Nerd up!

James / December 22nd, 2011

I couldn’t think of a better heading. Anyway, I figured it was about time to give some kind of news.

INDIEGOGO FUNDRAISER

Thanks for all the donations towards getting the AVGN movie in production! You’ve been outstanding. Even for those that haven’t donated, I still feel your support. I know many are planning to see it when it comes out, so buying a ticket is still a big contribution.

My team that’s been helping with the fundraiser have been trying to email you all the thank you video. I hope you all got it, but I know they send it out in mass email on a weekly basis or so. So if you haven’t gotten it, sorry about that, I hope you get it soon.

The autographs, that’s the real big project. I signed over 2,000 so far, but none have been mailed out yet. We don’t have the manpower to send them out on a daily or even weekly basis, so the plan is to wait until the end of the fundraiser (February 2nd, Groundhogs Day) and then find a way to mail them all out in bulk. I’m real sorry we couldn’t send them out sooner. I was hoping you’d all have them by Christmas, but it didn’t work out that way.

For any updates, check out the IndieGoGo page. They’ve been updating about the status of all this kind of stuff. Just check the “updates” tab.

AVGN MOVIE PRE-PRODUCTION

Well, it’s happening. We’ve been breaking down the script, storyboards, all that stuff. Speaking with visual effects artists. We hope to get back to working on casting and location scouting soon, but there’s been a lot of more urgent preliminary work lately.

I’ll be filming the majority of the movie in California. I’ll be moving out there temporarily, starting in early January. Why California? 1) The east coast weather is too unpredictable. 2) We have some specific landscapes we need. 3) Most of our contacts live there, including my high school friends, Kevin Finn who wrote the film with me, and Sean Keegan, who is producing. We’ve all been working hard lately.

HOW WILL I BE ABLE TO SEE THE MOVIE?

That’s the most common question. It’ll do the independent thing, y’know. It’ll most likely tour in US cities, hopefully around the rest of the world too. Film festivals… That kind of deal. Then, eventually it’ll go on DVD. That’s how I see it going now at least.

STATUS OF WEB VIDEOS

Now that I’m getting closer to shooting the film, I’m going to have to devote myself to it 100%. But still, there’s going to be lots of videos on the site. Mike and I got it all planned out. In fact, a lot of the videos you’ve seen lately were shot several months ago, and I’ve just been working on the AVGN movie prep behind the scenes. The AVGN Episodes are the hardest thing to make. Even the shorter ones take a lot of scripting and careful editing to put together. This is time that would be taking away from the movie, so for the meantime, the AVGN episodes will be on halt. If I can still find a way to bring out some spontaneous AVGN content, I will. But the main priority is getting the movie shot. Let’s get this fucker in the can, man!

SOPA CONCERNS

It’s hard to ignore this topic right now. If the SOPA or Protect IP bill pass in the next year, some say it won’t affect sites like mine. Others say it will. Right now, it’s all a guessing game. But it won’t be “the end of Cinemassacre” as many of the emails I get say. I feel all your concerns, but if worse comes to worse, and I can no longer show film clips in my reviews, we’ll just have to change the format. We’ll still talk about movies, maybe in an unscripted podcast format. My main goal is making my own original movies, and that’s what I’ve always been doing before I started critiquing other movies. There’s no shortage of plans. Cinemassacre will go on.

MAGFEST

This is the last east coast convention I’ll be appearing at, before I head westbound. I’ll be there on the 6th and 7th of January. See here for more details.

That’s about it for now, hope you all have a nice holiday break!

Comments

• Chewbaca18

December 22, 2011 at 2:25 pm

It’s great that you are making progress on the movie. I can deal with not having any regular AVGN episodes until the movie is done. I really appreciate the work you do James. I’ve had many fun filled hours on your site and i don’t think i will ever stop coming here as long as you keep putting out the awesome stuff you do. I’m gonna try to donate at some point if i can. Thanks again for the awesome website and videos and i wish you luck with the AVGN movie.

• algifej

December 22, 2011 at 2:30 pm

You could still use servers in foreign countries, if SOPA affects your site. Many non-US websites are on US servers exactly because the laws are different there. Why couldn’t you do the same?

• JustinCruz

December 22, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Im glad to see you have such a huge future ahead of you, and it’s all finally coming to fruition! I’ll do whatever it takes to get my hands on that movie though! I can’t wait! As long as everyone ends up massively entertained in the end, no one can complain. Ha :D

• December 22, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Come on people, Nerd Up!!!!

• SeanLombard

December 22, 2011 at 2:55 pm

SOPA/PIPA would definitely affect your site and videos. You currently make money off of game footage that you use in your videos, and under SOPA or PIPA, those companies would shut you down since they’re not seeing any of that money. STOP SOPA. PIPA = SOPA

• sterling.treadwell

December 22, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Nerd up or Turd up? lol

Great to get a update on alll things you’ve been working on. If you get the chance, maybe slip us some storyboard drawings to check out (nothing too spoilery, of course) with you narrating. I am sure that’d be awesome to check out if you ever had the time during production… :) Otherwise.. good luck!

• YuL

December 22, 2011 at 5:27 pm

@sterling.treadwell Considering the epicness of this movie, anything James would show before the release or an actual trailer, would be major spoiler :D

• sterling.treadwell

December 22, 2011 at 5:30 pm

@YuL Oh I am sure there are establishing shots and other moments that are far from epic or spoilery. :) How else would he do a preview trailer for it?

But I don’t actually expect him to do what I suggested, it was more of a ‘wishful thinking’ idea.

• Dave423

December 22, 2011 at 3:44 pm

IF we dont get some AVGN soon we might drop off and not ever bother to order the AVGN Movie.

• LordMoe

December 22, 2011 at 3:44 pm

@Dave423 who’s “we”? speak for yourself.

• sterling.treadwell

December 22, 2011 at 3:56 pm

@Dave423 Dave did you even read this article? James has said at this point he is putting AVGN on hold. he says it here:

“The AVGN Episodes are the hardest thing to make. Even the shorter ones take a lot of scripting and careful editing to put together. This is time that would be taking away from the movie, so for the meantime, the AVGN episodes will be on halt.”

Sooo.. if you are making a threat, it’s totally pointless. If you are simply stating your opinion.. see you later.

• penguinsoldier

December 22, 2011 at 4:24 pm

@Dave423 Didn’t we get a Bible Games episode a week or so ago? And you’re complaining already??

• joeythatzme

December 22, 2011 at 4:24 pm

@Dave423 Okay… not true. I think it’s fine that he’s devoting his time to the movie. I love all the things he does. I wouldn’t care if he didn’t 10 second movie reviews.

• TommyO'Neil

December 22, 2011 at 4:55 pm

@Dave423 You’re unreasonable and don’t deserve to be here. Get lost.

