, first time commenter

I am sure you are not taking any of this “criticism” to heart, because you shouldnt. You made it clear that this was a third party enterprize and you were just playing along with them. Personally, i thank you for it.

It was like a cheesey late night tv commerial with a cameo from a authenic actor and enjoyed the comedic value. I guess you are really getting noticed now if you are creating your own spin-off’s

Authenic actor, i cant belive i just wrote that, it is even more unbelieveable that i actually think you will read this somday!

I can understand why someone may have been upset if they thought you were actually trying to market a crappy game to your viewer demographic (including myself) . I really enjoy the videos you create, like most people, they allow me to connect with my past,

I grew up and nintendo didn’t .

I think of myself as Generation #1,

much like a young adolescent moose that has gotten too old, mama-moose pushed me away (or should i say nintendo doesnt care about me anymore, its only interested in obtaining new fans, not retaining the ones it had) We are now adults left with a void: age/skill appropriate challanges with the characters we grew up with.

i would suggest reviewing some hack-roms, like zelda paraell worlds! or the metroid remakes!, they are more challenging, but the most consistant mistake is that they are way to hard, Mike: im looking at you!

Anyway, thats my two cents

You’ve made a life long fan in me and wanted to say thank you for your videos (Mike that gos out to you as well)

• August 13, 2012 at 11:49 pm

For me, I didn’t care about the fundraiser, it’s their decision if they want to donate or not. My only gripe really is the decision to disable comments, unless if it is something about “people problems” or someone who posts “destructive criticism”, then that’s fine, constructive, nope. Also I give props you and Mike. My guess, you were helping a friend, that’s cool. I agree that people make mistake, sometimes, we do thing without thinking until it’s too late, trust me, it happens to me as well. Sometimes it is best just to ignore comments. Remember, “Internet is not a serious business”.

• GuardianAuron

August 14, 2012 at 2:02 am

Why exactly are people griping over this? Seems a lot cooler than the other dog shit that James posts from Screw Attack or wherever. Or maybe I am just misinformed.

• doemaaan

August 14, 2012 at 3:13 am

i didn’t even know there was a “controversy” surrounding this kickstarter project… regardless, i wasn’t interested in the first place. not my cup of tea.

i thought the video promoting it was funny though. πŸ™‚
    lol, “like a turd that’s halfway through the ass”. that shit made me laugh.

• Brandter

August 14, 2012 at 4:14 am

To Craig Newfoundland

You know that Mike is already doing reviews of romhacks right? He’s already done a few and I think that there will be more.

• Devil_Rising

August 14, 2012 at 6:44 am

1. James and Mike, you had no reason whatsoever to react to internet BS hyperbole, and nothing at all to “apologize” for.

2. I don’t really see James’ comments above as apologizing to anyone for doing or showing this commercial. In fact he says flat out, “If you want the game, then donate”. That’s it. That’s all.

3. Anyone raining down a shitstorm on Cinemassacre or James needs to first, get their facts straight, which few seem to actually have, and secondly, find something better to do with their time than troll Youtube and other sites, joining in on a moronic witch hunt with ZERO basis in fact.

4. This isn’t a scam. Period. If you want it, pay up. If you don’t, shut up. The simplest math possible.

• snake0

August 14, 2012 at 7:37 am

I guess you could say this was a FAILED EXPIREMENT.

• hughfan10

August 14, 2012 at 8:35 am

Let me start by apologizing to you James. You are doing this wonderful thing for your fans and letting a lot of people in on this awesome event, which a lot of hardcore nes fans are really excited about including myself and understand the true art of what it takes to be a collector, not to mention you’re helping in bringing back a part of our childhood. . . . (Sigh) So for that I thank you and once again apologize for those who don’t understand what kickstarter is and harshly judge you on it i can only hope you do not let these foolish nay sayers bring you down in anyway, so please don’t stop what you’re doing, it makes a lot of us really happy and life worth living in this sad world.
    P.s The new Arnold video was awesome

• bloodheap

August 14, 2012 at 12:17 pm

You have nothing to apologize for james. Kids nowadays are whiny entitled bitches who expect the world and do nothing but complain when they don’t get it. You would swear that someone broke into their house at night and stole money from their wallet to fund this project the way they complain about it. If you don’t want it, don’t contribute and move on with your lives.

