SOPA/PIPA Protest

James / January 18th, 2012

Wow! Big protest day on the internet. Today, many sites “blacked out” in protest against SOPA and PIPA. Many are wondering why I didn’t join in. Well, I didn’t know that this was happening until this morning. Anyone who has seen the video I posted earlier should realize that I just traveled all the way across the country on a 5 day road trip. I just began settling into my apartment. I haven’t unpacked my stuff yet. I’m lucky to even have internet access at the moment. So I’ve been out of the loop.

For something like this, it’s important I write this myself, in my own words, since this site is generally my own voice. That’s why it took some time, for me to have a chance to sit down personally and make this post. (I’ve been out all day location scouting.) Still everybody else at Cinemassacre is against SOPA, PIPA, and any bills that threaten the nature of the internet. I can speak personally, the internet has changed my life. It gave me a job, a fanbase, I even met my wife on the internet! Something that so many peoples’ livelihoods depends on should NOT be put in the hands of filthy rich media corporations for them to control.

ScrewAttack wanted me to mention that they will not be covering the E3 game expo this year. (Neither will I.) Go to their page here for more details. Basically the ESA which largely represents the game industry supports SOPA/PIPA. Unless they withdraw their support, many game reviewers/bloggers will be boycotting covering E3. In general, the media industry has a lot to owe to the internet for publicity. Why would they cripple that?

Of course, we do NOT support piracy. But copyright holders already have the ability to remove infringing material from the internet. It’s called the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and as far as I know it’s been working fine as it is. SOPA/PIPA go way more extreme and are broadly worded.

Lastly, I wanted to applaud everyone on the internet for speaking out today. It’s one hell of a mess, and I prefer to stay out of politics. Those who have already spoken have done a better job than I ever could. Great work. Your voices are being heard. The internet belongs to the people.

Here’s the petition on Google, but I’m sure you’ve seen that by now.

Comments

• nickRpoling

January 18, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Thanks James. I’m glad to hear you won’t be going to E3. The SOPA and PIPA acts are very dangerous to the internet, our freedom, and to people like you and me who use the internet every day as part of our careers/hobbies/personal lives. I hope you continue to speak out against these acts, as they could destroy everything we love about the free and open internet. If SOPA and PIPA are passed… There will be no Cinemassacre. No Angry Video Game Nerd. This site will be taken down and you will probably be sued into oblivion. Not the cool, Elder Scrolls oblivion either. Like, broke and homeless oblivion.Way less cool.

• PatrickMD

January 18, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Understandable. A cross country drive isn’t as simple as a walk down to the corner gas station. Good luck with getting fully set up out in Cali.

• AndyGarner

January 18, 2012 at 11:04 pm

jlkjfskf

• AndyGarner

January 18, 2012 at 11:09 pm

I’m surprised no one mentioned it to you but you are a busy guy with the movie and all… You don’t need to worry about it, the internet has you covered…

Just make sure you give your wife attention and not ignore her…

In your travel video, I didn’t realize you lived close to me… I knew you were in PA at some point and was born in NJ…

• box0car

January 18, 2012 at 11:17 pm

“if you’re not turned on to politics, politics will turn on you.”

And they are about to turn on you big time.

• Doogrisa

January 18, 2012 at 11:30 pm

I signed the petition. Thats the least thing i could do considering how long you and Mike have kept us entertained for so many years.

• Inspector Butters

January 18, 2012 at 11:37 pm

Petition is signed! And I also used some of the resources you posted earlier and wrote both of my senators and my local congressional representative.

Thanks for posting this James. I agree with you on staying out of politics (as I’m sure you’re aware, your fans’ political views probably cover a wide spectrum) but I’m glad you made an exception on this one.

• RoySnyder

January 18, 2012 at 11:39 pm

One thing that is another reason to attack this, Say james realeas his movie, and SOPA or PIPA passed, some media company who cant controll this but sees some game footage, since this is such a big thing they can say hey this guys using game footage not allowed by atari or nintendo or sega etc. and BAM James not only lost his website, his job, and much more.

James also does his monster madness and movie reviews. Well using the footage is allowed but a corporate guy might not like it and BAM this is all something we should consider.

Protect not only selfs but the ones you love. Hell screwattack could be shut down because of using game footage for there top 10s and videogame vault.

• Leek

January 19, 2012 at 1:30 am

@RoySnyder Not only would he lose those things, it’d be an instant felony charge for him, stupidly enough.

• DavidPackett

January 18, 2012 at 11:41 pm

Hey James I also met my wife on the internet. I’m hoping this doesn’t pass. I agree piracy is wrong, but mandating what we can and can’t view seems to infringe on some of our rights. I mean who are we the Chinese?

• Devil_Rising

January 18, 2012 at 11:45 pm

As a writer and creator myself, I absolutely wouldn’t want intellectual properties of mine be copied or distributed for free without my permission. So I agree with fighting piracy. But you can only take it so far. The way these bills are worded, gets pretty ridiculous. You never know that they would do THE MOST these bills would allow them to do. But then again, you can’t just trust that they WOULDN’T either. I’ve been doing all I can, spreading the word, signing peititons, etc. Anyone who uses the internet on a regular basis, and doesn’t want to see it change for the worse….you need to care about this, and you need to join others in acting to fight it.

• TheLHP

January 18, 2012 at 11:58 pm

Long live the internet, and long live Cinemassacre!

• TerrifyerX07

January 18, 2012 at 11:59 pm

thanks for writing this man, you have a lot of viewers and the fact that you’re bringing the issue to light will influence many people to join the fight i’m sure. You know what’s bullshit? internet censorship ;)

• DawneMonigle

January 18, 2012 at 11:59 pm

Why the fucking hell did they have to pick my birthday to do it on?? I must admit, I was sort of hurt.

• AquaLeaf

January 24, 2012 at 12:57 am

@DawneMonigle look at this way at least they chose to oppose bills that would destroy stuff you love on your birthday feel honored i guess i would

• radiopools

January 19, 2012 at 12:13 am

Thanks for commenting James, it’s good to hear you’re at least aware of everything that went on today. The ScrewAttack guys have the right idea imo.

• thrashaholic

January 19, 2012 at 12:22 am

i hope you make it to E3 james. i am attending this year and was looking forward to the possibility of seeing you walking around as well

• TwistedSpeech

January 19, 2012 at 12:29 am

Don’t blame you or anyone for boycotting E3, James. I know you don’t like getting involved in politics, but when it’s something that will affect your livelihood then you have to step in an assist in destroying whatever may cost you money out of your own pocket. Let’s keep pushing for a better tomorrow. Never give up on your personal liberties, James. : )

• nowhere4321

January 19, 2012 at 12:39 am

You know what’s BULLSHIT?

