AVGN Movie – Looking for 3D Modelers, Set Builders, Miniature Makers

James / January 5th, 2012

For the AVGN movie, we are currently seeking 3D Modelers, Set Builders, and Miniature Makers/Model Makers/Model Painters.  Candidates should ideally be in the Los Angeles area.  Please email [email protected] with the job title and AVGN Movie in the subject line.  Please also attach a resume and any info that might help us understand why you are an ideal candidate.  Thanks!

Comments

• IanFisch

January 5, 2012 at 2:10 pm

You know, you have an opportunity here to make a really great movie. You could go, in character, as the angry video game nerd and confront some of the creators of the games you hate. Why not try to track down the creators of zelda CDI or Plumbers Don’t Wear Ties, and make them stand accountable for what they’ve done. It would be like a mix between Borat and King of Kong.

Instead, it seems like you’re making a low budget glorified internet movie. It will probably have Asylum-level special effects, and a lot of gratuitous, poorly-choreographed fight scenes. I’m sure it will have an abundance of cameos from non-actors such as Pat the NES punk, Spoony, and Angry Joe. Sigh.

• madsser

January 5, 2012 at 2:20 pm

@IanFisch is over $200,000 a low budget?

• IanFisch

January 5, 2012 at 2:35 pm

For a special effects movie? Yes. Is that a joke? @madsser @IanFisch

• ThrowntoReality

January 7, 2012 at 2:01 am

@[email protected] You know, I think you’re right. He should call the headquarters at Warner Bros. and request a 200 million dollar-budget.

NOT

• SvenMeier

January 17, 2012 at 11:32 pm

@[email protected] 200k muahaha…. its NOTHING

• January 5, 2012 at 2:53 pm

@IanFisch You have no idea what kind of movie he’s doing. So quit being a dick.

• Big McLargehuge

January 5, 2012 at 2:55 pm

It’s not like he has a hundred million dollars leaking out of his ass. He has to work with what he’s got. If you have such a great idea for a Nerd movie why don’t you make it. Smarty pants.@IanFisch

• themangodess

January 5, 2012 at 4:15 pm

I was with you until you made that lame ass argument: “If you don’t like it, why don’t you try it”.

@Big McLargehuge

• Big McLargehuge

January 5, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Well excuuuussse me, princess! @themangodess

• January 5, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Look what Kevin Smith did with Clerks for what … 30k or something along those lines, and that’s hailed as one of his best if not the best movie he’s ever made. Not to mention his biggest cult classic which is kinda how I see the AVGN movie, so really what’s the problem? @IanFisch

• IanFisch

January 5, 2012 at 3:37 pm

I’m not sure what makes you think he’s creating clerks. It seems more like he’s creating a more elaborate version of the non-review portions of his AVGN videos (aka a bunch of “comedic” fight scenes). @JennyBean

• January 5, 2012 at 3:49 pm

I’m not saying he’s trying to make Clerks, but in terms of finances his movie will be a movie along those lines in terms of the “cult” factor … I doubt he’s trying to make a huge box office hit with the AVGN movie. Although I do agree with you on that his could be a really great flick as long as it doesn’t get too wrapped up in being a glorified internet movie as you put it. But all things considered I’m sure he’s got better plans for the movie than just that.

@IanFisch

• elcalvo

January 5, 2012 at 6:07 pm

@IanFisch “It seems more like he’s creating a more elaborate version of the non-review portions of his AVGN videos (aka a bunch of “comedic” fight scenes)” No, it doesn’t. You dont have any solid proof to back up what you are saying.

• joeythatzme

January 5, 2012 at 3:33 pm

@IanFisch I think he’s going to make a great movie. I think you need to shut up and let him do what he wants.

• ChristopherAllenWallace

January 6, 2012 at 2:21 am

@[email protected] you guys need to stop feeding the troll.

• RyanSmith

January 5, 2012 at 3:38 pm

@IanFisch I’m pretty sure that whatever plans James has for the movie, it will be the right ones. He’d know better than you. -_- And you know nothing of what the movie is remotely about. So shut it. Oh, and yeah, a $200,000 movie in not a “low budget”. Sure, for big-name producers maybe. But not for an independent film from someone who’s commonly made “CINEMASSACRE” style movies. (In case you don’t know, that would be a movie quickly put together with a very low budget. …Hence why James calls it ‘Massacre’..)

So your idea is to: “You could go, in character, as the angry video game nerd and confront some of the creators of the games you hate. Why not try to track down the creators of zelda CDI or Plumbers Don’t Wear Ties, and make them stand accountable for what they’ve done. It would be like a mix between Borat and King of Kong.”

That’s kinda silly…. “a mix between Borat and King of Kong”? So in other words: It’s already been done.

“Why not try to track down the creators of zelda CDI or Plumbers Don’t Wear Ties, and make them stand accountable for what they’ve done.” Seriously?? You want to base an entire movie on a guy hunting down people who made games from old AVGN reviews? As you recall, James said it’s a movie for everyone. Killing off the creators of “Plumbers Don’t Wear Ties” would be a severe inside joke that a general audience would just cluelessly shake their heads at.

From the way you say you’d do things, you don’t even know who James is.

Oh yeah, and “I’m sure it will have an abundance of cameos from non-actors such as Pat the NES punk, Spoony, and Angry Joe. Sigh.” Okay. One, who says that’s a bad thing? Two, I extremely doubt that. And Three, where do you get off on calling them “non-actors”? What? Because they don’t work for big-time corporations? They’ve given millions of people free entertainment. They’ve made awesome videos. They could act just fine. But what’s that? They’re too, say, over-the-top, or hammy? Perhaps because that’s entertaining and how they write it?

So tell you what. Go make yourself a web-series. Make it actually good. Get millions of adoring fans. Then try to make a movie. If you ever manage to do this, I’ll come to you, and gladly insult one of our life’s dreams, complain about you being low budget, whine about choreography and effects (which I have yet to even SEE!), and let out a sigh of disappointment and shame.

Get off this site. You don’t deserve it.

• IanFisch

January 5, 2012 at 3:43 pm

I call Pat the NES Punk, Spoony, and Angry Joe non-actors because I don’t think they’re good actors. They’re not famous for their acting, but for their reviews. It’s like putting Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian in a movie. @RyanSmith

Second, just because a movie is about a niche subject, doesn’t mean it can’t have mass appeal. King of Kong is about breaking the world record in Donkey Kong, and yet it was made in such a way that it could appeal to everyone.