• supermangaz

December 22, 2011 at 5:04 pm

@Dave423 Please do us all a favour and “drop off” already. Like Tommy mentioned, you don’t deserve to be here. Oh, and go f*ck yourself.

• Erwinator

December 22, 2011 at 5:41 pm

@Dave423 Watch some old AVGN-episodes.

They are still fun and awesome after three or more times.

• jimmyeatsquaids

December 23, 2011 at 7:15 am

@Erwinator@Dave423 lately I’ve been watching the older AVGN episodes with my girlfriend while having breakfast, because she didn’t know anything about the AVGN episodes; now it’s like a ritual every morning and she loves them ^^

oh and dave it’s really poor to threaten james into making AVGN episodes…not only is it pointless, but it’s an insult to james’ hard work to keep us entertained…for free!

• canucksfan1993

December 22, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Cool Your Sending out the Posters on my Bday (Feb 2nd) wish i donated so i could get a Signed poster :(

Cant Wait For the Movie Tho

• KeithEllwood

December 22, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Thanks for the update! I am for sure going to donate right this minute! :)

• SmarteeMaxBennett

December 22, 2011 at 5:16 pm

Hope to you when you finally start.

If SOPA makes them take down your site, God knows what I’ll do…

• MrPWNGER

December 22, 2011 at 5:22 pm

so, we won’t see the AVGN movie in theaters? Like Showplace? We will just have to see it in film festivals? I have no problem with that, but that means it won’t be known as much as it should be. It should be known as the best movie ever! Which it will be, but with huge fundraiser, you would think that it would be in theaters. Or am I just being a freaking retard and not understand anything?

• JamesAVGN

December 22, 2011 at 5:49 pm

@MrPWNGER Well thank you, but the best way I can explain it is that the movie simply does not have a multi-million dollar budget. Not yet anyway.

• MrPWNGER

December 23, 2011 at 4:46 am

@JamesAVGN Your right. I am probably just overacting. Whether it’s shown at a fancy movie theater or at a film festival, it will be enjoyed by everyone. Good luck James with the production of the movie and shooting all of that stuff. Because with it, you’ll have yourself the biggest and best movie in the ultraverse!! The Kingdom of Nerdom depends on it!!!

• sterling.treadwell

December 22, 2011 at 5:50 pm

@MrPWNGER considering James’s budget to make the movie is like pocket change for what the advertising and distribution costs would be for a theatrical release.. I’m thinking you are giving James a bit too much credit. :) I’d love to see it happen.. but honestly.. it’s lucky to anyone who sees it in a film festival.

!! ack james beat me to it.. lol

• StefanoPavone

December 22, 2011 at 6:00 pm

What I’m curious about is how will the movie be released? I’m assuming DVD (obviously) but will it be available on Blu-ray for High Definition lovers like me? And will it be released in the UK (where I live), or will I have to get my video copy from the US?

• FullMoonHowl

December 22, 2011 at 6:04 pm

i assume it will be region 0 like the rest of his DVD’s @StefanoPavone

• StefanoPavone

December 22, 2011 at 6:05 pm

@FullMoonHowl The DVD’s are Region 0!? My God, what’s been keeping me from getting them, then? :) (Joke)

• JamesAVGN

December 22, 2011 at 6:41 pm

@StefanoPavone@FullMoonHowl Most likely it’ll be on BluRay too. We’re shooting HD so I don’t see why not.

Yeah, what’s the point of region code? I never understood that. Just so people would have to buy it twice if they move to another country? So no, I would never do that to my own DVD’s. You buy’em anywhere in the world. It’s yours to watch.

• StefanoPavone

December 22, 2011 at 6:42 pm

@JamesAVGN@FullMoonHowl Thank you, sir! :)

• JohnStiles

December 22, 2011 at 7:43 pm

@JamesAVGN Please make sure to release a Blu-ray! DVDs look so fuzzy on big TVs. And heck, you can charge $5 more for a Blu-ray of the exact same movie.

• Doom

December 23, 2011 at 1:25 pm

@JamesAVGN The idea is that disc releases can be staggered around the world, maximising marketing opportunities and, of course, Hollywood profits.

• TomLincoln

December 24, 2011 at 8:17 am

@JamesAVGN@StefanoPavone@FullMoonHowl

That’s where we, as loyal viewers, come in to play. We have to promote the shit out of this film and get it the recognition it deserves!!!

• JayRam

December 22, 2011 at 6:03 pm

Thanks for the heads-up. I’ll be grabbing a copy once the movie is released.

Where in particular do you plan on shooting in California?

• KevanGant

December 22, 2011 at 6:04 pm

NERD UP!!

Good luck with the move and getting this film started, can’t wait to see it!

Merry Christmas James and all you guys at Cinemassacre!

• MrGAWG

December 22, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Hello James, greetings from Malta! I’m a big fan and I’ve been following you for over 2 years now. Really enjoy all of your material but AVGN is tops and I ended up buying all your DVDs. I wish you a lot of luck for your movie and I plan to donate sometime in January once my financial position improves a bit.

If I may offer a suggestion: most, if not all, of the people that’ll want to watch this movie will be AVGN fans so you should try to push your game reviews as much as possible during your publicity drive to expand your AVGN fanbase in 2012. I’d suggest trying to release a few more eps during pre-production to give new fans fresh material to watch while they wait for the movie to come out. I know that it’ll be awfully demanding to fight on two AVGN fronts but I think that pimping your portfolio is the best way to go in the indie circuit.

• elcalvo

December 22, 2011 at 6:13 pm

James, I don’t know how do you cope with all this stuff, but hopefully it won’t make your acting suck on the movie. I know you are not an actor, but you can do a good job for this character, as proven in many of your videos (not all though…). Also, please be careful with the casting and don’t be nice if someone doesn’t work 100% for the project. I don’t know, maybe it’s sounds kind of silly to ask for these things…but I think they are important.

• OfficialJab

December 22, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Find some bullshit things out in California to call bullshit on. An ongoing series of those will help keep everyone who doesn’t understand cool about the lack of AVGN episodes.

• CollinWahlund

December 27, 2011 at 1:19 am

@OfficialJab You can’t possibly NOT find things to call bullshit on in California. He’d never get the movie done if he had to count them all. :)

• December 22, 2011 at 6:49 pm

I hope for the DVD then. I don’t think that your film will reach Italy XD

And I seriously hope that the SOPA wouldn’t pass…

I will wait for my autographed picture and keep up the good work.

You’re truly amazing ^_^

• KeithEllwood

December 22, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Awesome! The donation went through great! I hope it’s shown in Toronto. If not, I will wait to buy the DVD. For all the free entertainment on this wonderful site .. it was the least I can do. I encourage all fans to do the same! Old school 4 life!

• nerdyguy64

December 22, 2011 at 7:09 pm

great to see it all coming together now….. hope you have a good holiday James…. cya in 2012… hopefully the world wont end at the end of the year…, titties.

