Monster Madness around the world

James / September 27th, 2011

Let’s take a trip around the globe and re-watch some Monster Madness videos from past years. Monster movies from all around the world.

Brain Dead (New Zealand)

Dracula (Spanish version)

Best of Godzillathon (Japan)

Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (Germany)

Hammer Films (England)

Cemetery Man (Italy)

Coffin Joe (Brazil)

Evil Ed (Sweden)

Reptilian (South Korea)

Mystics in Bali (Indonesia)

Infra-Man (Hong Kong, China)

Comments

• September 27, 2011 at 1:08 pm

FIRST COMMENT!! and you spelled braindead wrong but yeah can’t wait for monster madness ’11 !

• horrorfanboy

September 27, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Awesome. Just four days left til Monster Madness.

• BorisCarloff

September 27, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Hm… you watched Italian, Chinese and horror movies from other countries. But never Russian. Yep, and not just from Russia, but from USSR i know 2 great horror movies. First will be most popular, it’s Vii (or Wii, i don’t know, it’s kind of word you can’t translate), it’s an horror from 1967, one exorcist (it’s also word that can’t be translated, but it spells bogoslov (bog – god, slov – word, o as a connection)) must spend few nights with obsessed dead woman. Other one is actually much more popular in other countries. It’s really old and i never saw it, but it’s not just used, no, it’s created most popular sci-fi cliches. Please do a review of them, or at least comment them, because i’d love to know what do you think of them.

• ZidaneTribal

September 27, 2011 at 1:29 pm

@BorisCarloff

What’s the name of the second movie?

• BorisCarloff

September 27, 2011 at 1:38 pm

ZidaneTribal
    I said, i never watched this to the end and i don’t know the name. I only saw it once when i was watching news (Russians themselves discovered this movie about 2-3 years ago and the guy who told us about this movie was some filmmaker) and by parts sometimes. Right now i’m trying to find it, but it’s not easy to find film that’s almost nobody knows.

• BorisCarloff

September 27, 2011 at 2:02 pm

I think i found it. I’m not sure, but it’s might be Solaris, but not shitty american remake from 2002, no. This one is from 1972 (not that old, but hey, i only once heard about it at all, so don’t blame me), director of it Andrey Tarkovskiy and it’s based of a book of Stanislav Lem. I can’t really tell is it that movie, but i think it fits in my description well. Or it’s because the facts from news were fake. I don’t know, but right now it might be Solaris.

• Erwinator

September 27, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Watch a Dutch horror like Saint or De Lift :P
    (with subtitels)
    ;)

• Joekerr

September 27, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Here are some norwegian horror movies:

De Dødes Tjern (Lake of the Dead) (1958)
    Villmark (Dark Woods) (2003)
    Fritt Vilt I-III (Cold Prey 1-3) (06, 08, 2010)
    Naboer (Next Door) (2005)
    Død Snø (Dead Snow) (2009)
    Rovdyr (Manhunt) (2008)
    Skjult (Hidden) (2009)
    Snarveien (Detour) (2009)

If you find them, check them out. Some of them are pretty good.

• JayRam

September 27, 2011 at 9:25 pm

It needs to be Saturday already. The anticipation is fuckin’ grueling, man.

• culwin

September 27, 2011 at 9:28 pm

I am mad for monster madness

• September 28, 2011 at 3:25 am

Cool to see a Swedish film on the list, never heard of it though. But it sure looks funny!
    James, How did you come across all these from all the different places in the world?

• Art_Hazard

September 28, 2011 at 9:15 am

There was another good Russian Horror Movie based on A.Tolstoy story named “Upir”.
    The movie was called “Piushie Crov”, which means “Blood Drinkers”

• SuperJaneEyre

September 28, 2011 at 5:41 pm

@BorisCarloff

Solaris is fantastic! I had no idea it wasn’t popular in its native country! I wouldn’t really call it a horror movie, though it does have some creepy bits!

• SuperJaneEyre

September 28, 2011 at 5:47 pm

And for anyone trying to look up BorisCarloff’s other rec, the romanization of the title is “Viy.”

• SuperJaneEyre

September 28, 2011 at 5:59 pm

And I don’t want to be the annoying fan that makes suggestions to James, but I’ve always wanted Asian horror movies (ones that don’t involve giant monsters, I mean) on the Monster Madness lists.

• October 5, 2011 at 3:39 am

James im from Mexico and i want to recommend some films from my country that i love, they do sell them in the USA with subtitles in english as far as i know

Veneno para las hadas http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0135033/

Satánico pandemonium http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070636/

Hasta el viento tiene miedo http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061752/

and pretty much everything from the director Carlos Enrique Taboada http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0846010/

• October 10, 2011 at 7:08 pm

Infra-Man is by-far my favorite Monster Madness video.