• LONESOME COWBOY BILL

August 14, 2012 at 2:03 pm

After reading this and the comments, I can honestly say that humanity is eternally lost in ignorance and I really feel pity for it, speially since neanderthals like keith the genesis virgin share oxygen with me. AMEN.

• tom13xiii

August 15, 2012 at 2:18 am

dammit i wrote a whole monolog and it didnt post. well shit it was really good too, bashing haters, praising the AVGN. well heres the long and short. AVGN, James mike pat….you guys rock, keep up the great work.

haters, douches, poeple who feel james betrayed them and people who turned on the AVGN mike pat and such. Fuck you dicks. you dont like james? good for you. so what? what do you like? pissing your pants and shoving catus’ up your asses? we dont log on the site to see what you hate about the AVGN. why dont you losers start a site about how much you like pants pissing and hating on people. especially “brokeback cowboy bill”

• Hajeil Sounak

August 15, 2012 at 3:21 am

I don’t see why people think this is a scam. It isn’t. The guy who owns the rights to it is teaming up with the original designer to produce and release an “official” completed version of the game. Whether or not you can download a hacked rom fix or someone else’s release of the hacked rom fix loaded onto a cart is irrelevant. Just because those options are available does not make this project a scam. This is for people who are fans of the cult classic and want to purchase an official copy of the fixed product. I’m quite sure the people who will purcahse this product are well aware of the other options available. And even if they are not they still obviously want to purchase an “official” copy. There is nothing wrong with that or anything that makes this a scam. Everyone who is hating on this project and everyone involved just needs to back off. What you are doing is the equivalent of bitching at Nintendo, Sega, etc for rereleaseing classic games for people to purchase. It’s just ridiculous how you are all trying to witch hunt over a legitimate business venture.

It’s further ridiculous that any of you are saying such hateful things about James, Mike and Pat. If I had to deal with all the hate and abuse people were spewing forth like ignorant asses I would block them from making comments too. It’s uncalled for and completely counter productive. It simply shows that in this day and age people will just get mad over anything and break out the torches to start the hunt.

James and Mike, I really don’t think you needed to apologize for anything. Your real fans and people who understand the cult “classic” stance of this game and the entire serious joke behind this business venture support you. I’m really sorry that you got so much flak over it. Please continue to keep up the great work.

• amars464

August 15, 2012 at 12:49 pm

I figure that I could probably weigh in here a little bit as well with some information, mixed with a little opinion. We’ll get the information out of the way first.

Active Enterprise releases (Action 52, Cheetahmen II) use a very unique circuit board not found in any other NES release. Before I get into the details, I have to give a couple of definitions.

Memory Management Controller – A chip on a NES game’s circuit board that allows the game to have features not present in the stock NES console. From here on out, I will refer to these by their other name, Mappers.

PRG – A memory chip on a NES game’s board that is tied to the NES’s CPU

CHR – A memory chip on a NES game’s board that is tied to the NES’s PPU (The NES’s Graphics Processor)

Active Enterprises releases use mapper 228, which was created by Active Enterprises themselves. The two games that they made are the only games in existence that use mapper 228. The releases also contain three 4mb PRG chips, and one 4mb CHR chip. On top of all of that, the original Active Enterprises releases (I’m not sure about the new Cheetahmen II release in question) use a method of essentially shocking the NES’s lockout chip (A chip that is installed in a NES in order to prevent the use of unlicensed games). Although the releases themselves are pretty awful games, the carts themselves have a ton of features that are totally unique. So here’s why you kind of need to go through this guy’s Kickstarter to get a physical copy:

In order to make a reproduction cart of Cheetahmen II you need one of two things. You could get a suitable donor cart, but that requires a cart that contains all of the features that I’ve listed above, which limits you to other Active Enterprises releases. Last time I checked, those are rare and expensive. The other thing you could do, is get a custom PCB made up, order all the parts yourself, get a device to flash the rom onto a chip, and build your own copy. That can also be pretty pricey though.

