AVGN Movie updates on Twitter

James / April 4th, 2012

I’ve been using Twitter more often. I’ve always been kind of a stranger to it. I don’t really understand it that much. I guess there isn’t much to understand, but it’s not something I ever focused on, since I put all my effort into the website and my productions. Lately, with the AVGN movie in production, “tweeting” is the only way I can give daily updates. I hope you’ve been enjoying it. I’ve even been posting some pics.

Of course I’m trying not to spoil anything about the movie, but at least I can keep everyone informed on the process and how far we are along. There’s 27 days planned of shooting. Every day is tons of money spent! (That’s what they always say in the business, and now I believe it.) So we’ve crammed as many shots into our schedule as possible, making full use of our time. Most days are 12 hours each, if you’re curious. There are some days off scattered throughout, which we use to prep for the following days. If everything goes as planned, we’ll be done the West Coast filming by May 5th. After that, I head back to the East Coast and finish up what I have to shoot there. If we can start editing in July, that would be awesome.

Anyway, the whole point: Follow me on Twitter. (although I can’t write this much on there.)

Comments

• Bussani

April 4, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Busy, busy, busy. I hope you and everyone involved are at least having fun with it. I know people who like having the finished result a lot more than they like actually doing the work, but it’s so much better if it’s the sort of work you can enjoy. Good luck to all of you!

• Drain Blut

April 4, 2012 at 8:05 pm

Great work James. This stuff is going to be awesome. Your cheaply made low budget movie will, for me anyway, be 100x more interesting than the usual 100-200 million dollar budget pieces of shit Hollywood spews out regularly. Now this is a Dvd right here I’ll actually want to buy. I don’t want their Transformers or Twilight garbage, I want this. With as little as 200 grand you will have beat out most people that waste MILLIONS. Like Jack and Jill, that utter sack of shit featuring Adam Sandler in a wig cracking fart jokes, took 80 million dollars to make! It’s fucking garbage! 80 million dollars for that shit! No joke! I’m not making that up. He must have saw Norbit, liked it, and went, “Hey, I could do that too and get a quick buck.”

But you probably have more fans than most Hollywood stuff. If they asked for money to make the next Twilight movie… even their own moronic <75 IQ fans would be like, "Fuck that."

• April 4, 2012 at 8:24 pm

James can you please link your twitter to your Facebook page so us Facebook users can see your tweets? I don’t go on twitter that often and it would be nice to see your tweets. The SA crew does this and it’s a nice feature. Good Luck on the movie!

• danny

April 4, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Zombie Bear McCreary. Awesome.

• April 4, 2012 at 9:29 pm

I don’t use Twitter anymore myself when I found out they were trying to get into countries where free speech was not allowed only to make more money, not to change the rules in those countries. Felt hypocritical to me to see Twitter, a company supposedly dedicated to free speech basically saying screw that let’s make money. Honestly though, James, you can do all you’re doing on Facebook or Google + if that’s your thing. You could still do it here too, and if you don’t got the time I’m sure you could get someone, maybe Mike, to help keep that stuff going.

• Lodmot

April 4, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Thank you for letting us know. ^^ I’m gonna be checking there like every day now… XDDDD

• EliteDeath

April 4, 2012 at 10:11 pm

I was surprised to see those pictures of zombies. Wasn’t expecting that at all. I guess you weren’t kidding when you said it’d either be exactly what people were expecting, or totally different.

• svengoolie

April 4, 2012 at 10:11 pm

I really wish I was out there with you shooting this thing. Nobody ever responded to the emails with resumes I sent. It sucks. I am a film school graduate and working on the AVGN movie… even for free… would be living the dream for me. Instead I’m stuck working away my days in an office, getting fat.

• Branden798

April 4, 2012 at 10:56 pm

• jdshald

April 4, 2012 at 11:32 pm

i second the notion of having James Twitter set up to also post on facebook. Mike maybe you can log into james twitter account and set that up for him if hes busy. thatd be cool!

