My appearance at PAX (Seattle, WA)

James / August 22nd, 2011

A reminder for those that don’t already know, I will be appearing at the big video game convention PAX (Penny Arcade) this weekend in Seattle, WA. Don’t miss my panel:

Friday August 26, 2011
11:30 AM
Pegasus Theatre

For more info on PAX, go here.

It’ll last approximately an hour. I will show the new AVGN episode and take your questions about anything. Joining me on the panel will be Kevin Finn (The Ninja from the Ninja Gaiden episode and the Gremlin from the Game Glitches episode, and co-writer on AVGN: The Movie.)

Comments

• August 22, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Preliminary Question: Will there be hors d’oeuvres?

• JamesRolfe

August 22, 2011 at 1:33 pm

I’d go but I was permabanned from their shows

• TheRetroHero

August 22, 2011 at 1:36 pm

It better be sunny there!

• August 22, 2011 at 1:43 pm

I’d go but I’m seeing Blink-182 and Rancid that day

• August 22, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Damn. I only got a Saturday pass.

• JayRam

August 22, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Almost moved up to Seattle this month and lived with my brother. Damn!

You gotta make your way to Northern California sometime. That is, if you don’t mind the smell of cheap beer and agriculture; there ain’t shit here.

• August 22, 2011 at 4:02 pm

I would have loved to check this out but it’s during the PAX Keynote and the first Q&A with Gabe and Tycho. I really wish they would have had this at a different time.

• August 22, 2011 at 4:57 pm

I haven’t been to something like this before, do you know if he does any signing?

• August 22, 2011 at 5:19 pm

I’ll do signing afterwards, yes.

• DemonX

August 22, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Will you have the AVGN dvds and other merch for sale? If so how much?

• August 22, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Yeah, look for ScrewAttack booth, they’ll have the DVD’s and merch with them. I’ll even try to do the signing in the same place.

• August 22, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Wish I could go but I don’t think I’ll be able to

• likalaruku

August 22, 2011 at 9:54 pm

Quite a few people I’d like to see will be a PAX but unfortunately they’ve been completely sold out for some time now. Worst part is I’m local & didn’t remember to get tickets early.

• likalaruku

August 22, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Yup, I rechecked; PAX Prime is “100% sold out.” No AVGN, Notch from Mojang, or Yatzee for us. 🙁

• JudasBear

August 22, 2011 at 10:07 pm

ohhhh to bad iam from germany and cant meet you guys
    but i wish you many many visitors for your pannel and much fun at there

at least i wanted to ask if mike/you upload the new episode
    on same day or some later?^^

greetings from germany

• DemonX

August 23, 2011 at 12:06 am

Few more question
    1) if we see you around the center, would you rather have us leave u alone or can we approach you and say hey( or something)

2) will the signing be after the pannel orbefore, or will it be during the convention.

3) will you be going to do another Location Tour in Seattle?

• August 23, 2011 at 12:39 am

It would be awesome if you came to Canada. It’s only 3 hrs north from Seattle.

• Strazdas

August 23, 2011 at 7:20 am

can somone record the thing, seeing as im half-way aroudn the world i wont be able to get there?

• August 23, 2011 at 10:12 am

Super dissappointed i didnt find out about you being in the washington area untill after the show was sold out. I am from PA and probably not far from where your at actually and the Military brought me to this coast. BAH. Hopefully one of these days i can get you to sign something! It would be an excellant addition to my collection of gaming memorabilia.

• RYGAR

August 23, 2011 at 5:04 pm

James, when I got the email yesterday that you were going to be at PAX, I was so stoked!! Cannot wait to meet you dude, I’m a big fan, and you’ve inspired me on a personal level. Looking forward to a great weekend in Seattle!! First round is on me brother!!! -RYGAR

• August 23, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Looking forward

• christburner

August 23, 2011 at 9:02 pm

JAMES if you havent heard them yet…check out the protomen….cant make it to your panel ..(yeah im pissed) but we’ll all be hangin out at el corazon for the Protomen show FRIDAY NIGHT!!!!