“Well what about the NES Powerpak? Surely, you can get one of those, download the fixed Cheetahmen II ROM, and play it on an actual console right?” You might be asking. Well sadly, no, you can’t. While the Powerpak does in fact support mapper 228, it doesn’t support games that use more than 4mb for CHR and 4mb for PRG total. As I’ve stated before, Active Enterprises releases use three 4mb PRG chips, far exceeding what the Powerpak allows for.

So why would people even want to pay $60 for such a shitty game? Because they’re collectors. Active Enterprises is an odd little story in the history of retro gaming, and for a collector it would be nice to get to own part of the history. Before this project came along, the only way to do that would be to spend thousands of dollars on the real thing. Collectors don’t want it because they are just dying to play through Cheetahmen II, they just want to add such an oddity to their collection.

• Jatycre

August 16, 2012 at 1:02 am

I’m sorry, but this is unacceptable. I’ve been a fan since 2007 when I first discovered AVGN, then Angry Nintendo Nerd. This is the first time that I’ve been really offended by something James/Cinemassacre has done. The more you look into this whole thing, the more you see that it was a quick money grab and a total scam. Several producers of reproduction carts have even come forward saying there is absolutely no need to get a huge sum of money like this to produce carts. Then on top of that, no matter which way you slice it, there is a lot of money that is not accounted for which will simply line pockets. That is totally unprofessional and unacceptable.

Even beyond that though, James and Mike have not responded to the fans in a positive way. They have blocked fans and censored people for pointing out what a scam this was. That is the ultimate slap in the face that I am not prepared to tolerate. You don’t treat your fans, that have made you who you are, with disregard like that. THAT is what James should be apologizing for here. Don’t apologize for not researching the project better. Apologize for treating your fans poorly when they were upset because this whole thing was clearly a money grab. Don’t come out and act like you didn’t know what was going on, and try to pass the buck like both Mike and James have done. Apologize for screwing up, period. Stand up, be men, and apologize for doing wrong.

• LONESOME COWBOY BILL

August 16, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Umm ok retard tom13xiii, did you by any chance know that the reference to my nickname is about a song by lou reed of the now defunct velvet underground instead of your favorite movie in which you feel totally identified?, your comment is a fanboy one, in which you kiss all cocks instead of expanding your mind and try to see that people like your JESUS JAMES can also commit a scam, but it is my mistake by thinking that a lousy pathetic bieng such as yourself would know Lou Fucking Reed, my bad.

• August 16, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Why would anyone want to waste their time making pure garbage like this that not anyone gives two fucks about now or ever will? Its like me saying I want to shit in my hand and eat it. I played this fucking game and it was so bad it made me physically ill. The fact that something like this is being remade is an absolute joke and makes me sick. I would not seriously give them one cent to help them make this trash even if they sent me 90 t-shirts. Not even to use them as fire starters or toilet paper because I couldnt live with myself knowing that my 1 cent was going towards making this godawful ass garbage and I am not joking in any way whatsoever.

• Zetacheesecake

August 16, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Pleae, please just remove the videos. Youd save your reputation by doing so

• Zetacheesecake

August 16, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Dear Mike and James. Long time fan, first time commenter here.

Honestly man, by just removing the videos and being honest you will get so much respect from your fan base and beyond for doing the right thing and you can just put this thing behind you.

Anyway sorry for going on for so long but just wanted to let you know what a lot of us fans are thinking. Thanks for your time and good luck with the upcoming videos!

• Zetacheesecake

August 16, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Sorry for all theese mistake posts but wordpress is telling me i have “banned words” and i have no idea what they are so i cant post my full post. can someone help me out please?