• PaulNodskov

December 22, 2011 at 7:12 pm

I’m going to try and lobby the local indie theater to show the movie when it comes out.

• DanielHurst

December 22, 2011 at 7:15 pm

James as long as your not reviewing “pirated” movies you have nothing to worry even if SOPA passes which I honestly don’t see how it can. Good luck with the movie

• StanLander

December 22, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Hey James please check this out!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJIuYgIvKscturns out the companies promoting SOPA also promoted filesharing for years, pass it on

• EverythingMan62

December 22, 2011 at 7:48 pm

What city in california are you moving to?

• DJNIGHTTERROR

December 22, 2011 at 8:44 pm

California? This movie needs a cameo from Keith Apicary!

• RossbossTx

December 22, 2011 at 8:44 pm

just watched “the best worst movie on netflix” please consider george hardy for a part, for there is no way it wouldn’t work for you.

• December 22, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Cawifornia

• mrsoandso

December 22, 2011 at 9:31 pm

your not leaving Philly forever are you your like the only famous person in PA……anyways good luck

• JeramieKruger

December 22, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Well Mike.. the future of Cinemassacre is now in your hands. No pressure, or anything. And you may have to do less motherfucking in order to get us routine updates… I hope this is a sacrifice you are willing to make. :D

Continue to fight the good fight.

Your Friend,

J. D. Kruger

• CodyLeinart

December 22, 2011 at 10:17 pm

James – you fucking rock man,

I hope everything goes smoothly in the coming months/year, hopefully the SOPA bullshit will die before it gets approval,I hope so…..

AVGN for the win :)

• Lady Lolita

December 22, 2011 at 10:31 pm

James–

Wow, I don’t know what to say. I’m proud that you and the Cinemassacre team are finally taking this big step, and making your first feature film. But, at the same time, I’m nervous for you, too, because I have no idea how it’s going to turn out. Nonetheless, I still applaud you guys for taking the risk anyway, I’m not sure if I would do that if I were in the same situation.

Mike–

I miss you, and I know I pissed you off. In fact, I pissed all of you off, for that matter. I’m very sorry for that, and up until then, I haven’t had the courage to really say so.

Stephanie–

I miss you the most. In fact, I participated in this thing called the Sketchbook Project, and dedicated my sketchbook to you. It just got sent to the Brooklyn Art Library.

Merry Christmas!

Jordan Blossey

• ManWithAHarmonica

December 22, 2011 at 11:23 pm

I have mixed feelings about SOPA honestly. It seems like if the internet was no longer a place where clip shows and vLogs based around clips were so freaking marketable and ubiquitous, it would force content creators to either step up their game to create something really worth watching instead of aspiring to be like the rest of the YouTube crowd, which would, in turn, force viewers to watch top-par content instead of settling for less. James is among the top tier of online content creators, and I know for a fact that if SOPA passes, Cinemassacre would really rise to the challenge, because we’ve already seen James do just that without the government shutting down the internet. I just wish the rest of the YouTube crowd would do the same, because it’s woeful that genuinely talented people fall by the wayside while hacks like Shane Dawson are handed deals and contracts like they’re Orson Welles in the 1930s. Before he shot himself in the foot by taking on William Randolph Hearst.

• Devil_Rising

December 24, 2011 at 10:17 pm

@ManWithAHarmonica Yes. But for instance, no more AVGN would be terrible. Also, no more REAL “Monster Madness” every year, which would also suck, because he couldn’t even use clips or maybe even pics from the movies he’s talking about anymore. It wouldn’t be the same then. No more Board James. No more Overanylisers. You get the picture. The possibilities alone are what could be truly awful for a LOT of the internet. Youtube would go down the toilet fast. I don’t know about you, but most of the stuff I check out on Youtube is NOT “original user content”, typically shot on someone’s webcam.

• ryanooo

December 23, 2011 at 12:19 am

Hey is there anywhere I can contact you guys about possible PA work on the film if you need it? I live in LA and I need work badly on my resume.

• TheZaius

December 23, 2011 at 1:54 am

Get that fucker in the can! DO IT! Just UNGH, RIGHT IN THE CAN!

Yeah!

• BheemaDaCashman

December 23, 2011 at 2:05 am

That is an excellent update. I want to see this movie. I hope you get the movie shown in Denver or Colorado Springs, because I’m in Boulder, CO (Hippie Liberal Nut Town) and I typically get shafted at seeing indie films that I actually want to see. If you could get them to a Boulder film festival I would do whatever you want that isn’t sexual.

• kaneda_bjf

December 23, 2011 at 4:39 am

Good luck with the shoot. The most promising aspect of your production is your unwavering enthusiasm for the project. I’m hopeful that the AVGN movie will have the same ‘out of left field’ success as movies like Wayne’s World and Clerks.

I wish you and your crew all the success in the world, James. You guys have certainly earned it. Thanks for the update, and to quote you directly – get this fucker in the can.

• CraigEvans

December 23, 2011 at 6:47 am

I like in the UK and I want nothing more than to see this on a big screen. There’s nothing more memorable than that. Will you post the listings? And how soon do you expect the film to be released? Merry Christmas and good luck with the rest of the production, I’m looking forward to seeing your work.

• Fei Wong

December 23, 2011 at 9:17 am

You know what? i’ve only read the first paragraph but i’m donating now, i’m buying that motherfucking ticket with my fucking money, you earned it, for entertaining me so many years, you nerd, you bastard nerd!!!

• RossWilson

December 23, 2011 at 9:20 am

also a resident of the UK and hope for a way to see it here, so i’ll keep my fingers crossed for that possibility

• Fei Wong

December 23, 2011 at 9:23 am

I live in Spain, i would love to see the fucking James in the big screen here too!

• Kuroial

December 23, 2011 at 10:07 am

You HAVE to come here to the Venice Film Festival ;)

• JoshuaDeanMonette

December 23, 2011 at 11:45 am

Hey James, hey Mike. I don’t know if you will have the time out of your busy days to check this out, but this is the answer James was looking for on the Zelda timeline, Nintendo finally answered. This is the translation of the the 25th anniversary book Nintendo released in Japan, with the official timeline= http://www.zeldauniverse.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/zelda_timeline.jpg

• ZidaneTribal

December 23, 2011 at 11:55 am

Wait, it will not be in theaters?

• Charlotte74

December 23, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Its hard to ignore this kind of topic..this time..I really appreciate this post..Thanks for sharing..

• elamigodetumama

December 23, 2011 at 12:20 pm

i hope that a film festival here in México show this movie if not i will wait until the DVD/BLU-RAY release :/

• cloob1

December 23, 2011 at 12:43 pm

I’m appreciative that you are able to do ANYTHING while you are filming. Many thanks to Mike and the rest of your team for keeping the site rolling. But dude, make this movie fuckin’ epic because I’m really looking forward to it. I’ll travel to find a theater that’s playing it!

