AVGN Movie: Chicago Audition video hosted by TGWTG

James / November 2nd, 2011

Hey, check out this funny audition video posted by ThatGuyWithTheGlasses, if you haven’t seen it yet.

Comments

• Allen Lucas

November 2, 2011 at 8:54 pm

You should hire the guy who did the Christopher Lee voice in the video to play the narrator if you do have it in the script. The narrator can supply the same commanding tone as Lee and it might make the audience think that it’s Lee doing the narration.

• greedo

November 2, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Pretty Good. Especially the last guy, that cracked me up!

• LicaWolf

November 2, 2011 at 9:00 pm

I watched it when they posted it at TGWTG some days ago. It was hilarious, many of the aspirants were so random xD ( The guy that sang a song about puking, lol). I also laughed at the guy that Doug chased at the end of the video (He was very clever not to answer NC or AVGN πŸ˜› ).

Watching this video feels like watching the extras of a DVD before watching the movie… Now I really can’t wait for the AVGN movie! πŸ™‚

(Was that place the same hotel in which the First Year Anniversary Brawl was filmed? It looks familiar)

• fuzzy fester

November 2, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Loved the guy reading that Ferris Bueller bit as Christopher Lee!

• Semudara

November 2, 2011 at 10:53 pm

I already said this on TGWTG, but I absolutely loved this! It’s both entertaining and a really interesting (not to mention tantalizing) behind-the-scenes look. If you guys have any more videos from the auditions, please post them!

• TaleSpin

November 3, 2011 at 2:17 pm

the ending was funny XD

• peglakantatari

November 3, 2011 at 4:14 pm

great video, it really shows the atmosphere. I can’t wait for the movie to come out!

• J.J. McSandfarm

November 3, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Funny video, but a lot of those guys were kinda bush-league. Maybe you should put Doug in charge of catering instead.

I’m joking…I like Doug

• floridaboy

November 3, 2011 at 10:30 pm

It gets more and more exciting every time I see proof of progress on the movie !!!

• IdealIdeas991

November 4, 2011 at 2:39 am

I wish I knew about this!

I freaking live in racine,wi which is a quick ride away from chicago!

• November 4, 2011 at 7:02 am

Is Doug actually getting involved with the AVGN movie then James?

• Torus202

November 5, 2011 at 2:22 am

I think that “Hamlet” guy was pretty good. It would be funny if the AVGN movie introduced an actor that becomes huge and famous years from now.

I recently became a fan of The Nostalgia Critic too and I think he’s great. I love the AVGN and think James is a great film maker and critic, but I think Doug Walker is a better actor. lol, no offense to James.

• Starcraft39

November 6, 2011 at 10:50 am

Wow, the twist ending was very surprising. I can honestly say those were the last words I was expecting to come out of his mouth.

These seem to be some very talented people and it’s a shame we didn’t get to see a stadium full of crazies in costumes American Idol (first-few-episodes) style trying to stand out from the others instead of such a narrow pool.

The competition is truly stiff, good luck to all.

• Starcraft39

November 6, 2011 at 10:53 am

@Torus That isn’t much an insult. He really acts in the nerd videos seemingly by chance or so that he can accurately put what’s in his head on screen. Upon his reccomendation of watching American Movie (which is about a film maker which isn’t in any way, shape or form a real actor) and how just making what you love is enough in an Ed Wood-esque sort of way. I don’t remember hearing James Rolfe say he went to acting school but I remember his FILM education being mentioned, lol.

• Starcraft39

November 6, 2011 at 10:55 am

Wow I made a run-on in my last post. Turn that ‘and’ into a ‘shows’ and we’re all good. We need an edit button.

• November 8, 2011 at 4:57 pm

James, are you doing any casting in LA or NY, trying to get SAG actors or at least more trained actors??? You’d be amazed at the quality of actors you can get who are willing to work for free or at the very least for SAG minimum. I hope you are trying to hire pro actors, and not just fans.

• DavidBlackford

December 6, 2011 at 3:07 am

Why get pro actors? I mean if you do that, it just makes it worse to like think of someone you have seen in a movie dozens of times in this kind of role and only think of them as one of their other character players in other movies. Fresh Faces is always a good thing and a way to go. And the use of his faces I really give a thumbs up to this I too am a AVGN fan and James other works. I hope this movie really goes well for him. ^^ Hope all goes well James._

• DavidBlackford

December 6, 2011 at 3:10 am

Ment to say ‘Fans’ not ‘Faces’

• November 8, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Because, yeah…most of those guys sucked. And Doug really doesn’t know acting or filmmaking at all. I hope he isn’t helping too much with your film.

• garypitts

December 4, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Well James obviously completely disagrees with you on that one. An thank god he does.

• LicaWolf

November 9, 2011 at 1:03 pm

If you watch the original “AVGN movie auditions” video, you’ll see they asked for their acting resume and they actually encouraged SAG members to try out. It’s more probable that these guys are not just fans, but they have some real acting experience.

I think James’ work is superior in some ways, but I have to agree with Torus, Doug is a better actor (and yeah, I don’t mean that as an offence either, I’m big fan of both).

• Torus202

November 9, 2011 at 8:40 pm

@ Starcraft39 and LicaWolf.

I appreciate that. I honestly thought I was going to get slammed by fans that only praise James.

I’m hoping that the AVGN movie brings both James and Doug more into the mainstream. If Doug Walker is going to play a part in the film, I have a feeling he will be the breakout star.

• IDED

November 10, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Wish I could cast but UK’s bit of a distance.

• BenjaminOstermeier

November 19, 2011 at 7:03 pm

Thanks for that great behind the scenes video. I liked that Doug made it fun and easy-going, even for the people who wouldn’t get a chance to audition!

That guy at the end that Doug chased was hilarious, how he said “Irate Gamer” for his choice. Good stuff!

• MatthewCorelli

November 30, 2011 at 6:22 pm

I would have loved to audition, but Chicago is so far from New York…

• MatthewCorelli

November 30, 2011 at 6:23 pm

P.S. I will work for free, just feed me. Lol.

• Einsam

December 22, 2011 at 6:01 am

too bad i dont go near the city

• JaysonGeronca

January 24, 2012 at 11:36 am

I can’t wait for AVGN The Movie! Hey James, If I may suggest, please find a celebrity Nerd fan to help promote and possibly finance the projects.

Hey Guys, check out X-Men-A-Thon Par 1. X-Men 1 movie review only

G-Jays Productions.

Grab a copy of X-Men Movies and see movie reviews @

• ShawnMatthews

February 4, 2012 at 4:21 pm

I told you guys I was going to be in Chicago during the auditions, but did you get back to me? NOoo0oo! I would make that trip anytime. I better get an invite to the LA auditions, I have a lot to offer to the movie as an actor/creative consultant/ script writer. And oh yeah will work for food and a copy of the film. Why? Because most of AVGN’s videos are so creative and funny, it’d be a dream come true if I got picked to be in the movie. So please post when the LA auditions are happening James. Thanks for your time.

• JaysonGeronca

February 11, 2012 at 2:38 pm

G-Jays Game Zone – your online shopping center!

Xbox Live Gold Membership (12 months), Wii, Xbox, PS3, PC, Kinect, and games for all consoles now available at G-Jays.

β€œTop 10 Video Games of All Time” also available, Visit us at http://g-jays.blogspot.com/2012/02/g-jays-gameone.html

(powered by Amazon)

• Arcade

March 1, 2012 at 1:39 am

That video made me so happy