SOPA & PIPA

• tomashresc

January 19, 2012 at 12:59 am

@nowhere4321 That would be the greatest YKWBS ever, however James is very tired and has so many responsibilities over the movie that I doubt that this would happen.

• Drakekesda

January 19, 2012 at 1:01 am

Fuck. Yes.

• January 19, 2012 at 1:04 am

What pisses me off is lots of websites–Cinemassacre not being one of them–will proudly and snarkily espouse big government, anti-freedom ideology and try to pass it off as ‘intelligent’ and the opposition as ‘idiot redneck hicks’; not giving a shit about the ridiculous laws that get passed all the time by our federal government, but now, for this one time, they all care.

You know what else actually DID get passed by the feds just a few weeks ago? The NDAA (or this year’s version of it, whatever). What I’ve heard from many people is that this gives the federal government the right to detain any American citizen for any length of time with no evidence of anything or anything beyond mere suspicion and no obligation to provide them a lawyer. Now you might realize by reading that that this is pretty much SOPA/PIPA times ten. This is a violation of our rights far, far worse than what everyone’s making a fuss about.

Now I don’t know for sure if this is exactly–or remotely–what the law does; I myself am not able to understand or interpret bullshit legalize. But why aren’t people talking about it?

• Leek

January 19, 2012 at 1:28 am

@Davoo You don’t actually have to be an American citizen, either. You merely have to be in the U.S. at the time they detain you.

• January 19, 2012 at 3:29 am

@Leek Yeah! I’m thankful that some people agree with me! Any other website I go to, everybody’s an absolute dipshit (meaning: everyone who ISN’T one is scared off by those who are) but maybe Cinemassacre’s community is different.

• OlaviPössi

January 19, 2012 at 1:05 am

i’m loving the blackout stuff & all, but the shittiest thing happened to me. I had to make a school essay, but guess what . Wikipedia had joined the blackout group!

• Olivania

January 19, 2012 at 5:21 am

You should see this as your lucky day. It gave you the chance to do some real research in a library. ;-) The Internet, Wikipedia etc might be convenient, but it’s also important do be able to do stuff without them.

• Mako

January 19, 2012 at 1:33 am

Don’t worry James. We know where you stand on this issue. I think it was a pretty successful day for the internet! We’ll see where this goes though.

• Thrashing Deth

January 19, 2012 at 2:13 am

Many reasons why this bill should not be placed. First of all the internet makes life so much easier like say you wanna do research, it makes things a whole lot easier. I enjoy watching Let’s plays for gaming and usually I look around to see game reviews or book reviews or music reviews and such but you can’t now if that bill is out because it will censor everything, besides that, that means no more entertainment like AVGN or YKWBS or Board James and many others! Piracy is bad sure but like you said, that’s been taken care of. It was fine as it is why fuck it up even more? But hey that’s American Congress for you, you have morons running the country and it’s no wonder why we’re in such bad shape. Hell a brain dead monkey could do better job, and You know whats bull shit!?! Congress! Why even bother take the time on writing a bill to further cripple the internet! When instead they should go out there, work there ass off, and worry more about the economy! That’s Bull Shit number 1!

• THB306

January 19, 2012 at 9:20 pm

@Thrashing Deth Munkey Cheez should run for president. He’s a million times better than a brain dead monkey!

• HeXiGON

January 19, 2012 at 2:20 am

Even though this is an american protest, I still joined in by placing a black banner over my site’s logo to show my support. I can’t black it out though.

I know where you stand James, many internet users were raging about the fact sites were blackout it at least gives them a taste of what SOPA can really do to the internet.

• RhyanChapman

January 19, 2012 at 3:22 am

Whats the point of even starting SOPA its so dumb

• OfficialJab

January 19, 2012 at 3:50 am

@RhyanChapman

Attacking piracy is the right thing for the government to be doing, but this is the absolutely wrong way to go about it. The bill wouldn’t be so bad if their were provisions strictly narrowing down their definitions of deviant websites, but right now sites like this and OCRemix (my biggest fear of this movement) are headed for obliteration.

Without a doubt, media pirating is murdering the economy. Half of ‘consumers’ don’t buy movies they want to see, music they want to hear, or games they want to play because they can acquire them effortlessly for free. It’s causing corporations to cut jobs to stay afloat, then less people have money, so less people buy things, so they cut more jobs. A bill similar to this needs to come through, but they need to tread more carefully.

• TrunksXV

January 19, 2012 at 4:28 pm

@RhyanChapman Go look up New World Order, One World Government and How the elites want to run every aspect of our lives, without our approval or consent.

For example look up: false flag attack.

• Ryo

January 19, 2012 at 5:25 am

That was great! I also heared about it just today but personally I will remember this day as a win for the freedom of all creative and internet interested people! Like James said: There are already enough rules against internet piracy. Anyway, we all know, that the original reason of SOPA, which is published by the goverment, is not the true reason for it. It is only a new weapon of few mighty people to watch and controlling our footsteps, covered behind a real looking reason. If anyone would notice which strength all the people in the world have, against a few imperative people, they would do much more, even in the real life against endangering freedom. We are the folks which do working hard, which build up the world, which have to face all the real trouble in the world, the financial problems, the comercial disaster. We are the voter of our representants of the goverment, but they create more laws to support their own influence.

Here comes a quote, which I would remember:

“If we restrict liberty to attain security we will lose them both.” – Benjamin Franklin

Amen…

• Lajike

January 19, 2012 at 6:33 am

@Ryo man I’m proud I live in canada but still all the internet gonna be fucked up afterward if it happen anyway I would’nt care if it was a poor country coming out with but the united state is where most of the internet is

• January 19, 2012 at 4:38 pm

@Lajike@Ryo I live in Italy, and if this bill pass, it would be the end of Internet. And that SUCKS a LOT! I have an account on Youtube, Deviantart, Facebook and other site like that, and I don’t want to lose all of it for a law that is done by sick people to gain money!

I’ve discovered that the society that supports SOPA are the same that, some years ago developed software and sites to download copirighted material. Pretty sneaky uh?

• dan h

January 19, 2012 at 6:20 am

Mike could have called you and informed you of the blackout but no he’s too busy watching shitty movies… lol

• Lajike

January 19, 2012 at 6:30 am

@dan h I think he’s busy with games too remember that he has an amazing game collection to play with

• DonSkiver

January 19, 2012 at 7:21 am

Let’s just hope that Obama has heard the voice of the people and will exercise his power of veto if this farce of a bill actually makes it through both the house and senate. I’m not normally a superstitious person, but I’m crossing my fingers…

• SeanAshmead

January 19, 2012 at 4:10 pm

@DonSkiver He said he will.