• Freddy20_

December 23, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Great to hear about everything that’s going on! (And I like the heading)

I don’t mind that you take a halt with the nerd episodes, cause I know it’s for the movie (and I really like the other videos a little more, to be honest.)

And don’t feel afraid to just sit down with Mike for 20 minutes and talk about random stuff and film that, it’s more entertaining than you might think :)

And yes, region coding is, say it with me, bullshit!

• December 23, 2011 at 3:46 pm

James, you ship internationally for the autographs right? i dont recall reading it now in the Indiegogo webpage.

• flyttgubbe

December 23, 2011 at 6:40 pm

Thanks for the update man! checking your webpage everyday awaiting news from your upcoming movie. im drunk right now and from sweden so sorry for the poor language skills. Happy christmas!

• christburner

December 23, 2011 at 7:15 pm

i think i can safely speak for all the fans when i say we are behind you 110% you owe us nothing and we are forever grateful for the ridiculous amount of joy you bring with your movies/videos. thank you! the full length is gonna rock balls

• federikotozzi

December 23, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Let it know, let the word be known…. the AVGN Movie will be fuckin Awesome!!

• Snarf101

December 23, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Yay! Can’t wait to see you at magfest man! :D

• ROCKYKILLU

December 23, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Cannot wait to see the movie James! God bless you and the future movie you are working very hard on!

• December 23, 2011 at 10:54 pm

Does this mean the last episode of AVGN was going to be it for a while, or will there be one more coming and thats the last one?

• ObelixCzech

December 24, 2011 at 12:11 am

As for the festival screenings – I would love to see you and your film at “Festival Fantazie” (Fantasy Fest) here in Czech Republic. It’s the traditional biggest fantasy/game/anime/and overall “nerd” con in central Europe. If you would consider this opportunity, I would be more than glad to provide the movie with czech subtitles – as I’m subtitling your videos for your czech community fanbase already. Also hope that my small contribution on indiegogo helped and wish you all MERRY FU*KING CHRISTMAS!!!

• MelTheofficegamergirl

December 24, 2011 at 1:10 am

Hey, if you stop in Phoenix on your way to Cali let me know, I can show you around. :)

• Doogrisa

December 24, 2011 at 1:51 am

Drive safe James because “Mickey loves ya.”

• greyler

December 24, 2011 at 2:34 am

you should show it at sundance! i live in park city, so that’d be awesome

• Toblakai

December 24, 2011 at 4:03 am

“hopefully around the rest of the world too”. And i so hope this includes germany as well! :P If not yeah….., i am gonna be sad and many people more! :P

• SunsetLaw

December 24, 2011 at 11:20 am

@Toblakai Totally on your side, otherwise we germans have to wait for the dvd ~_~

• 19Szabolcs91

December 24, 2011 at 9:19 am

Bring the movie to Hungary please :)

• zhekazlo

December 24, 2011 at 11:24 am

I hope the movie reaches our fucking Russia. Cause i donated 10$ and i would like to see it as soon as it starts goin’.

• zhekazlo

December 24, 2011 at 11:25 am

Yeah, and i didn’t get any video.

• MrGAWG

December 24, 2011 at 2:58 pm

AVGN Vol V arrived today! Just in time for Christmas! w00t!!!

• Elsexmo

December 24, 2011 at 8:27 pm

James, PLEASE RELEASE THE FILM FOR DIGITAL DOWNLOAD maybe for $7.99, you have an audiance outside of the US and Film Festivals.

• Elsexmo

December 24, 2011 at 8:28 pm

James, PLEASE RELEASE THE FILM FOR DIGITAL DOWNLOAD maybe for $5 or so, you have an audiance outside of the US and Film Festivals.

• sterling.treadwell

December 25, 2011 at 10:46 am

@Elsexmo I dunno man.. His 5th dvd release hasn’t flooded the torrent scene yet, though I am sure it will. By tossing it on digital download he pretty much hands it over to people to distribute and pirate all over the web. If he doesn’t do a digital download at least there is a longer gap before it ends up that way. I figure eventually if it is out there pirated to hell eventually, then yeah at that point a digital download might as well become available..

Or maybe toss it on hulu plus. :) Get a bigger audience.

• Elsexmo

December 27, 2011 at 10:25 am

@sterling.treadwell@Elsexmo Maybe just one of em streaming deals , where ya can only stream the movie. Pay the $5 and have unlimited streaming for the next 5 months of the movie or whatever. (People can still buy DVD of it). Hulu is USA only (isn’t it??) :P so don’t do that.- and yes I know you can prob hax the movie out of ya cache etc, but it’l still limit the accessibility of the raw file/content to ya average punterAlso James clearly has a fan base which respects him and have donated a considerable amount in goodwill for this movie to be made, I’m sure more than enough people will pay to see it out of respect.. Like Lious C.K recent stand up($200,000 opening week) or the Jake and Amir 30 minute special!New business model that works without having to do bullshit staggered worldwide distribution which to me seems like a lot higher risk. (although less cool for the producers of the content) James , Think about it!!!! http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/digital-living/6153231/Comedians-online-experiment-a-success

• KeithEllwood

December 24, 2011 at 11:33 pm

This movie is gonna be fantastic! Just the description itself sounds so hilarious! Man, it’s great to see this happening! What an accomplishment. Cheers to James!

• BearKiller

December 25, 2011 at 1:55 am

I can’t wait to see the movie! You guys are awesome and I know this whole thing will go off better than you could ever imagine. Keep up the hard work and know you have my support, as well as thousands of others! :D

• HeidiPoe

December 25, 2011 at 11:23 am

Good luck, James!

• paptschik

December 25, 2011 at 3:26 pm

I already hate living in this godforsaken country of mine because even if you go on a worldwide tour, I just don’t expect you to stop in Vienna. So damn. I will however get the DVD, at least that’s for sure.

• GJsoft

December 26, 2011 at 9:51 am

@paptschik You think Austria is a “godforsaken country”? Oh, you silly people with your silly first world problems.

• paptschik

December 27, 2011 at 9:32 am

@GJsoft@paptschik Well, almost godforsaken. We’re positioned really well, but we’re so tiny that nobody cares to come here. We’re like Germany’s lesser cousin that nobody cares about and where you can’t even get Mountain Dew. We’re lucky that sometimes celebreties WANT to come here for reasons of sightseeing. :)

• GJsoft

December 27, 2011 at 10:51 am

@paptschik Well, this may not mean a lot to you, but I’ve visited Austria a few times (and am contemplating moving over to Vienna for school) and I found Szb, Vienna and Graz one of my favorite european cities(especially History and Architecture-wise).Nostalgia Critic visited Vienna 2 years in a row for a convention and he really enjoyed it (except the hotel, heh).So there’s still hope. Never lose hope :’D

• AronLarssonShaghoie

December 27, 2011 at 9:00 pm

@paptschik Sweden doesn’t have Mountain Dew either… It sucks..