• shane77x

August 16, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Well the way I see it is this: You were in a project and shit happens. O well no biggie. I don’t know what your other fans are fussing about, but it’s no problem to me bro, shit happens.

• DavidARice

August 16, 2012 at 9:21 pm

I forgive you for this and I still support you. I love your videos and God bless you.

• Justin Hall

August 16, 2012 at 10:51 pm

I don’t see what the big deal is. If someone donated money to the project expecting a good Cheatamen game, isn’t that their own fault? Am I missing some big headline or some sort of fine print about this project that says it’s a total scam and nobody will get their crappy cheatamen game? I work too hard for my money to donate it to a game I know will suck, but that doesn’t mean everyone else does, so I don’t see the problem. Oh yeah, and I thought the pancake on fishingline gag was kind of funny… so sue me (not really though, it’s just a phrase in case you didn’t get it.)

• jfarrell85

August 17, 2012 at 1:46 am

If anyone thinks it is a scam don’t pledge. I pledged $200 and will be siked to get an autographed sealed copy of the game. If i get douped i get douped. These guys screwed investors over in the past and they’re very aware of this and don’t try to hide the facts. This is there chance to redeem them selves. And if they do screw me out of my $200 im not going to cry and bitch about it or even blame the avgn. you gotta gamble every now and then!

Keep up the good work James and Mike! Been watching fir vids for years.

Also wondering if you can lift my ban and let me re subscribe to the youtube channel. Im sorry i called you a fuck head mike!

yours truly,

Jfarrell85

• K3vin4w3s0m3

August 17, 2012 at 4:32 am

This fucking pisses me off. Everyones all fuckin up something that could be great by bitching that its a scam or its worthless. You dont like it? FUCK OFF, no one wants to hear your bullshit talking about how you hate it.

• Zetacheesecake

August 17, 2012 at 11:00 am

for anyone who believes Gregs claims that each catridge will cost $25 alone minus eveything else check out this site. There selling new NES carts with labels for as little as $20. Its obvious this is a scam.

• Scorpion

August 17, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Normally I don’t waste my time posting on topics like this but this time I feel like I must. I love the work that James and Mike produce on a consistant basis. In regards to this Cheetahman game…..everyone must take personal responsibility when donating to projects like this. Stop blaming James and Mike if, after the fact, you think that it may not be legit. But what makes me really sick is how certain people (and we all know who they are) sit in the wings just waiting for a situation like this to appear so they can look like some kind of hero. These people like to stir things up in hopes of damaging the reutation of others. Maybe they should spend more time on themselves and their work and not be so concerned about others. Anyways…..I am a fan of AVGN and the other work James and Mike puts out there. I’m not going to believe the conspiracy theories that float around the internet.

• August 17, 2012 at 4:52 pm

i was an idiot who got duped into buying that GARBAGE simpsons game on the NES. i was a little kid and it cost me $50 of my uncle’s hard earned money. many companies got away with pure $hit games back then but now we have the internet to see and read about it before we plunk our dollars down. money is HARD to make in life, no matter what job you do.

• Lish

August 18, 2012 at 5:37 pm

I don’t think anyone that has been disrespecting James and Mike deserve an apology at all. Those douches deserve to be banned IMO. If you are no longer a fan of the site, be a man and move on with your lives.
    If it is a scam, oh well, mistakes fucking happen. We are only human. You can’t expect James or Mike to be flawless because they have fame.. that’s not fair to them. Everyone bitching is just pointing fingers because they fell for something and don’t want to admit making a mistake.
    I haven’t researched this myself so I don’t really know. I am just defending James and Mike.

The world is full of imbeciles that think they are being cute by insulting people on the internet. Its getting so old…

James and Mike, I’ve been a fan for almost 3 years now, and I am still a fan. I relate to your guys’ sense of humor and that’s not something I find every day. Keep up the hard work, and just laugh at the pussies behind their computer screens thinking they are badasses for cussing you out on your site. Ban them negative fuckers!

• Darth Godzilla

August 18, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Hell i’ll put 60 bucks up and i’ll flush 100 down the toilet you poverty stricken losers. Can’t wait to see the movie James.

