Peter Cushing vs Vincent Price

Mike / November 10th, 2011

Watch this video on Blip

Peter Cushing beat Christopher Lee in Match#2. That means Christopher Lee was eliminated from the tournament. Here, Cushing faces horror icon Vincent Price in a fight to the death. Who will win?

Comments

• Dr. Bigs Kimble

November 10, 2011 at 11:03 am

I’m glad Vincent Price won. I was surprised you didn’t save Lugosi vs. Karloff for the finals but it will be interesting to see what happens next. Keep up the great work James!

• Piroshok

November 10, 2011 at 11:04 am

Damn. I lost 200 bucks betting on Cushing.

• Mr. Arkadin

November 10, 2011 at 11:35 am

Hmmm, Legosi and Price only share one film, but they don’t fight. Poor Bela.

• November 10, 2011 at 11:40 am

Wow, I was expecting Peter Cushing to win this round.

Mark Moore

I, Carly
    a post-DOTM Transformers movieverse fanfic

• Juno7861

November 10, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Im glad lugosi and karloff werent the last round that would just be sad Karloff would dominate the whole thing, ex: the body snatcher, The Raven, etc well Lugosi would have the black cat, I think thats it

• Riddler

November 10, 2011 at 12:27 pm

That movie looked awesome, but i doubt a copy will show up anywhere now…damn. I also lost a doughnut on Pete Cushing.

• LJN Lover

November 10, 2011 at 12:36 pm

Just thought I might share this with you. Supposedly one of the ORIGINAL Dracula Cape(s) is on sale. Would be so funny if Hammer Studios decided to base a script on this Cape now. I demand get Christopher Lee back in Horror for good!!!

• Chestnut

November 10, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Whilst not a movie, Price and Cushing did have a pairing together on radio, in an episode (I think the fourth) of “The Price of Fear”, called “The Man Who Hated Scenes”, produced for BBC Radio. They don’t fight, since it’s more of a ghost story, with Price meeting a nervous fellow, played by Cushing, on a long, spooky train ride, before Cushing tells his story of jealousy, murder and madness involving his wife and her lover. Good, chilling stuff.

Doesn’t affect the outcome of the fight, but just thought I’d throw that bit of trivia out there.

• November 10, 2011 at 2:58 pm

James with all the Filmopgraphy access you have I was wondering. Is there any chance you could make a chart in the future showing how these actors fare against all challengers in the brackets.

To settle the argument of who would have come out on top if everyone had a shot at everyone else and had to do the best in all situations to be top dog.

The tournament is good and all but I can’t help feeling that some people currently defeated would have done much better in other matchups.

• Doresh

November 10, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Oooh, I randomly found that one on television. Nice ^^ !

What’s interesting about this movie is that pretty much all of Paul Toombes’ movies besides the “Dr. Death” series actually consist of footage from older Vincent Price movies. So Vincent Price is basically playing himself Oo

• November 10, 2011 at 3:50 pm

I’m sad Peter Cushing is out, but I guess I’m happy Vincent Price is still in. Then it’ll be Lugosi and Karloff. The Lugosi/Karloff fight is going to be a grudge match, and quite possibly the best fight of the tournament. Lugosi and Karloff were in 5 films together, and I’ve read rumors of the two not exactly being best of friends on set. (Mostly because Lugosi was typecast as a horror villain, his accent preventing mainstream roles, and Karloff being successful outside of the horror genre) They may have been completely professional, and treated each other as such, but I don’t think they were buddies.

Not only that, but I read that Lugosi used to get pissed with Karloff when he would take a break in the middle of the day during filming for afternoon tea.

I really would like Lugosi to win, but I think it’s going to be Karloff… :(

• You Only Live Thrice

November 10, 2011 at 4:30 pm

oh yeah! another one for Vincent!

• November 10, 2011 at 4:40 pm

lol awesome as always

• hillbillyhatfield

November 10, 2011 at 5:55 pm

They did alot of radio stuff on bbc. I have alot of the episodes on cassette. There greatest was “Aliens in the Mind” from the 70;s. I’m glad price won, how can you defeat the The Crowned Prince Of Horror. Honestly it”s a no brainer. However if he goes against karloff, he will lose. Karloff has killed him more times on screen, how be it in a most unknowing way.

• frostare

November 10, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Who’s a pile of bones now Cushing!? That’s what you get for beating Cristopher Lee, not quite the original but the best Dracula ever.

• JediRob

November 10, 2011 at 6:41 pm

Your little catchphrase should really be…

“You mess with Vincent, you pay the Price.”

• TheCrazyReviewingGeek

November 10, 2011 at 7:11 pm

Man…I wanted Cushing…

• November 10, 2011 at 7:15 pm

James and MIke, why does the site keep crashing every night!?!?!??! Is it going to crash again tonight?

• Blutszauger

November 10, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Unfortunately, since the fights are movies scenes, Bela Lugosi can’t win. I can’t think of a single movie where he fights Vincent Price, or even goes up against him.

I guess The Raven will decide the winner?

• Mr. Sinematic

November 10, 2011 at 9:10 pm

I wish you gave some detail to Dr. Death’s costume, Peter Cushing wore.

• arklon

November 10, 2011 at 10:17 pm

For those of you who said that you would like to see the movie but figure a copy would be hard to find, they actually have it as an instant download on Netflicks! You should check it out, its a pretty fun movie.

• iam_theghost

November 10, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Hell yeah Vincent Price wins!!

• BenjaminOstermeier

November 17, 2011 at 5:19 pm

“You mess with Vincent Price, you pay the price!” Hahaha, I love it! :D

• December 23, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Hello,

The fast and convenient online store offering your favorite right here in the USA. We invite you to browse through our store where you can find a wide range of British food favorites including English teas, Cadbury chocolate, Mcvities and Heinz to name a few. Order today, we offer the cheapest British food prices online and guarantee a fast and friendly service.