• chezzedup

April 4, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Are those zombies holding copies of ET for Atari?!?!?!? :D

• Geeks_Only

April 5, 2012 at 12:12 am

Hope you’re having major fun! So happy for you that you’re fulfilling your dream! :D

Next time you should shoot your movie in Canada much more indie friendly and I have two glorious words for you: TAX CREDITS! you can almost fun 30% of your budget through tax credits :)

• eldorito

April 5, 2012 at 1:05 am

Will you be releasing this on iTunes and Amazon Video?

• April 5, 2012 at 7:00 am

I’ve been thoroughly enjoying the twitter updates. Not only does it keep us informed of what’s going on in the movie but also gives a glimpse of what its like behind the scenes of movies in general. Really fun!

• Redeemer

April 5, 2012 at 7:51 am

That’s cool, too bad I refuse to jump on the social networking bandwagon. Btw what happened with the other comment box? Livefire I think its called.

• Anemptybox

April 5, 2012 at 9:46 am

Not sure where to ask this, but when can I expect my signed AVGN photograph to show up? Just throwing it out there. Good luck with movie, James!

• TheOneRing

April 5, 2012 at 12:49 pm

I gotta get a twitter account so I can keep up with everything

• April 6, 2012 at 7:41 am

Kick shit! Thanks for the update man, was thinking about ya on 4/1 and how the first day went. Keep on truckin’, hope to have you home to the EC when planned :)

• April 6, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Why do you have to wait so long to start editing…Why cant you just edit after each time you film?

• Khameleon

April 7, 2012 at 10:18 pm

Drain Blut, it’s ironic that you call Twilight fans moronic after you just spent a paragraph talking about how this movie is going to be awesome and the regular tired “hollywood sucks, this is better” shit…even though you not only haven’t actually seen this movie, anything about it, and it’s been filming for a week….

You sheeple are just as moronic as Twilight fans, sorry bro.

• Redeemer

April 7, 2012 at 10:46 pm

In response to J.P.H – Movies tend to be shot out of order, you can’t edit a movie when you don’t yet have all the footage you need to build scenes properly.

• April 8, 2012 at 8:18 am

A car chase? I really think this movie is gonna be full of surprises. :D

• Scarecro29

April 8, 2012 at 9:35 pm

I am counting the days till this masterpiece comes out:):)

• Howitzer

April 9, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Looks awesome James. Go Go Go!

• emsollas

April 10, 2012 at 4:06 am

I hope you like twitter, I was adamant about not getting one until one day a close friend turned me to it, I mostly use it for world news and some important people, I’m following you now I know you have one and use it! But I’ve actually been following you since the Sequels video, that shit was so funny, It’s great you’re making your movie now! That’s awesome! Please for FUCKCOCK’s sake keep the swearing, make it vulgar and irrational! You should follow me on twitter, same username! Fuck 150 character limits.

• Dexter

April 11, 2012 at 2:41 am

Hi James and crew, glad to hear the updates.

I recently found youtube videos of AVGN with Japanese subtitles.

Curious, I dug deeper and found there is a vast collection of nerd videos on niconico.

You need to register to see them, you don’t need to know Japanese to do so, but the live comments feature is great. It’s like crowdsourced MST3K

I know some Japanese script so I can pick out some of what is being said, but they love you over there. Your SMB3 videos has over 100k views and Plumbers Don’t Wear Ties is also a hit. A few of your student films have also been translated into Japanese.

I’ve been rewatching your videos with the text-scrolling commentary on, it’s a blast picking out the reactions or watching then sing-along with the theme. They seem to enjoy seeing games they didn’t think Americans played being featured or your commentary on various things like the history behind a movie franchise, or the oddly numbered FF games.

You probably know about the niconico video hosting translated videos, but I am truly amazed that uou’re now also a cultural ambassador! Go Nerd!

• Johnson