That Metal Show

James / April 6th, 2012

Many weeks ago, I was an audience member on That Metal Show. They filmed two episodes, which air the next two Saturdays.

April 7th at 11pm EST. (Guests: Alice Cooper, Jack Russell, and Scott Ian)

April 14th at 11pm EST. (Guests: George Lynch, Jeff Pilson, Mick Brown, and Slash)

See them on VH1 Classic.

I have no idea if you’ll see me in the crowd or not. They play musical chairs with their audience. Try to find me. Make these two the highest rated episodes yet!

NOTE: I tried for a Stump The Trunk question, but unfortunately my question was not chosen. (Name all the AC/DC songs with “balls” in the title.)

UPDATE: As said by Unstoppable_Iron_First, on the episode with the Dokken guys, you can clearly see me at 23:50 in the bottom right corner watching Brian Tischy play drums.

Comments

• etkar

April 6, 2012 at 10:18 am

Too bad I live in Norway… Someone better upload it to YouTube. :P

• lovegun62001

April 6, 2012 at 10:26 am

I’ll have to go back and watch last episode can’t wait for this weekends epidsode. I love that your a metal head and a video game fanatic just like me.

• ass

April 6, 2012 at 10:50 am

SORRY, WE’RE UNABLE TO OFFER THIS VIDEO TO USERS IN YOUR REGION.

I live in Sweden ;(

• chriswhetsell

April 6, 2012 at 11:23 am

I’ll see if I can check it out. Dont’ have cable in my room, unfortunately…

• blyatzkrieg

April 6, 2012 at 2:24 pm

hmmm too bad for us the inter-users…

• JackTenrec

April 6, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Great show, and some really great guests you got to see! When i first saw this headline, i was REALLY hoping you were gonna be one of the guys trying to Stump the Trunk

• diegowar

April 6, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Can’t access this video from France, unfortunately.

• April 6, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Sweet man, I’ll be catching them for sure and looking for you. I watch that show every Saturday night. : )

• Juggalo Johnny Nightmare

April 6, 2012 at 8:25 pm

What the Hell, we can’t even watch this in Canada… Bad form VH1…

• Thrashing Deth

April 6, 2012 at 8:58 pm

I watch the show anyway so yeah I’m sure I’ll find you. With my handy dandy DirecTV I can pause at the full view of the audience and find the nerd!

• Doogrisa

April 6, 2012 at 11:27 pm

I will give it a watch. They better put the camera on you a few times. You are James Fucking Rolfe!

• April 7, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Just Google “That Metal Show VH1″ and you’ll get the direct link. Thus, wherever you are, you can see James possibly appear on the show.

Eddie Trunk would have rolled his eyes at that AC/DC “balls” question!

• April 7, 2012 at 10:07 pm

James, were you sitting in the top left corner next to the guest drummer on his left? It sure looked like you.

• April 7, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Never mind, James. Got a better look and saw it wasn’t you. I will keep a lookout though. : )

• pkfridley

April 7, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Where the hell were you sitting? I watched the whole episode and no confirmed sightings.

• Doogrisa

April 7, 2012 at 11:08 pm

I didnt see you. Maybe they will show you next saturday.

• SpiralShadow29

April 7, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Pause the video when they are cheering for Metallica at the end of the show. James is on the top right of the audience.

• Doogrisa

April 7, 2012 at 11:57 pm

@SpiralShadow29 Haha I did see him for a second. That was James alright.

• Tritoch3601@gmail.com

April 8, 2012 at 12:18 am

When they show the audience cheering for Alice when he’s walking out you can see James at the bottom center of the screen for a second. I just don’t get how they can give a shout out to Artie Laing but not say anything about Rolfe… Just Absurd. I guess things will be different after the movie comes out.
    Also, I’m disappointed that they didn’t choose your question. There is an unreasonable amount of AC/DC songs with balls in the title.

• April 8, 2012 at 4:26 am

I saw James, he was in the top back on one of the bleachers. Only shot I saw with him in it was at the end of the episode with Alice.

• GiovanniRomano

April 8, 2012 at 7:23 am

I am not a fan of this show but I will check it out just to see the Nerd! I am a metalhead myself but not a fan of the mainstream metal, more of the brutal and underground metal that grabs you by the balls!

• Eman73

April 8, 2012 at 8:11 am

Yup just watched the episode last night, James is in the back top row bleachers. Only saw him at the end during the the throwdown when the crowd was cheering for Metallica.

• laser

April 8, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Ha!!! Awesome choice of question! xD xD

Lemme see… “Big Balls”, “Got You By The Balls”, “Ballbreaker”, “She’s Got Balls”, “Snowballed”… I think that’s it.

I kinda doubt Eddie would’ve gotten it – he couldn’t name all of Brian Johnson’s albums on one episode…

• floridaboy

April 8, 2012 at 11:25 pm

New Petition for AVGN to host Halloween Horror Nights or Howl O’ Scream !!!

Please Sign if you have time…Thanks for all the support ! ! ! ! !

• Moxie

April 9, 2012 at 8:50 am

• Dolly Dagger

April 10, 2012 at 1:54 pm

^ Moxie, that’s definitely him. That’s April (Mrs. Nerd) sitting on his left.

For the record, I love That Metal Show–but I fucking loathe Eddie Trunk. He’s such a pretentious bitch when it comes to his musical tastes, and he always has to pick the most obscure album when they do the comparisons, even if it’s not necessarily the best album (like the time he argued extensively with Phil Collen of Def Leppard about whether High ‘n’ Dry was a better album than Pyromania).

Plus, he cries like a little girl whenever he’s actually stumped during Stump The Trunk and tries to act like the question didn’t count because of x, y or z reason that amounts to his uber metal fanboy-ness being threatened. We get it, Trunk–your metal knowledge dick is huge. We’re all so impressed. (eye roll)

• fmdof

April 10, 2012 at 4:04 pm

I like how the show is called “that metal show” and it rarely has anything to do with metal. Got these old guys sitting there talking about kiss and van halen. screw that shit. It’s similar to that Talking metal show that aired a few episodes, and i forgot on what channel. But at least they talked more metal that these dicks.

oh and i agree with you Dolly Danger, trunk is a pretentious douche.

• TheAceofSpadez

April 11, 2012 at 3:49 pm

I love TMS!

• Unstoppable_Iron_Fist

April 16, 2012 at 7:45 pm

theres a pretty clear shot of James right before the second commercial break on the T&N episode with George Lynch and co. Right as Brian Tischy begins to play the drums

• Unstoppable_Iron_Fist

April 16, 2012 at 7:50 pm

and when they show “Jimi Hendrix”

• XJimboSliceX

April 21, 2012 at 2:51 am

You should have given them a number for the AC/DC question. When I read the question I was like “Damn, it’s AC/DC so there are probably DOZENS of songs with ‘balls’ in the title.” But I could only think of two off the top of my head (Big Balls and Got You by the Balls), I had look up the third one (She’s Got Balls)

• Evechkin

April 27, 2012 at 12:49 am

If you look, you can see them better right as they introduce Hendrix, they’re facing the camera as well. Rock on guys

• GOBIAS777

June 3, 2012 at 2:51 pm

• ChillCherry

July 26, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Before the Iron Fist person pointed that out, I saw about four nerds in the crowd but I didn’t see the nerd. After Jim pointed out Jimi Hendrix, I had an easy time spotting James, who was sitting right in front of him.