• pkfridley

August 23, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Aww man I’d love to go but I’m not going

• sinisterjuggernaut

August 23, 2011 at 11:59 pm

Time to come to California

• zek verb

August 24, 2011 at 1:20 am

will you have a vid of your visit there. and when are we gonna see your new avgn vid. not trying to rush you or anything. im just syked on what it could be. keep up the good work

• August 24, 2011 at 2:23 am

Should have come up a few days earlier and made it to Hempfest in Seattle James you barely missed it 😛

• Tenks

August 24, 2011 at 6:55 am

It’s sold out. Damn, I was so close to seeing the AVGN in person. Oh well.

• August 24, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Since PAX is now sold out and I’m unable to go, I was wondering if anyone at the Q&A panel would be willing to throw James a question for me (or if James could answer here, that would also be phenomenal.)

I’d really like to know if within the AVGN movie, we might expect to see recurrences of some fan favorite characters? Personally, I’d love to see Kyle Justin as Spider-Man again, or one of Mike’s many characters (Cowardly Lion, the Joker, etc.)

If anyone asks this question at the Q&A, or anything remotely similar, I’ll be incredibly grateful.

• courtrightjm

August 24, 2011 at 7:52 pm

I really wish you could have announced this sooner. I thought “Sweet, I get a chance to meet the Nerd,” but then I looked at the website to get a pass, they were sold out of everything. Please announce things like these a bit earlier. I’ve never heard of PAX until you announced that you were going to be in Seattle, but there’s nothing I can do. I’m a little disappointed, but there should be another chance in the future.

• toutol

August 25, 2011 at 12:49 am

Hi James, I am from China ,And I like you video .As I am preparing for an diffculit exam in our country ,I often feel tired.Then I turn on my computer and watch your video,It makes me so happy that I forget my tried.

Now in china many people watch your video on the internet, You konw you also have many fans in China. We are in favor of you. And we look forward to more of your video.Then most of us hope you can make the video of ET as you tempt us so much of it

My English is not so well,I hope I do not make too many mistakes in my words to understand.

• Takatsume

August 25, 2011 at 1:58 am

Since PAX is a tabletop convention as well as a video game convention will you be doing some Board James stuff as well? Maybe Deadly Danger Dungeon in the tabletop freeplay area?

@courtrightjm

Wasn’t possible this year, unfortunately. PAX sold out in a couple weeks this year and the panel schedule wasn’t finalized until a couple months later. I was kind of surprised he didn’t go to PAX east in Boston the last couple years given the closer proximity to his home.

• Ebsy

August 25, 2011 at 9:20 am

You all know the ‘new AVGN episode’ is ET right? To paraphrase “Not much in the gameplay department…But the history around it means a lot”

If it’s not ET, then I’ll eat the rotten asshole of a roadkill skunk and down it with Rolling Rock…

Guess we’ll find out tomorrow… 😉

• juggalo747

August 25, 2011 at 12:44 pm

@Ebsy

I hope you’re hungry, then. He specifically said that ET is the review that will be in the AVGN movie. That being said, I highly doubt he will be doing of review of it tomorrow.

• kraig

August 25, 2011 at 8:11 pm

can you get me a PAX sivir league of legends skin ^_^

• SippinCoughee

August 26, 2011 at 1:41 am

That would have been great to see AVGN at Hempfest!! 😀

• Schizima

August 26, 2011 at 8:56 am

Will the episode be online today as well?

• gamerz

August 26, 2011 at 10:41 am

I assume you’re gonna post the video on this site at a later period. Look forward to finding out what game you reviewed. I hope you consider going back to basics with your future avgn episodes. Keep up the good work as always.

• SetzerGambini

August 26, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Thanks for the late reminder. I didn’t know you were coming to town and tickets for that event have been sold out for awhile now. I would have bought a damn ticket if I knew you were coming. Very unhappy!

Long time fan!

• August 26, 2011 at 8:35 pm

It was really awesome to meet James at PAX. Got a few of his DVDs and he signed my badges. Hes a nice humble guy in person.

• Johnthegamer

August 27, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Sorry I missed PAX, would of loved to have James sign my copy of Simon’s Quest.:)

• August 31, 2011 at 8:35 am

I’d KILL to be able to attend a PAX. Signatures from Jerry, Mike AND James? UGH. Do want.

• jomamma