Comic-Con 2011: UPDATE #3 – “Beavis and Butthead” and Robert Rodriguez

Mike / July 24th, 2011

This update was shot during Day 2, but I talk about what happened the night before. I saw the new Beavis and Butthead clips where they make fun of the current reality shows on MTV. Best of all, I got into a VIP party and met one of my favorite directors, Robert Rodriguez. Check it out.

Comments

• Syph

July 24, 2011 at 1:53 am

I may be the greatest Beavis and Butthead fan ever. I loved the show and can almost perfectly impersonate nearly all of Mike Judge’s charachters and can draw them almost as well. Great news, hmm-hmm heh.

• Syph

July 24, 2011 at 1:58 am

Dear lord I shouldn’t post when U’m drinking. I added an extra h in “Characters” lol.

• Syph

July 24, 2011 at 1:59 am

And 3’rd post in a row. Perhaps I’ll actually check this one… People lay off the booze. It’s no good when typing.

• Furydeath

July 24, 2011 at 3:00 am

Need more then 2, 2 min videos =(

• July 24, 2011 at 4:31 am

I’m a huge Beavis and Butt-head fan from the golden days of 90’s animation (not ot mention a huge fan of Ren and Stimpy. Rocko’s Modern Life and many others) but I just get a bad feeling about a new B&B series starting up after so long.Especially in this day and age with the rampant notion of political correntess having overrun nearly everything in site.

• redmonth123

July 24, 2011 at 11:08 am

I quickly became a huge fan of Robert Rodriguez, but I noticed a lot things you guys had in common when I read his book. One really big thing being that duo VCR editing setup you mentioned in Cinemassacre 200.

Lucky you met him, that’s pretty awesome. So did you actually chat with Robert Rodriguez personnally?

• cdx873v

July 24, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Syph: there should be a iq test to get on the internet. that way you can’t get online when you’re drinking, hehehe. would sure save me alot of time, lol 😉

• Syph

July 24, 2011 at 2:45 pm

If there were an IQ test to get on the internet this would be a lonely place. Also, an edit function would be nice.

• xdeathknightx

July 24, 2011 at 5:47 pm

I like Beavis and Butthead and the new show looks like fun. Mike Judge does need to get in the voices a little more. Butthead sounds alright but the high pitched Beavis sounds a bit off.

• PorkFrydRice

July 24, 2011 at 6:18 pm

To me the best part of Beavis and Butthead, wasn’t really the show but when they were talking over the music videos, that was some of the funniest moments I can remember ever seeing on television.

• timster

July 24, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Robert Rodriguez happens to be one of my favorite directors too. After whipping out Desperado, Planet Terror, and Machete, I’ve been a loyal follower of his films to date. He’s just that daring and badass. Good on ya that you met him!

• timster

July 24, 2011 at 10:59 pm

Also, Beavis and Butthead! Man, I can’t wait to see the new season. Seen the sneak peek clip from MTV, and I’ve missed the adventures of those two morons.XD

• July 25, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Seriously, who doesn’t want to see Beavis and Butthead make fun of the shitty reality shows on MTV? Not only are they coming back, but there isn’t a lack of subject matter for them to talk about…even though Music Videos died on MTV right around the same time B+B did actually…

• thebgd

July 26, 2011 at 2:46 pm

wow those machete movies sound ridiculous….. can’t believe they’re making those. nice work as always james

• Crust

July 26, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Beavis and Butthead is such prolefeed.

• July 28, 2011 at 11:41 pm

A Fire and Ice remake sounds bad ass!

• Strazdas

July 31, 2011 at 8:20 am

beavis and butthead has one redeeming factor. it was the last time MTV played any music.