• paptschik

December 27, 2011 at 10:56 pm

@GJsoft I know about the critic. We’re just lucky a few guys of Aninite are fans and actually wanted to get guests (in all the years before NC first was there i can’t remember aninite EVER having guests…I do hope they’ll invite James at some point, would be a good chance to have a public showing…so yeah, never too late to give up hope!)

• paptschik

December 27, 2011 at 10:57 pm

@AronLarssonShaghoie Totally! That stuff is SO good, I don’t get why it’s not available everywhere and hugely popular. Same with Twinkies.

• CollinWahlund

December 27, 2011 at 1:15 am

James, if you’re shooting in So. Cal, you MUST include the Cabazon dinosaurs, they’re maybe an hour out of L.A. towards Phoenix / desert shooting locations, so worth it.

If you couldn’t find a joke with those between the Wizard and Large Marge, I’d be shocked.

• Calavera

December 27, 2011 at 6:26 am

Really James, people have GAVE you over $187,000 and you can’t even find the time to send out their autographed pictures? Dude that is shitty and you know it. How about you take the list of addresses and send like 50 a day? Or even like 20 a day, that wouldn’t be a lot but at least 20 people a day would be getting what they paid for then at the end you could work out a way to send the remaining ones which would be much much less and easier if you would send a little at a time. Instead you are like eh fuck it, we’ll wait until the fundraiser is over and I have all the money. Cause then even if you don’t send them out, what the hell can anybody do about it? You’ve made a cool 200 grand, fuck the donators. It’s bad enough you’re begging all your fans to make YOUR movie, but now you can’t even give them the piddly ass little rewards for donating. $30 is a lot of money for an autographed picture of some guy on the internet. People paid you $30 for an autographed picture and you can’t even take the time to send the damn things? So far 1750 people have donated $30 for an autographed picture, that is $53,100. Over 50 fucking grand GIVEN to you, 50 GRAND just for a worthless autographed picture of yourself. If people gave me over $50,000 for autographed pictures of me, I would spend all day long signing them and mailing them out. Hell I’d even write each person a personalized thank you letter for that kind of money. You are pathetic James, it seems more and more like you are just scamming your fans for money. If you can’t even take the time to send the pictures, I can just see how the movie is gonna end up. “Thank you for all your donations, unfortunately at this time the AVGN movie will be put on hold” Meanwhile you are living it up on your fans $200,000. Then what about the 547 people that donated for the picture and the copy of the script, if you can’t even send out a picture then you’re really not going to want to have to make that many copies of the script never mind that those 547 people have GIVEN you $27,350. You are very disappointing James, to me for $30 an autographed picture of you isn’t much of an incentive, but the fact that you are too damn lazy to even send them out just blows my mind. Screw the AVGN movie, you got these fools to give you $200,000 now you can live it up!

• tylermolander

December 27, 2011 at 8:16 am

@Calavera I think most would agree working on the actual movie is higher priority than getting a trinket or two. If we all support James, he’ll be more than paying everyone back with an awesome movie. I would think that people would donate to help out not get a picture, it’s just a plus. So I suggest cut the negativity cause it’s counterproductive. I want James to do well and even though he may get bombarded with negative comments all the time, I feel I must respond to this negative comment by saying that I think that if James sticks with his fans, he might help start a whole new brand of film and has done so to an extent already. So we should all focus on creating and supporting those who create and not worry about a picture, just be pleasantly surprised when it comes in the mail some day. I say all this because James doesn’t deserve to feel bad for working so hard.

Keep up the good work!

• chma

December 27, 2011 at 9:04 am

@Calavera So you really think all the people who donated money would like to see James sit around signing and mailing pictures of himself all day rather than make the movie they donated to help fund? This kind of comments really grind my gears. You seem to like throwing numbers and all sorts of accusations around and acting like a complete douche. Also, why the fuck would anyone want a signed picture of your ugly mug? What have you ever contributed to or done? There’s your difference.

• sterling.treadwell

December 27, 2011 at 9:33 am

@Calavera I actually can understand why James hasn’t sent out the photo’s yet. I mean he did state he’s signed over 2,000 pictures, but from working at a Kinko’s center for a few years, I am well aware of what is involved with mass mailings. Not only does he need to have those pictures signed but then they have to be stuffed in 2,000 envelopes, and then each envelope has to be slapped with a label for each recipient(and of course someone has to print out all those mailing labels) and seal each envelope. James is looking to get the movie started, this is a lot of man hours to set aside and he has said, they don’t have the manpower to pull it off. Not to mention the cost of the envelopes, the printing labels, and the postage for all these. It would cut into the current budget.

It may seem lik e” Oh whats a few hundred bucks when you earned almost 200 grand” but this is a full movie production, every cost has to be tracked and minimized. I am betting James will squeeze every dollar to it’s breaking point to make the movie look and feel as great as it should despite lacking a really hefty budget.

It would be kool to see James host a volunteer work day where fans can come and meet him and donate a couple hours each to stuff/sticky/seal envelopes for all these photo’s. But that requires proximity and I am unsure there’s that many of his fans in his area. This also would mean having a place to set up shop and work, which might require an attendance hall or conference room at a hotel (which.. costs MONEY). So realistically.. unless a fan had access to a decent space to let it happen, and James was willing to give some time to both sign more pictures and get more labels printed and stuff.. it is something tht will have to wait until the end of the fundraiser to complete so that it can be done in one huge push. Even if he sent them all out now, as more donate he’d have to do this all over again anyhow.

I don’t think James is trying to scam everyone, but when you are writing, directing, producing, promoting and starring in a movie you have a lot of hats to fill. And this means a LOT of prioritizing to make it work and preserve your sanity. James… has his work cut out for him. It is his biggest venture to date and I suspect he will be feeling like he is in WAY over his head soon enough (if he hasn’t already).

Don’t consider the donation drive as people pushing to get their respective picture and script. Think of it as fans supporting a movie they think will be awesome, giving back to the hundreds of free hours of work James has done to entertain them, and a chance to be part of something bigger.

• sterling.treadwell

December 27, 2011 at 9:33 am

You sound like one of the many fans that seems to think James owes you something, or owes his fans everything. I can’t disagree more, I’ve seen him show appreciation for help and support every step of his time on the net, he hasn’t shit on his fans yet (unless they wanted him to, lol). He shows his thanks both verbally and by creating more. He has said originally the AVGN was a one off joke and he didn’t consider doing more until he saw how rabid and popular it was. He didn’t get to 100 episodes just for the hell of it, he did it because his fans continued to support him and spread the word. So if ever all of his fans walk away and stop taking interest in his stuff, I am sure you’ll see a LOT of changes here, and likely the end of an era of AVGN.