• RyanSmith

January 5, 2012 at 3:52 pm

@IanFisch Yeah. But Donkey Kong is, like, common knowledge. James is either known by his fans, or never even heard of by anyone else. So the only people who would get inside AVGN jokes would be the 30% who know them.

“I call Pat the NES Punk, Spoony, and Angry Joe non-actors because I don’t think they’re good actors. They’re not famous for their acting, but for their reviews”

Incase you didn’t know, they are ACTING in their reviews. What? You think Angry Joe walks around Wal-Mart pretending to do Force-Lightning when someone makes him mad? Or has an “Angry Joe Army”? You think Spoony grows scrubs and goggles Jekyll/Hyde style and tries to take over the world? Yeah. Famous for their reviews. In which they are acting in.

Wow. You really know nothing of these people. So try to stop yourself from insulting them willy-nilly for no reason. Get over yourself.

• lartrak

January 5, 2012 at 4:49 pm

@[email protected] James said it below, but if you don’t like the idea of a narrative fair enough, but a semi-improved thing like you suggest isn’t a good idea as James doesn’t do really well at that when doing the Nerd character. He’s tried it in the past, there’s a few videos of him doing stuff like that live. He’s more of a behind-the-scenes guy, and really needs a script and planning to work stuff out.

• RyanSmith

January 5, 2012 at 5:14 pm

@[email protected] Hey, I’m fine with whatever James does. But I think a 2 hour movie of The Nerd hunting down old game makers just for an inside joke wouldn’t be that good of a movie. I’m sure James knows that. Sure, if The Nerd ends up doing something with one or two game developers, yeah, that’s a good idea. But filling a full movie with it isn’t exactly a movie. It’s just a montage of an angry guy killing guy developers. (But now that I think of it, the idea would make a good slasher film. Just not the kind of movie you have in mind.)

• RyanSmith

January 5, 2012 at 5:15 pm

@[email protected] Hey, I’m fine with whatever James does. But I think a 2 hour movie of The Nerd hunting down old game makers just for an inside joke wouldn’t be that good of a movie. I’m sure James knows that. Sure, if The Nerd ends up doing something with one or two game developers, yeah, that’s a good idea. But filling a full movie with it isn’t exactly a movie. It’s just a montage of an angry guy killing game developers. (But now that I think of it, the idea would make a good slasher film. Just not the kind of movie you have in mind.)

• JamesAVGN

January 5, 2012 at 4:10 pm

@IanFisch Who’s to say we haven’t already contacted a game designer? One step ahead of you buddy. This is the reason why it’s tempting to leak important details. All you know about the movie is that it will involve some special effects. Little do you realize, it may be more to your liking than you think it is.

But no, I will clarify that it is a narrative. Not a documentary or mocumentary. I’m also no actor myself and certainly no improv style actor like Sacha Baron Cohen. One thing I am is the “fuckin’ Nerd”.

January 5, 2012 at 4:41 pm

@JamesAVGN What I like about James’ reactions, is that he always waits for the good moment and strikes with deadly arguments. You don’t react much but when you do, it’s a good comment.

• January 5, 2012 at 4:48 pm

You are the fuckin nerd, just rock it out dude! @JamesAVGN @IanFisch

• IanFisch

January 5, 2012 at 5:10 pm

I just want to say that, obviously, I’m a big fan of your work. Why else would I be here?

I am a bit dubious as to the merits of a feature-length narrative about the AVGN.

I believe the enjoyment of the AVGN videos comes from watching you react to the absurd design choices of old video games. It’s entertaining when you bring to light how seemingly little thought went into making the games we once cherished.

I think people also really enjoy your personal recolections of how the games affecting your life. For instance, in the Godzilla video, you talked about how you, as a kid, saw a preview for a SNES Godzilla game that got you excited, but then was never released. I think a lot of your fans can relate to that experience.

My point is, that although you do a very very good job analyzing these games, and pointing out their absurdities, it very much is about the games.

Good luck.

@JamesAVGN

• RyanSmith

January 5, 2012 at 5:19 pm

@[email protected] You may be a big fan of James’s AVGN videos. But the rest of us love all the stuff he does. From AVGN, to his personal videos. Heck, some of us like all his other personal/side videos more than the AVGN. The Dragon in My Dreams, his retrospective videos. We like seeing the real James just as much as The Nerd. Sometimes even more.

James, we love ya. Follow your dreams and don’t let nobody stop you!!

January 5, 2012 at 5:35 pm

@RyanSmith @IanFisch @JamesAVGN Agree mate!

• DudeEazy

January 6, 2012 at 3:48 am

Ian, it’s a good thing that you’re preoccupied with the outcome of the AVGN movie, but on the other hand, I find your pessimism unnecessary. Pessimism can be good in pointing out major problems, but here you are only making assumptions.

The amount of strategy, passion, and care put into the making of this movie is not comparable to any other video James has ever put out there, i’m sure. And even so, I’ve seen a whole lot of passion in many of his videos already. I’m sure James will do quite fine and I am looking forward to seeing his work.

Saying: ”Good luck” in this case, is insulting. ‘Luck’ won’t be of much help in the making of this movie.

What James could use from you, if anything, is honest encouragement.

@[email protected]

• ThrowntoReality

January 7, 2012 at 2:13 am

@IanFisch

I don’t understand what you are trying to say with all your arguments. You say that you’re a fan of the AVGN, yet you seem to be against this whole project. I also don’t think that you, ONE MAN’S opinion, is going to change James’ mind about the film.

Plus, you don’t seem to have “most of the fans” on your side, so stop ranting!

• ThrowntoReality

January 7, 2012 at 2:18 am

@IanFisch

You don’t even seem to have “a lot of the fans” on your side.

If you don’t think this is a good idea, just DON’T WATCH THE MOVIE!

• hankjones

January 5, 2012 at 6:03 pm

@IanFisch Is that you, Calavera?

• January 5, 2012 at 10:16 pm

@IanFisch

Then made a movie yourself, why demand about something that its even free? i hate this generation of people complaining about what they want on their games, movies etc.

