AVGN autograph memorabilia – Final month for fundraiser

James / January 3rd, 2012

With only one month left for the AVGN Movie fundraiser, we are raffling off some autographed items from my collection, for those who donate this month. It includes some games and props/clothing from the AVGN episodes. Go to our IndieGoGo page for more details, and as always, check the “updates” tab for the latest news.

Here’s a video of me signing them.

Here’s a lesson for anyone fundraising a movie. Wait for the new year. We’re getting killed with taxes. Will there be deductibles? Yes, we’re planning to spend every dollar of it to make the movie. But, we raised the money in 2011. We’re spending it in 2012, which means we have to give a large chunk of it to Uncle Sam.

This is a really hectic month for me. I’m getting ready to move to California for a few months. I’m bringing with me my car and my wife and cats, which means… cross country road trip! (We’re saving a lot of costs that way, and that’s personal anyway, has nothing to do with the movie funds.)

My last public appearance before I head west is Magfest. I’ll be back home in the summer, hopefully with all principle photography done by then and editing will begin.

Comments

• OlaviPössi

January 3, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Oh man im glad i donated 10 dollars 😀 money well spent

• KeithEllwood

January 3, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Awesome stuff!

• BradCunningham

January 3, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Wow, what an adventure! Lots of luck man to you and yours!

• Storm101

January 3, 2012 at 5:08 pm

If SOPA passes, how will it affect the movie?

• lyrical2k

January 3, 2012 at 5:26 pm

James is cool

• January 3, 2012 at 5:35 pm

I wish I had some holiday cash left over for this. I’ve been wanting to get something autographed by you.

• TomM

January 3, 2012 at 5:38 pm

The video itself is pretty badass. I’ll definitely be bidding/ doing the raffle! By the way, I know that my question probably won’t be answered because the site is busy, but does anyone know how the script and autograph are being sent? I just need to know if it will be sent to a PO box or not….Thanks in advance to anyone who can give me info. 🙂

• Elyjaah

January 3, 2012 at 5:56 pm

@TomM Quoting the fundraiser page:

” For $30, you’ll receive a Special Message from The Nerd, and a signed photo mailed directly to you.” As for the script, it only says they’ll send it out after the movie’s finished.

• Elyjaah

January 3, 2012 at 5:45 pm

My new year’s resolution was to stop gambling. Fuck that, risking 25 bucks for a signed copy of SMB3 is totally worth it. Probably gonna join some other raffles too once I can get around to actually check my account’s balance. Good luck with the movie!

• kaneda_bjf

January 3, 2012 at 6:32 pm

I would have thought reserving a couple of more unique pieces of memorabilia for ebay auctions would have been the way to go. But I guess this is a good idea too. I won’t lie and say ‘hell yeah, I’m gonna donate!’ – the fact of the matter is I have two kids and bills to pay. What I will offer is my best wishes for the project. Drive safe, enjoy shooting in Cali and don’t let the pressure build too high.

You can take comfort in the fact that that Motherfucker will keep us plenty entertained until you’re done.

• January 3, 2012 at 6:50 pm

My dream item would be a Philiips CD-I with all 3 Zelda games and every single one of them autographed by you, James. Er-, I mean Angry Video Game Nerd. No wait, scratch that. I want your VHS copy of Ricky 1 signed. I may be the only person on Earth who enjoyed that film. At least the one to make a 6 min condensred version on YouTube and will make a trailer for the film as soon as I can find a way to make a 60 second trailer. Yeah. Ricky 1 signed on the box and the cassette. That would be worth a $10-$15 bid.

• LandonHaggerty

January 3, 2012 at 8:20 pm

The Place in Seattle is called EMP, Experience Music Project.
    The Scifi museum is just The Seattle Scifi Museum

• gamez

January 3, 2012 at 9:43 pm

So Mike will be holding the fort while James is busy. Besides the movie review every Monday what other plans does Mike have for the site. Mike please give us an update

• JamesAVGN

January 3, 2012 at 10:20 pm

@gamez Mike will be continuing to do some videos. We’ll also be releasing old AVGN bonus features from the old DVD’s online for the first time, all the little behind the scenes extras, many which are nearly 6 years old now, so we decided the time is right. Also there’s about 5 un-released OverAnalyzers episodes still. And 6 un-released movie reviews (by me.) I’ll be posting webcasts of my progress on the film. And they’ll probably be other stuff too.

• pegasus187

January 4, 2012 at 12:26 am

@[email protected] So are you taking a break from AVGN videos as well, or are you still going to do those?

• ErichStevenson

January 4, 2012 at 5:52 am

@[email protected]@gamez I think he said sometime recently that he’d be taking an extended break from making more AVGN episodes so he could concentrate on the movie.

• Nexusflame

January 4, 2012 at 8:03 am

@[email protected]@[email protected] I have no issues with him taking a break from the AVGN episodes. It’ll just leave me hungry for when the movie actually comes out which I’ll devour with glee.