• Dom

August 19, 2012 at 3:10 am

I really don’t get what everyone is talking about can someone please inform me.

• Dom

August 19, 2012 at 3:18 am

@Zetacheesecake

• MansonTiTs

August 19, 2012 at 7:27 am

I reckon the cheetahmen 2 game will be awesome There doing the Kicker starter thing for Leisure Suit Larry aswell And that game kicked ass =) I loved his video, So F*** All those Fake Fans who just gave up. I friggin Love Cinemassacre. Thanks James Thanks Mike Thanks Kyle Justin Thanks Every one of you guys for making such awesome videos

• Muhahahahaaaaa

August 19, 2012 at 11:15 pm

I don’t undersantd why people complain about this. Don’t you think a pristine signed copy of that game will be worth thousands of dollars in 20 years?

• Poundu

August 20, 2012 at 2:48 am

@ Muhahahahaaaaa

Reproductions dont go up in value, only originals. When this game gets released to the public, its going to be worth at least 180 dollars. No body is stupid enough to pay 180 bucks for any reproduction game. Besides, you could get this fixed version of the Cheetahmen 2 game for free at ROMs online.

• Zetacheesecake

August 20, 2012 at 3:14 am

Reproductions are worth about as much as a Picasso painting that has been copied and printed onto a piece of paper. virtually nothing. The true value with rare games is that there original and well …rare. IF you count a reproduction copy of a game as valuable as the real thing you’ve missed the point of collecting value.

Its like the difference between a DVD release of night of the living dead. Even if it was signed by romero it would still be nowhere near as value as an original film canister because of age band rarity value

• AbsoluteDeicide

August 20, 2012 at 7:36 am

I don’t think anyone is thinking this is going to be as valuable as the original, unreleased copies of the game. This is the first time the game is being “officially” released, however, and depending on how many copies are sold it could actually be more rare than the originals; 1000 Lost Levels “factory” (cough) sealed vs. 1500 originals, for instance. All of the controversy surrounding the whole thing might actually add to the value of the games, too. I wouldn’t be surprised to see some high Ebay prices right after the game is released in December.

The funny thing about collectibles that some people don’t get despite there being a couple dozen shows about it on TV now: nothing is really “worth” anything. It’s only worth as much as the next guy is willing to pay.

• AbsoluteDeicide

August 20, 2012 at 7:43 am

*Edit- I hate how you can’t edit comments here…

Also worth noting Pabich and Gonzalez are already working on Cheetamen iPhone and Ouya games, reguardless of how the Kickstarter project goes:

I think the whole point of the project is just to gauge the public’s interest (or hate) in the Cheetahmen franchise, while giving them a chance to advertise their brand and give collectors as legitimate a version of the game as possible.

• GamerMomma2

August 20, 2012 at 1:16 pm

I’m a longtime fan of AVGN. I enjoy the videos a lot!!! I also enjoyed the Cheetahmen “commercial”. If you don’t want to donate, then don’t. It’s that simple. I honestly don’t see how fans are so upset about it. Keep doing what your doing James.

• Thomas Casson

August 20, 2012 at 3:32 pm

I feel i am missing something with the whole backlash here? I donated because i want a cheetah man game.. it is expensive on ebay! Maybe it is a scam but its not like i am personally down 2 grand.

People who are uploading videos bashing are a bit silly. Does one video somehow erase the enjoyment and goodness of literally hundreds of funny and informative videos we love from hardworking James and Mike? No.

If the same people who are bashing have never made a mistake in their lives well that’s just super. It must kill you to still come on here and check out the latest great vid!

• JonC

August 20, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Again – people are forgetting that James was PAID to make that appearance in the video not to mention put the banners up on his page! Why would he do it for free?!

