Childhood comics: FRANKENSTEIN

James / October 2nd, 2011

Frankenstein comic I drew at a young age.

Comments

• October 2, 2011 at 10:02 am

It’s almost identical to the movie you talked about yesterday.
    Why did you call Fritz Igor? Were you at that time more familiar with that name?

My favorite part was when Frankenstein discovered the brain was abnormal. LOL

• Zyklopfish

October 2, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Hey James, nice comic!
    But did you notice that the name Frankenstein is spelled wrong in the title or did you do that intentionally?

• October 2, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Woah, lots of grammar and spelling errors. Yes, Frankenstein is spelt wrong many times, I also noticed a few other errors I point out below. Getting passed those errors though, you did create a great little comic based off the movie. : )

They experiment with brains in (thier) there and I am counting on you, Igor, to steal me a brain.
    Obviously, Igor (has’nt) hasn’t read the label.
    Frankenstein, my husband, is working on some strange experiment. I barely ever see him. I’m the only (women) woman who lives in a different house than her husband.
    What’s (thier) their problem(?); (K)knocking at this time of night.

• frostare

October 2, 2011 at 1:39 pm

WAIT, ISN’T FRANKENSTEIN SUPPOSED TO BE THE MONSTER!? OK I’m done trolling.
    That’s some amazing work! You sure knew when the time was right to post it.

• joliet_jane

October 2, 2011 at 4:38 pm

The monster’s death as depicted by a child. It somehow seems more tragic. :’-(

• culwin

October 2, 2011 at 4:53 pm

I’m going to go watch the AVGN review of Frankenstein now!

• Gojirafan87

October 2, 2011 at 8:35 pm

“See that body? I’m gonna bring it to life.”

• Gojirafan87

October 2, 2011 at 8:37 pm

“YOU ARE NOT GOD! YOU CANNOT CREATE LIFE!”
    “OH, YES. I CAN!! JUST WATCH!!”

• JayRam

October 3, 2011 at 1:16 am

Did someone seriously just correct the grammar and spelling errors in your comic as a response?

What the fuck!

• Freaknut

October 3, 2011 at 2:23 am

Nice work. I did have the urge to watch the original, but this pretty much summed it up. Thanks. :)

• Doresh

October 3, 2011 at 4:27 am

That look on Frankenstein’s face when he finds out about the brain is priceless XD

• sparx

October 3, 2011 at 4:34 pm

To all the grammar/spelling corrections: Seriously?! Were you guys all English professors as pre-pubescent children? I can’t even remember what I was like at thirteen. James was smart enough to save this stuff just to laugh at it. You guys take stuff way too seriously.

• October 10, 2011 at 1:20 am

That was pretty good; well paced and captured the one-hour film into twenty-something pages nicely. Lovin’ your childhood comics, James

• Russkafin

October 16, 2011 at 3:21 pm

“Use this needle. It’s filled with sleeping gas.”

• DafyddLittle

March 7, 2012 at 2:50 pm

frostare, frankenstein created the monster.
    And TwistedSpeech, if you think you’re being smart by correcting a 13 year old’s grammar, you are sorely mistaken.