Curse of the Monster TV Commercials

James / October 29th, 2011

Comments

• ognjen

October 29, 2011 at 3:49 pm

dilla dilla beats beats

• October 29, 2011 at 5:55 pm

I spend like 2 hours one day identifying every clip in the last montage video here.

• October 29, 2011 at 7:01 pm

That last one reminded me I really need new copies of Clash of the Titans and the original HG Wells Time Machine Movie. I could use the new Time machine movie also but it wasn’t in there.

• October 29, 2011 at 11:28 pm

I love the blue oyster cult touch in the godzilla vid 🙂

• ShadowMan84

October 30, 2011 at 12:01 am

I would love to see these brought back on tv maybe Spike and have James host them.

• Juria316

October 30, 2011 at 12:17 am

Ah, how I so miss the good old days! Monstervision was amazing!

• Devil_Rising

October 30, 2011 at 3:27 am

I like Joe Bob Brigs, he’s funny. But at the same time, to me it’s kind of sad that people (if they remember it at all) remember MonsterVision for him. Because to me, after he took over (though I highly doubt it was all his fault), they changed the format from classics to more modern stuff, which was a major let-down. I loved MonsterVision as a kid because it introduced me to so many classic (and not so “classic”, but still great to see), sci-fi and horror films. Even fantasy. I first saw movies like Jason & the Argonauts and The Golden Voyage of Sinbad and First Men in the Moon on MonsterVision. I first saw several of the Godzilla films I had still yet to see, on MonsterVision. In fact, that New Year’s Eve 1994, was hands down the best NYE I ever had as a kid. Godzilla for two straight nights = heaven to a kid who adores classic monster movies.

I will always fondly remember MonsterVision in it’s earliest form, from 1993-1995. That and MST3K were pretty much my favorite non-animated programming as a kid. And at the same time, I’m also sad, because I wish we had a REAL “MonsterVision” type channel, that played NOTHING but classic sci-fi/fantasy/horror movies and shows, nothing from later than 1979, but mostly stuff from the earlier years. That, to me, would be the best channel ever made.

• October 30, 2011 at 3:18 pm

I miss Joe Bob and MonsterVision. I especially miss his statistics on the movies and his rating system. RIP MonsterVision…

• October 31, 2011 at 11:55 am

@Mike Matei Haha seriously? Good work! Have you seen them all?