• themangodess

January 6, 2012 at 9:49 am

Because it’s criticism, which is prevalent everywhere. Just let the guy have his opinion

@Fei [email protected]

• gamez

January 7, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Lol ok there buddy. Let’s see you do much better in amassing a much more sizeable figure.You think you’re popular enough to get a larger budget if you planned on making a movie. No @IanFisch

• vappyvap88

January 5, 2012 at 4:24 pm

IanFisch status:

[ ] Told

[ ] Told Hard

[X] Knights of the Told Republic

• themangodess

January 5, 2012 at 4:25 pm

[ ] Not told [ ] Told [X] TOLDASAURUS REX [X] Cash4told.com [X] No country for told men [X] Knights of the told Republic [X] ToldSpice [x] The Elder Tolds IV: Oblivious [x] Command & Conquer: Toldberian Sun [x] GuiTold Hero: World Told [X] Told King of Boletaria [x] Countold Strike [x] Unreal Toldament [x] Stone-told Steve Austin [X] Half Life 2: Episode Told [x] World of Warcraft: Catoldclysm [X] Roller Coaster Toldcoon [x] Assassin’s Creed: Tolderhood [x] Battletolds [x] S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shatold of Chernobyl [X] Toldasauraus Rex 2: Electric Toldaloo [x] Told of Duty 4: Modern Toldfare [X] Pokemon Told and Silver [x] The Legend of Eldorado : The Lost City of Told [X] Rampage: Toldal Destruction [x] Told Fortress Classic [x] Toldman: Arkham Told [X] The Good, The Bad, and The Told [x] Super Mario SunTold [x] Legend of Zelda: Toldacarnia of Time [X] Toldstone creamery [x] Mario Golf: Toldstool Tour [X] Super Told Boy [X] Left 4 Told [X] Battoldfield: Bad Company 2 [x] Toldman Sachs [X] Conker’s Bad Fur Day: Live and Retolded [x] Lead and Told: Gangs of the Wild West [x] Portold 2 [x] Avatold: The Last Airbender [X] Dragon Ball Z Toldkaichi Budokai [x] Toldcraft II: Tolds of Toldberty [x] Leo Toldstoy [x] Metal Gear Toldid 3: Snake Eater [X] 3D Dot Told Heroes [x] J.R.R Toldkien’s Lord of the Told [x] Told you that ps3 has no games [X] LitTOLD Big Planet [x] Rome: Toldal War [x] Gran Toldrismo 5 [x] Told Calibur 4 [x] Told Fortress 2 [x] Castlevania: RonTold of Blood [x] Guilty Gear XX Accent Told [x] Cyndaquil, Chicorita, and Toldodile [x] was foretold [x] demon’s told [x] http://www.youtold.com/ [x] Tolden Sun: Dark Dawn [x] Tic-Tac-Told [X] Biotold 2 [X] Toldbound [x] icetold [x] Told of the Rings

• January 6, 2012 at 12:02 am

@themangodess @vappyvap88 Definitely the best posts after the James smackdown.

January 5, 2012 at 5:22 pm

lol, I actually already sent some emails regatding ser building, costume/prop/miniature building and design and 3D modelling. Never got anything back though 🙁 Going to share this on Facebook when tomorrow so that the friends I have who works with this stuff, perhaps, want to check it out and apply 🙂

• pirakadude20

January 5, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Did everyone forget his movie reviews? This guy knows cinematography, if anyone can pull this off it’s james!

Total faith in you man, keep it up!

• January 5, 2012 at 6:10 pm

i would kill to cameo in this movie lol

• Madd_Dawg

January 5, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Hope its all going well James..

• Julian Auo

January 5, 2012 at 8:55 pm

contact LJN guys and asking directly to their face “what you where thinking?” will be epic.

• gamez

January 7, 2012 at 3:05 pm

well Jln no longer exists as a company @Julian Auo

• DanielBrady

January 7, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Yeah but there must be someone still alive who worked there. That would be so epic if they were working in a Gamestop or had a job cleaning up shit at a zoo. That would be a great scene idea. @gamez @Julian Auo

• HenrySquirrelman

January 5, 2012 at 10:59 pm

I am a 3d modeler and animator about 2 hours away rom LA, and I would love to help you guys with the movie. Unfortunately, I am busy at the moment with my own projects and college classes.

Still, that doesn’t mean that I can’t make time.

If you can’t find someone, I would be happy to help in any way I can. I am not a professional, but I can make some real good models and fast. I have over 600 hours working in 3ds max. I’ll whip up some stuff and send them to you in an email later on, when I finish them just to show you what I can do. Don’t worry, it shouldn’t take more than a week.

• AntonioSerra

January 6, 2012 at 5:12 am

Wasn’t this tread suppose to be about 3D Modelers, Set Builders, and Miniature Makers/Model Makers/Model Painters. Oh i get it now!!! It’s suppose to be about making considerations about other persons work without even knowing what the actual work is… I’m sorry, sometimes i get distracted 🙂

Fucking nerd, here in University of Lisbon in Portugal we’re fucking waiting for the movie, get it done pronto!!! ALL YOU’RE VIDEOS ARE BELONG TO US!!!! lol

We have here i great group of scientists, who unfortunately live across the ocean, but love you’re work.

If you ever need any physics consultant we’re here for you, oh GREAT ONE!!!

P.S. You really should come see us in Portugal, or at least see Portugal it’s a very beautiful and old contry, and cheap to!!!

• BillTyree

January 6, 2012 at 10:55 pm

This movie is gonna suck, but my guess is there will be no movie. You tricked a bunch of young naive kids and knew you would get away with it and stole over 200,000 dollars from them. How sick is that? Then you make an excuse to go to California but we all know your just going there because of leisure with your newly acquired cash. How much money do you make btw with all the ad revenue and your Youtube account and that job you supposedly had? You obviously quit your job and are making a living off your site and videos.

I hope you get sued and put in jail for this theft from young kids that you’ve done. it truly makes me sick

@JamesAVGN

• pirakadude20

January 6, 2012 at 11:56 pm

@[email protected] At first I was like >:( but then I loled.

• KaydenWaveharp

January 7, 2012 at 12:15 am

@[email protected]

Dude, your a douchebag. If you cannot see how hard James and Co. Are working, then you have no right or reason to be here trolling and flaming about how they are robbing people.

