Interview with Kevin Finn on AVGN Movie

James / July 17th, 2012

Here is an interview with Kevin Finn. It’s a few months old now and has some audio issues, but worth checking out. Together, Kevin and I both wrote and directed the AVGN film. Now someone get him a directing credit on IMDB. It was a double team effort! He also guest starred in the Ninja Gaiden episode (as the Ninja) and the Game Glitches episode (as the Glitch Gremlin).

KEVIN FINN
IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3075905/

KATIE UHLMANN CHATS:
YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/KatieUhlmannChats/featured
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/katieuhlmannchats
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/#!/KatieChats
WEBSITE: http://www.katieuhlmann.com/

Comments

• July 17, 2012 at 10:38 am

Great to see Kevin getting some of the attention he deserves. Back in an AVGN Q&A I watched online where he joined in, no one even asked him any questions. It’s nice to hear from his side for once.

I did not know he had been involved with the site for such a long time. What has his role been all these years before his AVGN appearance?

• Jaredrocks1

July 17, 2012 at 10:50 am

From his AVGN appearances, Kevin seems like a really funny and easy to work with. I’ve got funny friends, but sometimes trying to collaborate can be frustrating.

With James and Kevin both writing/directing, you know it’s going to be good! As Squirrelman said, it’s good to see Kevin getting more attention. That Q & A where no one asked him any questions was BULLSHIT!

*Banjo outro*

• misterprickly

July 17, 2012 at 11:45 am

When will we see a AVGN movie trailer?

• encey

July 17, 2012 at 11:55 am

I too would like to learn more about Kevin’s role with AVGN & Cinemassacre!

• kaltblut1

July 17, 2012 at 12:39 pm

She’s awkward

• Riknight36

July 17, 2012 at 3:56 pm

What was going on at the end? Shouldn’t that popcorn holding business been left out? It was super awkward. Also, what theater is that? It’s not in New York, right? It looks like the theater I saw Tim and Eric’s Billion $ Movie in.

• quickson1

July 17, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Wow, it’ great to finally get to know what Kevin is all about! Not the best interviewer, but I’d sure like to know more now. I didn’t know that he was involved in big TV productions! I sure hope to see more of him on Cinemassacre. Oh and Kevin, if you read this, put a mute button on your site. Sure it’s artsy, but I listen to Led Zeppelin while I search the web :P .

• Keith the Genesis Geek

July 17, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Hey it’s Kevin Finn! We love Kevin!

Ah people leave the interviewer alone, she wasn’t that bad. lol

• culwin

July 17, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Hey Kevin you probably should have mentioned that The Nerd focuses on bad video games, and that’s why he’s so angry.

• StaarsCommando

July 17, 2012 at 7:07 pm

One tip to actually being a good interviewer…ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT WHAT THE PERSON IS TALKING ABOUT. Also stop trying to look pretty, you aren’t that cute.

• Rambowl

July 17, 2012 at 8:32 pm

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Katie is soooo hot! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Do you have a boyfriend Katie? Do you want one? :) ))))

• stevenart

July 18, 2012 at 12:18 am

Oh my god, how bad can this girl be ?
    - Irritating voice? Check!
    - Not giving a single fuck about what the other person says? Check!
    - Trying (and failing) to make stupid jokes? Check!

She was so bad, I created an account on cinemassacre.com to say it.

• July 18, 2012 at 11:51 am

Loved the interview! cant wait to see the movie!

• ademon

July 18, 2012 at 8:20 pm

PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS MOVIE GETS TO NEW ZEALAND!!! you have so many fans here too. I would rather eat the rotten asshole of a road kill skunk then miss this movie

• ThuggleS

July 18, 2012 at 8:25 pm

I couldn’t handle watching the awkwardness of this woman, not to mention how bored she looks.

I had to scroll the page down and just listen to him so I wouldn’t see her, but even her little “Mhm” responses were awkward.

• July 19, 2012 at 10:07 am

she looks like a p orn starlet…about to take her clothes off any second during the interview. i am serious. she just oozes this!

• Shellster04

July 20, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Nice to see Kevin getting to answer some questions for once. I loved him as the Glitch Gremlin! lol. That reporter clearly doesn’t care what he has to say, and two, has never played a video game in her life!

• Jel-K

July 21, 2012 at 10:32 am

Cool video

I don’t know that Katie Uhlmann but she look’s like she’s kevin’s gf beeing forced to do it and she looks terrified / uncomfortable ! But it’s ok =)).

@ staarscomando @ stevenart
    I don’t agree: she’s ‘that ‘ cute:) Here is my phone number: nah joking.

Too bad the sound has been recorded with a nintendo DS mono microphone :D .

• sobekflakmonkey

July 22, 2012 at 4:46 am

wow, I did not know Kevin had so much experience in the film industry, with tv and all that, pretty bad ass, looking forward to the movie!

• herenowit

July 23, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Great interview Kevin. Great to get more info! Love hearing about the production.

My gripe with this particular clip comes from this Katie Uhlmann person… Either she really has to use the bathroom, has a hot date afterwards, or really does not care about who she is interviewing. She is just waiting for Kevin to stop talking to ask another question, very disengaging. Plus camera pointed at glass + bright daylight behind it got distracting, but now I am just nitpicking!

Can’t wait for the movie guys, can tell Kevin likes this project just from the look on his face when he discusses it :D

• ZoNeS

July 25, 2012 at 5:46 am

I know it’s way too early to go on about this but i can’t wait for the director’s commentary for the film! I bet these guys will make us laugh our asses off!

• Sammit

July 25, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Kevin Finn is awesome. Sounds like the Glitch Gremlin messed with the audio!

• Ben_from_G-town

August 3, 2012 at 2:48 pm

That interview pretty much didn’t tell us anything we didn’t already know, but it’s nice to see some of Kevin, nonetheless. He deserves the credit.

• Echidneys

August 13, 2012 at 11:39 pm

That chick is probably an aspiring interviewer or reporter, so that might explain the simple presentation and why she came off as awkward; cut her some slack. She’s a real cutie, though.