Status

James / December 6th, 2011

Hey everyone, I’ve been really busy working on the AVGN Movie (pre-production.) There’s not much new to report yet. We’ve been speaking with visual effects artists for months now and have met a lot of cool people. We’ve been working on storyboards and shot lists non-stop since the Thanksgiving holiday and will still be working on them for weeks to come. We’re also trying to sort out our budget. By January, I’ll be moving to the west coast and planning to be devoting myself full time to getting this movie going. (The east coast weather sucks! Especially that freak snow and ice storm in October!) It’s a very ambitious project, but we’ll learn a lot from it, and I’ll share it all with you (except for plot spoilers). So I’ll keep you updated if anything real interesting happens soon.

Update: To all those asking, after the movie shoot James will be returning to the East Coast. The Nerd room is not going anywhere. Also, there will be plenty of other videos coming to the site while the shoot is going on, so keep coming back to see lots of awesome videos.

Comments

• Ronin

December 6, 2011 at 9:31 pm

Awesome James! Moving to the west coast for good? Looking forward to the next update!

• mcvayrob

December 6, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Does this mean that we can expect the site to be down for a bit in January since you personally host the site from your house?

• JamesAVGN

December 6, 2011 at 9:43 pm

@mcvayrob No, it’s okay. Everything will be taken care of. It’s only a temporary move, but still a lot of work to do. Mike is helping a lot with videos, so there will always be some kind of content on the site. We shot a lot of things a while back in advance, so we’ve been posting a backlog.

• BritishVideoGameNerd

December 7, 2011 at 3:52 am

@[email protected] Does that mean we get a new AVGN today?

I need to know which games not to play,

It’s the first Wednesday of December,

And I’ll cut off my member,

If I don’t get my own way.

Tally Ho, good stuff old chap etc

• ksawyer728

December 7, 2011 at 4:42 am

@[email protected] Does this include any new AVGN episodes?

• munk451

December 6, 2011 at 9:49 pm

That’s good to hear!

• usher67

December 6, 2011 at 10:02 pm

good to hear james, cant wait for movie. any news on avgn vol 5 and cinemassacre vol 2?

• EdwinPeterBarbes

December 6, 2011 at 10:07 pm

About the movie… I hope there will be someway of paying to stream it online. I would love to buy it on DVD and all but shipping to my country usually involves a lot of money…

• Manos

December 6, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Awesome! I can’t wait for the updates on the upcoming AVGN movie! I’m sure the end result will be kick-ass! By the way, is there gonna be another AVGN Christmas special this week?

• JamesAVGN

December 7, 2011 at 11:34 am

@Manos Yep! I’m expecting it to go up tonight.

• KevanGant

December 7, 2011 at 11:38 pm

@[email protected] Its up now James…Bible games 3??

You shouldn’t have 😛

Gonna check it out now!

Good luck with the move and the movie, can’t wait to see it!

• supmandude

December 6, 2011 at 10:26 pm

Is there going to be a new episode this month or are you too busy with the movie?

• danmega81

December 6, 2011 at 10:31 pm

West Coast? You moving to LA I assume?

• DiegoSandoval

December 6, 2011 at 10:38 pm

You should contact the peapole from Corridor Digital> http://www.youtube.com/user/CorridorDigital or Freedie Wong> http://www.youtube.com/user/freddiew ,Im shure they will be happy to work with you, their videos are incredibly professional, they use their own equipment, and they mostly do them for fun, so I dont think money will be a problem. Im myself an animator so I could help you if you want to include any animated scenes or elements, If so contact me here >>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/PerroFlacoPulgoso , Thank you very much! I hope I’ve been helpful you better give us the BEST movie EVER!!!

• DiegoSandoval

December 6, 2011 at 10:44 pm

I WONT charge

• OlaviPössi

December 7, 2011 at 12:40 am

@DiegoSandoval umm … He’s not gonna be using CGI in this movie .

• cloob1

December 6, 2011 at 11:24 pm

The autograph perk, is that being sent out before Christmas?

• lcvolt

December 6, 2011 at 11:33 pm

is there going to be some kind of AVGN episode this december?

• TerrifyerX07

December 6, 2011 at 11:34 pm

Thanks for the update man. So when you head west I’m assuming shooting will be close to starting? Shits so damn exciting

• nowhere4321

December 6, 2011 at 11:57 pm

sounds awesome

• rammstein818

December 7, 2011 at 12:04 am

West Coast? awesome. Hopefully get to meet you somewhere around here or run into you! lol Cheers and good luck on making this Film!