• mcmackerel

January 7, 2012 at 12:28 am

And your evidence for this is? Anyone who’s ever worked on movie production know how huge the workload is, and James did it for years, making his work available for free. Even though I know he’s not an asshole, I honestly wouldn’t care if he spent the money I donated on hookers and blow, because you know what — he fucking deserves it.@BillTyree @JamesAVGN

• KaydenWaveharp

January 7, 2012 at 12:30 am

@[email protected]@JamesAVGN

I’m with mcmackerel on that one. Lol.

• Plum Sauce

January 7, 2012 at 2:15 am

@[email protected]@JamesAVGN You made me laugh really hard.

January 7, 2012 at 12:52 am

@[email protected] Stop the obvious trolling, douchebag. Go back to your cave, 4chan fag.

January 7, 2012 at 12:53 am

@BillTyree Stop the trolling, 4chan douchebag.

• January 7, 2012 at 1:15 am

Look, the Irate Gamer made an appearance! Somebody’s a little jello, you mad bro … cause you should be.

@[email protected]

• January 7, 2012 at 5:13 am

@[email protected]

Where the fuck is the Dislike button when you REALLY need it!?!?!

• MrJaneDoe1

January 7, 2012 at 10:09 am

@[email protected]@JamesAVGN Where’s the fucking NUKE button when you need it ?!

January 7, 2012 at 11:05 am

@Deadlyrazorwings You can flag him if you want.

• gamez

January 7, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Wow this guy is unbelievable. I’m surprised James hasn’t responded to this asshole. forget Ian. This is the guy who needs to be put in his place. @BillTyree @JamesAVGN

• January 7, 2012 at 7:00 pm

@[email protected]@JamesAVGN

• January 7, 2012 at 7:01 pm

@[email protected]@JamesAVGN I’m going to have to agree, even though I came in late on this website

• EthanMitchell

January 7, 2012 at 9:11 pm

@BillTyree @JamesAVGN you really think he’d do that

• SvenMeier

January 17, 2012 at 11:38 pm

@[email protected] TROLLFACE IS BACK!

• DevGal89

January 7, 2012 at 4:21 am

I really think you guys shouldn’t have moved out to LA to shoot the film. Everythings so much more expensive than the growing film scene right in your back yard. And PA has the tax credit.

• BreanStilz

January 16, 2012 at 4:56 pm

@DevGal89 I think James has mentioned he has people out there. I’m sure he has some reasons that make moving cross country more advantageous for his movie than staying at home.

• January 7, 2012 at 5:12 am

Off topic a bit, I think you should have a scene in which every single AVGN fan gets to make a cameo. A group shot or something. Like maybe the nerd is giving an epic speech about the shittiness of the game to a huge crowd.

lol I know, I wish.

• Thrashing Deth

January 7, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Jesus Christ, can I please go to a post without encountering some kind of complain or “trolls” as you may call it. It gets rather irritating, now I know the reason why celebrities are stressed about fans. Some of them are fucking crazy! Or just insane. Either way some fans like to criticize or before judging like that BillTyree guy. Before he assumes anything, he should wait until the movie comes out and if the movie not come out then he’d be right but it’s too early to say that shit. All we can do is trust in James and wait for his awesome movie to come out. And not to take crap from people like BillTyree, but I suppose everybody have opinions, we can’t all live in a world where every body agrees on the same thing and most certainly can’t live in a world where we can please everybody.

• jigglyclops

January 7, 2012 at 9:22 pm

@Thrashing Deth You got a point, one thing we could do to avoid that is focus on the purpose of the main post but nowadays people would call that too utopic. Too bad I´m no animator nor in that area. =P

• redZepps

January 8, 2012 at 1:22 pm

James,

you should hold a contest for 3D modelers, just post what kind of models you need, have people them send in and the winner could have their models used in your movie. I would be glad to work for free btw.

• HenrySquirrelman

January 8, 2012 at 3:00 pm

@redZepps That sounds like a good idea. I’m for having a competition if James agrees. Plus, it would help us 3d modelers to know what kind of models your looking for. Realistic, monsters, scenery, cartoony, etc.

• RPGxMadness

January 9, 2012 at 12:36 am

……… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhsEavtsZy4&feature=g-u&context=G21309deFUAAAAAAACAA

just sayin’ what is the problem with what James does?……

January 9, 2012 at 8:36 am

@RPGxMadness Umad, bro?

• BirdmanEtobicoke

January 9, 2012 at 10:18 am

Your (and James’s) basement can be considered “The Ultimate Nerd Man-Cave”. Are you allowed down there? LOL. Do you ever hangout down there with your friends? Do you and James play NES together down there sometimes?

• SantouryuKen

January 9, 2012 at 10:26 am

Do i have to live in CA? I live in AZ and would like to help out as a 3d Modeler

• jimmyeatsquaids

January 9, 2012 at 1:43 pm

I hate to say it, but I actually agree for the most part with what IanFisch has to say…

oh and guys seriously, calm down, it’s just his opinion,so stop bashing him like a 5 year old.

I myself donated for the movie and I’m a fan since 2006, but still I can’t imagine how the movie is going to be like and honestly I don’t expect much…so that’s pretty much the safest spot I can be in, because if the movie is great,I’d be surprised in a positive way and otherwise I won’t be dissappointed,so lets see if james can surprise me here 🙂

January 9, 2012 at 2:10 pm

@jimmyeatsquaids Why already make a conclusion about the movie while you don’t know anything about it? Trust James.

• jimmyeatsquaids

January 9, 2012 at 3:24 pm

@metalcommand I’m not making any conclusion about how the movie might be like and that’s exactly the point…I don’t want to get sucked in the hype some others are in only to find out that the movie isn’t what i expected it to be like.

really don’t get me wrong, I love james’ work so far (that’s why I donated to the movie) but still I wanna have a neutral point of view when I actually get to see it.it’ll only make me enjoy the movie even more if it’s good ^^

• bobster81

January 10, 2012 at 9:19 am

@[email protected] And you sir need to stop thinking that James is some kind of God. Seriously, could his fans suck his dick any more than they are now? It’s crazy, you can’t say anything that’s even mildly negative about James or AVGN without morons like you jumping at peoples’ throats, it’s fucking insane.What’s wrong with setting low expectations on a film? If it ends up sucking, then there’s no disappointment, and, if it ends up being good, then we’ll be pleasantly surprised.