• TrunksXV

January 19, 2012 at 4:24 pm

@SeanAshmead@DonSkiver The thing is Obama wants this legislation, just like his healthcare program.

I don’t know if any of you have put any thought or research into whom are leaders actually associate with prior to running for office, but I’ve discovered that the people who are writing this kind of legislation are doing so not on the basis of protecting the people of the United States, but upon the wishes of the secret societies they are apart of.

If you go and research whom the Bushes, Reagan, Clintons, and even Obama have associated with underneath the table, it will become pretty clear to anyone who does this kind of research that they aren’t really representing our values or our ideals. Because the values and ideals of these secret societies are exactly opposite of what the Church stands for and what the vast majority of the public collectively believes in.

If your a member of a society like Bohemian Grove, Skull & Bones or the Bilderbergs, and if your passing yourself off to be a Christian, when these socieites are anti-christian, it basically says to any researcher that most of these guys who are signing our rights away are not looking out for us, in any way shape of form.

All of this stuff is available to research on ones own time, or behalf, but to be honest the kind of lies we are fed by the television has put most of us into a trance that most people refuse to wake up from, unless their given some concrete proof.

Do the research! Go look up Bohemian Grove, Skull and Bones, Bilderbergs ect. its all there, just look it up!

• January 19, 2012 at 7:33 am

I hope someone pays attention to the boycotts and protests and petitions. If SOPA and PIPA get passed then we lose sites like this. In fact, we lose Youtube, Facebook, Google, EbaumsWorld, The Escapist, every forum you’ve ever seen and basically anything else that makes the internet what it is. With how broad this bill is, it doesn’t just kill pirates, it takes down anyone with any mention of copyrighted material including people who do game reviews. Anyone with an avatar icon taken from a game or movie or cartoon would have their account deleted. Any search engine even providing links to offending sites would be fined. If this passes, the internet is done. Period.

• TrunksXV

January 19, 2012 at 3:22 pm

@Knuckles316 I agree man. And unless the masses start waking up to what is really going on behind closed doors, this country will not survive. Any regular person out there, be it a layman or a constitutional scholar are now having a hard time rationalizing that we are still a free people, with all the legislation like PIPA, SOPA, and NDAA being passed without an uprising.

So far this is bloodless. The question I’d like to ask everyone on this site is, how long will it remain that way? I would never advocate violence, but that was what was required of the country during the revolutionary war. It was never going to be possible to break away from the English Crown unless the people took up arms. After looking into history from a conspiratorial viewpoint, it becomes clear to most that force maybe necessary to take back the power that the constitution gives to the people, and its sad to say that most people would rather watch reality tv and other trash than reading Shakespeare, and studying how the greek philosophers influenced our founding documents.

Its interesting to speak about, but what many don’t know is that there is information about our leaders which isn’t discussed in the mainstream expect on the internet. Go research Bohemian Grove for example, and you’ll see what I mean

• Axiney

January 19, 2012 at 7:40 am

Кто пустил этих долбоёбов в конгресс?

Это же клинический случай, в изолятор!!

Besides SOPA sound like Russian ЖОПА which means ass. PIPA = пипа = dick.

Such a strange coincidence.

• Axiney

January 19, 2012 at 7:42 am

Как же я вам не завидую, кто пустил этих долбоёбов в конгресс?

• LukasSprehn

January 19, 2012 at 8:37 am

Thanks James! We love you and support what you do :D Burn censorship bills with hellish fire!

And hooray for you being in L.A. and location scouting :) I have an idea by the way: Why not use a few short pieces of footage of the actual New Mexican desert? Just like a wide-on or something like that?

• DavidBrennan

January 19, 2012 at 10:21 am

I appreciate that you steer clear of politics (I think we live in a hyper-politicized culture as it is, and most of this pop politics stuff is so bogus and idiotic that I can’t tune out anything with it). But since great people were actually able to do something actionable against SOPA and PIPA, this is one instance where I think being political is worth it!

So God bless you for standing up to this evil, and thanks for all your awesome work. Can’t wait for the AVGN movie!

• CruiseshipzStudios

January 19, 2012 at 10:22 am

Thanks a lot for the update, James. To tell you the truth, I don’t pay any attention to politics, and I never will. No matter what kind of things that’ll put us in the way, we’ll always support you and your futures. The internet also changed my life, and the reason why is that because I wanted to be inspired by you, and everyone who also made their great videos that kept me eyeing with interest. No matter what happens to you, and your site, Cinemassacre, which I believe, will always live with your great honor.

• Jargas

January 19, 2012 at 1:18 pm

@CruiseshipzStudios Well you should pay a little bit of attention. Its when no one is paying attention stuff like this gets passed with little resistance. Wouldn’t be much to support were it to pass. Not into politics either but gotta watch for crap like this once in a while

• TrunksXV

January 19, 2012 at 3:11 pm

@Jargas@CruiseshipzStudios Yeah you should because frankly if you don’t care about whose writing your laws, you may one day wake up loosing your ability to get a lawyer or having to consent to having your home or your own person searched without your consent. They could legalize the police to come into your house and put you in handcuffs without cause. What’s really surprising is that on paper that provision already exists. Although it hasn’t been enforced.

• CruiseshipzStudios

January 19, 2012 at 10:34 pm

@TrunksXV@Jargas You guys are right about that, but even though I’m not interested into all that kind of stuff, perhaps it could be important if I check it out every once in a while. I use to learn about government and economics since high school, so I’ll be aware on that. I do apologize on what I said.

• TrunksXV

January 19, 2012 at 11:01 pm

@CruiseshipzStudios Well Good. The thing is if they shut down your favorite websites on a whim, than were not really a free society, The founding fathers wanted the citizens to participate and be informed about what was going on, if the people don’t know what’s going on, we could easily vote for a dictatorship. And I believe were living under one now.

• killer7_tom

January 19, 2012 at 12:35 pm

I joined wikipedia’s protest via twitter, that’s all I could do. I’m glad we won the first battle but the war is not over yet.

• Vader999

January 19, 2012 at 12:52 pm

I heard from AngryJoe that SOPA got screwed over for a bit in Congress. So there’s a small victory.

• Daveyboy

January 19, 2012 at 3:08 pm

So I live here in LA, any appearances or places you’re going to be able to meet you? I would love to meet you. I’m a big fan.

• Hotrootsoup

January 19, 2012 at 6:46 pm

@Daveyboy I’m wondering the same. I’m in Los Angeles, and I would love to meet James. Hopefully some kind of public DVD signing / game signing thing can happen.