• Kaldary

December 7, 2011 at 1:01 am

I can’t wait to see your movie. I am quite excited about it. BTW random but have you seen the movie Hugo? The movie is a tribute to the history of filmmaking and is not at all kiddy like the trailers make it out to be. I think you would really like it.

• JJOR64

December 7, 2011 at 1:58 am

Looking forward to the movie. :)A little off topic, but any word on the new AVGN DVD? Looking forward to buying it.

• MotherFucker Mike

December 7, 2011 at 3:17 am

@JJOR64 It’s coming really soon.

• ilawrencefisch

December 7, 2011 at 2:33 am

No offense, but your talents are as a CRITIC, not an actor. I don’t think anyone is really into the AVGN as a character. We just like to see you review/make fun of old videogames. You’re really talented at doing this, so why do you keep running from it?

• DavidNylander

December 7, 2011 at 2:42 am

@ilawrencefisch

He has absolutely no obligations to keep on doing something solely for his fans. He has done enough to try and please all the whiny bitches on his site. Let the man do what he wants and deserves! Go for it, James!

• ilawrencefisch

December 7, 2011 at 2:45 am

@DavidNylander I’m not saying that he owes us anything. I assume he likes pleasing his fans, and appreciates honest feedback.

I honestly feel like making an AVGN movie that doesn’t focus on reviewing old videogames is like making an Ali-G movie that doesn’t focus on interviews. Go see the Ali-G movie and tell me how that turned out.

• kjjc108

December 7, 2011 at 7:35 am

@[email protected] I think you’re missing the entire point of the Angry Video Game Nerd. It’s satire, and parodies hardcore gamers. The nerd is a character, not James; James, however, is a film maker first, a gamer second. A storyteller.It’s quite presumptuous of you, as a matter of fact. Rewatch an Angry Video Game Nerd episode as a story, opposed to a review, and you might see the light. Alternatively, watch the 200 odd other films James has made throughout his life.

• Devil_Rising

December 7, 2011 at 9:33 am

No offense there, Chet. But I think you’re in the massive minority. I really don’t see where some of you kids get off coming in and laying down these “honest opinions”. It’s one thing to actually be a fan, but say “I didn’t really care for that video”, and even say why. But to actually say “People watch AVGN as a CRITIC, not an actor”, that is rather silly and pointless. James Rolfe, among other things, IS an actor. If you don’t see him acting in most of these videos, then you don’t understand filmmaking. AVGN is a CHARACTER, that James ACTS out. It’s that simple.Beyond that though, seriously, he doesn’t owe any of his fans anything. By all rights, if you want the honest truth, he probably should have stopped doing these AVGN and Board James and Movie Review etc. videos a long time ago, and put his full focus on making actual movies, which is what he originally got into filmmaking to do. I don’t know the man personally, but I know enough about him to know that while I’m sure he loves and appreciates the fame and money he’s found with AVGN, I’m pretty sure that he wants to be making movies, and by now likely has a huge backlog of films on his slate. The AVGN movie is going to rock, period. The best AVGN videos have been the ones where he went all out, like the Halloween episodes, or the Rob the Robot one. Or the hilarious Bugs Bunny videos. That’s what the movie is likely going to be, x10. And that sounds bad ass to me, and most of his fanbase. So…..I’m not sure what you’re smoking man. But put the pipe down, and just enjoy.

• Unbroken1

December 7, 2011 at 3:13 am

@ilawrencefisch I really think you are speaking for yourself there….i think there are LOTS of us that love the Nerd AND James both as two different things. I know for a FACT that I would go watch ANY video that has the NERD in it “as a character”. Running from it?? Where have you been??? I can’t follow your logic. James has “critic” is everything he does….as WELL as being an awesome character actor. My advice…make sure others agree with your views before you try to speak on their behalf.

• ilawrencefisch

December 7, 2011 at 3:24 am

@[email protected] I don’t want to denigrate James as I think he’s an incredibly talented critic and an all-together charismatic video personality. That said, I’m not sure what your basis for the claim that he’s an “awesome character actor”. Compared to who? James Cromwell? Stephen Root? Hank Azaria?

I think James got popular because he’s an amazing videogame critic. That’s why we’re all here. I think he’s at his best when he integrates his acting closely with the game he’s reviewing. I thought the Rob the Robot Review was a great example of this.