• jimmyeatsquaids

January 10, 2012 at 9:59 am

@bobster81 totally agree on that own dude ;D

January 10, 2012 at 11:47 am

@[email protected] You’re bashing someones work without any lead, so stop the hate and the bashing. You’re already burying the movie into the ground before you even know how it will be.

• jimmyeatsquaids

January 10, 2012 at 1:24 pm

@[email protected] Nobody was bashing james’ movie, I just tried to explain why I’m going to see the movie with low expectations, that’s all oO And bobster81 does have a good point when he says that almost nobody here accepts any criticism on james’ work without getting rude towards the critic.

January 10, 2012 at 3:43 pm

@[email protected] Saying his movie gonna suck (you didn’t say that literally, but the others did you referred to) is bashing and hating.

• JohnRaace

January 9, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Sadly i don’t know anyone who does any of that stuff… correction i know one person. However i do know how to use a whip ala-temple of doom style. In case you need things done in a timely manner.

• January 10, 2012 at 1:15 am

Oh-oh! This particular film is gonna draw, but my guess will be you will see no movie. A person deceived a number of young naive children and also understood you would get away by using it as well as took above 200,000 dollars from their store. Exactly how unwell is that, then you make a justification to attend California but we all know the simply going right now there because of leisure along with your freshly acquired Money. How much money would you help make with all the current advertisement earnings and your Youtube . com accounts understanding that work a person supposedly acquired? You Certainly give up your task as well as are making a full time income away your website and video clips.

January 10, 2012 at 11:45 am

@emeliafallick Lol, you’re funny. GTFO before I pee in my pants of laughter. xD

• jimmyeatsquaids

January 10, 2012 at 1:34 pm

@emeliafallick I guess that’s the risk everybody who donated took, but seriously how likely is that? If you watched more than just the AVGN movies from james, it’s pretty clear that he’s very passionate about making movies and it’s always seem to have been his dream to make something bigger.

so now he has to options: either he just spends the money on stuff that won’t make him happy or he finally fulfills his dream…

I’m pretty sure he won’t disappoint 😛

• gamez

January 11, 2012 at 11:43 am

wow metal guess not evry female is a fan of the nerd. Never expected that from a girl. then again once girl asked big his dick was. she posted it on the mrs.nerd speaks forum @metalcommand @emeliafallick

• gamez

January 11, 2012 at 11:53 am

By the way you do realize that James is being taxed on this movie don’t you. You make it seem as if he’s going to pocket very penny – which is not the case. Of course you’re somebody who has no idea about what the actual costs are in making a movie. And that makes you ignorant. @emeliafallick

• SvenMeier

January 17, 2012 at 11:25 pm

@emeliafallick I am a Filmmaker (Degree in Bachelor of Arts) and I can tell you 200k Dollar for a feature Film is NOTHING. Even cheap movies like machete have a 10 Million Dollar Budget. A normal student project of about 5 to 10 minutes length takes up to 12 months to create and costs up to 15’000 $ without even spending any money on a professional crew or equipment. So you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what you’re talking about. PS: check out your profile pic and talk about naive again…

• Mr T

January 10, 2012 at 9:46 am

All you people do is whine and envy James success , now thats lowlife.

• bobster81

January 10, 2012 at 10:10 am

@Mr T No one is “envying” his success and whining about that, that’s most definitely not the problem here. I’m a fan of James (I’ve been following the AVGN videos since he first uploaded the Karate Kid game review to the internet, and I bought all the AVGN DVDs so far… my favorite AVGN episode is probably the Godzilla one, it’s so funny) and looking at his fanbase now is just insulting to me.The problem is that his fans seem to see everything he does, even the bad stuff, as works of staggering genius, even when it’s clear that it isn’t (see: ROB episode, super shady donation drive instead of getting actual investors for his film (hey guys! you’re not only paying to get the film made, but you’ll have to pay to see it after it’s done… no scam there, huh?), any AVGN episode in 2011, some episodes in 2010), and even when it hasn’t even fucking come out yet (see: AVGN movie). But, most scary of all, is the problem of his fans actively searching out and attacking anyone who doesn’t believe, like them, that James is a god (I’ve checked, you can’t even say anything NEUTRAL about James without his fans jumping at your throat, if you’re doing anything else than praising his genius, AVGN fanboys will get insanely mad at you). At this point, if James made a video telling his fans to murder their mom and post a video of it on youtube, there’d totally be people doing it, it’s fucking insane. (note: James is not a god, he’s just some guy who enjoys making films/reviews for fun and shouldn’t be seen as any more than that, there’s no need for insane fanboyism here).

January 10, 2012 at 11:45 am

@[email protected] T Nobody said you had to donate….you CAN donate, you don’t HAVE to. Please……stop trying.

January 10, 2012 at 10:04 am

I wish you luck though I am a long time fan I have no real expectations, I dont really ever expect to see this movie ever released, considering how much money I hear you make seems odd you have so much trouble gettinga movie going, one usually has about everything they need to make the movie, or at least waits until they can actually make it, the way you are going will be another 10 years before you can get half way done.

I expect you will eventually just drop it and go back to making really funny game reviews, thats what most really go on here for anyways. I just dont see a reason for the movie to ever be made, it’s your dream but dont expect any huge profit out of it.

• bobster81

January 10, 2012 at 10:10 am

@davidsworld3 He already made profit on it though. He needed 75k to make the film, and he already raised more than 200k. Unless there’s some massive changes to his original plans, most of this is going straight in his pockets.

January 10, 2012 at 10:16 am

@bobster81

So if he did in fact say he only need 75k to make the movie and has made well over 200k why is he still asking for more moneyld at least clarify why he is still bringing in money, I mean he isn’t a director like spielburg he cant realistically expect as much money as he is getting without telling us why he needs it. I’m currently laid off work otherwise I’d even give him a dollar to help out but he doeshn’t need my help he makes a shit ton more money than I do so dont feel obligated to offer him money, nor do I really think he expects it, but disappointing none the less, his reviews have sucked for a while now, at least he still does them but dont really want them if he isn’t going to put any of his soul into them like he used to.

January 10, 2012 at 11:44 am

@[email protected] With more money, he can put more in the movie. 75 was a minimum, but with 2k he can do a lot more. I don’t think he’ll ‘put it in his pocket’.