• Lajike

January 19, 2012 at 4:22 pm

I imagine avgn if it pass : So today I am going to review biiiiiiiiiiiip

• TrevorBall

January 19, 2012 at 4:32 pm

I posted a video on my YouTube channel,]. I do not want the internet to go down like this and I will not stand for it!

• VictorFreitasRocha

January 19, 2012 at 6:23 pm

megaupload is down :(

It started

• RhyanChapman

January 19, 2012 at 6:31 pm

@VictorFreitasRocha What do you mean?

• VictorFreitasRocha

January 19, 2012 at 6:35 pm

@RhyanChapman They close MegaUpload, which is based in Hong Kong whitout SOPA or PIPA

There’s no point protesting SOPA. The USA is a rogue government and will do what they want regardless of a bill passing. The time to protest SOPA and PIPA is over, the time to protest the USA Government itself has begun.

• Eniliad

January 19, 2012 at 6:46 pm

@VictorFreitasRocha@RhyanChapman The shutdown of Megaupload was an international effort.

• igivenup

January 19, 2012 at 10:24 pm

@Eniliad@VictorFreitasRocha@RhyanChapman The fact that it was shut down is horrible. People did host perfectly legal and fine content on that site. Now they are just going to destroy every file sharing website?

• Branden798

January 19, 2012 at 6:29 pm

I got one senator from california to sign the petition :)

• christburner

January 19, 2012 at 6:48 pm

as an active (independent) writer/producer/performer of music…can some one please explain to me why sharing art (no matter what form it comes in) freely is a bad idea? cause honestly i just dont understand. before you start your argument, you can leave all that ” it hurts the artist financially” garbage at the door.

art is free. CREATE SHARE ENJOY SMASH ANTI PIRACY

January 19, 2012 at 7:09 pm

@christburner Questioning the opposing point of view is equally valid – why is making money from art so taboo? If you produce music then you must know that it costs money to do so.

• THB306

January 19, 2012 at 8:06 pm

@kaneda_bjf Actually, I make music myself, and it only costs me my time. I often use video games to make my music, which yes the video games cost money, but what am I gonna do? The video game just cost me $8 on XBLA… So… I’ll just charge my first eight fans that download my album $1 and make it free from there on? I’m not interested in making a profit, and making a profit is not the intent of art. Profit is the intent of BUSINESS, and art cannot be business. Expression cannot be business.

January 19, 2012 at 8:30 pm

@THB306 Just because you believe that, that doesn’t mean everyone has to. The argument that art isn’t business just strikes me as your opinion, not fact. Plenty of people make money from their art, and they’re completely free to do so.

January 19, 2012 at 8:30 pm

• THB306

January 19, 2012 at 8:58 pm

@kaneda_bjf I suppose so… but where is the line drawn from making a living off your art and being a total dick about who gets paid? The reason it’s so taboo to make money from art is because putting money into the equation always leads to the artist making crap for the money, and no longer for the art… Kurt Cobain realized he was going down that path of commercialism and killed himself over it! I’m not saying that was the smart choice, but it’s a thin line between expressionism and commercialism…

January 19, 2012 at 10:05 pm

@THB306 I question whether or not that’s why Kurt Cobain killed himself – I think manic depression probably played a bigger role, but I suppose that’s up for debate. And if people are making crap as a result of the commoditisation of art, then do you blame them? Or, do you blame the people buying it? I don’t see any problem with a person, or persons making a living off their art. They put in the work, they’ve earned the right to get something in return that aids them in the creation of future art. I agree that the commercialism of art has its drawbacks, but without it artists may not receive the recognition they deserve.

• igivenup

January 19, 2012 at 10:23 pm

@kaneda_bjf@THB306 Ive talked to plenty of artists who have said they do not care about their music being pirated. They simply said it can increase their fanbase by recomendations, reviews, and if they like it enough, buying it.

• THB306

January 19, 2012 at 11:30 pm

@igivenup@kaneda_bjf Basically… I think that the fans should be allowed to listen, watch, or view as they wish, and donate to keep the artists going. The AVGN movie is a prime example! It’s funded almost entirely by fan donations. I cant really speak for James, but I can bet he wont care to let us see it free online when the movie’s finished, and allow us to buy a physical copy if we so please.

January 19, 2012 at 11:46 pm

@THB306@igivenup That’s a different matter entirely, it’s a publicly funded film. Privately funded films, those that are financed by investors, are made with purely profit driven motives. And if they want you to pay upfront for it, so be it. If you bought a house and wanted to sell it – would you be happy to let people live in it for six months and then buy it IF they liked it?

January 19, 2012 at 7:04 pm

I’ll kick this off by saying I don’t support the bill. However, I understand it. Piracy on the internet has become so rampant that media companies have just gotten fed up – and that’s fair enough. Their intellectual property is being handed around like it’s public domain. So basically, if you’ve ever endorsed sites like ThePirateBay by downloading stuff from there – you only have yourself to blame. Companies that should lawfully be generating revenue from sales of their product are now at their wits end, and SOPA and PIPA are the fallout from that. Also, claiming that sites such as this, or other game review sites will be shut down is ridiculous. Game developers depend on these sites to spread word of mouth about their product. There’s no way they’d shut them down. Besides the fact, in the case of James’ work – I don’t think any company would really be terribly fussed about someone reviewing games that are, in a lot of cases, decades old. There’s way too much fear-mongering going on with this whole thing, and I’m willing to bet that most of it is being generated by those who stand to lose the most. Now you can feel free to call me stupid and ignorant and whatever – I don’t really care. This is a comments section, that’s my comment and you don’t have to agree. But I can make one point that I know to be true – if I started a channel on Youtube reviewing old games, and I used James’ own theme song in the background, you’d be all over me for ripping off his song.

• WestBuiltAMountain

January 19, 2012 at 7:12 pm

@kaneda_bjf Me thinks you don’t understand the bill one bit.

• brettfilms

January 19, 2012 at 7:25 pm

@WestBuiltAMountain@kaneda_bjf I think he’s one of the few thinking for himself. People who think that this SOPA crap would tear apart the internet and shut all these sites down and everyone would be arrested are just being led along by propagandists. I don’t know where it started, but it’s likely from the same people who started the Occupy bullshit. They have the power to make the masses all scared about shit that’s never going to happen. As James says, the bill is broadly worded. It had to be that way in order to cover all forms of piracy. It wasn’t written to shut down AVGN or keep people from linking to other sites. Nothing like that at all. You’ve just been lied to. That’s all it is.

