Con Bravo this weekend

James / July 25th, 2012

Just a reminder, I’ll be appearing at my first convention outside the USA this weekend. Con Bravo in Burlington, ON, Canada. I’ll be at the con SATURDAY and SUNDAY. I have a packed schedule. See more details at ConBravo.com.

Also, I am making an extra appearance at A&C Game Store not too far from the convention. This is on FRIDAY before the convention. I’ll be signing autographs there fromΒ 2-4pm. Time is limited. I have to leave at 4pm, so I’m sorry if anyone gets turned away. See more details at ACGamesOnline.com.

Comments

• Sammit

July 25, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Have fun in Canada. Just remember not to keep pointing out to them that they’re Canadian. They hate that!

• Recoil

July 25, 2012 at 12:35 pm

I hear Doug and a few other people from Channel Awesome are going to be at Con Bravo. I really wish I could be there–I have a feeling some truly hilarious and awesome things will be happening there this weekend.

• stoney_1

July 25, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Awesome!!

• fuzzie

July 25, 2012 at 3:08 pm

I’ll be there. It’s right down the road!

• Keith the Genesis Geek

July 25, 2012 at 4:19 pm

See ya at the Con James!

• EMazing

July 25, 2012 at 4:35 pm

James, is there any reason you are not making an appearance at Dragon Con in Atlanta over Labor Day weekend? All your fans from the south would love to have you there!

• NordicOwl

July 25, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Looking forward to seeing you here up in Canada this weekend

• J.J. McSandfarm

July 25, 2012 at 6:45 pm

You’re going to this and skipping the AVGN Con? It’s estimated that 700,000 people are attending, with special guest Fred Fucks. Get your priorities straight!!

• July 25, 2012 at 7:57 pm

James & Doug in the same place? WHY OH WHY does it have to be so many thousands of miles away!

• Jigglysaint

July 25, 2012 at 9:46 pm

I’m looking forward to a nice AVGN vs Nostalgia Critic fight break out.

• hammerhorrortexas

July 26, 2012 at 3:39 am

Right on

• starflame99

July 26, 2012 at 7:04 am

YAY I am driving 4 hrs to go see the Nerd and Nostalgia Critic i hopes its worth it this is my first con. James if you see thisi suggest you try Harveys if you are driving to the con they have the best burgers and they have okay poutine (gravy and french fries with cheese curds)

• starflame99

July 26, 2012 at 7:07 am

I forgot You Must Try Tim Hortons The best restaurant coffee shop on the planet and they have the best coffee. And lastly get somecorn puffs while you’re here there different than american corn puffs

• gamer025

July 26, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Please ignore starflame99. Seriously, TIm Hortons is garbage, the coffee sucks, the pastries are pre-made, mass-produced crap you can get at any major coffee chain, and their commercials make me cringe every time I see one. It’s popular because of their aggressive marketing and their lame attempt to associate themselves with being Canadian. I hate Tims.

• gamer025

July 26, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Oh, and have a great time while you’re there. I wish I could come down to see you, but do try to enjoy yourself!

• Keith the Genesis Geek

July 26, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Gamer025 hit the nail on the head. Tim Hortons is garbage! Harvey’s isn’t all that great either. There Burgers taste like the plain frozen ones you get at the grocery store!

Stick to the american chains. We got all that shit like Starbucks in Burlington.

• Gin231

July 26, 2012 at 6:08 pm

I just checked the directions on Google maps and it says A & C is an hour away from the Convention. I wouldn’t say that’s “Not too far”. Anyway, I’ll be at the convention on Friday and Saturday. Is anyone else who is going wearing costumes? I’ll be going as Ash from Evil Dead (http://i.imgur.com/yyhSn.jpg) and I hope other people dress up too or I will feel pretty dumb…

• Keith the Genesis Geek

July 26, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Gin. Conbravo is all about costumes and shit. That’s not my thing … but make sure you do!

Ya gotta cut through a lot of traffic to get to A/C games, no matter what direction you’re coming from..

The signing at the Con is only scheduled for an hour, Will most likely have to line up super early. We’ll see how it turns out. πŸ™‚

• adder_doner2

July 27, 2012 at 12:24 am

A&C Games is Bloor & Spadina, so it’s going to be hell on a Friday getting in/out of the city. Staysafe James, enjoy Toronto tho!

• restlessjester

July 27, 2012 at 9:30 am

Enjoy your time in Canada. A & C is a really cool place to be, specially for someone that is into the classics. I tried to get out of work to stop by and make a visit, but it was a no go. Hopefully you come back again, and I can finally meet you in person. Thanks for all vids for over the years and staying true to your fans!

• PoliteYoungMan

July 27, 2012 at 11:01 am

Fred Fuchs lives in Toronto. Somebody should call him up and bring him to this con.

• Parapsyche

July 27, 2012 at 11:50 am

Be seein’ ya there, James! Pumped to see/meet you in person!

P.S. Gin231…that’s a wicked Ash costume!

• starflame99

July 27, 2012 at 2:32 pm

I Like harveys I can tell you the beat BK and McDonald and I love Tim Hortons They are way Cheaper Than Starbucks and since you like star bucks so much i am interested are you a mac user gamer025 ???? ( cough cough cough Hipster)

• Browntown

July 28, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Today was awesome! Got to meet James and he signed my copy of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. His face in our pic together is priceless.

• Roadie

July 28, 2012 at 8:33 pm

James is a great guy! He took pictures, signed all sorts of cool memorabilia (not to mention prospective tattoos) and smiled the whole time. So many people showed up that they kept postponing the Q&A until they finally cancelled it. James didn’t want to disappoint anyone and I think everyone appreciated that.

After the Q&A was cancelled I cut a deal with the nice people at chopshopgoods.com to make me an appropriate shirt to capture the experience.

I got quite a few good chuckles from it as I walked around.

P.S. James, I hope some of those SEGA CD games will make it into a video in the future – and hold a movie screening in/near Toronto!!! – if not the premiere πŸ˜€

• Roadie

July 28, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Here’s the picture:

• Browntown

July 28, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Hey Roadie, I remember you today. I was a few people behind you for the signing and I saw you donate those SEGA CD games and get your NES signed.

That shirt is pretty awesome too and I was so disappointed when the AVGN Q&A got cancelled. At least he was there for the Q&A panel earlier that day, so some people got a few questions in.

• Jarnor23

July 29, 2012 at 3:24 am

Fuck my dick, every trip I took up to Canada was a Tim Horton’s stop. To hell with what they say, try it.

• Keith the Genesis Geek

July 29, 2012 at 3:53 pm

That worked out great! Even though the Q + A got cancelled .. The James and Doug Q + A (Nerd vs. Critic) event made up for it! I’m so glad they co-operated.

Poor James though, he was extremely exhausted. To put it all aside while on stage … man you gotta respect that!

• MissxGraves

July 29, 2012 at 4:17 pm

I am so disappointed that I couldn’t go. i was in Mississauga but i didn’t have the money for the extra travel expenses and hotel room. Well, I hope your experience in Canada was good enough to make you come back in the future. say, closer to Ottawa? *hint hint* <__> ^__^

• JRock

July 29, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Awesome time! Got him to sign my Nintendo tattoo which made him raise his eyebrow for a second in a “Are you sure???” moment. Its going to be a whole sleeve of classic Nintendo characters, why would I not want the AVGN’s signature to be a part of that coolness!?

Hey Roadie bro! Thanks again for the pics, you’re my NFF now!