It’s easy to pass off as “oh, we didn’t look into this much” which of course they didn’t but they keep conveniently not mentioning the money they received from the banners as well as the spot in the video

• Zetacheesecake

August 20, 2012 at 3:52 pm

@ Thomas Casson

I think your missing the point to why its expensive on EBay.
    Because its such a huge piece of crap that it couldnt even get an official release and only a few were made and only a handful have been accounted for. Why not donate towards getting a repo on a good NES game that never got released, like Mr gimmick or something?

• Keith the Genesis Geek

August 20, 2012 at 7:47 pm

CheetahMen: “The Creation” is now available with an extra $99.00 added to the pledge! It’s at $51,000 now! πŸ™‚

• Thomas Casson

August 21, 2012 at 6:02 am

@ Zetacheesecake

O i know and i totally understand your point, but its just a matter of taste..

Your chatting to someone who owns ‘E.T’ on Atari, ‘Run Boy Jump’ on Amstrad 464+ and ‘Make My Video’ on Sega CD! Some people have a huge interest in dire crappy games to play and physically own. My friends and i have never laughed harder when playing them! I quite would like a shitty cheetahman II game and i certainly don’t have the means to get one of any sort money wise before this was posted.

I haven’t donated a lot if this never comes to fruition. I have seen YouTube videos people have made showing a court document of the Pabich name from 2001 BUT there is obviously a demand for the game by the amount raised so far and i don’t see anyone else making one. Maybe now someone who knows about making NES games should do one cheaper seeing the demand first hand. If someone has donated a huge amount and this is a scam well that’s just unfortunate, James did not tell them too.

I am certainly not going to hate on him and Mike day and night after this amazing site they created entertains you and me more then most things on the internet.

• asdfghjkl

August 21, 2012 at 3:21 pm

I WANT AN apology DANGIT!!

• ZombieGearZolid

August 22, 2012 at 5:38 pm

If people are too stupid to make up their own mind and jump into things without finding out more on their own, that’s their problem… I’m happy to say that i cannot wait for this game to go in my collection… $60 of my money is going to buy yet another crappy game that comes complete vs a reproduction cart that isn’t. I mean come on, I wasted money on recent games on the Xbox 360 that blew more donkey dick then this game.

• Dark Omega

August 23, 2012 at 6:08 am

I don’t put repros in my collection so this is a pass. I’ll hold out for the hope that I can acquire the original one from then olden days.

• DoctorColossus

August 27, 2012 at 9:56 am

People, it’s simple. If you don’t like the game, don’t buy it. If you feel like James has somehow wronged you by advertising a product that you wouldn’t buy, stop freaking out and if you’re seriously that offended, stop browsing this site. Last time I checked, the world was still turning.

• klsadfj sklfj

August 27, 2012 at 12:32 pm

definitely getting my copy, before i hunt down james and have him sign it.

• Thomas Casson

August 28, 2012 at 9:21 am

Zetacheesecake

I like how we are agreeing to disagree and being polite about this! I think a lot of youtubers especially could learn to have a reasoned argument like we have over the past week or so. So i thank you for that!

I understand your point completely. I guess things like these rub people in different ways. But contemplate this..

Apple recently called itself the most successful company ever. It broke profit margins the last 3 years and enjoyed a huge 334% spike in iPad sales this past 18 months. Apple’s Iphone alone is worth more then the whole of Microsoft. The reason? The Gadget Show in the UK broke a part all its current products and valued each individual piece, even the screws! The findings show Apple sell their products at a price which is more then half their worth. Its business sense. In some ways you have to applaud this guy who is making Cheetahman. He has seen a market and an obvious demand for a product and is doing the same thing. Are Apple seen as con artists?

If there is a game developer out there who will do a cheetahman II much cheaper because they are just in it for the love of gaming then do it. Until then this is how the world works.