• veronicathegr8

January 19, 2012 at 7:37 pm

@brettfilms@WestBuiltAMountain@kaneda_bjf Nobody thinks SOPA would shut down AVGN – you obviously don’t understand the concept of precedents. Allowing the internet to be censored in this manner sets a terrible precedent.

January 19, 2012 at 7:43 pm

@veronicathegr8@brettfilms@WestBuiltAMountain I read several comments just in this section that allude to the fear AVGN will be shut down – let alone in the former SOPA thread, where are there are many more comments to that effect. It just seems like there’s a lot of gun-jumping going on about things that are yet to even happen.

• CareyPalmer

January 19, 2012 at 11:27 pm

@veronicathegr8@brettfilms@WestBuiltAMountain@kaneda_bjf James specifically said that this would be the end of AVGN…this is a direct quote… ” Like I said, the language in the bill is very broad, but many say it means fair use will no longer exist on the internet. That would mean no more AVGN videos. Nothing.”…read it if your don’t believe me, here is the link.

• THB306

January 19, 2012 at 11:41 pm

Let’s face facts… NES games are copyrighted material… If SOPA and PIPA censor the unauthorized use of copyrighted material, then the only way AVGN could stay afloat is to make some kind of deal with Nintendo, Mattel, Coleco, Atari, Sega… all of them! They would more than likely demand money before such an agreement would be made… Unless the fanbase is loyal enough, Cinemassacre.com would be forced to shut done within a year or so…

January 19, 2012 at 11:58 pm

@THB306 Showing examples of material for the purposes of reviews would still fall under the fair use act – in my opinion anyway. As I said, you’re talking about games that are decades old (in most cases) and no longer even in print. The games aren’t being distributed, James doesn’t claim any ownership of the content and the games being reviewed are original copies that are, more often than not, shown in the context of the show. If anything, AVGN generates renewed interest in forgotten consoles and games. There’s always the chance (slim though it may be) that Nintendo will attempt to strike some kind of royalty deal with ScrewAttack, but even if that did happen, that’s their right. The show is making money on the back of Nintendo games. If it were truly being done out of passion for classic gaming (which I sincerely believe it is) then having to hand over a small percentage of revenue generated to the maker of the games shouldn’t be an issue. Again, the above is purely hypothetical.

• THB306

January 20, 2012 at 12:05 am

@kaneda_bjf Well, if SOPA/PIPA passes, I only hope that you are right about that. But I said oncee before, the federal government has a way of screwing things up… and their involvement might cause alot of senseless destruction… such as the closure of totally legit websites…

January 20, 2012 at 12:15 am

@THB306 I totally agree. The government here has done nothing but fuck up areas of commerce that they have no business involving themselves in. But the internet is powerful, and has many heavyweights in its ranks, so I’m confident if it gets too out of hand, the powerbrokers of the internet will take back control.

• igivenup

January 19, 2012 at 10:20 pm

@kaneda_bjf For starters the piracy online is a civil dispute. Its not a governmental issue and they should not even be interfering with it like they are now.

You seem to imply torrent sites only have piracy content. There is plenty of legit content on torrent sites.

January 19, 2012 at 11:43 pm

@igivenup PIRATEBay – that pretty much says it all. It wouldn’t matter if pirated content only made up for 0.0001% of their total torrents, it’s still there. And I agree that the government shouldn’t HAVE to interfere, but it may have been the last resort that’s now had to be undertaken. Again, allow me to reiterate that I don’t support the proposed legislation, and I think it’s WAY too open to interpretation. But I can understand this being a measure taken to curb piracy, and I can understand media companies’ argument that it’s costing them money.

• THB306

January 19, 2012 at 11:52 pm

In my experience, the federal government only makes problems worse… They add unnecessary laws that end up avoiding the real problem, and only harm the innocent populace. Meanwhile, we’re forced to suffer the frustration, politicians are left scratching their heads, honest people are lose their livelihood, and the pirates sit back laughing as they play the latest cracked computer game they just downloaded.

• Aaron CdeC

January 19, 2012 at 7:42 pm

There are better ways to prevent piracy and protect the copyright, rather than just censoring and opressing people like nort korea or china is doing. It’s as easy as talk and reach an agreement between both parts. If both parts doesn’t reach one, we call an intermediator to decide for them, without crossing any limits.

In this case, the gobernment did what he wanted without even asking first or talking. And that’s how the conflict started. SOPA, PIPA, NDAA (not copyright related, but also opressive), all those laws threat our liberty and opress the inocents. Those laws doesn’t protect the copyright laws, they just opress everyone, even the authors of content. It can’t be like this. It must be stopped before your fanbase decrease and your projects become lost because of those laws that makes no sense.

For freedom!

• THB306

January 19, 2012 at 7:57 pm

It’s like gun control… if you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have them.Pirates are going to commit piracy no matter what. They will find a way to get what they want. Regulations only hurt the people who DON’T commit piracy, because the pirates will very easily and very quickly figure a way around the law. Then the law only restricts the ones either too morally conscious to commit piracy, or too stupid to figure it out.

• Branden798

January 19, 2012 at 9:04 pm

@THB306 exactly hacker groups like Anonymous are going to hack government computers and steal passwords and accounts!

• igivenup

January 19, 2012 at 10:15 pm

@Branden798

Sorry but Anonymous doesn’t do that. They didn’t hack Sony and they sure wont be hacking the government. Anonymous hates SOPA. Anonymous is against the regulation and cencorship of content. They are about keeping human rights – not destroying them.

• igivenup

January 19, 2012 at 10:16 pm

@Branden798 Also the people that are pirating content now will still be pirating content afterwards. This bill isn’t about piracy anymore. Piracy is a sweet fruit from the internet that just about everyone enjoys or has enjoyed. But that is going to end sometime in the future. SOPA is not the answer to ending it. Ending piracy by complete cencorship of a media/entertainment outlet is wrong.

• Sega32x

January 19, 2012 at 9:11 pm

i agree about what they’re doing

• John2

January 19, 2012 at 10:29 pm

I think everybody knows piracy is a problem, but this bill is not how you fix it… Besides that, as James said, the DMCA has worked just fine (in fact they closed down megauploads today, which was a piracy haven).

It is just about companies getting greedy.

• igivenup

January 19, 2012 at 10:32 pm

@John2 MegaUpload didn’t DESERVE to get shut down. It got shut down for illegitimate reasons. The site did have pirated content – but it got removed ASAP. By the logic your using if youtube makes revenue from somebody that uploads an episode of the simpsons then youtube should also be shut down.

• igivenup

January 19, 2012 at 10:34 pm

@John2 You seem to forget that some sites HOST servers in which you download pirated content from them too. Any third party site outside megaupload. All that’s going to happen is somebody is going to upload illegal content to rapidshare. Its not going to end by shutting down a site with legitimate uses.