You don’t likes Jame’s plan? well that’s fine, give him a new better plan, but if you don’t have oe that takes into account all factors and is realistically possible to implement, fuck off and let the man get the job done. He’s got a Volcano to stop.

• maddmax

December 27, 2011 at 10:00 am

@Calavera u sir are a dill hole

• maddmax

December 27, 2011 at 10:02 am

@Calavera U sir, are a complete dill hole. go f urself. you would go out of your way to write a shitty comment like this? please go crawl back into the sewer you came from you turd.

• AhmadItani

December 27, 2011 at 7:49 pm

@Calavera I’d much rather get the movie done and done right then worry about thank yous, cuz if the movie sucks, no one will have wanted to donate

• AronLarssonShaghoie

December 27, 2011 at 8:58 pm

@Calavera

James is not the problem, the mail is. Read the damn thing.

• n3

December 27, 2011 at 11:58 pm

@Calavera

You have a problem, dont come to the site. You have no right to come to a hard working man’s website, and right an essay insulting him. He is busy making the movie that created the reason for the pictures. If you came to the site in the first place, you want entertainment from James. Don’t get mad at him for taking time to make the entertainment you freakin came for!

• hankjones

December 28, 2011 at 5:11 am

@Calavera

• hankjones

December 28, 2011 at 5:17 am

@Calavera hey it’s calavera again. he is unemployed so he has no idea about hard work. he’s one of those nosey busy bodies who thinks other people’s jobs are easy. he also craves attention and the only way to get it is to make complaints like this. he’s got nothing else going for him. he’s as bad as Jonesy.

• dafater

December 28, 2011 at 6:52 am

@Calavera dude, where is the dislike button when you need it?

• Frank Black Francis

December 29, 2011 at 12:20 am

@dafater@Calavera OH man, you fanboys ARE REALLY ASSHOLES!!!!!!!!!, WHAT CALAVERA SAYS IS RIGHT!!!!!, HOW DO YOU THINK THE MOST INFLUENTIAL MEN IN THE WORLD GET MONEY?????, FOR TELLING FAIRY TALES TO LITTLE GIRLS????, OF COURSE THOSE 200, 000 ARE JUST FUCKING SCAMMED, IT IS YOU FANBOYS WHO ARE DECEIVED TO EVEN THINK FOR YOURSELVES, YOU ARE ALL THE SAME, YOU DO NOT DARE TO SPEAK TO JAMES LIKE THE ASSHOLE HE IS, DOING WHATEVER THE FUCK HE WANTS, WHEN HE WANTS, HOWEVER HE WANTS IT FROM YOU, BECAUSE YOU ARE TOO FUCKING BUSY SUCKING HIS COCK IN YOUR MOUTHS,ANY FUCKING ASSHOLE IN THE WORLD KNOWS THAT 200, 000 IS WAYYYYYYYY TOO MUCH FOR AN INDEPENDENT MOVIE,AND NOPE, I DON’T CARE WHAT YOU SAY, I AM NOT TAKING BULLSHIT FROM FANBOYS.

• JeremyAnimeniac

December 27, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Awesome I’m really glad that you will be filming in California because I was afraid I wouldn’t have a chance to maybe be an extra or something in it but I hope when you guys start that you list the locations in California because I’d love to be an extra at least

• dafater

December 28, 2011 at 6:51 am

Dude, i hope you would come to san francisco!

• Leek

December 28, 2011 at 2:46 pm

I have a bit of a problem, now. I am moving away from my current address, but I don’t know of a way to change where my “perk” is sent. Is there anything I can do about this? Mike? James?

• ErichStevenson

December 29, 2011 at 5:56 am

@Leek Go talk to the post office for help. I’m sure there’s a way to have the mail forwarded to your new address.

• Leek

December 29, 2011 at 12:47 pm

@ErichStevenson That may be my best bet, though my new address is in another country. Perhaps I’ll have it sent to a friend or my mother in the U.S. for her to send it to me after it arrives.

• stlramsfan10

December 28, 2011 at 9:11 pm

James, you are pathetic. Your Youtube channel is absolute shit because it has motherfucker mike all over it who isn’t close to being funny and movie reviews we don’t care about. All your fans want is to see AVGN. I don’t care about some movie, movie reviews, board james, or anything else. I just want the old AVGN back. Now you have started to sellout and your popularity on youtube and overall is way down. and i cant believe that you couldnt even try and send out the pictures to donations. also u got 200,000 dollars from donations, which is a ton. all your fans get is a fucking piece of shit signed photo? thats bullshit. we deserve better. we are the ones that made you famous, so we deserve more. im done watching your shitty ass videos now because they aren’t remotely funny, you sellout by selling t shirts, making a movie, asking for donations like a poor ass boy, and putting ads all over your videos. FUCK YOU JAMES

• FullMoonHowl

December 28, 2011 at 10:11 pm

@stlramsfan10 Thanks for stopping by. No go fuck off, nobody gives a shit on what you think. go back to watching the shitty ass irate gamer.

• jooneo

December 28, 2011 at 11:00 pm

@stlramsfan10

stramsfan10, you are pathatic. Your complaint is absolute shit because there’s ton’s of other people enjoying motherfucker mike. Not all of Cinemassacre’s fans only want the old AVGN, but if YOU do, go watch the old episodes. Many other fans care about the movie reviews, board james, and much more. I just want you to stop sounding so stuck up, because you don’t know everything. Now James is making one of his biggest and most anticipated project, and Cinemassacre is still expanding. And I can’t believe that you couldn’t even think of legitimate complaints to say. Also, It’s not you alone who got James the 200,000 dollar by donations, which is a ton compared to what YOU gave him. After all his hard work, all James gets is a piece of shit complaint? That’s bullshit. James deserves better. James is the one who made himself famous with his hard work, which you don’t seem to know anything about. I’m done reading your shitty ass troll of a paragraph, because it isn’t funny, and it isn’t smart. The keyword here is donation, because by definition that means the receiver is not expected to give anything back in return. All these people donated with their own free will like a very generous and grateful fans they are. FUCK YOU STLRAMSFAN10

Oh, and HAPPY MOTHERFUCKING NEW YEAR.

• jooneo

December 28, 2011 at 11:05 pm

stramsfan10, you are pathatic. Your complaint is absolute shit because there’s ton’s of other people enjoying motherfucker mike. Not all of Cinemassacre’s fans only want the old AVGN, but if YOU do, go watch the old episodes. Many other fans care about the movie reviews, board james, and much more. I just want you to stop sounding so stuck up, because you don’t know everything. Now James is making one of his biggest and most anticipated project, and Cinemassacre is still expanding. And I can’t believe that you couldn’t even think of legitimate complaints to say. Also, It’s not you alone who got James the 200,000 dollar by donations, which is a ton compared to what YOU gave him. After all his hard work, all James gets is a piece of shit complaint? That’s bullshit. James deserves better. James is the one who made himself famous with his hard work, which you don’t seem to know anything about. I’m done reading your shitty ass troll of a paragraph, because it isn’t funny, and it isn’t smart. The keyword here is donation, because by definition that means the receiver is not expected to give anything back in return. Yet James is doing what he can, despite his busy schedules, to show appreciation. All these people donated with their own free will like the very generous and grateful fans they are. FUCK YOU STLRAMSFAN10

Oh, and HAPPY MOTHERFUCKING NEW YEAR.