January 10, 2012 at 2:46 pm

I hope he doesn’t and to the guy calling me a troll…shut the fuck up seriously go suck his dick on your own time, I like James but this whole movie thing seems pointless, me I always like watching his classic game reviews something that has been really lacking for months now.

January 10, 2012 at 3:10 pm

@[email protected]

You know this how? where is your proof, how do you know what hes doing witht eh money? For all we know he baught a car with it, not saying he did but you are assuming a lot, I understand your a huge fan of him so am I but that doesn’t mean I think hes perfect and would never wrong anyone.

January 10, 2012 at 3:47 pm

@[email protected] Because he keeps us updated via logs, to show us what he’s doing? Lol dude, don’t always look at the dark side of things. If guess you never order stuff online: because, WHAT IF the mail delivers to a wrong adress, WHAT IF the money transaction goes wrong, WHAT IF the company is just out there to steal your money….pffff….

• TommyO'Neil

January 14, 2012 at 5:46 am

@davidsworld3 Unless you work for a major film studio, and have made more than three professional-quality feature-length movies, your assumptions that the movie will suck are pretty much fucked. Look, if you’re a true fan of James, rather than being a debbie downer about it and saying the movie will suck, why not encourage him and wish him good luck with the movie? Think of all the good things that can and will happen from it.I’m sorry, but I fucking hate people who talk lowly about James. For the mere couple of minutes I spent with him in person, I can tell you for sure James is not a guy that’s going to shit all over us like you probably think he is. Sure, nobody is perfect, but we all start somewhere, right?

The point is, don’t be so down about the movie. Stop thinking like this is bullshit and that James is bullshit, because he isn’t. Otherwise, yes, people will look at you like you’re a troll.

• MarkusRussak

January 17, 2012 at 7:19 am

@davidsworld3 he’s not a game reviewer, he went to a film school and that is his passion, if you don’t like it get the fk lost. Do you really expect a guy who has been doing free vids for his fans for years now to steal from his fans? And the fact that he has exeeded the 75k by alot means that he doesn’t need alot of sponsors now or even none… you seriously don’t know what you’re talking about.

(and if you think james is a shitty writer then why are you even here?)

• Spidernigger

January 10, 2012 at 5:11 pm

@[email protected]

I AM GLAD, HE DESERVES THE MONEY, 4 YEAR OF AVGN FOR FREE AND NOWE YOU COMPLAIN THAT HE IS GETTING LOT OF MONEY? IM SURE YOU HAVE NOT EVEN DONATED A SINGLE BUCK SO SHUT THE FUCK UP

• SvenMeier

January 17, 2012 at 11:23 pm

@[email protected] you’re simply a damn n00b. Go troll some other website.

• SvenMeier

January 17, 2012 at 11:07 pm

@davidsworld3

• SvenMeier

January 17, 2012 at 11:15 pm

@davidsworld3 So dude, I watch Jame’s videos for years now and never wanted to register to comment here. But especially for you troll I have registered. I am a Filmmaker (Degree in Bachelor of Arts) and I can tell you 200k Dollar for a feature Film is NOTHING. Even cheap movies like machete have a 10 Million Dollar Budget. A normal student project of about 5 to 10 minutes length takes up to 12 months to create and costs up to 15’000 $ without even spending any money on a professional crew or equipment. So you Toast Brain have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what you’re talking about. It’s pretty much one of the dumbest comments I’ve ever read about filmmaking EVER. So shut up, go back to your ugly redneck hole, eat more chips, jerk of to porn, play World of Warcraft or do whatever an incompetent, unintelligent, jealous creature like you does when IT isn’t trolling the interwebZ.

• Mr T

January 10, 2012 at 10:32 am

So what if he has more than 200k ? 75k was the bare minimum he needed to make the movie , with 200k he can do alot more . Stop this nonsense , please .

January 10, 2012 at 10:38 am

@Mr T

well I’m curious why he said he needs 75k but is hoarding over 200k why is he serious about the movie or just taking his time to rake in the cash? dont get me wrong I’m a fan but not of this stupid movie idea, it’s gonna suck we all know it he knows it, if he cant show any progress for the money he is still asking for why should I support the movie?

January 10, 2012 at 11:44 am

@davidsworld3 With your comment you show you don’t have a clue how much time and work goes into the making of a movie. Please, don’t make more of a fool of yourself than you already did.

January 10, 2012 at 3:00 pm

@metalcommand

So you know how to make a movie and exactly whats involved? Who sounds like the fool here? I can have an opinion I’m not alone in my beliefe that he shouldn’t be having so much trouble financing a movie with the kind of money he makes, it’s great people support him, but to not have any time table how long he expects the movie to be finished if it even does, I’d be pissed if I donated a bunch of money only for it to get wasted.

Most directors wont even advertise a movie until they have a time table summer release or direct date.

Wont be surprised if it’s years until he is even in the last stages of making the movie and by then who will really feel confident about it?

I just think he should have just stuck to doing game reviews in his usual hilarious way. Rob was the last one where he did something really cool using effects, now he just basically mumbled fuck, and shit while talking about a bad game. The quality in his reviews have really gone down since he first started.

January 10, 2012 at 3:06 pm

@metalcommand

When did I say I know exactly what goes into making a movie? Do you?

January 10, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Yes I do have a clue but he hasn’t mentioned where he is on the movie only that a lot of works needs to be done. It just doesnt seem that hopeful that he can get this movie made in a decent time frame.

January 10, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Look, kiddo, IndieGoGo works like that. If you exeed the goal you wait until the campaign is over and use whatever you end up with. Live with it. Bye, troll.

January 10, 2012 at 2:13 pm

By the way, do you have any fucking clue about how many actually REACH the goal of their campaign on IndieGoGo? I think it’s about 3% of the people that creates one.

And James is popular – across the whole world actually – which is why he ended up with what he ended up with.

January 10, 2012 at 2:53 pm

@LukasSprehn

1st off kiddo? Seriously you dont look like you are even over 18 I doubt you can buy beer without having an adult do it for you.

2nd I’m not a troll for having an opinion your just another cock sucker, I’m not a blind fanboy who thinks James is a God, he has flawes too, I think it’s great what he has done for us, but this movie in my opinion is ruining avgn and I doubt the movie will even get released he said so himself that it was a possibility, after so long you have to move on and if he doesn’t I wonder what he will do with all that money he asked for?