When he does skits that are tangential to the game he’s reviewing, I find his reviews far less entertaining. A good example of this would be the Ninja Gaiden review. If I wanted to see low budget slapstick….I’m not sure what I’d do. I don’t really want to see low budget slapstick.

• Unbroken1

December 7, 2011 at 3:53 am

@ilawrencefisch Well….I guess arguing over this won’t make any difference. you know what they say: “Arguing over the internet is like winning the Special Olympics…you might get first place, but we are still retards.”

• Devil_Rising

December 7, 2011 at 9:43 am

@ilawrencefisch Dude, seriously, I think you need to just stop. No one ever said James was the best actor on earth. But he absolutely is a character actor, and a damn good one. AVGN IS a character. If you don’t realize that James is probably nothing at all like that in real life, and that he’s just over-acting, even on the Board James videos where he’s NOT playing AVGN, you’ve got problems. And “no offense”, but I think you ARE denigrating James where you realize it, mean to, or not. The AVGN videos are not serious criticism. His movie reviews are critical works. AVGN is and always has been comedy. Sure, he’s “criticising”, but he’s also hamming it up and over-dramatizing how bad these games are, to make people laugh. It’s called being ridiculous on purpose, and that’s comedy. AVGN is a comedy act, and that also falls under acting. Again. If you “don’t want to see low budget slapstick”, then don’t watch his videos, because that’s what a lot of them are. You can’t profess to be a fan, much less speak for “why we’re all here”, while interjecting boarderline insults. Constructive criticism is one thing. But then there’s just downright “film snobbery”, and I’m sorry to tell you, that’s basically what you’re doing, being a pretentious, no-it-all sounding film snob. People like AVGN because he’s funny, period. Sure, some might like the “Criticism” element, others might LIKE the “low budget slapstick”. Either way, we love him because he’s him, and his movie is going to be him, in AVGN character, x10, as I mentioned before. If you honestly need to sit there and gripe about something you haven’t even seen yet and thus DON’T really have any idea what it’s going to entail or even be about, then you’ve got issues that don’t need to be shared here. Sorry, but what you’re doing basically boils down to whining because you happen to like ONE kind of AVGN skit (the ones where he straight up knocks a game), and you personally want him to be doing THAT instead of making a movie pretty much EVERY single one of the rest of us wants to see. That, sir, no matter who you are, or what your opinion happens to be…..sucks.Good day.

• AlphonseElric

December 9, 2011 at 6:05 am

@[email protected] LOL you’re an asshole, the ninja gaiden video (not review) was awesome, I’f you’re here looking for a goddamned review then you’re in the wrong place, the BEST AVGN videos are the ones with james doing that kind of stuff, want a normal review? go and watch IGN or CGR, those are reviews, and stop being such a troll you asshole

• AlphonseElric

December 9, 2011 at 6:07 am

@[email protected] goddamn I put one of this ‘ thingamalingies on that if, I should stop writing right now or I’ll make more mistakes

• TrentFoxingwrth

December 7, 2011 at 3:27 am

His real talent and passion is filmmaking, critiquing old game is just the vehicle he found to be able to do that. He’s mentioned many times his dream of creating a full length movie, which was always the original goal.@ilawrencefisch

• PhiloPastry

December 7, 2011 at 3:46 am

I’m very stoked to see him in a movie. In fact, in his reviews I do believe he is acting (as the angry video game nerd) which not only means he’s a good enough actor to make you think that he’s just a critic, but also probably just as ready to rock a movie. GO JAMES! @ilawrencefisch

• TaylorCello

December 7, 2011 at 6:08 am

@ilawrencefisch

I agree with you that he’s at his absolute best when he’s doing the full critic thing. When he does other things, it doesn’t feel exactly the same. The thing you have to remember about that, however, is that those were running off the same time constraints and budget as his nerd videos. Given more time, a few more helping hands, and a lot more planning, I have a feeling there’s going to be a bit more to it than what you normally see. Seriously, just give it a chance and see what happens. More effort is going into this than anything he’s done on his site to date, at the very least we should wait and see what comes of it.

• fratzenjeballer

December 7, 2011 at 6:55 am

@ilawrencefisch James is good as an non professional Actor but i think the Main-Part of his work will be directing this movie. He allways sayed that he likes it more to stand behind the camera than in front of it. So this Movie isnt a “running away” from what hes good at, its more a “running to”.