@stlramsfan10

• sterling.treadwell

December 28, 2011 at 11:32 pm

@jooneo@stlramsfan10 Yeah don’t even bother. This guy obviously is a bitter and dissatisfied person who thinks the world should run according to their narrow view of it and as best I can tell, has not even bothered to try and give James the benefit of the doubt or consider every angle of this situation. They just see it as they see it, make brash assumptions, then post here and say “we” to add artificial weight to a statement that honestly is NOT reflective of the majority of James’ fans.

This post is the minority, a small greedy percentage of AVGN followers that want what they want and anything else is not good enough. I doubt James would pay any real mind to them, especially when they post like this with no real constructive ideas or an engaging dialogue to build off of.

It’s sad really because when you read it and consider the writer’s voice like a 8 year old kid stomping his feet and shouting at the top of their lungs, it all seems to make sense and show just how juvenile some folk can be.

• sterling.treadwell

December 28, 2011 at 11:54 pm

@jooneo And Just to clarify, my comment was about stlramsfan and his ignorant OP, not yours jooneo. :) though I sort of was addressing it towards you as a reply. :) so it was to you, not ABOUT you.. if that makes any sense. hehe.

• Frank Black Francis

December 29, 2011 at 12:11 am

@sterling.treadwell@jooneo@stlramsfan10 In fact, the three are assholes, first stlramsfan who complains about everythingl, but he’s got a point, recently, what james is uploading is really poor content compared to old material, (AND YEAH FANBOYS, ACCEPT THAT IN THE FUCKING ARSEHOLE LIKE THE BITCHES YOU ARE), AND THE REASON OF THIS IS BECAUSE OF ASSHOLES LIKE STERLING AND JOONEO WHO ARE TOO BUSY HAVING JAMES COCK IN THEIR MOUTHS INSTEAD OF SAYING: hey man, you’re good and all, but for fuck’s sake, upload something good, not any piece of bullshit that comes to mind when you are jerking off, AND, if you analyze it, IT IS YOU FUCKING FANBOYS WHO MADE JAMES THE PIECE OF FAMOUS SHIT HE IS NOW INSTEAD OF THE ARTIST HE WAS BACK IN THE GOOD OLD DAYS, AND NO, I DIDN’T DONATE AND YOU KNOW WHAT? I DON’T CARE, I AM NOT TAKING BULLSHIT FROM FUCKING FANBOYS.

• tigamann

December 29, 2011 at 6:22 am

@Frank Black Francis@sterling.treadwell@jooneo@stlramsfan10 CAN YOU SEE HOW IMPORTANT AND UNIVERSALLY VALID MY OPINION IS BY HOW I WROTE IT IN CAPITAL LETTERS? NOTICE ME! NOTICE ME!

Dude, just stay off the friggin’ site if you don’t like the content that’s been uploaded to lately. Why is it so impossible to do so?

And yes, the content quality really got low, very low to be exact. But is it that suprising?

How often has James to point out that he is busy with bigger projects? He even wanted to break doing AVGN videos, but kept making them for the “fans” demanding them, WHILE preparing to shoot the movie.

And yet, James’ owes you nothing. Nothing at all! Get the fuck over it!

• Frank Black Francis

December 29, 2011 at 11:13 pm

@tigamann@sterling.treadwell@jooneo@stlramsfan10 That’s exactly what I’ll do, and I put it in capital because fucking fanboys don’t see nothing unless you put in front of them, I really didni’t want to be noticed to be exact, and yes, I know the dude doesn’t owe me nothing and I am asking nothing in exchange, I’m not ignorant in that way, he can do whatever the fuck he wants and I’ll do the same I just did it to comment and express myself, I am free to write, do, tell, fuck, whtaver I want and that’s exactly what I did, and iI did it because if you notice the pattern, whenever the fuck someone does stand against James poor quality material recently, all fanboys swarm against him or her when he or she is just telling the truth, I loved the old material when all that mattered was fuck this shit and fuck the other one and to quote James: WHY THE FUCK CHANGE SOMETHING THAT WE GREW UP WITH? a reference to his virtual boy video, that’s the same question I ask him, why the fuck change the nerd into a poor regular reviewer instead of the dude who ranted about dying in a level about 938438 times, I just don’t get it, and yes I understand that people seek to evolve and seek other projects, bue to be honest, AND IF YOU ARE NOT A FANBOY YOU’LL ACCEPT IT, james is changing the nerd into a poor plain game reviewer and that’s wrong, it would be like if Rowan Atkinson made a new series of MR. BEAN AND MR. BEAN TALKS ALL THE TIME NOW, it just doesn’t make fucking sense,.

• Frank Black Francis

December 29, 2011 at 11:23 pm

@tigamann@sterling.treadwell@jooneo@stlramsfan10 Oh and I know he is doing the movie now, but the quality started to decay a while ago, not just now, about a year and a half the site has been on decay, so there’s no excuse, mike is not james, but at least he is trying to do some quality work, and james is doing a microsoft to me, he is clinging to the nerd even though he knows the nerd died a while ago like microsoft is clinging to halo and master chief even though microsft knows the fucking license died a while ago, it’s just the same old shit just decaying all the time, just dry the cow, that’s what’s important, and if you want a good reference, be like fucking Shigesato Itoi, 3 MOTHERS, JUST 3, BUT ALL 3 PERFECT AND FLAWLESS, JUST FUCKING AND BEAUTIFULLY PERFECT, IN ALL ASPECTS, UNLIKE HALO 88, just think about it.

• tigamann

December 30, 2011 at 2:38 pm

@Frank Black Francis@sterling.treadwell@jooneo@stlramsfan10 So, wait, are you telling me you want him to rather stop giving us content than giving us content with poor quality?

If so, okay. Point taken, accepted and respected.

A rather more accurate comparison than the “Halo” series would be “The Simpsons”. I’ve seen an episode today (must’ve been an old episode, like a year or two or so) and my God, this series is getting worse season by season, if that’s even possible as bad as it was TEN FRIGGIN’ YEARS AGO.

But that’s my opinion, and here’s the difference between you and me: I don’t go to where the Simpsons fans are and rant about how bad this series has gotten and insult everyone there not sharing my opinion how mindless “fan boys” they are.