The shutdown of this website makes me support Anonymous more than ever now.

• NightStarX

January 20, 2012 at 5:27 am

@igivenup@John2 Then you’re just as much of a tool that has no idea what’s actually going on as Anonymous does. You think they’re some kind of altruistic saviors of the internet? They’re scummy, criminal e-terrorists who only like to destroy things and laugh at the mindless chaos they create. They’re childish douchebags and socially maladjusted losers who do nothing but make any given situation worse because it amuses them.

• igivenup

January 20, 2012 at 10:00 am

@NightStarX@John2 Actually I do. I followed through Anonymous since the begining. I supported them during Geohot being sued and still do.

• Jokerxero

January 20, 2012 at 5:35 am

@igivenup@John2

from what ive been reading on reddit it seems there is another side to the story. According to what I read Mega was shut down because they were paying people to illegally give them content and than made profit off of it. If that is true than yes they deserved to get shut down because that is just bluntant piracy. But if it was due to a SOPA like situation Oh they could host copy right content so lets bust them than no they didnt deserve what happened.

• Mister Buckethead

January 19, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Piracy is a problem but it doesn’t mean it should be abolished. Buying a movie or a cd is expensive : imagine spending 20$ and getting something terribly bad. How do you want this to encourage people buying ? On the other hand , piracy might threaten the author, but it make people discover somebody’s work, whether it’s music, cinema, etc. So, the problem about piracy is when it’s abusement kills the author. But, when you like somebody’s work, even if at first you download it, if it really deserved to be bought, you will generally buy it, as a respect for the maker. But without piracy and downloading, a lot wouldn’t even have heard about somebody’s work. With the medias’ saturation, you can’t buy art blind folded , especially considering it’s price : piracy is a problem when nobody buys, but as long benefits can cohabit with piracy, then it shouldn’t be a problem, especially if piracy ENCOURAGES benefits ( which i know is not always the case). Hell, even some obscure movies, which are really hard to find on real material support, are now accessible to everyone, just thanks to the internet. Internet and downloading makes culture live more than ever, we can’t turn our back on that, it’s a regression of the culture, and it’s an attack towards human rights : if government can suppress anything they want, it’s an insult to the concept of equality as a human right : it’s an abuse of power, and that’s called dictatorshit. SOPA can fuck itself and it’s supporters with it.

January 19, 2012 at 11:50 pm

@Mister Buckethead I don’t think you’re cornered into buying art blindfolded. Movies have trailers, albums have singles released and played on radio and TV. If you walk into a media outlet, pick up a movie and say “I’ll see if this is any good”, and it isn’t – that’s your problem. There are plenty of ways to research a movie and get varied opinions. If people lived by the rule that they won’t buy anything because they don’t know if it’s any good, then there’d be no such thing as commerce.

• THB306

January 19, 2012 at 11:57 pm

I never buy anything until I know I’ll like it… that very reason is why I haven’t tried many things, and don’t consider myself a valid contributor to commerce. All this talk of commerce and politics has me wondering when someone’s going to through the big scary C word around from the 50′s… Y’know, communist?

January 20, 2012 at 12:13 am

@THB306 I thought you were gonna say ‘copyright’.

• Mister Buckethead

January 20, 2012 at 12:36 am

You’re right, but it’s not the case for every piece of art, which means that the things we’ll mostly know about before buying will be the most mediatized ones, which is not always a good point ( Did i say Twilight ?). Nah, i’m just trolling there but still, it doesn’t deny that all of this has a price. When you’re a casual buyer, why not ? Buying a dvd each two weeks and stick with it. But when you’re actually trying to discover a culture, i can tell you , either you gotta be super rich to buy everything legally, either you’ll have to pirate things. And as i said, with the media saturation, you can’t buy everything, even if there is advertising to these products, you still never know what you got before you actually see it , or hear it. So without piracy , we still got movie renters but you still gotta be lucky to find what you want , which is rarely the case with internet database. The internet is a progress to culture, not only because of the database, but because culture is also an effort to make, and the internet makes it easily accessible to people,Like i said, if you really like something you downloaded, you’re gonna buy it, if you got enough money to allow it. And if you don’t have enough money, you’re obviously not going to buy movies and cd’s anyway. You can’t buy everything : piracy can help you buying the right things for you, while making you discover other things which you might like a little bit less.Anyway, i know it’s a complicated subject, that’s why it’s such a polemic nowadays.But the only thing i’m convinced of, is that piracy shouldn’t be abolished.Regulated , okay. Abolished is bullshit.

January 20, 2012 at 12:49 am

@Mister Buckethead If by regulated you mean that companies should attempt to sell their content cheaper online as downloadable albums, movies, etc – then absolutely. I agree stuff is ludicrously overpriced nowadays, and that’s not helping stem the tide of piracy. So if the solution exists in companies embracing internet downloads at a fraction of store shelf prices – that’s a great compromise.

• Mister Buckethead

January 20, 2012 at 1:12 am

@kaneda_bjf Well maybe, something like that why not ? But i really don’t know anything about commerce and about how money goes through authors and companies, etc. So i can’t really imagine concrete solution, as i said, it IS really complicated. I mean the biggest problem about piracy is the death of the author. But for what i know, i hear over-selled already rich artist complain about that. So before defining piracy as a crime, we gotta see who the real victims are , and how they are affected by it. I personnaly don’t consider over-rich artists as real victims, as they perfectly live and are well provided by their art.Either way, whether piracy is a crime or not, penalties are still going far beyond belief. I’ve seen murderers and rapists condemned for less prison time, and that’s just so pathetic.Anyway, as James said, the topic there is the internet being controlled by the government, and illegal content was already regulated, more or less, on sharing websites like Megaupload. The way the government is proceeding here is just dictatorship. They had no right and no valuable reason to shut megaupload down. There was piracy on it, but it’s purpose was personal file sharing, piracy was prohibited in the megaupload user’s condition, and when illegal files were detected, they pulled the file off.

• DaveMcGrath

January 19, 2012 at 11:43 pm

James. I find that most people who won’t lift a finger to politics will usually be the first to lock n’ load when shit really DOES hit the fan! I can only assume you are one of those “play it cool” types yes?

• Mistertoast

January 20, 2012 at 4:52 pm

@DaveMcGrath

Dude, he just went from one part of the country to the other and is moving his whole stuff!

You have no right to critizice him for not actively speaking on the internet about something that many others have spoken about the same day!