• ultraviper

December 7, 2011 at 8:47 am

I agree, my favorite part about AVGN is seeing him play the games. I don’t really care for the non-game parts with him beating up people in costumes or whatever. I’m really thinking this movie thing will disappoint me in that aspect. @ilawrencefisch

• Devil_Rising

December 8, 2011 at 10:18 am

@[email protected] then don’t watch it. It’s that simple. I honestly can’t believe people are on here debating this kind of nonsense.

• elcalvo

December 7, 2011 at 1:22 pm

@ilawrencefisch AVGN, the character, is not making fun of old videogames, he is making fun of people not letting it go, he is making fun of absurd obsessions. It’s comedy, game reviews are just an excuse. Imitators can’t make a better job, because they don’t get it, they think it’s about the games. I think at the beginning he was also making fun of hardcore gamers, but now they are an important part of his audience so he has to give them what they want.

• ilawrencefisch

December 7, 2011 at 1:53 pm

@elcalvo I understand the concept of the AVGN as a character, but really he’s just an exaggerated version of James himself. Is it James who owns the massive classic videogame collection or the character? Is it James who obsessively plays the old games, without using emulators or save states, or the character?

When James is talking about the frustrating aspects of a certain game, he’s talking about the things that frustrate him, as a player. Yes, to a certain point, he’s making fun of obsessive gamers, but he’s obviously one himself.

• BrockLobster

December 7, 2011 at 2:24 pm

@ilawrencefisch Wow, what a horrible rationalization this was. A character may or may not have elements of a person’s or the actor’s real opinions, but to reach as far into it as you did is quite unfortunate. Even if you were, correct, which you aren’t, your opinion is moot. James is a director firstly, and he may not even get into games nearly as much as many of his fans seem to think, because they look at the A.V.G.N. material and evidently ignore everything else that he makes, sadly. The guy has other interests, and his dream is to direct many things.

How would you like if someone you never met randomly sent you an e-mail and told you, “Do you remember that time you worked at McDonald’s? Those were the best memories I have of you, though I never paid attention to you anywhere else. So, I think you should go back to that job serving my Big Mac. Oh, you have other dreams? So, McD’s is where my dreams of you are! Now, get back on that line!”

This is what I like to call a failed thought process. Your dreams of someone else’s dreams are irrelevant, particularly when you don’t know the person.

• elcalvo

December 7, 2011 at 5:06 pm

@ilawrencefisch I havent’ met the guy in person, but it’s a fact that his game collection got bigger because of fan donations and because of the AVGN, so it’s kind of like a work thing. If you watch his making off movies, you can see that he doesn’t play the game obsessively, but pick a game at random and then take notes. On the early videos he didn’t even take the time to play more than a few stages, and he didn’t care about giving all the details, like the real AVGNs demand these days.

About the acting, obviously he is going to feel frustrated playing those games, the same way an actor feels pain being punched in the face on a fight scene. The more realistic the approach the more genuine the anger.

• Devil_Rising

December 8, 2011 at 10:19 am

@elcalvo lol, no, I think if you pay attention, he’s still making fun of hardcore gamers too. The entire AVGN character is a caricature of “hardcore”.

• Graph

December 7, 2011 at 3:18 pm

@ilawrencefisch I’m in it for the AVGN character and his talents as always been as a mix between critic and actor. Don’t know where you’ve been in the last few years.

• senter

December 7, 2011 at 3:39 am

If you move to the west coast, will Mike not be seen anymore in collaboration video’s? Like board james, movie reviews and other skits? What is about to become of the whole nerd basement that we all know so well by now? It raises questions but I wish you all the best and luck you can get.

• Snejku

December 7, 2011 at 3:55 am

@senter Also curious about this

• BritishVideoGameNerd

December 7, 2011 at 4:27 am

@[email protected] I’d be getting worried if I were James, seems like the MotherFucker is becoming more and more popular.

• MotherFucker Mike

December 7, 2011 at 5:07 am

@senter James move to the west coast will just be for a few months while filming. Then he will be back. The Nerd room isn’t going anywhere.

• Kaiyuni

December 7, 2011 at 7:39 am

@MotherFucker [email protected] Will you be going along while he films in the west coast? I’m looking forward to seeing you in the AVGN movie just as much as James.

• ksawyer728

December 7, 2011 at 4:16 am

Is there going to be any AVGN episodes during production of the film? I can’t wait for the film, but I’m hoping to see a few episodes to hold us over.