Maybe you had the urge to tell James, Mike and everyone here your point of view, that’s okay too. But, gee, just keep the RAEG low and nobody will RAEG about your opinion.

• Frank Black Francis

December 31, 2011 at 12:05 am

@tigamann@sterling.treadwell@jooneo@stlramsfan10Point taken, altough I liked the simpsons until season 7 or 8, I don’t remember, I agree they’re a piece of shit, and the reason I don’t rant at them is because as you said THE SIMPSONS STARTED SUCKING ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO, to matt groening, there’s just no turning back, he has created too many fucking timelines like the x-men, and he contradicts himself every fucking time with the homer and marge story and also creates stories that are so fucking retarded only a monkey with shit instead of a brain would enjoy, and okay I won’t write all the comment in capitals, my bad I agree, and I must say tigamann, you are the first one to say something coherent against my case instead of swarming at me, saying that I am this or that but instead use the most powerful weapon mankind have: INTELLIGENCE.

• Frank Black Francis

December 31, 2011 at 12:11 am

@sterling.treadwell@jooneo@stlramsfan10 And also I commented about james thinking quitting just because I remembered back to the future, I wouldn’t want to go to the cinema in a few years because every hollywood bitch decided to make part 4, just to see the continuity, the characters, the humor all gone and replaced with a plain bullshit steotypical hollywood summer blockbuster, I just hope the hype is well woth it and not just another TWO AND A HALF MEN type of hype, which was amazing and now is pure bullshit.

• JustinMiller

December 29, 2011 at 2:51 am

@stlramsfan10 Do you expect a car or some lavish gift? If you donated to the movie I think you should get more than a picture, maybe a few anger management sessions and a bottle of valium to calm you down.

• JustinMiller

December 29, 2011 at 2:48 am

James I’m a huge fan, have been for a couple of years now. I enjoy watching your films, movie reviews, gaming videos, top 10′s, monster madness, etc. Just keep doing what you’re doing and people like myself and others will continue to support you no matter what.

• KeithEllwood

December 29, 2011 at 2:56 pm

The donation message is great! I recommend that people donate to the movie cause you’ll be in for a treat!. Can’t wait for the autograph picture! We’re behind you all the way James and the whole crew! Congratulations on your success! Cinemassacre 4 life!!!!!

• Judemoukari

December 29, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Hi!

I’m a young (20 years old) musician from Finland. I’ve been watching your episodes for about year now, and you roll. That movie you are making is fucking great idea, and I hope it will rock as hard as your episodes this far. I don’t really have money to donate to your movie project, but as an indie musician I’m willing to let you use my music in your movie if you want to.

There’s few tracks in finnish music site http://www.mikseri.net/aliip

I’m not sure if you can change language to english someway, but I guess you americans can atleast push play button, so it shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

Just let me know if you are interested, I have more tracks in my pc but those will be on that site only after I’ve released my album. I can however send them to you if you are interested.

Happy new year and good luck with that movie of yours!

• Mako

December 31, 2011 at 10:35 am

• lporto

December 31, 2011 at 12:20 pm

First off, thanks for all the news, things look like they’re going great. I just have one quick question: I was at IndieGoGo today to donate as I couldn’t before and I saw this update saying that some new perks would be added. If I donate before the perks are added, do I still get them? Or should I wait until they’re added to donate?

Thanks a lot and good luck!

• Freaknut

January 6, 2012 at 11:04 am

@lporto

My follow-up to this–in case my e-mail gets lost in the void–is whether or not I can change the shipping address of the perks, as I intend to be moving shortly.

• SeanCushman

January 2, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Not to be an ass James but you did say you would continue doing AVGN shows throughout the production of the movie and now you are stopping? I guess that was probably the plan all along but you likely didn’t want flack for it for months and figured the new year would be the best time to “let the truth out”. I’m looking forward to the movie and all but I think the amount of risk you are placing on your fan base by not continuing production of AVGN while you film the movie might end up turning some fans off. People really love the once a month format of the show and you could Cal at least 2 months and then when you get back you’ll have tons of editing to do (which is why any rational person would put AVGN on hold but I digress). It doesn’t sound like we’ll see any new AVGN until at least the summer .. 6 months is quite a long time with zero AVGN man. I wish you the best of luck but I think you should seriously consider fitting in some regular AVGN shows between that long hiatus. People do enjoy your other content but AVGN is the driving force of your business. Just some friendly advice. I’ll miss the Nerd during his hiatus but I can’t wait to see the movie (Please screen it some place close to Poughkeepsie , NY). Take it easy man :)

• Freaknut

January 6, 2012 at 10:56 am

@SeanCushman

Maybe it’s just me, but your “friendly advice” seems rather aggressive, and pretty bitchy.

Some friendly advice: just deal with it. :) I’m sure there are plenty of other sites you could visit if you feel your attention span is being malnourished while you wait for the movie. In fact, check out the links on the right side of this very page for James’ own recommendations.

You’re welcome, and have a nice day. :)

• weegee

January 6, 2012 at 11:02 am

@Freaknut@SeanCushman

you son of a bitch!

• Freaknut

January 6, 2012 at 11:04 am

@weegee@SeanCushman

Can I help you, my good man?

• Olivania

January 22, 2012 at 8:02 pm

@Freaknut@SeanCushman Honestly, I think it’ is just you. Can you quote at least one sentence, where he is aggressive?

• January 15, 2012 at 9:42 pm

@SeanCushman With all due respect, I feel like it might be important for James to think about his own dreams and happiness rather than satisfy all of his fans all the time. This will be the biggest movie he has ever made. He’s living his dream. How can you be totally happy with yourself if you do not? I want James to do what makes him happy. I feel like it would be selfish to expect him to satisfy the fans all the time. Risks are worth taking. Whether his fan base dwindles as a result or not, if he is happy that’s what is important. I know you mean well so I’m not trying to complain at you or anything.

• Willrunn

January 2, 2012 at 11:47 pm

Be sure to screen it at the ambler theatre in ambler pa its right outsode of philly and its an independant movie theatre id definatly go see it! Plus its 30 seconds from my house

• Freaknut

January 6, 2012 at 10:50 am

As long as it’s on the west coast I’ll do my damndest to get to the screening. I will be more than happy to make your movie my first experience at a festival. Keep up the good work! :)

• DavidSchmechel

January 14, 2012 at 7:16 pm

Any Chance you’ll put your Movie onto iTunes? Would be very Great for Fans from the EU =)

• MarkishBlock

February 3, 2012 at 5:19 pm

DVD? FUCK THAT SHIT! I want to see the nerd in 1080p HD BluRay 3-D Smell-O-Vision!

• Jooooshua

March 16, 2012 at 10:06 pm

I Seriously Want To See This Movie In The Theatre, But I Live In Canada. DVD Is Nice, But Could You Put It On iTunes? Or YouTube, ala “Life In A Day”? Please Respond Personally!