• adam loewen

August 29, 2012 at 12:47 am

Cinnemassacre, I see nothing wrong with this ad campaign, or the way it was handled. I just want you to know I support this. It’s an interesting idea, from a business perspective. Personally, I don’t want a copy of this game. Just like the original Action 52, it is a terrible game, and it is terribly overpriced – this is exactly what you’re telling us it is! Where’s the scam here! You’re helping to sell an inferior product, and a BUNCH OF PEOPLE ARE GOING TO PARTICIPATE. That’s the whole joke of AVGN anyway, that anyone cares about a game like Cheetahmen to begin with. This is hilarious! People are voluntarily paying for this, it’s resurrecting a bad game so it can be destroyed once and for all (Simon’s Quest?), it’s keeping the cinemassacre capitol flowing so you can keep doing your life’s work and producing more awesome episodes for my enjoyment and that of your entire fan community… Uh, where’s the victim? Thank you for standing up for yourselves, as did Pat the NES Punk. This ridiculous, false youtube scandal is not worth your consideration – mine even less so.

• Low on Health

August 30, 2012 at 9:39 am

I think its a scam, like most of you do. I don’t know much about the production costs of making an NES game, but I do know that hacking Cheetahmen’s rom is absolutely free.

Honestly though, I don’t give half a shit. Our everyday life is basically as a scam. A 20 cent piece of paper plus some 30 cent ink should be 50 cents, but we buy them for 5 bucks.

Look, what I’m trying to say is that this whole Cheetahmen 2 thing is definitely a big scam. But that’s not stopping me from getting a copy.

• warpzone

August 31, 2012 at 10:02 pm

I would be willing to bet most of you who claim that the Cheetahmen 2 team is guilty of fraud, willing pay other advertisers on this site (BK?) to, essentially, slowly kill you. If someone wants to make a buck off of a terrible romhack on an NES cart, then so be it. It`s no worse than the other companies that profit off of our daily lives.

• warpzone

August 31, 2012 at 10:07 pm

On another note, as a silly video game collector and dealer, I am behind this project 100% if they deliver what they promise. I will enjoy having this shitty game on my shelf, next to the the original Action 42. I paid too much to put that up there, too. And that’s okay. πŸ™‚

• leonzell

September 2, 2012 at 3:48 am

i like what i see in the last few comments, true bad video game collectors have put really good points forward, and while i am not one after watching AVGN i wish i was one, and i probably would become one if i had the capital, while 60$ seems is alot to some people, if you don’t like bad video games don’t donate. people who collect old and bad video games sometimes spend in the hundreds (according to what i know, correct me if i’m wrong) on games from 30 years ago that 99.99% of people wouldn’t play so what is so different in this? like warpzone above said if they deliver the game to the people who donated, they might save hundreds if not thousands of dollars on a bad video game they might have been looking for a long time. btw i’m not being sarcastic in the least i apologize to the collectors if it seems like i am.

• jackindahood123

September 2, 2012 at 1:20 pm

I am a huge fan of James Rolfe and all his videos. I don’t know whether this is a scam or not but the fact of the matter is James Rolfe is a human being and everybody makes mistakes. I do feel as though you would do yourself a huge favor if you just took the video down. Keep up the good work otherwise.

• Savaget1337

September 7, 2012 at 12:17 pm

If its not a scam, why did That Guy Who Works With You (I refuse to say his name) say it was?

Care to explain?

• Viltsu VÀÀrΓ€nimi

January 15, 2013 at 7:03 pm

So none of you read about the PABICH v. KELLAR case or otherwise investigated this old money hungry fraudster? I see a lot of ass kissers here. I am fan of James too, been one for many years. It does not affect the FACT that this thing just flat out sucks and is wrong. Please James, don`t make me hate you. Also, waiting for AVGN the movie like a MOFO. πŸ™‚

• October 28, 2013 at 11:11 pm

ya know there was a short time when i was completely against you James…… i accept your apology wholeheartedly

trust me i know what being hated is like it ain’t fun and in my case it has turned me into an old curmudgeon myself

i do hope you do not allow these trolls to affect you the same way they have me

• October 28, 2013 at 11:13 pm

P.S. i have also been…used by people that i thought i could trust

• colt

September 15, 2014 at 1:33 am

So did anyone get their game?

• colt

September 15, 2014 at 4:11 pm

Did the donators get anything?