• zyklopfish

December 7, 2011 at 6:00 am

Where have the good old times gone…?

• Bigdaddyclean

December 7, 2011 at 7:59 am

west coast sell out. keep it real up in phili dawg!

• Bobby1001

December 7, 2011 at 9:00 am

Thanks for making this movie James! This is going to be awesome.

• heliocentra

December 7, 2011 at 9:06 am

Awesome news. I’m glad things are going so well for you. Also glad that the band is not breaking up (James and the Motherfucker), and the basement is staying put.

• Jonty_Roz

December 7, 2011 at 9:43 am

Just please make sure you take your time and remember your fans will always support you, don’t feel like you need to rush it to keep us entertained, you’ve got this chance to absolutely astound the world with your creativity and style! Only you will know when it’s ready for production!

• sterling.treadwell

December 7, 2011 at 10:01 am

Though I doubt you’ll have a hell of a lot of time, I hope you get a little sight seeing in and maybe slip us a few short videos where you check out a famous landmark from movie “X” you happened upon. I always love those.

Glad you are only headed to the west coast temporarily. I am betting your family and friend will miss you the whole time. And yes, there will be no one there to feed your theme song singer behind the futon. 🙂 May want to start piling up some ding-dongs and red bull for him. Or better yet, Funny-Bones. Man those were good…

• webbreaker

December 7, 2011 at 10:27 am

Hey, i am a big fan of AVGN and i,ve come to tell u this urgent news, That gay twat called Justin Beiber stole AVGN,s lyrics from the opening theme in his videos i kid u not here check this out and tell me if it sounds fimiliar

• sterling.treadwell

December 7, 2011 at 10:29 am

@webbreaker bug off spammer. I just checked that and it’s the lyrics from the traditional song with like, 1 line of dialogue and has nothing to do with AVGN. go click whore somewhere else and leave James and his fans alone.

• UndeadFruit

December 7, 2011 at 11:28 am

@webbreaker What are you on about mate? It just sounds like, ‘Santa Claus is coming to town’, it has nothing to do with AVGN and I’m not even a Bieber Fan.

• FernandoGS

December 7, 2011 at 11:37 am

@[email protected] There is a AVGN style version of “Santa Claus is coming to town” one of the Christmas videos. “Hes making a list and checking it twice, is gonna find out which one sucks the most balls…the avgn is heeeeeeeeeeeere” 😀

• FernandoGS

December 7, 2011 at 11:30 am

@webbreaker _you forgot to put the <SACRASM_ON> tag. People may think that you are talking serious 😀

• FardinJavanmard

December 7, 2011 at 12:35 pm

this movie is gonna be awesome!! 🙂

• VGRetro

December 7, 2011 at 12:43 pm

Looking forward to it. I’m very interested to see how it all turns out.

• WendyRolfe

December 7, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Is he moving to the west coast permanently?

• MotherFucker Mike

December 7, 2011 at 1:06 pm

@WendyRolfe no.

• Freddy20_

December 7, 2011 at 1:45 pm

@MotherFucker Mike Good, that means that the awesome duo that is James&Mike won’t split up. You almost scared me there for a minute.

So excited about the movie, hope that the preproduction is going well! It’s such a fun but intensive part of the movie making progress. (I am myself in the preproduction of an animated 15-sec movie I’m doing for class)

• JeramieKruger

December 7, 2011 at 10:32 pm

@[email protected] Mike Motherfucker Mike is gonna be busy (or better be.. haha) while James is away on his calling for a feature length film.

DO IT LIVE, MOTHER FUCKER

• CareyPalmer

December 8, 2011 at 2:01 am

@MotherFucker [email protected] Thanks for getting on here and telling us Motherfucker Mike…I seen your reply about James only moving for a couple of months and that the nerd room wasn’t going anywhere…All the nerd fans would be on here making posting riots.

• SteveRiccardo

December 7, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Not sure if the move to the west coast is permanent, but if it is, please make sure to come by the east coast every now and then to do appearances.

• ThomasStahl

December 7, 2011 at 1:02 pm

so no avgn this month? 🙁

• theretrogamer14

December 7, 2011 at 2:49 pm

@ThomasStahl

*GASP* I guess so =C

• BradCunningham

December 7, 2011 at 3:58 pm

It’ll be okay! Over 100 AVGN videos to enjoy otherwise, and the wait for the movie will be totally worth it! @theretrogamer14 @ThomasStahl

• Marvipe

December 7, 2011 at 1:47 pm

oh my god take me with you. Northern East Coast winters DO suck! I DON’T WANNA LIVE HERE ANYMORE until april….

but seriously, that blizzard two days before Halloween was just………ugh….

