AVGN Movie – Chicago live auditions

James / September 26th, 2011

Hey actors/actresses in the Chicago area, if you’d like to audition for the AVGN movie, check out the details in this video. Basically, send your resume/headshot, and demo reel if available to [email protected] with “Chicago” in the subject line. If selected, you’ll be invited to come to a live recording on October 15th between 11am-5pm. You’ll be asked to read random monologues. No content from the movie is given out.

Thanks Doug and TGWTG for putting this video together!

We will most likely have auditions in the New York City and Los Angeles areas. We already do have a lot of submissions from those areas, so if you sent already, we have you on file. If a live audition for either of these cities take place, it will be announced when the time comes.

Also, thanks again everyone for donating to the Paypal link. It helped a lot! I bought a new camera which I plan to use on the movie. (You may see results in future videos, but keep in mind, many upcoming videos have already been shot on the old camera. Actually I shot the Cinemassacre DVD promo video with it.) We have gotten a ton of suggestions about using another site to donate such as Kickstarter. We have been looking into this extensively and when we set up something like that, it will be announced too.

Comments

• Piroshok

September 26, 2011 at 12:35 pm

I’m shocked your persistence, James. This movie will be great. I have no doubt in this.

• September 26, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Damn it’d be cool to be in this movie. Too bad i’m not an actor. Fuck it, can i audition to walk around in the background and sip on a soda?

• russiancthulhu

September 26, 2011 at 2:02 pm

may i ask what kind of camera you’ve bought, James? name the exact model, please..

• Lukas Sprehn

January 20, 2013 at 4:18 pm

The camera is the Panasonic AF100 (also called AF101 and 102 depending on the “region” it was bought in.)

• cottonrhetoric

September 26, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Oh no :\
    This means nostalgia critic is going to be in the movie, doesn’t it :\
    James, if it’s not too late to revise the script, please keep his role to a small cameo.

• September 26, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Awesome to see there’s an actual still now, to see it’s in real production.

For those who didn’t catch it, 1:46 is an obvious still from the film. The lighting is waaaay too professional to be a regular episode.

The Nostalgia Critic in the movie? Well, I understand your reasoning. It was written in 2008, which if I’m not mistaken was when the ultimate rivalry of ultimate Intertwebz was taking place. I do hope it’s done well, and I know it will, based on what you’ve told us. Damn, you’re really going through with this big time. Can’t wait to see how it turns out!

• September 26, 2011 at 6:13 pm

I don’t suppose you’ll be doing auditions, or shooting, or anything at all in the Boston area, will you? ………….stupid New York always hogging all the North Eastern U.S. fame. there are other cities up here too ya know!

• Furydeath

September 26, 2011 at 6:19 pm

We need one for ohio!

• GabeTheGameGuy

September 26, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Damn, I’m not 18 yet, lived in Chicago all my life though. If only there was a role for a 15 year old.

• September 28, 2011 at 12:08 pm

god i hate not to live in america… will be donating tho and hoping that the AVGN movie would be published in europe

• September 28, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Man it really sucks that the only time you are in my area… I’m out of town for work! lol FML

• September 30, 2011 at 3:38 pm

They’re the world’s most fearsome fighting team.

• Huloo

October 10, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Aww .. Can’t you come to FL ?!?! DX So sad !!