Let’s make SGC (ScrewAttack Gaming Convention) return in 2013

James / July 31st, 2012

I’ve been a featured guest at SGC for 2 years, but lately, the convention got too big to handle. Running an independent gaming convention takes a lot of money and hard work to pull off. ScrewAttack just launched a kickstarter fundraiser to get the event off the ground. Check out the page here!

Comments

• gamerz

July 31, 2012 at 9:55 am

James, really when are you going to separate from those guys. Have the merchandise purchased from your site. Leave Screawattack

• GuardianAuron

July 31, 2012 at 12:14 pm

I apologize for the language, but…. Fuck ScrewAttack. Let them burn.

• Gigs

July 31, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Come on, folks. Screwattack picked up James to begin with and will probably heavily advertise his movie for – hopefully – a discounted rate. Wait to hear from James on more.

• quickson1

July 31, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Why all the hate? ScrewAttack looks like they help a lot with the merchandise. Also it’s not a bad site either, lots of good original content at a very frequent pace. If I’m not mistaken Jared and Chad from ScrewAttack gave James the idea to review Predator, as people went crazy with fan art and love when they beat it live on their “Terrible Thursdays” live show. There’s not enough time in life to always be hating.

• Thrashing Deth

July 31, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Why do people hate ScrewAttack? Can a ScrewAttack hater enlighten me there hatred towards them? If it’s about merchandising then that doesn’t bother me at all because I rarely by any kind of merchandise. But that can’t be the only reason I don’t think.

• Keith the Genesis Geek

July 31, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Screw Attack is very reliable with the Cinemassacre merchandise. Chad is quick to ship and responded to my questions immediately. I hope this event gets funded

• deusprogrammer

July 31, 2012 at 8:29 pm

The reason I don’t like Screw Attack is Stuttering Craig…he is an asshole.

• RecordSetShed

July 31, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Perhaps it’s time for CinemassaCon?

• Recoil

July 31, 2012 at 11:28 pm

I don’t understand all the hate for ScrewAttack–someone wanna clue me in?

• derpman

August 1, 2012 at 1:55 am

Screwattack sucks now cus everytime I go there to check out real gaming news or some video by the staff the video list is flooded with random “G1” blogs. Its like if I wanted to go see a bunch of random people’s videos, Id go to crappy youtube.

• GuardianAuron

August 1, 2012 at 3:02 am

Because ScrewAttack is nothing but a bunch of sellouts. Add to the fact that any and all of their shit is overpriced and marked up 10x is just insane. While I have no problem with SA or any other site like them making money… There was a point when their focus shifted from content to being nothing but a cash grab. It also feels like they are bending James over a barrel, but obviously he isn’t going to say as much. James could do so much more on his own… He doesn’t need them, at all.

• Tropxe

August 1, 2012 at 7:55 am

Sorry for the OT post, but are James or Mike planning on doing an Olympic games video? Those games usually suck pretty badly, and in pretty varied and funny ways, and obviously it’s topical at the moment.

• August 2, 2012 at 10:36 am

@Tropxe
    The classic ones were generally nothing more than monotonous button mashers. Would there really be enough to say?

• jiminboo

August 2, 2012 at 11:41 am

Why all the hate? I’m surprised there’s not enough hate. I remember they once held a SA t-shirt design contest years ago. The winner will get a t-shirt & have the privilege of letting Screw Attack earn money on the winner’s design sold on their store, no mention of profit sharing with the designer or anything. Just a lousy t-shirt, Holy shit wow! and people actually were suckered into this! I’m all for folks making a living, but money grubbing… Looks to me that they need James more then he needs them…

• 0nef0rth

August 2, 2012 at 1:08 pm

I will echo what others are saying. I am no fan of SA. This is mainly due to Craig’s history of how he treats other people. James’s videos are 2 to 3 times more popular then anything SA ever puts out. So I am not certain as to why he maintains this business relationship with them. If he needs a partnership like this then he should get with Doug and Channel Awesome which has a very good history of how it treats people.

• hammerhorrortexas

August 3, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Sweet, I don’t even have to travel, I already live in Dallas. where do I sign up?

• August 4, 2012 at 8:37 pm

I remember when that first DVD arrived in the mail, late 2007. Mom was like, “Screw Attack? Now what in the hell is this!?!?” I had to explain who James was & the whole thing. “No, ma. This is NOT what you think!”

-N8

• mmmfloorpie

August 4, 2012 at 10:01 pm

I don’t like ScrewAttack either.

The main reason is Craig.

He just screams “I’m a big douche” and I just get this vibe from him that it’s all about the money.

Normally, I don’t begrudge people for starting a business and making money, but the reason people like James are so popular is because you can tell they really love the video game medium and are passionate about it. And it shows in the videos.

Craig just doesn’t give me that same impression. He seems primarily motivated by money and only does things to make money and grow his business. It doesn’t seem that he has a genuine love for the games.

Add to the fact that I was a big Handsome Tom fan who is a very laid back and cool guy. That’s why him and Craig parted ways.

And why are they still doing video game vaults? They’ve done so many games already that the ones they do now are totally irrelevant.

• August 9, 2012 at 2:15 pm

i liked screwattack when handsome tom (useless knowledge!) and his quirky style of review were on there. i’ve never found craig to be friendly or an average type of guy (reason why bill clinton was loved so much by the public? he ate donuts and was an average type of joe playing the sax, at least compared to other presidents).

craig comes off as “i run this site and i own the show blah blah blah” type of stuck up snobbish attitude in his videos and his approach when gamers come to his site. it’s lame and turns people off.

i never visit that site for that reason as well as how cluttered and ugly it is. it’s a bad user experience although i do like how you can customize it to a large degree (it’s better than cinemassacre in user customization actually). regardless though, i just don’t like craig. he should be behind the scenes as a greedy businessman, not the face of an industry that requires genuine passion for it.

craig is like the kwame brown and chris dudley combined of screwattack. would you allow those players to represent the NBA?

• August 10, 2012 at 9:33 am

I love SGC!

• Dark Omega

August 10, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Wow. First Screw Attack is using James to con people out of money, then some old fart wants money to revive a shitty game. I hate to see what article asking us for our hard earned money will appear next. (I know James isn’t getting anything from this, but the point remains the same.)

• Kickasjake

August 10, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Wow a lot of hate. People do know this is optional, seriously you guys sound exactly like the people who bashed James for using Kickstarter for his movie. Way to prove to be hypocrites. Calm down I’m not donating to it and if your not a fan of SGC or screwattack, just like if you weren’t a fan of AVGN or an AVGN movie, DON”T DONATE. That’s all you have to do, there are people who like screwattack and if they want to give them money they have the right to.

• likalaruku

August 11, 2012 at 1:21 am

I used t go to a little convention that eventually tripled in population & moved to a downtown convention center, & it ruined the experience for me. After 2 years of attempting to enjoy the larger convention, I gave up & stopped going.

• snake0

August 18, 2012 at 12:48 am

Haha they aren’t going to meet their target, delicious tears

• snake0

August 18, 2012 at 12:50 am

The only reason Craig stutters is because he has a thousand and one dicks stuffed in his mouth and he can’t talk properly lol