Philadelphia Casting Call – AVGN Movie

James / August 30th, 2011

Attention all those in the Philadelphia, PA area. If you’re interested in coming to a live audition for the AVGN Movie on September 10, send your headshot/resume to [email protected] with “Philadelphia” in the subject line. You’ll be contacted if selected to come audition. Check out the funny video.

Comments

• EliteDeath

August 30, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Are you going to post a full list of all the cities you plan on holding auditions at? That would really help us out a lot.

• Corpse

August 30, 2011 at 12:27 pm

@Elitedeath

I’m pretty sure they already did that when they first announced they were holding casting calls.

• EliteDeath

August 30, 2011 at 12:36 pm

@Corpse

I haven’t seen it, if I remember correctly it said that they were going to hold auditions at other cities and would come out with the list, but they haven’t. I could be wrong, but I’m not sure. Has anyone else seen it?

• Corpse

August 30, 2011 at 12:41 pm

@Elitedeath

Ah yeah, perhaps they didn’t mention any specific names and my memory is just fuzzy! sorry.

• August 30, 2011 at 1:12 pm

No other cities announced officially yet, stay tuned.

• kgn340

August 30, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Is there gonna be a couch involved?

I have a fear of couches.

• Joker83

August 30, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Will you be coming to NYC? If not I can try to attend the one in Philly.

• August 30, 2011 at 2:05 pm

It’s a shame that while you were at PAX we couldn’t have one in Seattle…I’ll still be lookin out though

• August 30, 2011 at 2:59 pm

hey just sent in an email, i have no resume, cause iv never done any acting, but i did send in a picture. and i was wondering if ud even bother reading it if im 13 years old, cause i would love to be in the movie im a huge fan, thanx and if its okay if im 13 pls comment james.

• Valis77

August 30, 2011 at 4:26 pm

0:12 keep that to yourself lady >_>

• Valis77

August 30, 2011 at 4:27 pm

0:21 keep that to yourself lady >_>

• greedo

August 30, 2011 at 4:40 pm

What’s with the wink at 0:02? That has to be the most awkward looking wink I have ever seen. No offense. :)

• itscmillertime

August 30, 2011 at 7:11 pm

Jim, if you come to Boston. I’ll make it worth your while. Young indiana jones for genesis… you know you want it.

• The Count Otaku

August 30, 2011 at 8:49 pm

As much as I would love to be able to audition. .. I’m just not an actor. My resume would say nothing about acting and I only work in an orthotic manufacturing lab. The only thing close to acting that I’ve done was in a commercial for the video game store Microplay which I think is only shown in a specific area ( if its still being shown ) and I don’t have any speaking lines accept when we all ask ” Any questions? ” at the end. I guess the only way I can support the project is by donating. I look forward to seeing the film’s completion.

• Freaknut

August 31, 2011 at 5:19 am

If we get the part, do we get paid? I don’t know how long I could take off work to shoot without them just terming me. ;)

• August 31, 2011 at 6:34 am

What a pity that I live in Russia :D

• August 31, 2011 at 7:29 am

Any chance for a Detroit casting call?

• August 31, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Tempting to drive home to get in on this. We shall see, I guess.

• August 31, 2011 at 5:09 pm

Any word for volunteers ?

• JackeeLee

August 31, 2011 at 5:35 pm

Will there be auditions in New Jersey? If not Ill come to the philly audition.

• August 31, 2011 at 5:54 pm

No age requirements? Or requirements at all? o-o I’m 15 btw, and was just wondering~ :x

• EliteDeath

August 31, 2011 at 7:50 pm

I’m waiting to see if you’ll come to a nearby city. I’m just worried I’m going to be sitting here waiting, and come to find out that you’re only going to a few cities and I lose my chance. But I’d fly to Philly, or the other side of the country if I had to.

• rossbosstx

September 1, 2011 at 1:02 am

MESSAGE TO ALL POSSIBLE CASTIES!!!!
    After doing the Audition today in Dallas I can possibly help with some Imediate PREPERATIONS. First
    1. Feel relaxed and confident,Don’t BE NERVOUS.Remember their people like you.And YOU are entertaining.
    2.Chalk up on your “James favorites Movie scripts”.There will be plenty to choose from(don’t ask I won’t tell).
    3.Upon the monologes.CHOOSE WISELY,Remember you have one shot to “do your best”
    4.Read and Reread.Inbed it into to your subconcious and feel what you want to do and do it your way,it will completly add to the flavor.
    5. When in the audition room look at Brian , something about him will relax you and make you feel comfortable.He’s totally cool.
    6.PREFORM,PREFORM,PREFORM.
    7.Finsh and thank you to every Auditioner,for not only did you make the effort to be there but they took the time to watch you do what you do best.
    GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY – Ross

• September 1, 2011 at 1:18 am

i’m really hoping for an Albany call. i have plenty of experience and have never(knocks on wood) had a bad review… i’ll submit in the the off chance. big fan of both AVGN and acting in general. i enjoy both more than a lot of things in life…

• Anthony121

September 1, 2011 at 4:55 pm

james dose it really need to be on the 10 because i have something to do that day i live in the philly area

• September 2, 2011 at 10:31 am

Come on James, Come to the home of Waynes World! We here in Aurora, IL aren’t all bad lol. Also I want to play a game of Contra with you. haha

• September 2, 2011 at 10:32 am

If I can last longer than you without Dying in Contra, then you have to cast me in your movie!!!

• Alex Hawk

September 2, 2011 at 12:50 pm

I SENT YOU GUYS AN EMAIL AND NEVER GOT A REPLY! KINDA SHITTY!!!!!!!

• Alex IDV

September 5, 2011 at 4:27 pm

@ Alex Hawk: Not really. I’m certain that they received very many e-mails, and they just don’t have the time to respond to every individual e-mail, and they’re not exactly obligated to do so either.

• exploda

September 5, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Damn I’m going to be in Philly on the 10th anyway but I have no prior acting experience apart from the home movies my friend and I used to make.

• LukasSprehn

September 9, 2011 at 5:38 pm

James! Wesley Scoggins from Indy Mogul sent you a mail regarding the AVGN movie’s production, asking if there’s anything Indy Mogul can help out with! He ain’t got any answer yet :(

• Pimpdaddy101

September 13, 2011 at 1:29 am

Are you gay?

• Pimpdaddy101

September 13, 2011 at 1:30 am

Is this lady gay?

• StevanMata

September 13, 2011 at 2:20 am

steph is hot

• KevinFinn

September 14, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Lukas, you’d be better to have them send a message directly to my facebook. – Kevin Finn

• LukasSprehn