• Combatarms423

December 7, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Ok, But you gotta make another christmas special! You would ruin the christmas special lineup!

• BradCunningham

December 7, 2011 at 3:59 pm

Good luck James! And thanks for keeping us posted!

• KeithEllwood

December 7, 2011 at 5:15 pm

I think Mike should take over and do some NES reviews in the meantime 🙂

• JamesFlaherty

December 7, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Does anybody know if the Nerd movie is gonna be released in theaters, wide or otherwise, or on DVD and also is Plan 9 gonna be released nationwide?

• fob911

December 7, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Yeah dude, the east coast weather sucks! I’m in New York, just one state above you, and that October Storm 5 years ago sucked shit. Well, at least we got school off for a whole week. But really, who ever heard of snow in October? It’s bullshit! Anyways, is the move permanent or temporary, because It’d be cool if you are at Hollywood, but It’d be weird after the movie. Anyways, keep up the work, and WHEN THE HELL IS THE NEXT AVGN?! The last one was on October 5th (pretty sad I know that) and I hope it’s good or it’s a Christmas special. Maybe a Bible Games 3. Yeah. Loved Bible Games 2. I should stop typing now.

• breadcrumbs

December 8, 2011 at 1:06 am

@fob911 Great Scott! Your wish came true!

• WestBuiltAMountain

December 7, 2011 at 5:40 pm

I hope you guys are filming bits and pieces here and there so that you guys can create a ‘the making of’ video extra. I’m sure I can speak for everyone here when I say we’d not only love to see the movie, but get a rundown of how it was all put together from start to finish.

• fob911

December 7, 2011 at 5:42 pm

@WestBuiltAMountain

The behind the scenes video is if u donate, most likely after the movie is done. Check the indiegogo page.

• WestBuiltAMountain

December 7, 2011 at 6:21 pm

@fob911 : I’ve already donated $70. I can’t really afford to donate another $100 just to get a behind the scenes video.

• JeramieKruger

December 7, 2011 at 10:30 pm

@[email protected] My guess is they will sell it separately after the movie is finished. It’d be a great way to make a little extra money on the movie… Depending on length, I’d put in another $10+ for behind the scenes stuff on top of the movie itself.

• MarcusAlexanderRickardHolmström

December 7, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Looking forward to it James! Will be epic!

• December 7, 2011 at 5:44 pm

well good luck with that. i hope for the best for ya in this project and i hope it works out for ya

• nerdyguy64

December 7, 2011 at 6:05 pm

Keep it up james….. cant wait for something like this to come out…. gonna be fucking sweet!

• ghost

December 7, 2011 at 6:30 pm

I DEMAND SPOYLARZ D:<

• Psykhophear

December 7, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Make an awesome movie, James. Proof to us that you’re a better film maker than the ones from Kunt Films. XD

• SickSixSix

December 9, 2011 at 7:55 am

@Psykhophear Every single one of his episodes are better than the “movies” from Kunt Films.

• December 7, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Nice, the west side is the best side!!

• ibuycheap

December 7, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Moving to the west coast? So does that mean more Pat the Nes Punk crossovers.

• ibuycheap

December 7, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Moving to the west Coast? Does that mean more Pat the nes Punk crossovers?

• TheLHP

December 7, 2011 at 10:02 pm

You’re moving? 🙁 aww what about the awesome nerd room?

• Felixpcpc9

December 7, 2011 at 10:37 pm

If you need some extra help on the visual effects, tell me. I can’t do anything too fancy like a 3D CGI Spaceship roaming through New-York but if you have some relatively simple effects to do, I can help.

• undertaker91

December 7, 2011 at 11:20 pm

aww, ur moving? well have fun out west. that storm in October was crazy, i lost power for nearly a week

• DouglasBell

December 7, 2011 at 11:46 pm

I’m 90% sure Mike will move to the west coast as well. And if I’m horribly mistaken then how awesome would it be that Mike would be uploading more game glitches or better yet an even more interesting AVGN take. Like the mother fucker being the AVGN for one episode. It be strange but I’ve been wondering if that’s even possible, probably not but surely enough be an interesting episode. Anyways good luck on the film guys.

