OverAnalyzers #13: Pee Wee & Puppetland

Mike / March 28th, 2012

Watch at Cinevore.com.

How did Pee Wee get all that sentient furniture?
Also… no seriously, it’s too weird. What’s up with all the talking furniture?

Comments

• OgreVideoGamenerd

March 28, 2012 at 9:52 pm

mike dont do the voice if u cant say something ironic an funny

• Spidernigger

March 29, 2012 at 12:59 pm

this sucks….dont get me wrong i am a fan of the AVGN and everything that you make,,,,but i didnt like this

• BrandonCohen

March 29, 2012 at 1:50 pm

im not a huge fan of these to tell you the truth

• RebeccaKohl

March 29, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Did anyone else notice how poorly this episode was put together? I’m not talking about the content, but you could tell that Lee’s voice was recorded separately because of the difference in volume. Also, sometimes when they were talking, they were abruptly cut off.
    What happened to the quality? :/

• kentowen

March 29, 2012 at 7:59 pm

The personality of Mike and James shines over the other 3, and it doesn’t feel like unity.  In my opinion, this is to par with things like “most unlikely VS. battles” and videos where James and Mike are just doing TV show quizes.  I think it would be better to have 3 people who have good chemistry together rather than a group of 5 where 2 work together well and the other 3 barley get their feet wet.  I see them try to step in, but it just gets taken from them from the 2 guys with the stronger creative personality

• Cheerio

March 29, 2012 at 11:38 pm

She needs to ……..

• Lanlost

March 30, 2012 at 2:38 am

What happened with the editing in this episode? It’s the only Cinemassacre thing I’ve ever seen with periods of atrocious editing.

• Mikey Venture

August 21, 2012 at 7:06 pm

So I guess I’m the only person who enjoys these ? I’ve heard of positive criticism, but you kids are just being boo-hoo crybaby bitches.

• Paulmeister

June 8, 2014 at 10:39 pm

I find them mildly entertaining, especially when Mike takes on the persona of Pee Wee at the end and everyone gets a disturbed look. I agree that James and Mike dominate the conversations and that the other members are really not strong enough in personality or creativity to be effective and they drag down what the show is trying to do in terms of ‘over analyzing’. I didn’t see a real problem with the editing for what these episodes are. I think a lot of the commenters here are over-critical and need to try and put a similar show together to see just how difficult it can be to make a show that’s entertaining to just watch people talk about ideas.

• Echidneys

January 22, 2013 at 3:08 am

Man, nobody liked this? I thought the part where Mike did his Peewee impression was golden.

• penpan

August 10, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Oh James, you guys so funny :P And if you watch Pee Wee’s Playhouse as an adult, you get so much more out of the jokes even. Even if it held your interest as a little kid with all the silliness.

4:33: hey the postal lady knows how to get to Puppetland! I wanna know how to get there! Talk about going postal….

• Carson Shover

August 14, 2013 at 7:44 pm

Not the best series, but I enjoy it. It’s thought provoking. The ending and editing of this one sucked, but I enjoy the series as a whole. It’s not as bad as some people are saying.

• October 3, 2013 at 10:06 pm

No,Pee-wee’s toilet is called Crappy.

• December 31, 2013 at 11:51 pm

What a strange episode. Mike dominates the entire conversation. Not sure if that was intended or not…

• January 20, 2014 at 7:43 pm

I know this is old, but lawrence fishburn cowboy curtis! And I just wanted to comment on the walls. My basement had that exact same wood paneling on the walls. So did all of the 80s and early 90s basements where kids would play and store all of their games and video games. Such a nostalgic thing, “the basement”. Nostalgic walls.