Movie will probably suck anyways if it even gets released and I wont pay the movie ticket prices to see his film, I’d get it cheap at some book store.

January 10, 2012 at 2:57 pm

I can buy both cigarettes and beer alone without any trouble. I don’t have a problem with all these people’s opinions. I just think it’s kinda fucked up then someone just pops into a forum/messages (or whatever) and say stuff like “This movie will never be!” and “Why do you take so much money.” It’s called whining, it’s not nice.

But you know what is actually cheap? You and your comments.

Don’t reply to this.

January 10, 2012 at 2:59 pm

I can go into stores and buy both cigarettes and acoholic bevearges without any legal issues. Alone.

You sound kinda emo, do you know that? If it doesn’t get made, which it will, he will give back the money. They’re no turning back though, in a way. Deal with it. I am.

January 10, 2012 at 3:05 pm

@LukasSprehn

When did he say he would give the money back where is your proof? Deal with it? I dont really care I’m just discussing the movie, which I have no confidense in being a good movie or being done years from now, he has tried in the past only to have issue crop up everytime, hes simply hyping it.

January 10, 2012 at 3:09 pm

First off: Where do YOU have proof that he has “tried” (or you could you define what the hell you mean? He has only been waiting, and writing in that period). Second, by saying there’s no turning back, I changed my last saying about giving back the money, thus making what you just asked no sense. Third: Hyping it? No, he’s asking for help. If you guys need to keep ranting, keep doing it. I will ignore it.

Listen people, you should do the same …

January 10, 2012 at 3:12 pm

@LukasSprehn

In his video dude or have you not watched his updates on the movie and past activities? the proof is on this site look it up. He has mentioned wanting to do the movie in the past but ran into troubles and just went back to doing video game reviews. I understand it’s his dream but it’s not looking that hopeful.

January 10, 2012 at 3:14 pm

@LukasSprehn

alone? When was it possible to get stuff like beer with an adult? If you say he I’m 17 but my friend is 23 can I still buy it? They would say no…I no I’m just giving you shit lol

January 10, 2012 at 3:15 pm

LOL, here you have to be 16 haha. But I am older than that.

January 10, 2012 at 3:15 pm

@davidsworld3 And you still don’t know what’s really going on in Jame’s mind, and what he mean by “running into trouble.”

January 10, 2012 at 3:17 pm

@LukasSprehn

shit lucky bastard, then again thats just how it is, wish it was a lot harder to buy crap like chew took me a year almost to quit the habit, beer though is my friend.

January 10, 2012 at 3:18 pm

@LukasSprehn

no one knows what is on his mind but when he has more than what he originally asked for just be nice to know if he has actually made use of it, thats all I’m saying. For all I know he used some of it to buy a gift for his wife, probably not but he doesn’t really say much.

January 10, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Okay…. So where is your proof of this gift stuff? Eh, I certainly never heard of it.

But if you pay someone more than they ask for, they are going to do a better job. I just hope this film will be worth the wait 🙂 That’s all I ask for.

January 10, 2012 at 3:23 pm

@LukasSprehn

I never said he in fact used it to buy a gift for his wife, you are putting words in my mouth at this point, I’m just saying he has more than he asked for why not say alright I got what I need no need to keep sending me money I’m starting the production, instead as far as I know he will just keep collecting when in fact he doesn’t need to.

Just because someone has the money for a movie doesn’t mean it will be good though I’m sure their have been movies with millions spent only for it to flop.

James doesn’t have a record quality movie making I’d like to know what we can expect from this movie. He got what he asked for now what?

January 10, 2012 at 4:02 pm

He can’t keep collecting, since IndieGoGo has a time limit. When the last day of the campaign has passed, the campaign ends. He can, though, as long as it’s up. And it’s the fan’s fault he is getting more than he need. And for all I know, he could be renting real photographs, and that camcorder was just for his teaser. You never know. I’m just going to sit back and wait for this masterpiece 🙂

• Spidernigger

January 10, 2012 at 5:07 pm

@[email protected]

Wow man, stop commenting on this site and go watch the Irate gamer, James has been doing quality episodes of the AVGN and he asks for nothing in return, a movie is harder so this was necessary. You suck

January 10, 2012 at 2:13 pm

• Doogrisa

January 16, 2012 at 7:07 pm

@Mr T

You have to remember that the 200k is gonna get taxed alot. Uncl sam will get a nice chunk.

January 10, 2012 at 2:15 pm

If you got an email from a guy named Francis E. Paul, I sent him your way, James 🙂

• fishy

January 11, 2012 at 9:39 am

Why oh why was I born in Canada instead of L.A. ?

• Doogrisa

January 16, 2012 at 7:04 pm

@fishy

You are not missing anything. L.A. is one big shit hole. The traffic and air quality is horrible. The people are also assholes. Not all of them, but more then my liking.

• fullersfrenzy

January 12, 2012 at 1:37 pm

I noticed that some people are complaining about the 200k amount that’s been raised so far and wonder why James is doing this movie. In my opinion, I think it’s great he’s been able to raise so much from such great fan support. It’s pretty unheard of and I think it’s great that he’s succeeding in his goals. I can only imagine that he wants to challenge himself as an artist/director and move forward to create a movie that he’s wanted to create for quite sometime but never had enough funds, etc to make it the way he envisioned it. I don’t understand why people give him grief or are upset with his successes in raising a high amount of money. More money = higher production cost and hopefully a higher quality movie. I’m sure 75k was just a base amount needed to get a semi decent movie made without much vfx, or 3d models, etc. I am in the industry and I can tell you that freelance is not cheap and costs a good deal of money (based on experience). Of course, I think some fans would be willing to do it for a lower rate to help him out, but creating 3D models, textures, vfx, compositing, animation, lighting, rendering, etc is time consuming and time=money. All I can say as an artist is that I enjoy challenging myself and continually growing and learning/trying new things. I think it’s great that James is challenging himself in creating an indy/professional quality movie for his fans and himself. Keep up the hard work James. I wish you many continued successes and look forward to the movie when it’s released 🙂

• SvenMeier

January 17, 2012 at 11:21 pm

@fullersfrenzy they’re complaining about jame’s 200k dollard (a quite small budget in my opinion) and at the same moment they’re throwing away their money for the next of Michael Bay’s Transformers 3D Movies… HOW FUCKING STUPID YOU CAN BE?