• Nagash

December 8, 2011 at 5:55 am

i guess you haven’t watched the texas chainsaw one then… @DouglasBell

• DonSkiver

December 9, 2011 at 1:13 pm

@DouglasBell Haha, how awesome would that be? Like instead of the AVGN, Angry Video Game Nerd, it would be the AVGM, Angry Video Game Motherfucker. Like the episode was hijacked because Mike is such a motherfucker. Haha, oh that would be great, even if it only happened once.

• beastwarking

December 8, 2011 at 12:36 am

Stop by Tacoma, WA (or Seattle) and I will personally buy you a beer. You guys really do put in a lot of hard work and really wish you guys some luck

• omega_apex

December 8, 2011 at 12:53 am

@beastwarking come on down to lacey/olympia…I’ll join you!

• WendyRolfe

December 8, 2011 at 10:07 am

AVGN is so funny when baked lol

• Devil_Rising

December 8, 2011 at 10:14 am

@WendyRolfe Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight………………………….

• jamisonia

December 8, 2011 at 1:05 pm

My horror movie review site. Mainly Xmas horror movies for now

• BearKiller

December 8, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Good luck with the film and keep up the good work! I can’t wait to see the finished film; you have my full support!

• Facemanguy

December 9, 2011 at 12:37 am

Welcome to the west my friend

• ViktorFarfarAndersson

December 9, 2011 at 4:03 am

This calls for The Rivieras

I’m going out west where I belong (dun dun de de de de, dun de dun dun de dun)

Where the nights are short and the days are long (same riff)

You twist, I’ll twist

You shimmy, I’ll shimmy,

You fly, I’ll fly

Well I’m out there havin fun

in the warm California sun!

• December 9, 2011 at 8:42 am

GREAT NEWS! Let’s hang out at the Twin Pines Mall when you’re not workin’ James!

• DonSkiver

December 9, 2011 at 1:16 pm

You know, that’s probably a smart move. The weather back east fucking sucks. I lived in Cleveland briefly and it sucked. I’m back to living in the midwest and have been here for most of my life, and the weather is just as fucking shitty, if not more so because of tornados in the spring and summer. (I’m in Kansas, smack dab in the middle of fucking tornado alley)

Good luck with the film, I can’t wait to see it.

• EthanThomasAppleby

December 9, 2011 at 2:11 pm

I’m looking forward to hearing more. Good luck!

• December 9, 2011 at 11:04 pm

Man, I bet this will be even better than The Wizard.

• TannerKish

December 10, 2011 at 7:17 am

If the time resents itself, keep us updated on the whole “feature film”-making expirience. Awesome people you might meet, weird or funny moments….or even just stuff that happens off-set (like that Plan 9 behind the scenes video you did a while back). Not only will it be awesome for us fans, but documenting the whole expirience will only further put you “on the map”.

• Mister Buckethead

December 10, 2011 at 9:19 pm

So, the movie won’t take place in the famouse ” Nerdie Room ” ( okay i just made that name up) ?Anyway, good luck with the shooting 🙂

• MichaelSunseri

December 11, 2011 at 2:22 am

hate to burst ur bubble but from what james has said so far its probably going to be more like waynes world he will probably start off in the nerd room and venture forth from there. Thing Waynes world combined with both kickassia and suburban knights

@Mister Buckethead

• TrevorBall

December 11, 2011 at 11:15 am

Im super excited for it James! I just have so many questions! But I would rather be in for a real surprise! Good luck!

• Nintendo_Frog

December 11, 2011 at 5:37 pm

The big question I have with this movie, is how it’s going to be released? Will it come out on air on a local american channel? Or be hosted online on a paying viewing site? Will it come out only on DVD’s? Or will some theaters that produce some independant films?

I must say that for those of us who don’t live in america, we’re quite concerned by the idea we’ll probably going to have to wait a couple more months than the North american fans to get to see that movie if it’s not released on DVD… ( increasing the risk of having major spoilers being meanwhile revealed on the internet…)

• Captain N

December 11, 2011 at 10:20 pm

Has the cast been selected?

• ROCKYKILLU

December 14, 2011 at 4:58 pm

James Rolfe. I truly believe I speak for everyone when I say you are a pioneer among true gamers and movie lovers. Though you have many diffrent things you are well known for, I have always been a gigantic fan of your AVGN series and pray your movie is amazing.