• THB306

January 20, 2012 at 12:00 am

I hate to say this… but piracy is a crime, and no matter what legislation is passed, crime will still occur. I mean, did the death penalty really stop people from murdering one another?

• ThrowntoReality

January 20, 2012 at 1:41 am

@THB306 Nope. I saw a documentary about the death penalty, and the only answer people gave when asked why they support the death penalty was “because it’s a part of our system, and I believe in the system”.

• AaronWomack

January 20, 2012 at 1:05 am

thanks so much.

PS. I sent you a remix of your theme song for the movie. I think you’ll like it. Let me know either way. I can make tons of epic music for you.

AaronWomack.com

contact@aaronwomack.com

• JamesHarris

January 20, 2012 at 2:33 am

I hope these people see what a waste of time this really is!And hey I met my wife online too, and now I live in a whole other country (USA lol) – wasn’t even on a dating site. Those can be dodgy lol

• RamboneIsGod

January 20, 2012 at 3:46 am

It’s not a black-and-white issue. I have a friend who’s a semi-popular musician (i’m not going to name drop). His band is getting squeezed by people downloading their music for free and not buying the records. They have to write and record a full-length studio album every year just so they have an excuse to go back on the road to make money off of merch and ticket sales (they tour their asses off, too). They’ve had to fire their equipment techs, as well. Yes…they’ve had people discover them through illegal downloading but it’s arguable whether or not it’s offset the losses (it’s unlikely that it has.

Let me make it clear that I oppose these awful bills. However, there has to be better protection for artists. Illegal downloading doesn’t hurt the big guys who are on Top 40 radio every 5 seconds. It’s the low-level to mid-level bands that get killed by piracy. I don’t want free music to disappear because that would make me a hypocrite as I discovered great bands through Youtube but it’s just ridiculous when somebody can go on Pirate Bay and download the complete works of an artist without the artist seeing a single dime. What’s the solution to this problem? I’m not sure at the moment.

• channtheman

January 20, 2012 at 4:57 am

@RamboneIsGod I am sorry that your friend’s band gets pirated a lot, and wish them success. But, the assumption that if the pirates couldn’t download your friend’s music they would all instead buy it is completely false. They most likely would not buy or listen to the band at all. I am not saying piracy is good, but if piracy went away, it would not equal success for your friend.

• BrianCunningham

January 20, 2012 at 6:18 am

@RamboneIsGod Would this band happen to be called Electric Six? Just wondering because I’m a fan of that band and I know they release an album every year and tour pretty much nonstop.

• bichodigital

January 20, 2012 at 10:36 am

@BrianCunningham@RamboneIsGod The one year one album ratio is pretty common in the music history as a whole. Specially when the bands want to become popular. I don’t see this as a sign of anything. Genesis did that back in the 70′s.

• igivenup

January 20, 2012 at 9:56 am

@RamboneIsGod If the band didn’t have their music pirated it would not sell either. Pirates get a lot of games/music they only kinda/don’t want. Things that they wouldn’t pay money for anyways. They only get it because its free. If they buy an album though and really like it they will buy it.

• bichodigital

January 20, 2012 at 10:45 am

@igivenup@RamboneIsGod it’s funny because that model requires people to have a better education and be conscious in order to support the artists they like. Internet is power to the people, because they can choose. I don’t see how requiring masses to be more conscious could harm the human kind as a whole. It’s like forcing governments to spend more money on education.

• Jokerxero

January 20, 2012 at 5:10 am

There is already laws in place to do something in regards to pirating. Look at Megaupload it got taken down because it is illegal to pirate What would Sopa have done? Well megaupload was deleted so anyone who links to megaupload is a dirty little pirate themselves so we have to take them down too. So thousands of more sites are taken offline due to the simple fact they linked to Megaupload. I dont agree with pirating because it takes money away from artist and what not but come on these bills will take a internet war and it is clear the internet folks will win.

• supercainn

January 20, 2012 at 7:57 am

Thats BULLSHIT, piracy doesnt take money away from artists. Piracy help people who cant afford to buy their expensive stuff buy it and even get to know the artists. So in fact, piracy is good for the artists because nothing else gives them better publicity than privacy and for FREE! there is way too many movies, music, software and games i wouldnt even feel like trying if i had to pay for them and most downloaders think the same. So there is no loss for artists or authors because even it we werent able to download their stuff for free we wouldnt buy it anyway.

• Mistertoast

January 20, 2012 at 4:51 pm

@supercainn

There’s pirates and then there’s pirates.

There are those who pirate expensive software and games they can’t afford and those o which they don’t think that they are worth their price.

Then there are those who pirate everything and upload movies to the internet the day they got released in the cinemas.

This does damage the industry, but actually, I don’t think it does much damage to giants like Viacom.

• Strazdas

January 20, 2012 at 6:49 am

Megaupload is charged with money laundring though. and they pretty much barged in and grabbed the stuff regardless of legal material on the site. what they did to mega uplaod is illegal, immoral and should get them jailed for it.

on a up-note, blackout protest seems to work to soem extent http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.338676-Acknowledging-Blackout-Politicians-Ditch-SOPA

• supercainn

January 20, 2012 at 7:51 am

Yeah! we won!! we kicked the shit out of SOPA because most congress men just withdrew their support to it after the protests. So its safe to assume SOPA wont ever come out and that all those jewish corporates will have to go and shove it up their asses!! hahaha!!

VICTORY!

• AdamPowell

January 20, 2012 at 8:44 am

As far as I know, SOPA has been shelved for now. Not sure about PIPA, though.

• SvenMeier

January 20, 2012 at 9:27 am

Watch this TED video… it covers the problem in a great historical way…

• January 20, 2012 at 12:49 pm

You should support “piracy”. Free software is a good thing, and sharing is not the same as stealing.

• LordMoe

January 20, 2012 at 3:35 pm

@SivertMyrvangGrenersen that’s a slippery slope, man.

• WestBuiltAMountain

January 20, 2012 at 5:50 pm

@SivertMyrvangGrenersen Using software in which you didn’t legally acquire the license is most certainly stealing.

You can either own up to what you do – or you can lie about it and try to act like it’s not. At least be a man and own up to it… You steal.

• January 20, 2012 at 5:53 pm

@WestBuiltAMountain@SivertMyrvangGrenersen Nope, I don’t, and you are wrong. Catch me if you can!

• biscuit3

January 21, 2012 at 6:02 am

@SivertMyrvangGrenersen@WestBuiltAMountain

Way to show your ass, Silver dude

• CGBongsmoke

February 6, 2012 at 3:14 am

@SivertMyrvangGrenersen @WestBuiltAMountain Successful Troll is Successful.

