Vincent Price vs Boris Karloff

Mike / November 12th, 2011

Watch this video on Blip

In Match#1 Vincent Price defeated Basil Rathbone. Which means Rathbone was eliminated from the tournament. In Match#6 Vincent Price defeated Peter Cushing. Which means Cushing was also eliminated.

In Match#4 Boris Karloff defeated Peter Lorre, so Lorre was eliminated. And in Match#7, Karloff defeated Bela Lugosi, So Lugosi was eliminated.

Now here in the final match of the tournament, the two surviving icons of horror, Vincent Price and Boris Karloff, will fight to the death to determine who is the true TITAN OF TERROR! Watch to see who wins!

Comments

• executive333

November 12, 2011 at 12:02 am

First…bitches.

• phillet

November 12, 2011 at 12:14 am

second spoler price wins ehhhhhh ant i a stinka

• gijoker69

November 12, 2011 at 12:21 am

thrid. Well played sir, he deserved to win it all. Hail to the King!

• Allen Lucas

November 12, 2011 at 12:24 am

Vincent Price is the true victor of the horror genre for sure!

Speaking of The Raven, I recently watched all of Roger Corman’s Price films that Price were in. For what they were, they’re well made horror classics that any true horror fan can enjoy. Maybe someday James you can do a retrospective on these movies either on their own or for a future Monster Madness.

• Torus202

November 12, 2011 at 1:09 am

I originally thought these vids were going to be about which actor had the most impact on the Horror Genre. Vincent Price clearly would have won that in my mind with possible Christopher Lee as second.

When I realized it was about characters more then the actors I thought Karloff would win only because he is probably James’s favorite.

Either Way Price is the clear Champion and I am happy.

Great vids James. Please do more horror related vids. We true fans of the genre don’t need to limit ourselves to October.

• November 12, 2011 at 1:32 am

Awesome Duel!

Too bad there was no Dr Phibes meets Frankenstein (dr or monster) movie >^^<

That'd be epic!

• Seshido

November 12, 2011 at 2:00 am

YES!!! From the start, I was certain that Boris Karloff would win, and every time Vincent Price was up for a match I thought he would lose, but hoped that he would win. Now he’s gone on to win the whole thing! Price trumps ‘em all!

• You Can Just Walk Over It

November 12, 2011 at 2:32 am

The laser duel is giving me strong Big Trouble in Little China vibes. This video series also reminded me of super smash brothers, too bad they’re not all alive to make more movies for more of these tournaments.

• fata_morgana_pseudonym

November 12, 2011 at 2:49 am

First, second, third, nobody gives a shit.

• exploda

November 12, 2011 at 3:32 am

An excellent final match! I’m sure Vincent Price is chortling with delight from his crypt.

• Luka1184

November 12, 2011 at 3:50 am

Price all the way! Thx for geanting us this special great series :D

• WingedKitsune

November 12, 2011 at 4:04 am

I was cheering for Vincent all the way!

• arklon

November 12, 2011 at 5:08 am

I am actually surpised that he did not mention the bit at the end of A Comedy Of Terrors where Karlof poisons and kills Price right at the very end…oh by the way…right before the credits roll…Rathbone is not dead after all so that is one kill that price shouldn’t have gotten hehe :P

• November 12, 2011 at 5:56 am

James, I just noticed, In the thumbnails for the videos they all have the American flag in the background, except the Bela vs Boris one… How come?

This was a really fun series of videos, I’m amazed at how many of these actors have fought each other, and so many times for some of them!

Can’t wait to see what you’re planning next, James&Mike!

• iam_theghost

November 12, 2011 at 6:17 am

I love that Vincent Price won!! The Fly, Return of the Fly, House on Haunted Hill, Last Man on Earth, all the Poe movies/ He can’t be beat. Thanks James

• MattyJ0731

November 12, 2011 at 9:37 am

Well, arklon, don’t they have to be in some kind of a battle first? All Karloff does is poison Price at the end of the movie? Didn’t sound like they battled each other.

• November 12, 2011 at 10:46 am

Wow, I really wasn’t sure who would win.

But, since Karloff is the bad guy in this film, I guess it makes sense that Price won. =)

Mark Moore

I, Carly
    a post-DOTM Transformers movieverse fanfic

• November 12, 2011 at 11:14 am

I was rooting for Vincent all the way. He’s always been my favorite.

• November 12, 2011 at 11:15 am

I know Vincent Price would be the winner from the beginning. That man is the most devious, scrupulous, defiant master of horror ever. That was fun, James. Thanks. And congrats again on making it past 100,000 for your AVGN movie. I hope it will be a great one. : )

• Riddler

November 12, 2011 at 11:38 am

Gah the video won’t work! I hate having to watch it on BLIP.

• angryrider

November 12, 2011 at 11:43 am

The true horror icon knows when to adapt to modern norms, and what does it end in LASERS! So, Price is the King!

• November 12, 2011 at 11:47 am

Almost symbolic for how Vincent Price totally destroyed every Horror actor ever in the prolific sense.

• Paul Dower

November 12, 2011 at 1:11 pm

god dammit, I had it all running on either Lugosi or Karloff and they BOTH lost!!!!!!!!!!!!

• November 12, 2011 at 2:02 pm

No disappointment here. Price is pretty iconic, and is certainly a “Titan of Terror”.

Although some of my favorites got eliminated early on, my champion came through and won.

• November 12, 2011 at 2:03 pm

I’d still like to see the results of the alternate matchups.

• November 12, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Excellent. I’m glad that Vincent Price won.

This was a great way to pit the horror icons against each other, with movies in which they actually fought. It takes out any sort of bias that you and any of use might have. Great job.