• DashWilkinson

January 12, 2012 at 10:02 pm

I’m a 3d animator and would love to help 🙂

• DashWilkinson

January 13, 2012 at 12:22 am

Forgot to say I am also a damned good 3d modeler in 3ds max also 😛

• DashWilkinson

January 12, 2012 at 10:02 pm

I’m a 3d animator and would love to help 🙂

• DashWilkinson

January 13, 2012 at 11:10 pm

Hey James. I am a pretty damn good 3d animator and artist and in my 4th year in GAD (game animation design) I would love to help.

• Negri

January 14, 2012 at 11:24 am

Man this guy knows how to steal money legally.

• Negri

January 14, 2012 at 11:24 am

If a create a indigogo page will u donate to me aswell ? I want to buy a house and a car like he did.

• TommyO'Neil

January 14, 2012 at 12:26 pm

@Negri

Why are you even posting if you have nothing positive to say?

You obviously haven’t taken the time to notice that James has been making over a hundred AVGN videos for us for FREE, and he’s been doing a great job at it as well. His passion is to make films, and it’s clear to me he’s not a guy that’s gonna fuck us over. It’s pissing me off that I see more comments like this, because I met the guy in person, and based on my couple minutes with him, I know he wouldn’t steal our money. He’s already bought an HD camera with the money we’ve given him so far, so isn’t that some kind of proof?

• Mistertoast

January 15, 2012 at 5:02 pm

@TommyO’[email protected]

Feedest ye notte yon trolles.

• TommyO'Neil

January 15, 2012 at 5:27 pm

@Mistertoast
    I don’t quite understand you… Sorry.

• EZstatic

January 17, 2012 at 10:58 am

Is there anyoe from ILM listening right now, lol?

• SvenMeier

January 17, 2012 at 11:19 pm

I am a Filmmaker (Degree in Bachelor of Arts) and I can tell you 200k Dollar for a feature Film is NOTHING. Even cheap movies like machete have a 10 Million Dollar Budget. A normal student project of about 5 to 10 minutes length takes up to 12 months to create and costs up to 15’000 $ without even spending any money on a professional crew or equipment. So most of you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what they’re talking about. Thats maybe the downside of Jame’s cursing all the time: a lot of his fanbase is composited of dumb bastards who play too much World of Warcraft.

• SvenMeier

January 17, 2012 at 11:30 pm

Yeah James is such an evil guy… I mean he almost reaches Michael Bay… 4 REAL: you complaining here? You dumb idiots who pay money into EVERY CRAP MOVEY hollywood shiads out its ugly azz? Every guy who paid just 1 fukkin dollar on a ticket of a Jerry Bruckheimer Production and is complaining about the tiny 200k$ budget should simply eat his own excrements.

• Negri

January 19, 2012 at 3:10 am

Using our money for a road trip ? I told you he would use it for himself.

• Doogrisa

January 21, 2012 at 3:50 am

@Negri

He didnt use any money from the movie funds for his big move. James is kinda a big internet superstar ya know. Im pretty sure he has plenty of personal stash. Try keeping up with the updates he gives up. That might help.

• RhyanChapman

January 19, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Guys im 14 you guys are older and complaining like bitches. IF you think he is e begging then go look up how much a averedge movie costs. Sure he makes alot of money from his job but thats for his family and leisure. If he had no fan supported money then he would not be able to make the movie. Finally if you dont think the movie will be good dont see it. you cant say if something is good or bad until you have seen it

such douchebags some people never age…

• KaydenWaveharp

January 22, 2012 at 1:20 am

BAM

• January 23, 2012 at 10:04 am

• January 23, 2012 at 10:15 am

Name: Esteban Olide

Location: 3131 Knight St. Shreveport ,LA 71105

Email: [email protected]

Mobile: (979)-429-1583

Website: http://www.wix.com/esteban_olide/esteban-olide

Hello my name is Esteban Olide. I am a 3D Artist and 2D Compositor. I would really enjoy working on the film with you James . I have worked on such films as

Company: Millennium Studios/World Wide FX (currently)

Feature Films

The Mechanic (2011) – Digital Compositor

Drive Angry (2011)- Digital Compositor and Stereoscopic Conversion Conan

The barbarian (2011) – Digital Compositor

Trespass (2011) – Digital Compositor

Company: Meni Things Productions

“Anthro” 3D Animated Short (2009)

By Aristomenis Tsirbas, Director of the award winning animated feature Battle for Terra

I am proficient in the following software:

· Maya

· Lightwave

· Nuke

· Fusion

· After Effects

· Zbrush

· Adobe Photoshop

· Adobe premiere

· Motion Builder

· Newtek’s Speed Edit

I look forward to hearing from you.

STRAIGHT TO 2D COMPOSITING REEL: http://vimeo.com/30985730

STRAIGHT TO 3D DEMO REEL: http://www.vimeo.com/12562148

LINK TO MY WEBSITE: http://www.wix.com/esteban_olide/esteban-olide

LINKED-IN PROFILE: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/esteban-olide/20/9a7/7b7

IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4301470/

• StevenAnthonySkelly

January 25, 2012 at 11:04 am

Blast, I’ve been doing 3D models and such for about 4 years. However, my old computer broke down and I’m using a temp while I can afford a new one. This temp just isn’t up to the task though. Otherwise I’d love to do this for free (it’d look good on the C.V).

• mieko

February 4, 2012 at 2:21 am

What if you teamed up with frediew?

• GeofBOMB

February 6, 2012 at 6:56 am

@mieko that. would be. the tits.

• SingarjuKrishnachaitanya

February 9, 2012 at 12:21 am

This post is good in regards of both knowledge as well as information. Thanks for the post.

allindiainstitutions.com

• JaysonGeronca

February 11, 2012 at 7:36 am

This got me excited. The movie will actually have some serious production value!

Xbox Live Gold Membership (12 months) now available on G-Jays Productions: Game Zone!

(Wii, PS3, Xbox, and PC games and consoles also available.)

Visit G-Jays Productions at http://g-jays.blogspot.com/2012/02/g-jays-gameone.html

• King George the first