• JamesAVGN

January 4, 2012 at 12:55 pm

@[email protected]@[email protected] Between now and then, if I can get a quick AVGN out, I’ll try, but since the movie will be priority, the episodes are pretty much on a big break now. I’d hate to do a sub-par episode anyway. I didn’t think Bible Games 3 was all that good. I needed more time.

• TwistedSpeech

January 4, 2012 at 12:59 pm

@JamesAVGN I felt the same way. That episode almost seemed pointless because you covered all those games already anyways. And in case you missed it, that museum in Seattle is called The Experience Music Project. Happy 2012, James. I hope this is your most successful year yet. : )

• RhyanChapman

January 4, 2012 at 3:14 pm

James!!! Bible Games 3 was AWESOME! it was espicially funny seeing Baby Moses again lol @JamesAVGN @Nexusflame @ErichStevenson @pegasus187 @gamez

• pegasus187

January 4, 2012 at 7:49 pm

@[email protected]@[email protected]@gamez I liked it, but 2 was the best I think. ANd if your gonna do a AVGN and put some time into it, after the end of the Spielberg Games Episode, It has to be ET

• pegasus187

January 4, 2012 at 7:50 pm

@[email protected]@[email protected] and James, I wish you all the best in your Movie!

• TerrifyerX07

January 3, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Finally took the step to donating man, good luck James, figured i owe at least that much for the hours of entertainment you’ve provided me free of charge.

• TwistedSpeech

January 4, 2012 at 2:11 am

The museum in Seattle is The Experience Music Project.

• RhyanChapman

January 4, 2012 at 3:20 am

Your cats are awesome! espicially the white one

• Jungalope

January 4, 2012 at 4:12 am

Just wondering, is there any way to be entered for the SMB3 for donating $30? I want the autographed photo, but I want to be entered for the SMB3 raffle :S

• metalcommand

January 4, 2012 at 4:20 am

What is the tax percentage you’ll have to pay?

• Mako

January 4, 2012 at 6:22 am

I need a sega saturn for my collection. I think I’d win the jackpot if I got a signed copy and it actually worked.

• ValisHD

January 4, 2012 at 6:50 am

jason voorhees mask stands out for some reason

• Nexusflame

January 4, 2012 at 8:02 am

@ValisHD For me it was all the games in the background from the Board James videos.

• Nexusflame

January 4, 2012 at 8:01 am

California? man.. you should move out to oregon. Better state by far =)

• January 4, 2012 at 9:59 pm

@Nexusflame Plus the incentives for filming in Oregon are better than most states. Maybe with the exception of New Mexico.

• RhyanChapman

January 6, 2012 at 3:16 am

He is going to california because in one of his posts or i think his videos he says he is going to go see some of his freins from high school to help him out @Nexusflame

• RhyanChapman

January 4, 2012 at 11:05 am

Hey James i see your reading this on the watch thingy below!!!

• JeramieKruger

January 4, 2012 at 6:05 pm

With $200,000 dollars nearly raised in 2011… I can only imagine how much the Feds are fucking you in the ass. Such is the nature of our government, which thrives on taking things from its people. I wish you and your entire cast well James… And here is to hoping you can walk straight before shooting begins!

• RedVirtue

January 7, 2012 at 2:29 am

I’d like a chance to win the SNES. Where is it in the perks? Can’t wait to see this movie!

• January 7, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Good luck in California, i dont have founds to suport your movie (i earn about 22$ a day [yea..iam poor, but ppl form Bielarus rebulic earn even 6$ a day so iam quite lucky] but if u wanna some good polish vodka or beer just say. I gonna send some of this stuff :))

Once a again , good luck men.

P.S Huge kiss to M.F Mike, my girlfriend love him (iam a kind of jelous ^^)

• Ghostbusters

January 7, 2012 at 11:28 pm

Hey Everyone, I am writing a letter to my Bank asking them for a grant to donate to this cause. I have never done this before, but I heard banks will often contribute to charitable organizations and donations such as these if you write them a formal and convincing enough letter. Has anyone else tried this and had luck with this. If I have luck with this I might try seeking grants from other banks as well for this donation.

• Ghostbusters

January 7, 2012 at 11:29 pm

Hey everyone, I am writing a letter to my Bank asking them for a grant to donate to this cause. I have never done this before, but I heard banks will often contribute to charitable organizations and donations such as these if you write them a formal and convincing enough letter. Has anyone else tried this and had luck with this. If I have luck with this I might try seeking grants from other banks as well for this donation.

• JeannetteSzudzik

January 14, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Good luck in California James, Can’t wait for the AVGN movie

• kaiandamber

January 21, 2012 at 12:12 pm

im from england and want to donate the $30 but dont know if it will drain £30 from my account instead (which is more over here) any help please, james. love from kai and amber. also like to add plumbers dont wear ties is our favourite. You’re a legend.

• BenjaminOstermeier

January 26, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Interesting to see those props and also hear a bit of behind the scenes talk as well. I hope we see more of Kyle Justin in the future videos, and the movie as well. Haven’t seen that guy in a while.

• jafmania

January 27, 2012 at 8:04 am

Finally it is 2012 the decision making year for this release.