• LintWick

January 21, 2012 at 10:31 am

@SivertMyrvangGrenersen

• RosinaLucyCalypso

January 20, 2012 at 4:48 pm

I hate that I can’t do anything, just because I’m from the UK :/

• ClementPetit

January 20, 2012 at 6:27 pm

@RosinaLucyCalypso Totally agree !!! Geez, we should be able to vote too, because it concern ALL the internet, in the world, so here in france are also touched by that !

• ljngamessuck

January 20, 2012 at 9:34 pm

@RosinaLucyCalypso im from canada! and i cant do anything! were basicaly the exact same as americans and we dont have any say so

• RosinaLucyCalypso

January 20, 2012 at 10:24 pm

@ljngamessuck@ClementPetit I know right? Imagine the effect it would have on the world if we lost just facebook and youtube. Not to mention businesses like James’ and Doug’s will go down faster than a sack of shit. Anyway, it looks like we’re in the clear, the protest actually did something! I’m so glad so many people protested, of course we can’t blame James for not taking part, it’s completely understandable after the big move. @ljngamessuck It’s strange how you can live like a 20 minute walk from America, and still have no say (not that I’m saying you live 20 mins from America, you just technically could). :)

• BobbyLowe

January 23, 2012 at 5:25 am

@RosinaLucyCalypso@ljngamessuck@ClementPetit

It’s the corporate funded government regulated police enforced Internet 2 baby. I say bring that shit on and watch human freedom BURN IN HELL.

• y0ms3lf

January 21, 2012 at 6:06 pm

@RosinaLucyCalypso ever heard of ACTA? google

• RosinaLucyCalypso

January 21, 2012 at 6:42 pm

@y0ms3lf Yes I have, they’ve heard from me :)

• AndrewFysh

January 23, 2012 at 1:49 am

@RosinaLucyCalypso

yeah i agree, I’m from Australia and it kills me inside that i cant do much to help.

• JoshuaSonger

January 20, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Life has been better for me since I removed television 13 years ago. Come roughly 2005 I started to take advantage of being able to download a movie. But I have all but given up playing games, because I feel my time is better placed on my projects. So I will now guarantee not to download a copywritten movie file with vuze bittorrent again. They have threatened information exchange and I will satisfy their request. This battle may not be over but I will agree to their terms as long as they back off information exchange. No sopa or pipa what the fuck ever. Just me agreeing to stop watching movies I download illegally.I still watch content of course, my posts are often filled with content I sampled from others that I thought was clever. I can continue to watch programming via content provider’s websites. So I can keep my promise, I won’t waist my time downloading shitty movies ever again. Fuck em.

• ABOhiccups

January 20, 2012 at 7:50 pm

UPDATE: We did it!!!

ESA has finally pulled off SOPA and PIPA!

Thank you for saving Internet of Gaming!

You’re all Heros! :-)

• ROCKYKILLU

January 20, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Screw SOPA and PIPA! THIS IS A FREE COUNTRY AND THAT SHOULD INCLUDE INTERNET USERS!

• BobbyLowe

January 23, 2012 at 5:20 am

@ROCKYKILLUThis kind of shit sets the standards for the rest of the world and how they should regulate thier laws. Marijuana wasn’t illegal nearly worldwide until the USA set the standards for it to be so. We pretty much set the worldwide standard for any kind of laws and regulations so if this passes in the USA other countries will fold under CORP funded pressure.

• weegee

January 20, 2012 at 11:06 pm

NOOOOOOOO

• Nuketehbomb

January 21, 2012 at 2:10 pm

MegaUpload and MegaUpload managed to die during the day of protest.

• Nuketehbomb

January 21, 2012 at 2:10 pm

MegaUpload and MegaVideo managed to die during the day of protest.

• y0ms3lf

January 21, 2012 at 6:08 pm

if someone around here is European google ACTA

• wesley26508

January 22, 2012 at 7:30 am

Power to the people! Down with PIPA and SOPA!

• StevenWells

January 22, 2012 at 10:43 am

NDAA Detain US citizens without trial!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FORGET SOPA! THIS IS WORST

President Barack Obama rang in the New Year by signing the NDAA law with its provision allowing him to indefinitely detain citizens. It was a symbolic moment, to say the least. With Americans distracted with drinking and celebrating, Obama signed one of the greatest rollbacks of civil liberties in the history of our country … and citizens partied in unwitting bliss into the New Year.

• StevenWells

January 22, 2012 at 10:46 am

Mr. Rolfe, people listen to you, so I hope you can bring awareness to this issue before the USA really becomes a POLICE STATE.

Before the rest of the world suffers for it too.

• BobbyLowe

January 23, 2012 at 5:16 am

Seems like all these recent ACTS blow hard. patriot ACT, stop online piracy ACT, protect ip ACT. They all SOUND like they should ge good things! Patriotism, stoping piracy, protecting IP, but in reality the bills just fuking suck my dickhole off.

• RowanJColeman

January 24, 2012 at 1:30 pm

In a week I’m going to post my first movie review. If this bill were to pass would they really try to extradite me for saying what I thought of Starship Troopers? It’s all bullshit!

• DanielDiaz

January 26, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Thank you for not only watching out for artist, but also for boycotting censorship of the Internet. We all know your busy, so keep up the good work and forget all this SOPA crap for now. I want to see a good AVGN movie in theaters, fully paid for, and that wont happen with you and your team distracted! By the way, welcome to Los Angeles!

• Branden798

January 28, 2012 at 3:25 pm

if sopa and pipa gets passed that means a ban on soup and blow jobs!!!!

• BrendanMalley

January 29, 2012 at 10:01 pm

I hate to be “that guy” but I hope you all don’t mind if I do a shameless band promo: http://www.facebook.com/fearoffailuremusic

• February 9, 2012 at 5:35 pm

I didn’t serve my time in the Corps for our 1st Amendment rights to be raped by the media.

• JaysonGeronca

February 11, 2012 at 7:31 am

SOPA/PIPA should S-U-C-K it!

Xbox Live Gold Membership (12 months) now available on G-Jays Productions: Game Zone!

(Wii, PS3, Xbox, and PC games also available.)

Visit G-Jays Productions at http://g-jays.blogspot.com/2012/02/g-jays-gameone.html

• JaysonGeronca

February 11, 2012 at 7:31 am

0 pts

SOPA/PIPA should S-U-C-K it!

(Wii, PS3, Xbox, and PC games also available.)

• Kon999

February 16, 2012 at 4:56 pm

-spits out water- You’re fuckin’ married?

• V0tz

February 16, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Nice I know you would be against this Laws that are going to lock-up the internet and censored you, your work, your job and everyone else that do this kind of reviews of games and movies…