• supabamman

November 12, 2011 at 2:19 pm

There duel always reminds me of Scanners, even though this was before

• dmon_man

November 12, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Great fun James!
    Isn’t it funny how nearly all of these horror stars were actaully known to be very nice guys in real life.
    Keep up the great work.

• handsome pete

November 12, 2011 at 2:24 pm

boo, vincent price barely even played any monsters. the invisible man is the only one i know and that wasn’t even involved in this fight.

• Lord Igos263

November 12, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Price did the voice of a character in a movie which didn’t come out till about 20 years after Price’s death! WHEN I HEARD HIS VOICE IN THE THIEF & THE COBBLER…………..THAT WAS AWESOME TO KNOW EVEN IN DEATH HE PUT HIS VOICE IN SOMETHING THAT WOULDN’T EMERGE FROM THE SHADOWS TILL AFTER HIS DEATH CAME & WENT!! BUT FUCKING SCARY TO KNOW THAT MOVIE WAS A FAILURE & IT INSPIRED DISNEY’S ALADDIN MOVIE WHICH WAS SUPPOSEDLY BASED OFF THAT MOVIE!

• Tekkenfan

November 12, 2011 at 3:57 pm

YEAH BABY YEAH VINCENT VINCENT VINCENT VICTORYYYYYYYYY FOR VINCENT PRICE.

• thebgd

November 12, 2011 at 4:18 pm

vincent price shits all over everyone

• Tekkenfan

November 12, 2011 at 4:29 pm

YOU TAKE THAT BACK ABOUT HIM HE’S AN AWESOME ACTOR i think it would be awesome if he was a star in a Alfred Hitchcock film.

• WalterR

November 12, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Shouldn’t this bout be a tie? Didn’t Boris kill Vincent “accidentally” in Comedy of Terrors?

• Tekkenfan

November 12, 2011 at 4:36 pm

don’t know Walter maybe

• Tekkenfan

November 12, 2011 at 4:38 pm

So James what are you gonna do now next October make sequel a-thon 2 or remake a thon who belives there’s gonna be a sequel a thon 2 or a remake a thon post a comment.

• Tekkenfan

November 12, 2011 at 4:43 pm

someone leave a comment yo think there’s gonna be a sequel a thon 2 or remake a thon next october we might know next year who knows.

• Tekkenfan

November 12, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Whose with me

• Might Guy

November 12, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Normally i dont post comments but for this ive to thank and congratulate you to this extraordinary and entertainment work

• November 12, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Bruce Cambell would so ‘pwn’ Price :P

if only he was born in a different generation

great series James

• Tekkenfan

November 12, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Yeah if Bruce Campbell can be match for big comedy stars like Mike Myers Eddie Murphy and serious stars like christian bale and Keanu reeves and bigger stars Sylvester Stallone Jason Statham and Danny Trejo

• Mellowtrauma

November 12, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Yeah, I have to cry foul on this one, James.
    I understand that you need a deciding winner for this match-up, but you DID COMPLETELY OMIT the death of Vincent Price in Comedy of Terrors. You can contest that there was no battle, no struggle, no real fight…but at the end of the day, it was the actions of Karloff at the end that led to Price’s death.

So I would have to declare a draw…in which case we should have went to SUDDEN DEATH!!!! Where we should have calculated the total number of kills both Price and Karloff had on the other contenders. And when it comes to kills…no one does it like the Creature himself.

I’m sorry, maybe I’m just bitter my guy lost…but still.

• Mellowtrauma

November 12, 2011 at 10:12 pm

@Lord Igos263

ACTUALLY…The Thief & The Cobbler was released in 1995, Mr. Price died in 1993, that was only a two year gap between his death and the movie.

The voice work, however, was recorded all the way back in 1968, making it an almost 28 year difference between the recording and the release.

• OJSlaughter

November 13, 2011 at 4:29 am

You have way too many British actors within this whole thing to use that American flag ^^

Boris Karloff is a legend but so is Vincent Price :)

• likalaruku

November 13, 2011 at 6:05 am

Vincent Price: If you made a movie in the 60s or 70s & either A)wanted people to remember it still existed 50 years later or B)wanted it to suck way less, you put him in it.

• TheAceofSpadez

November 13, 2011 at 9:56 am

I knew it’d come down to these two, and I’m glad Price won.

• Player-1

November 13, 2011 at 10:26 am

Player-2 has left the game. Replaced by some asshole.

• You Only Live Thrice

November 14, 2011 at 5:04 am

oh yeah Vincent my man!!!

• Tekkenfan

November 14, 2011 at 9:24 pm

You bet your ass Vincent’s AWESOME i’m not kidding he is awesome live Thrice.

• BenjaminOstermeier

November 17, 2011 at 5:42 pm

That magic battle was awesome! It makes me want to see the film. In the end, Price wins, though. I didn’t really have a horse in the race since I think all these actors are awesome, but it was fun to watch, nonetheless. Thanks for Titans of Terror, it was a nice add-on to Monster Madness.

• Diegowar

December 12, 2011 at 1:04 am

Couldn’t have hoped for a better narrator for these epic battles, thank you sir !

• ErikHoff

March 17, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Karloff kills Price in The comedy of terrors, and also Karloff helped Rathbone kill Price in the original tower of london

• ErikHoff

March 17, 2012 at 6:53 pm

So actually that would be a 2-1 victory for Karloff

• Chesterfield

August 8, 2012 at 1:26 am

If you guys have seen The last man on earth you know what a badass Vincent Price is :P

• February 3, 2013 at 2:34 pm

After viewing many films from Karloff, Price, Cushing, Lee, Lugosi, etc, I would have to say Vincent Price is without a doubt the king. Everything he was in was great!